FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Warning signs?

Warning signs?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How many of us ignore warning signs?

Been ignoring appointments to goto hospital for too long as I didn't want to go Incase I got bad news, went to my doctor the other week only to be rushed to hospital with suspected heart attack

All the warning signs were there and I just kept ignoring and ignoring them

Anyway follow up appointment booked for next week and hopefully leave with peace of mind

Anyone else ignore warning signs or are you a hypercondriac and never out of doctors and hospital? lol

Geek

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"How many of us ignore warning signs?

Been ignoring appointments to goto hospital for too long as I didn't want to go Incase I got bad news, went to my doctor the other week only to be rushed to hospital with suspected heart attack

All the warning signs were there and I just kept ignoring and ignoring them

Anyway follow up appointment booked for next week and hopefully leave with peace of mind

Anyone else ignore warning signs or are you a hypercondriac and never out of doctors and hospital? lol

Geek "

my mind is always in overdrive when it comes to my health

Having had cancer twice now it makes you that way.

So I'd say if in doubt get it checked out xx

Good luck geek hope all turns out well for you xxx

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

Woah, glad you're ok Geek!

I tend to perhaps leave something for a little while to see if there's a change, but if not I get to the doc ASAP.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Youre a complete doughnt for ignoring what your body is telling you.

My husband did the same...... N he was 49 when he had a life changing stroke.

Think how your family would feel about it.

Youve had a luck on your side....this time

Hope you're okay Mr!

Yeah, I ignore warning signs all the time. I was a pretty sick kid and was never out the hospital, so I avoid the doctors until I really have to just in case.

Got to go next week tho

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I'm like you Geek

Had blinding headaches on and off for months. Finally went to the doc to be told it was high blood pressure. One tablet a day and I'm sorted now thank god.

Just do as you're told and I'm sure you'll be fine Geek

By *ckleticklesWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not me...Im no daft x

By *lue4youCouple  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Good Grief Man - get it sorted or I'll be round to sort you out

Yes been ignoring illness for years. Just too young to have this. Then after much scaring from Dr's 2 days in hospital and 4 weeks of actually taking the medication. I'm now less likely to disappear anytime soon.

I've been guilty of ignoring the warning signs in the past but have learnt from experience that the quicker you get checked the more they can do. Hope it all works out well

Im always ignoring aches and pains. Went to the docs on monday. I now need my knee replaced, i am suffering from stress and sleep deprivation. I won't be going back. Only tell you that you're for the scrap heap. On the plus side I'll be 30 next month lol

[Removed by poster at 19/11/14 12:50:44]

We never go to the doctor unless something is falling off and even then we'd try fixing it ourselves first!

But not the right way and obviously not clever!

Hope things are ok geek! Xx

Bloody hell Geek,

Take no chances with your health

Look after yourself

By *ee-YinWoman  over a year ago

nr bathgate

"Im always ignoring aches and pains. Went to the docs on monday. I now need my knee replaced, i am suffering from stress and sleep deprivation. I won't be going back. Only tell you that you're for the scrap heap. On the plus side I'll be 30 next month lol"

Emmmm think you really should be going back!!!!

I'm a freak I ask my doctor everything. Had a really tough time 5/6 years ago and he was always there and helped me through it. Not often you get a doctor like that now xx

Dentist today ..... I hate the dentist

I think there's a big part of all of us that likes to think if we ignore it it'll go away. I know I can be like that. The truth is its always better to see the doctor. Scary sometimes though.

By *ighlander34Man  over a year ago

skye

I had swollen gland on one side of neck, and another lump beside it. I put it down to having cold......but few weeks later, gland was still very swollen and rock solid. I eventually went to docs after couple of months, luckily it was an infection an not something more serious. In future I shall be straight to docs as there is history of cancer in my family!

"Im always ignoring aches and pains. Went to the docs on monday. I now need my knee replaced, i am suffering from stress and sleep deprivation. I won't be going back. Only tell you that you're for the scrap heap. On the plus side I'll be 30 next month lol

Emmmm think you really should be going back!!!!

I'm a freak I ask my doctor everything. Had a really tough time 5/6 years ago and he was always there and helped me through it. Not often you get a doctor like that now xx

Dentist today ..... I hate the dentist "

Now, there's a hatred I can share

"Good Grief Man - get it sorted or I'll be round to sort you out "

If this is MrsBlue then you know Id rather you came to sort me out, if it's Mr then I'm sorting it lol x

Geek

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

"Good Grief Man - get it sorted or I'll be round to sort you out

If this is MrsBlue then you know Id rather you came to sort me out, if it's Mr then I'm sorting it lol x

Geek "

Am sure both Blues can nurse you, see you at the bar mines a shandy.

Goodness Geek - hope you are going to be ok.

B here. I don't like the docs and therefore it was a great struggle to get me to go for all my appointments I've had to attend recently. Now I'm hopefully at the end of this lot of treatment I have another pain which I will have to go for. I am very seldom at the docs, but it seems over the past few months I've not been away.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

all the best

Geek geek geek. Your health should always come first. Its the fear of the unknown. Better to get treatment than let things get worse. Your health is your wealth. My health come number one always. Well done for going and start to get answers.xx

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

It's often difficult to know when to go to the doctors - usually turns out to be something trivial - so far I've been lucky with health I guess and no major scares.

Good health everyone

By *andG4moreCouple  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

[Removed by poster at 20/11/14 00:04:54]

By *andG4moreCouple  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

ffs mate hope your well but reading that just made me think of this old joke if you popped ur cloggs not that its likely to happen so a little fun.

A mortician was working late one night. It was his job to examine the dead bodies before they were sent off to be buried or cremated. As he examined the body of Mr. Geek, who was about to be cremated, he made an amazing discovery: Geek had the longest dick he had ever seen!

"I'm sorry Mr. Geek," said the mortician, "but I can't send you off to be cremated with a tremendously huge dick like this. It has to be saved for posterity."

and with that the coroner used his tools to remove the dead man's distinguishing member. The coroner stuffed his prize into a briefcase and took it home. The first person he showed was his wife.

"I have something to show you that you won't believe," he said, and opened his briefcase.

"Oh, my God!" she screamed, "Geek is dead!

lol laughters a good cure so hopefully all will be well with you mate.

I'm alive!!!!

Geek

I did the same ended up ill for 2 months ananda in and out of hospital I blame my dad he said paracetamol took care of everything

» Add a new message to this topic