FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > spiritualist

spiritualist

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you believe in life after death? I'm really into it.

I was at a spiritualist church tonight.

Some of the things I was told as proof was unbelievable definitely no way someone can know that but me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I believe x

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Mums a member of a spiritulist church has her very own spirit guide weird thing is all spirit guides seem to be wise chinaman or indian chiefs why is there no glasgow ned guides ? I believe there is something after death and that alot of our mind brains potential is un-used

I also believe big time,

I'm a spiritualist

Can I ask u a question plz

By *rmagiteMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I believe.. but not what I had to learn while growing up.

It really is amazing the stuff they tell you this guy in particular was so spot on the hairs in the back of my neck stood up

Yes I believe. I've had to many experiences not to and my mother was a medium. Xx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Yes im a big believer too the one i saw after by brother passed away was incredible

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

What one did u go to i strongly beleive in this and i would like to go back someday as i used to do this but shut the door on it a good few years back it was my own choice throught circumstances I still get we messages now and again and certain things happen

"What one did u go to i strongly beleive in this and i would like to go back someday as i used to do this but shut the door on it a good few years back it was my own choice throught circumstances I still get we messages now and again and certain things happen"

I went to one in Paisley the soul sanctuary but the guy does private readings also

Said he could read me all night

I have been to loads

And not 1ever told me anything I would say wow something in that

You believe what you want to believe

My mate spends a lot of money going to spiritualists and such like

Sorry but if you have this " gift " why charge?

Con!

The churches I go to only take donations I wouldn't pay over the top prices for any like you they have a gift why charge 40/50 quid

Exactly

It's all just too vague for me

As i said the one i saw after my my borther died was amazing the things she knew .

she didnt charge but asked for a donating which went to different charities

"As i said the one i saw after my my borther died was amazing the things she knew .

she didnt charge but asked for a donating which went to different charities "

Yeah loads do that now this guy tonight totally amazed me

Yeah but grief does a lot to your way of thinking jacs

Makes you vulnerable and want to believe

Hear things you want

If the reading made you able to cope with your grief well money well spent

But I just think there are tricks of the trade to prompt information

Again just my opinion

X

coatbridge

To be a medium within the church and to hold membership you are not allowed to charge which I see as a good thing should make it easier to out any charlatans

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

[Removed by poster at 10/11/14 23:02:13]

Argyll

To be honest I have no idea what happens to us after we die.

I have however seen what Derren Brown can do so remain slightly sceptical about the whole thing.

As far as I know no paraphsychology has stood up to scientific testing but it doesn't mean it cannot happen.

If it brings people comfort at times of distress and they are really not ripping anyone off it probably does no harm.

Kola I went to the church in Coatbridge and walked out half way thru

Mainly due to the fact it was Baltic inside it but I had to walk as it was farcical and folk actually believing the guff folk were saying?

It could have been for anyone in the room

Maybe my mind isn't as open as others lol

Ok il give you the examples of what i was told .

I was asked if my brother was a twin i told her no he wasnt she said idont know im getting twins but i am she then gave me his name and said she saw two of the same ..thats when i realised what she ment because my brother and my uncle died 8 weeks apart and both had the same names thats why she was saying two of the same .

she then told me she was being shown gloves why is someone showing me gloves

i said i had no idea ,then she said oh wait a min its boxing gloves my brother ,dad,grandfather and uncles were all boxers including my uncle that passed away .

I could go on but its too much to tell but she was spot n wend this wasnt soon after my brother passed it was a year later .

As I said jacs

If it gave you peace it was money well spent

Me I hope there is something else

But iv just not heard enough for me personally to think there is

X

coatbridge

"Kola I went to the church in Coatbridge and walked out half way thru

Mainly due to the fact it was Baltic inside it but I had to walk as it was farcical and folk actually believing the guff folk were saying?

It could have been for anyone in the room

Maybe my mind isn't as open as others lol"

yup funding in the coatbridge church has always been a problem im a bit of a skeptic myself and would agree that alot of the folk who go do so wanting to believe derren brown has shown on many occasions how psycology can be used to gain fake results on the other hand there are many mediums who wholeheartedly believe they are passing msgs from the other side I myself can sometimes get flashes from contact with folk whether the things I see and feel are true ive no idea but I believe I get them is it perhaps an extension of "gut feeling" no idea ....but if it brings comfort and both partys are happy alls good

"I'm a spiritualist "

Hope you don't mind a wee Q?

Do you ever have problems sorting out their messages from your own thoughts?

By *ee-YinWoman  over a year ago

nr bathgate

I totally believe, been to spiritualist charch lots and got told so much personal stuff that no one would know.

My boy is quite spiritual too, I actually tested him by getting him to ask his papa (who visits him often) something only me and him knew .........few days later my son told me his papa was at school and he then told my the answer to my question!!

"I'm a spiritualist

Do you ever have problems sorting out their messages from your own thoughts?"

I used to when I first started when I doubted what I was told but like everything it all takes practice. Now I can clear my mind and listen to what I have been told.

All the women and men that go on the platform at the church's have had training. It takes years to perfect the skill and they are all at different levels. So some will give you a lot of evidence some just a little. Sometimes all you need to hear is one thing and you know. Also these men and women aren't in it for fame or money they are doing it to help. They are human and suffer stage fright and nerves the same as any other person.

People are all different So some are easier to read than others. If you don't relax and open yourself up you will get nothing. I never had a message up until last year because I kept my myself closed off to it all.

I'm a medium but on a good day I can squeeze into a small ??

A very raw subject to me just now grief is a terrible thing a battle every day I believe in spiritualism very strongly and helps and gives you more strength to cope everyone has there own opinions on this but for me it's a helping mechanism

By *ky HookMan  over a year ago

Dundee

"A very raw subject to me just now grief is a terrible thing a battle every day I believe in spiritualism very strongly and helps and gives you more strength to cope everyone has there own opinions on this but for me it's a helping mechanism "

If you are struggling to cope with recent grief then I also recommend Cruise which is a charity set up to offer bereavement counciling. I am not in anyway trying to diss spirtualism I believe. Beyond believing I know. Im only recommending them as an extra. They helped me a lot when I lost my mum. ]

"As I said jacs

X"

well when it happens ul know.

I think a 121 reading you will definitely get something that's so personal to you.

Another thing she said to me was that I'd given my daughter a ring,she said it's a very special ring to you.

The ring she ment was my eternity ring I gave her when my hubby got me a new eternity ring for our silver wedding again so personal to me and no way she could have known that.

"A very raw subject to me just now grief is a terrible thing a battle every day I believe in spiritualism very strongly and helps and gives you more strength to cope everyone has there own opinions on this but for me it's a helping mechanism

If you are struggling to cope with recent grief then I also recommend Cruise which is a charity set up to offer bereavement counciling. I am not in anyway trying to diss spirtualism I believe. Beyond believing I know. Im only recommending them as an extra. They helped me a lot when I lost my mum. ]"

thank you i will look into that for added support

I'm a big be leaver off this lost a very close friend the other month who had the gift you could be sitting in her company and she would out off the blue just turn round and start saying things.have been to spooky church a few times and would not mind going back to one......

glasgow

regarding the message about sorting messages out from your own thoughts This worried me at first but going to development classes helped me and u know when a message come through for some one it aint u r own thoughts i remember the first time i went onto the platform the person i got through decided to shout at their relative through me it wasnt bad but the person told me later that they had allways been a loud mouth so even in the after life things dont change

"As I said jacs

Xwell when it happens ul know.

I think a 121 reading you will definitely get something that's so personal to you.

Another thing she said to me was that I'd given my daughter a ring,she said it's a very special ring to you.

The ring she ment was my eternity ring I gave her when my hubby got me a new eternity ring for our silver wedding again so personal to me and no way she could have known that. "

i have had a few 1 2 1 sittings all fro friends and families recommendations saying oh there great they told me things only I knew

Nope sorry as I said never been to any that made me a believer

Il save my money lol

Last night I was told about my baby girl who was still born 94 the guy gave me the day & year also personal things that happened around that also. so definitely a believer big time as said previously from a few people need to open yourself up don't go in with any negativity as it's impossible to get a good Reading .

By *exy SwingMan  over a year ago

the sticks

I fancied going to a spiritualist church in portobello for a wee look but would need someone to hold my hand as im a shy lad

Argyll

There was a huge upsurge in spiritualism during and after the First World War with so many grieving parents, wives and girlfriends

My mum goes to one in falkirk, woman is scary good. Talks about my great grandads spirit sitting in the middle of my stairs as he loved the heat and my boiler was under the middle of the stairs but he complains it was like sauchiehall street (i have 3 brothers so thats believeable). Also speaks about my little brother tummy being sore (had an undiscovered 21.4lb cyst). She also records your sitting and you get a copy on cd. Still scares me how accurate her readings are. Would definitely recommend seeing her. Her names Irene and her shops called Psychic Thoughts.

Just remembered another one a friend told me about.

My friend was going to a 121 sitting.

He to the house and when he went in the first thing the spiritualist said was can you take the watch of and leave it outside the room, my friend asked her why and she said because the watch doesn't belong to you and I'd be giving you some information for the owner of the watch and not you.

That was true as the watch belonged to his boyfriend.

He said his reading was spot on but her knowing the watch wasn't his blew him away.

I go along to a spiritualist now and again to support a friend of mine who is a medium

In my teens I got into the Occult in a serious way and later studied Parapsychology.

A lot of the photographic evidence of ectoplasma on display at her church I have seen in the past and I know is 100% Photoshopped

I have been approached myself by mediums and spiritualists alike as I appear to have some gift myself handed down by Romany ancestors on my Mothers side.

About 20 years ago I switched to Buddhism and find solace in that. I no longer wish to look at or speak with the dead

I have experienced a number of weird phenomena and have given into mediums etc to do readings for me. I think only 2 came anywhere close to the mark. One of them saw a black empty hole, the other saw a naked woman bound and blindfolded but we won't go into that.

Believe what you want to believe in. Some make a good argument most are charlatans.

First sentence should have read "I go along to a spritualist church"

"I'm a spiritualist

I used to when I first started when I doubted what I was told but like everything it all takes practice. Now I can clear my mind and listen to what I have been told.

All the women and men that go on the platform at the church's have had training. It takes years to perfect the skill and they are all at different levels. So some will give you a lot of evidence some just a little. Sometimes all you need to hear is one thing and you know. Also these men and women aren't in it for fame or money they are doing it to help. They are human and suffer stage fright and nerves the same as any other person.

People are all different So some are easier to read than others. If you don't relax and open yourself up you will get nothing. I never had a message up until last year because I kept my myself closed off to it all. "

I feel their emotions...its too much to bare sometimes...especially the pain that's held on to....is there a way to NOT hold on to their pain...??

It feels like an immense weight of suicidal depression..its hard to get out from under it

By *ootlover456Man  over a year ago

Paisley

I believe in asencion. after death you become pure thought. with the ability to reincarnate and forget. or continue. this continues until you achieve enlightenment . you live and die and on death remember until you have amassed enough knowledge to move on to what comes next

"I'm a spiritualist

People are all different So some are easier to read than others. If you don't relax and open yourself up you will get nothing. I never had a message up until last year because I kept my myself closed off to it all.

I feel their emotions...its too much to bare sometimes...especially the pain that's held on to....is there a way to NOT hold on to their pain...??

It feels like an immense weight of suicidal depression..its hard to get out from under it "

I pm'd you x

Thanks Fab fem!

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

I don't believe any of it.

The James Randi Foundation offers a million dollar prize to anyone who can prove these sort of abilities. They work with the person who claims to have them to devise a test that both parties agree on that will prove them. So far people have either failed the challenges or ducked out of them. If someone truly did have these abilities and wasn't interested in financial gain they could still take the test and give the money away to charity if they succeed.

The challenge started in 1964 (with a lower prize) but not a single person has proven any sort of psychic or supernatural ability.

glasgow

i had a very dear friend she used to call i a load of s..t i proved to her one day how true it was she couldnt beleive it she passed over one sunday i wasnt going to go to my meeting was standing talking to a friend near where the spiritualist church was next minute i got one allmighty push from behind The person i was talking to said what the ahell happened there it was as if some one pushed u but theres no one there

glasgow

I told her i was thinking of goingto the Spiritualist chutch but had decided against it Next minute i got another big push Right im off to the church i said this woman who was a complete sceptic said i will come with u this should be a laught its a load of mince any way guess what happened My pal who didnt beleive in it came through and gave me a message and at the end she said through the medium she was sorry for pushing me but had to make sure i was there that night

I would like some guidance to where am going wrong,

By *eterjamesmcMan  over a year ago

glasgow

I would recommend you read the attack of the unsinkable rubber ducks by Christopher brookmyre

Ravens and Black Rain cannot remember the author

Fantastic read, thank you all ??

"I don't believe any of it.

The James Randi Foundation offers a million dollar prize to anyone who can prove these sort of abilities. They work with the person who claims to have them to devise a test that both parties agree on that will prove them. So far people have either failed the challenges or ducked out of them. If someone truly did have these abilities and wasn't interested in financial gain they could still take the test and give the money away to charity if they succeed.

The challenge started in 1964 (with a lower prize) but not a single person has proven any sort of psychic or supernatural ability."

James Randi has been DEBUNKED soo many times its not even funny anymore!

The challenge started in 1964 (with a lower prize) but not a single person has proven any sort of psychic or supernatural ability.

James Randi has been DEBUNKED soo many times its not even funny anymore! "

To be fair James Randi has never claimed to be any more than a magician and has "debunked" himself more often than not. That apart, the challenge still stands......

glasgow

James Randi has been DEBUNKED soo many times its not even funny anymore! "

If you mean the challenge then I'm all ears. Wouldn't mind reading some independent evidence of this.

glasgow

"

To be fair James Randi has never claimed to be any more than a magician and has "debunked" himself more often than not. That apart, the challenge still stands......"

Agreed. Derren Brown is pretty much the same. He can show off some incredible psychic abilities but admits that it is all down to cold reading etc.

» Add a new message to this topic