FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Should I make the move to Edinburgh/Musselburgh?!?

Should I make the move to Edinburgh/Musselburgh?!?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

SO I was thinking of moving. Maybe Edinburgh/Musselburgh/Tranent as the Borders is simply boring and been here for 4+ years.

Any hints/tips about the area? Thought would ask you lovely folks, means I can have more meets hopefully too :P xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Borders is nicer round here is complete shite too expensive full off junkies alkies and wannabe warriors

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Really I heard it can be quite nice? Reckon there is a lot more going on Edinburgh than down here lol xx

Dont get me wrong edinburgh is nice but housing is a joke private renting is way expensive traffic is horrendous and too do stuff costs money lol

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"SO I was thinking of moving. Maybe Edinburgh/Musselburgh/Tranent as the Borders is simply boring and been here for 4+ years.

Any hints/tips about the area? Thought would ask you lovely folks, means I can have more meets hopefully too :P xx"

Hi R, I am West Edinburgh. I have chosen my area because of my hobbies, my work and the driving distance to Edinburgh centre etc...

So it depends on what you like to do, if you drive, planning on renting or buy etc...

Tranent is not for me. I like Musselburgh but I would not live there.

You are welcome to PM me if you wanna chat further

"Dont get me wrong edinburgh is nice but housing is a joke private renting is way expensive traffic is horrendous and too do stuff costs money lol"

Ditto above. East Lothian is lovely - plenty of good access to Edinburgh. All the beauty of living in towns/country whilst living on the east coast. Plenty new houses being built in all areas, or houses already on market if buying. Council houses difficult to access much the same as anywhere else but, exchanges pretty good turnover (there are exchange FB pages too). We have a fairer repair system compared to other council areas if council housing is an option. Schools/amenities good too. Good areas and bad areas the same as anywhere else but overall, having been born and raised Edinburgh, I don't think I could go back there to live.

All the best in your decision making.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Musselburgh has a good ice cream shop.

By *ew guy69Man  over a year ago

Hamilton

Forget all those places move to hamilton xxx

I'm south of Edinburgh in Midlothian. Some parts lovely some not. However pretty handy for most places

For me East Lothian only becomes habitable from Haddington onwards. Edinburgh has its good and bad parts, what is it you are looking for? Feel free to pm

For advice xx

"SO I was thinking of moving. Maybe Edinburgh/Musselburgh/Tranent as the Borders is simply boring and been here for 4+ years.

Any hints/tips about the area? Thought would ask you lovely folks, means I can have more meets hopefully too :P xx"

I lived in Duns for many years and loved it. If you are self employed it is easy to make a living. Just turn up on time and do an average job. That will keep a roof over your head.

The Borders are so laid back its almost comatose but i love it and our next move may well be back to the Borders if we cant find the right place up north

» Add a new message to this topic