Yeah just heard it on the news

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

oh dearie me

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I spoke with a professor of medicine about 5 months ago who said EBOLA will spread worldwide very quickly; scary as fuk let's all just have a Fab time we only have one shot in life!

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

The person is a health worker who has just returned from Africa, they are being treated in quarantine.

good luck to them for a speedy recovery

Awful thought for sure

wonder who else was on the B.A. flight from Heathrow yesterday?

I'm stocking alcohol and shortbread for Hogmanay lockdown

A few unlucky fuckers, all will need checked!

By *andG4moreCouple  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

This is terrible and I wish the nurse a speedy recovery.

Do you not agree that those health workers should spend 2 weeks away from the frontline in West Africa before returning on a commercial flight back home.

This gives the healthworker some down time and also hopefuly stop any chance of returning home to find they had caught it as it would show itself before hand.

"This is terrible and I wish the nurse a speedy recovery.

Do you not agree that those health workers should spend 2 weeks away from the frontline in West Africa before returning on a commercial flight back home.

This gives the healthworker some down time and also hopefuly stop any chance of returning home to find they had caught it as it would show itself before hand.

"

Agreed! Some sort of quarantine should be imposed x

Ebola is fake. The higher ups just like having control over the people with the impending doom that is going to happen but never does.

"Ebola is fake. The higher ups just like having control over the people with the impending doom that is going to happen but never does."
seriously

"Ebola is fake. The higher ups just like having control over the people with the impending doom that is going to happen but never does."

Tell that to the thousands of people have been diagnosed with it.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

the conspracy theorists never cease to amaze me

Personally I hope the girl who at this momentmust be really scared makes a full and speedy recovery.

And for someone to say its fake well that's just beyond belief.

That's has to be the worse thread I have ever seen on here.

"

That's has to be the worse thread I have ever seen on here.

"

There's been a lot worse.

Check out that waste of air Katie Hopkins Twitter post on the subject

"Check out that waste of air Katie Hopkins Twitter post on the subject"

Saw it earlier, surely her comments constitute "trolling"

Kinky

Each to their own. Can't be arsed with seeing people on social media getting all panicked about it. Getting of all these things for 2015, the garbage on them is unreal.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

The nurse is in isolation in the same unit in London that treated the guy earlier in the year who made a full recovery. With the right facilities and intensive treatment, Ebola can be beaten and cured.

I just hope she makes a full and speedy recovery just as he did

"The nurse is in isolation in the same unit in London that treated the guy earlier in the year who made a full recovery. With the right facilities and intensive treatment, Ebola can be beaten and cured.

I just hope she makes a full and speedy recovery just as he did "

"Each to their own. Can't be arsed with seeing people on social media getting all panicked about it. Getting of all these things for 2015, the garbage on them is unreal."

One thing to be annoyed by the coverage but to call it "fake" is something different.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"The nurse is in isolation in the same unit in London that treated the guy earlier in the year who made a full recovery. With the right facilities and intensive treatment, Ebola can be beaten and cured.

I just hope she makes a full and speedy recovery just as he did "

a brave & selfless woman

By *yrshiremischiefMan  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

Don't know where to go with this - someone suggested looking at Katie Hopkins' post - Don't think she's my go to girl for world affairs / humanity!(My thinking is that the person who suggested this is someone I'd rather be likened to.) I'm humbled by the selflessness of someone who gave her time, energy and love to people she doesn't know.

Listened earlier to a Dr. who was there and who highlighted inconsistencies in their public contact on return - they can travel home on public transport but are told not to use it for subsequent 3 weeks - makes no sense. Some people suggesting quarantine - if need be? But let's make it a quarantine fit for heroes - Let's look after them and make them feel like heroes and not Lepers.

I know my thanks go out to all the people with the skills / humanity that I lack.

Who is Katie Hopkins anyway but a failed contestant on a TV show who is now trying her best to make a living out of being vile and who badly needs the oxygen of publicity well and truly removed from her. I wouldn't seek her opinion on any topic...even cat litter!!!! Growl.....

By *yrshiremischiefMan  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

"Who is Katie Hopkins anyway but a failed contestant on a TV show who is now trying her best to make a living out of being vile and who badly needs the oxygen of publicity well and truly removed from her. I wouldn't seek her opinion on any topic...even cat litter!!!! Growl..... "

Given that Cat litter has a point - and she doesn't - I agree. Given that Cat litter is about stopping the smell of shit - and she creates it - I agree. Give that I've had three glasses of wine - probably best that I don't type what I'm thinking!...

By *andG4moreCouple  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

"Don't know where to go with this - someone suggested looking at Katie Hopkins' post - Don't think she's my go to girl for world affairs / humanity!(My thinking is that the person who suggested this is someone I'd rather be likened to.) I'm humbled by the selflessness of someone who gave her time, energy and love to people she doesn't know.

Listened earlier to a Dr. who was there and who highlighted inconsistencies in their public contact on return - they can travel home on public transport but are told not to use it for subsequent 3 weeks - makes no sense. Some people suggesting quarantine - if need be? But let's make it a quarantine fit for heroes - Let's look after them and make them feel like heroes and not Lepers.

I know my thanks go out to all the people with the skills / humanity that I lack. "

So well put. I believe every one of the people that volunteer to help others during these terrible times are heroes. my suggestion of 2 weeks down time should be in a place fitting for someone that had risked so much for others.

I wonder what ms hopkins would have to say if the nurse concerned passed away from this infection? She was no girl guide for sure as she does not know how to help other people.

I wish the nurse all the best and hope she is returned to a heroes welcome when she gets home.

» Add a new message to this topic