FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Sending a Message

Sending a Message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ripleXrateD OP   Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Hi, I am very new to this world and was wondering what makes a good first message? I've sent a few "hiya fancy a chat" then it dawned on me it's a pretty crap way to meet people as unless I wanted a chat I probably wouldn't reply to a message like that. Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I generally pick up on something from their profile and send a message based on that. I wouldn't bother opening a message that said 'hi fancy a chat' cause you can read that without opening the message. Imagination and humour go a long way for me but I do generally look myself when I'm interested in meeting someone. It's very rare that someone will message me and I'm interested.

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Each to their own...some people will respond to anything. Others wont...

Ayrshire

Thanks dirty girl. I'm so bad at this lol I really sit for ages trying to think of something to say but my mind just blanks. I've never really been good at speaking to people I don't know lol

Edinburgh

"Thanks dirty girl. I'm so bad at this lol I really sit for ages trying to think of something to say but my mind just blanks. I've never really been good at speaking to people I don't know lol"

I'd be inclined to join in posting in the forums and that way you can pick up on humour and interests from people in your area. It makes it easier to approach people once you've shared a little banter.

It works differently for lots of people, you just need to find what you're comfortable with. There are lots of friendly souls here and I'm sure you'll have no problem finding people to chatter to.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Thanks dirty girl. I'm so bad at this lol I really sit for ages trying to think of something to say but my mind just blanks. I've never really been good at speaking to people I don't know lol

I'd be inclined to join in posting in the forums and that way you can pick up on humour and interests from people in your area. It makes it easier to approach people once you've shared a little banter.

It works differently for lots of people, you just need to find what you're comfortable with. There are lots of friendly souls here and I'm sure you'll have no problem finding people to chatter to. "

Good advice

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi, I am very new to this world and was wondering what makes a good first message? I've sent a few "hiya fancy a chat" then it dawned on me it's a pretty crap way to meet people as unless I wanted a chat I probably wouldn't reply to a message like that. Xx"

Unblock single guys lol

Ayrshire

In my experience it's easy to work out from single guys messages why there single lol

By *cotsteveMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

We're not all knuckle dragging idiots

Ayrshire

No your Deffo not. Just around 90% of the ones that messaged me. I swear I received hundreds from guys that very clearly didn't take the time to read my profile.

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

Sometimes it's like being messaged by Beavis and Butthead

By *ab femWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Comment on whatever made you notice that profile in the first place.

It doesn't need to be a long winded message. If they are interested in chatting they will reply from a 'Hi' message.

Generally I think it's guys who have to send messages that have more effort than 'hi' to attract the attention of a Cpl/female. yes it's nice to receive a message which has effort put into it, but realistically a single female can put 'hi,do you fancy chatting' and they will get a response

Ayrshire

It's females I'm messaging though xx

Thanks for all you reply very much appreciated xx

By *ab femWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"It's females I'm messaging though xx

Thanks for all you reply very much appreciated xx"

I'm away to cry. I haven't had a message

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Your female say what ya like most will hang on every word

Ayrshire

Not other females that have heard it all before but from men..

I've tired many, many ways. From massive texts containing proof I've read their profiles to simple quick one liners. Nothing works for me but maybe I'm just shocking at this! Can't give up tho!

Ayrshire

You'll get someone one day xx

I think it must be a lot harder for guys. I literally got hundreds of messages in just a few days that I gave up reading and blocking all obvious Pricks.

"You'll get someone one day xx

I think it must be a lot harder for guys. I literally got hundreds of messages in just a few days that I gave up reading and blocking all obvious Pricks. "

Hopefully it a lot harder for guys cause I've had 2 replies and then they went silent! X

Falkirk

Just do what I do - become a pirate and offer to share cake

Ayrshire

Does that work lol

"Generally I think it's guys who have to send messages that have more effort than 'hi' to attract the attention of a Cpl/female. yes it's nice to receive a message which has effort put into it, but realistically a single female can put 'hi,do you fancy chatting' and they will get a response "

Spot on. Dont think a single female mailing a guy needs that many words though.

Edinburgh

"Generally I think it's guys who have to send messages that have more effort than 'hi' to attract the attention of a Cpl/female. yes it's nice to receive a message which has effort put into it, but realistically a single female can put 'hi,do you fancy chatting' and they will get a response "

From a bloke perhaps.

If I got that I'd assume it was a single bloke in a girls profile.

[Removed by poster at 21/10/15 18:52:42]

"Generally I think it's guys who have to send messages that have more effort than 'hi' to attract the attention of a Cpl/female. yes it's nice to receive a message which has effort put into it, but realistically a single female can put 'hi,do you fancy chatting' and they will get a response

From a bloke perhaps.

If I got that I'd assume it was a single bloke in a girls profile. "

You can tell when it's a guy pretending to be a female/couple when after 3 messages it turns to sex talk

Edinburgh

Good point, well presented!

Falkirk

"Does that work lol"

More often than you'd think

We find a detailed rant in broken English about what we'd like to do to the girl / female half of a couple goes down really well. Especially if we pretend the male half doesn't exist.

Mr Jigsaw

» Add a new message to this topic