FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > happy st Andrews day

happy st Andrews day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What makes you proud of Scotland and being Scottish

For me think we are a friendly nation. Chat away to people.

We say thanks to bus drivers. Shop workers

We rally around in times of disasters

We are one of the most generous to charitys.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nothing anymore, used to be proud to be Scottish but lately it's not a thing anymore.

Especially since 55% of Scotland want to be English "British"

Calm down just a joke slowly climb down from your not so high horse & take a deep breath

Although was just a dab of truth in there lol

By *ortland51Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Great question.

I am immensely proud to be both Scottish and British. Yesterday at the Davis Cup was a perfect example of the combined good our nations can achieve, albeit in a sporting sense.

There's a charisma and honest I like about being Scottish that I have rarely seen in the other nationalities I have met and had dealing with. We're straight-shooters and have a wonderful ability to laugh, share, problem solve and many, many other great qualities that are too long to list.

We also make the best chips in the world. For that alone, we deserve to be top of the league!

By *ab femWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I love the fact that our Scottish national animal is the unicorn how cool are we

I'm very proud to be Scottish. We're one of a kind. Who else is blue in the winter and pink in the summer

We aren't a bad bunch.

I like my accent. It certainly opened a few doors for me when I worked in Surrey.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Prity poor so many talk about st Patricks. Get celebrated over here. Yet hardly hear anything about our own st. Ps our female st is st Margaret.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

"Prity poor so many talk about st Patricks. Get celebrated over here. Yet hardly hear anything about our own st. Ps our female st is st Margaret."

Annoys the sh*t out of me ..how many "Scots" celebrate St Pats but not our own St Andy

"Prity poor so many talk about st Patricks. Get celebrated over here. Yet hardly hear anything about our own st. Ps our female st is st Margaret."
You are right MsCrumpet re the amount of Festivals now on here in Scotland for Paddys Day but as a guy running a company who works at many of them can I just say that they have been set up by forming a local committee of mainly Ex-Irish Pats to arrange..... There doesn't seem the same desire amongst Scots here to do same for St Andrews Day although there are many events on in countries across the world organised by Ex-Scots Pats.....

I also think the time of year for St Andrews Day doesn't help to have events as so near to Christmas & also usually freezing....

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Prity poor so many talk about st Patricks. Get celebrated over here. Yet hardly hear anything about our own st. Ps our female st is st Margaret.

Annoys the sh*t out of me ..how many "Scots" celebrate St Pats but not our own St Andy "

I offered to organise a st Andrews social a few years ago but wasn't much interest in it sadly.

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

"

Annoys the sh*t out of me ..how many "Scots" celebrate St Pats but not our own St Andy I offered to organise a st Andrews social a few years ago but wasn't much interest in it sadly. "

How about a Burns night theme x

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"

Annoys the sh*t out of me ..how many "Scots" celebrate St Pats but not our own St Andy I offered to organise a st Andrews social a few years ago but wasn't much interest in it sadly.

How about a Burns night theme x"

lol

"

Annoys the sh*t out of me ..how many "Scots" celebrate St Pats but not our own St Andy I offered to organise a st Andrews social a few years ago but wasn't much interest in it sadly.

How about a Burns night theme xlol "

Oh men in kilts ...

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

hmmmmm what makes me proud of the Scots

Well...There's a real sense of fairness and justice in us that in today's world just out shines out for me

If anyone really needs help it's never far away and a friendly face is always just a bar away, lol

By *gowbhoy4funMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Square sausages make me so proud of being scottish lol.. ..esp wen doubled up wae tottie scone on a roll

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

"Square sausages make me so proud of being scottish lol.. ..esp wen doubled up wae tottie scone on a roll

"

I'm sure there's room for a bit of black pudding on there too,

Immensely proud to be Scottish I believe we've shaped the modern world in a positive way. I just don't think we should celebrate a greek idol. Lets make a Scottish saint out patron (there is only one). St Patrick is one of Englands few saints but is celebrated in Ireland.

» Add a new message to this topic