FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > The National

The National

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exy Swing OP   Man  over a year ago

the sticks

"The National' - A new daily newspaper, that supports Independence, is set to hit the shops on Monday.

Produced and edited by Glasgow Herald the only main stream press to have seen sales rise dramatically after referendum.

50p and initial run of 50k

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I hope it's not as shiny as the Shite Paper. That was nae use attaw for wiping yer arse.

the sticks

"I hope it's not as shiny as the Shite Paper. That was nae use attaw for wiping yer arse."

Anythings gotta be better than the daily rangers

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

""The National' - A new daily newspaper, that supports Independence, is set to hit the shops on Monday.

Produced and edited by Glasgow Herald the only main stream press to have seen sales rise dramatically after referendum.

50p and initial run of 50k "

I will buy it if available and give it a chance, cannot be any worse than the Daily Record, Sun, Mirror, Daily Express etc

the sticks

""The National' - A new daily newspaper, that supports Independence, is set to hit the shops on Monday.

I will buy it if available and give it a chance, cannot be any worse than the Daily Record, Sun, Mirror, Daily Express etc

."

Here's a thought wonder if asda tesco etc will stock it lol

Not with a run of 50k they won't.

By *abrina59TV/TS  over a year ago

submissive land

Never buy a paper now a days all just lies from one side prospective or the other & from whsy you say this will be no different

It's edited by the Sunday Herald editor not the Herald. That would defeat the purpose!

Interested to see who advertises in it. Asda, RBS, Standard Life...

Labour in the recruitment section

B

the sticks

"It's edited by the Sunday Herald editor not the Herald. That would defeat the purpose!

Interested to see who advertises in it. Asda, RBS, Standard Life...

Labour in the recruitment section

B"

Splitting hair lol,

Well another labour shadow cabinet minister resigned before she was sacked yesterday for her white van england flags tweet, she might join the rest in the seeking new job section

Glasgow

50p and initial run of 50k "

45p would have been more appropriate and a reminder to the losers.

I note there's only money to support this for 5 days.

the sticks

I note there's only money to support this for 5 days."

Lol funny how its the winning side who are fucked ?

Anyhoo its a Trial obviously there not make it if no one buys doh

Glasgow

Will the trial need corroboration or has that been dumped along with Kenny MacAskilljoy's career?

the sticks

"Will the trial need corroboration or has that been dumped along with Kenny MacAskilljoy's career?"

Like any government reshuffles take place its nothing new.

Meanwhile...

In an attempt to boost poll ratings, Scottish Labour have invited Bill Cosby to stand in its leadership contest.

I would say deferred success.

Glasgow

"Will the trial need corroboration or has that been dumped along with Kenny MacAskilljoy's career?

Meanwhile...

In an attempt to boost poll ratings, Scottish Labour have invited Bill Cosby to stand in its leadership contest. "

I'm surprised you find accusations of sexual abuse to be a subject for humour.

"Will the trial need corroboration or has that been dumped along with Kenny MacAskilljoy's career?

Meanwhile...

In an attempt to boost poll ratings, Scottish Labour have invited Bill Cosby to stand in its leadership contest.

I'm surprised you find accusations of sexual abuse to be a subject for humour."

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty ?

Cosby never killed anyone unlike blair and murphy

This is proving to be a roaring success.

Enjoyed the clutha article and will get even better.

Yesterdays losers, tomorrows winners; so don't be so smug matie

Glasgow

I believe The National is known as McPravda around Gordon Lamb House.

"I believe The National is known as McPravda around Gordon Lamb House."

Even though the red Tories have admitted that 'the vow' was a total fabrication by the daily record that they were forced to agree with!

Tescp are selling the national!

Glasgow

"I believe The National is known as McPravda around Gordon Lamb House.

Even though the red Tories have admitted that 'the vow' was a total fabrication by the daily record that they were forced to agree with!

Tescp are selling the national!"

'Forced' to agree with?????

lololololololol.

Press complaints commission are investigating the record over both the vow and the wow as nothing more than fabricated lies from a labour mouthpiece rag

Glasgow

"Press complaints commission are investigating the record over both the vow and the wow as nothing more than fabricated lies from a labour mouthpiece rag "

"This is a classic case of misdirection and misrepresentation by a blogger from Bath.

Fact: The three party leaders negotiated and agreed the words used in The Vow.

Fact: All three agreed to put their signatures to The Vow.

Fact: It was first published in the Daily Record, Scotland's most influential newspaper, and then followed up by every news outlet in the country.

To suggest that the lack of an official "document" is in any way significant or that it reduces Cameron, Miliband and Clegg's commitment to The Vow is wrong.

The SNP and Greens currently sit side by side with representatives of the three leaders in the Smith Commission actively negotiating new powers for Scotland - just like it said in The Vow.

Murray Foote,

Editor,

Daily Record

28 October"

"Press complaints commission are investigating the record over both the vow and the wow as nothing more than fabricated lies from a labour mouthpiece rag

"This is a classic case of misdirection and misrepresentation by a blogger from Bath.

Fact: It was first published in the Daily Record, Scotland's most influential newspaper, and then followed up by every news outlet in the country.

To suggest that the lack of an official "document" is in any way significant or that it reduces Cameron, Miliband and Clegg's commitment to The Vow is wrong.

The SNP and Greens currently sit side by side with representatives of the three leaders in the Smith Commission actively negotiating new powers for Scotland - just like it said in The Vow.

Murray Foote,

Editor,

Daily Record

28 October""

i nearly fell off my chair reading that, no paper or electronic trail so all this was agreed word of mouth then ?

Glasgow

"Press complaints commission are investigating the record over both the vow and the wow as nothing more than fabricated lies from a labour mouthpiece rag

Murray Foote,

Editor,

Daily Record

28 October"

i nearly fell off my chair reading that, no paper or electronic trail so all this was agreed word of mouth then ? "

Would you believe a piece of paper if presented with it?

Murray Foote,

Editor,

Daily Record

28 October"

i nearly fell off my chair reading that, no paper or electronic trail so all this was agreed word of mouth then ?

Would you believe a piece of paper if presented with it?"

Not if it was written in the loyalist come unionist record.

Murray Foote,

Editor,

Daily Record

28 October""

you really are scraping the barrel trying to defend this so called vow ,nothing was siqned by anyone it was made up by an editor at the record to help the unionists get a no vote

"you really are scraping the barrel trying to defend this so called vow ,nothing was siqned by anyone it was made up by an editor at the record to help the unionists get a no vote"

Aka labours mouthpiece in Scotland

Glasgow

Newspapers take sides. The National has taken a side. It's nothing new.

"Newspapers take sides. The National has taken a side. It's nothing new."

The national is new and staying. Oh to be a fly in the record office this week lol

By *yrshiremischiefMan  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

"Newspapers take sides. The National has taken a side. It's nothing new.

The national is new and staying. Oh to be a fly in the record office this week lol "

There will be plenty of flies in the Record office - they're attracted to ...

Onny as usual you are making up lies and stating them as fact to fit your argument! Millibands own office, yes the master that you prostate yourself to, stated in an official email that the daily record editor himself devised and published the email BEFORE Milliband had seen it, ok just let me repeat that! Your masters office announced the daily records editor wrote and published the vow without Millibands knowledge and consent! Labour were then backed into a corner where they HAD to agree to the content, even though most red Tory mp's were against giving any meaningful new powers. Now everything I have just wrote has come from Labour head office. But I'm sure you won't be able to accept these facts and will try and turn round your masters words.

Glasgow

I resent being called a liar.

"I resent being called a liar. "

Well stop lying! You said that three party leaders, meaning MILLIBAND, Cameron and Clegg negotiated the vow when Millliband has already PUBLICLY stated that the vow was made and printed by the editor of the record BEFORE consulting him! You keep perpetrating the lie that the three leaders wrote the vow before hand and therefor you are a confirmed liar!

Glasgow

"I resent being called a liar.

Well stop lying! You said that three party leaders, meaning MILLIBAND, Cameron and Clegg negotiated the vow when Millliband has already PUBLICLY stated that the vow was made and printed by the editor of the record BEFORE consulting him! You keep perpetrating the lie that the three leaders wrote the vow before hand and therefor you are a confirmed liar! "

You are factually wrong.

Well stop lying! You said that three party leaders, meaning MILLIBAND, Cameron and Clegg negotiated the vow when Millliband has already PUBLICLY stated that the vow was made and printed by the editor of the record BEFORE consulting him! You keep perpetrating the lie that the three leaders wrote the vow before hand and therefor you are a confirmed liar!

Onny "oh no, my glorious leader has admitted the vow was a fabrication, what can I do? Ahhh brain over heating, it's fact! He has even admitted it publicly! Arrgghhh _nny's brain hurts! What can i do? Onny know, Onny just ignore glorious leader said that! But it's been proven and printed by glorious leader! No, no Onny just deny it...Hah, Onny's brain not hurt so much now, Onny will just say you are factually wrong haha that will confuse them...phew Onny got away with that one"

You are factually wrong."

Glasgow

The only people who believe that are WOS readers. Mind you, they'll believe anything.

Miliband HASN'T said the Record printed anything before consulting him.

Glasgow

PS. Brent Crude now $70.45, its lowest since July 2010.

That's fucked Eckonomics good style.

"PS. Brent Crude now $70.45, its lowest since July 2010.

That's fucked Eckonomics good style."

Talking economics, like the minimum wage and tax being rescinded by westminster. Only devolved tax powers as floated by brown et al would have seen Scotland progress to a proper living wage but alas that out window now courtesy of westminster.

Glasgow

Scotland can have a Living Wage by clever use of tax banding (to be devolved) and the tax threshold (reserved).

All it needs is cooperation.

By *yrshiremischiefMan  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

"Scotland can have a Living Wage by clever use of tax banding (to be devolved) and the tax threshold (reserved).

All it needs is cooperation."

So, workers in Scotland can earn a living wage - as advocated by the Scottish Government, but only if Westminster agrees to it?

Far be it from me to misrepresent someone - so do correct me if I've misunderstood what you've written.

As to co-operation- some might see this as deference at best and subjugation at worst.

Me - self employed and doing okay - as are my colleagues / employees - none of whom require working tax credits to pay their bills - and I'm not being patronising - the state doesn't subsidise them, and neither do I. We work hard and we pay our way in the world - Pay people a living wage -it isn't the moral high ground - it is the least we should be looking to do.

Since snp have had powers to raise income tax plus.or.minus 3p of Westminsters set limit...i just wonder why they have not...both sides of this what should be a dead argument lied...to the voters.

"I resent being called a liar. "

DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTH THEN

By *cotsbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

"Since snp have had powers to raise income tax plus.or.minus 3p of Westminsters set limit...i just wonder why they have not...both sides of this what should be a dead argument lied...to the voters. "

Probably because under the existing (and the new Smith Commission proposals), any extra money raised by the Scottish Government by increasing income tax in Scotland would be offset b an equivalent removal of the block grant - in other words, scottish government raises £100 million from extra income tax, block grant decreases by £100 million - So ScotGovt has no extra money, and the people pay extra taxes.

I've yet to hear any valid defence of that fact from anyone. Not holding my breath either.

That's fucked Eckonomics good style."

SHITE:

Remember 1999 / 2000

Brent Crude was then down at $12 a barrel, platforms were still running as it cost between $2 - $4 a barrel to produce and when you are kicking out 30,000 and upto 200,000 barrels a day, that is a huge profit which the UK Government takes the majority of cash from.

It is the hefty taxation of Westminster that is causing a cut back in Exploration in North Sea & West of Shetland.

SHITE:

Remember 1999 / 2000

Brent Crude was then down at $12 a barrel, platforms were still running as it cost between $2 - $4 a barrel to produce and when you are kicking out 30,000 and upto 200,000 barrels a day, that is a huge profit which the UK Government takes the majority of cash from.

It is the hefty taxation of Westminster that is causing a cut back in Exploration in North Sea & West of Shetland."

And lets not forget the US dictate to Saudis etc and given that their trying to oust shale by playing a long game here.

By *i_garyMan  over a year ago

glasgow

SHITE:

Remember 1999 / 2000

It is the hefty taxation of Westminster that is causing a cut back in Exploration in North Sea & West of Shetland."

Have you seen the actual figures for the oil income for this year? £1.1 billion for the first 6 months and likely to be less for the remaining 6 months given the dramatic fall in oil prices. The income is actually going to be a good bit less than the predictions from the OBR and substantially less than the fantasy figures given by the SNP.

By *addie bunnetMan  over a year ago

glasgow

dont know why yous keep going on about all this face facts your a nation of sheep like people the only good thing that came out of this was labour showing that there not the party of the working man

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"dont know why yous keep going on about all this face facts your a nation of sheep like people the only good thing that came out of this was labour showing that there not the party of the working man "
sheep like people ? You would surely thing with the massive devide in opinion we are far from sheep I may not agree with alot of what others say but they do believe and voice that belief so no simalarity to sheep for me

"Since snp have had powers to raise income tax plus.or.minus 3p of Westminsters set limit...i just wonder why they have not...both sides of this what should be a dead argument lied...to the voters.

Probably because under the existing (and the new Smith Commission proposals), any extra money raised by the Scottish Government by increasing income tax in Scotland would be offset b an equivalent removal of the block grant - in other words, scottish government raises £100 million from extra income tax, block grant decreases by £100 million - So ScotGovt has no extra money, and the people pay extra taxes.

I've yet to hear any valid defence of that fact from anyone. Not holding my breath either."

Correct!

Ian woods, knighted by the Tory government, was asked to produce a report on oile left to be extracted. In December 2013 he published his report saying 25 billion barrels, 1 billion more than the Scottish government had said. The week before the referendum he said that his original figures were completely wrong and there was less than half that. The week after that the uk government announced the start of production on clare73 the largest oil reserve ever in Europe and there was over 100 years of oil left. Oh yes and that Ian woods had been given the contract for fracking in Scotland! Now no person in their right mind, which means only Onny, can say that the Scottish electorate weren't lied to! Ok Onny on you go, deny your own governments lies!

Ian Wood does not own a Oil & Gas exploration and development company

Ian Wood as in Woodgroup simply provides Manpower and has a sub division with rolls Royce aircraft engines for offshore supply

Ian Wood may be knowledgeable but took take all he says as fact.

"You would surely thing with the massive devide in opinion we are far from sheep I may not agree with alot of what others say but they do believe and voice that belief so no simalarity to sheep for me "

Fucking hell kudos

By *i_garyMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"

Correct!

Ian woods, knighted by the Tory government, was asked to produce a report on oile left to be extracted. In December 2013 he published his report saying 25 billion barrels, 1 billion more than the Scottish government had said. The week before the referendum he said that his original figures were completely wrong and there was less than half that. The week after that the uk government announced the start of production on clare73 the largest oil reserve ever in Europe and there was over 100 years of oil left. Oh yes and that Ian woods had been given the contract for fracking in Scotland! Now no person in their right mind, which means only Onny, can say that the Scottish electorate weren't lied to! Ok Onny on you go, deny your own governments lies!"

Oil can only be extracted while it is economically viable. People keep mentioning Clare73 as though it will bring an oil boom but it won't as other fields are being closed at the same time (two platforms closed down last month). Oil and gas production has fallen every single year since 1999. It is now less than 1/3 of what it was then.

We need to accept that the peak days have long gone unfortunately and plan for a future where income from gas/oil is going to be substantially less than it was. I'd be surprised if we even bring in £2 billion this year. I voted no in the referendum, mainly because the finances were so far out, but I'd love us to be be looking at a future where we bring in substantial revenues from North sea oil and gas. Unfortunately it's not to be and we need to accept that.

Glasgow

DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTH THEN "

You're sounding like Goebbels. Saying something repeatedly and then SHOUTING it don't make it true, even in Brigadoon.

DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTH THEN

You're sounding like Goebbels. Saying something repeatedly and then SHOUTING it don't make it true, even in Brigadoon."

Sunday Herald the nationals big sis has Revealed the Powers the unionist scrapped.

Leaked draft shows smith report rewritten at 11th hour.

Beefed up defo package shredded.

Scotland was to get more Control over the BBC.

Luckily there are 32 pro union main stream media who will probably carry some shit about black friday or paddington bear.

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

What's a defo package?

"What's a defo package?"

Nee naw spelling police in, wee screen big fingers

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"What's a defo package?

Nee naw spelling police in, wee screen big fingers "

Why so rude? It was a simple question

"What's a defo package?

Why so rude? It was a simple question"

Answered with a simple explanation i thought.

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

"What's a defo package?

Why so rude? It was a simple question"

I think she means fat fingers mis-typed.

"What's a defo package?

Why so rude? It was a simple question

I think she means fat fingers mis-typed."

I never argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

MT

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

I was agreeing with your previous post

"I was agreeing with your previous post "

I need to hit sack night night

Like most news papers, soon to be found lining the bottom of bird cages and cat litter trays.

» Add a new message to this topic