FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > What would you do...

What would you do...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

...if you were living in Scotland but you didn't find the accent sexual at all? Moving to England would be possible but impractical and would take a good couple of years to get a place and get settled with a job and flat etc...

I don't mean to be offensive or dis-respectful to any Scottish women as it's just my preference (or lack of..) but no matter how hard I try I just can't link the Scottish accent with sex. I find either too butch/masculine or for women with the softer accent I still get a vibe of sternness or hardness. Even if she is drop dead gorgeous as soon as I hear the accent it's like my brain literally changes my interpretation of her physically and goes into a non-sexual mode.

Would you stay and run the risk of permanent singledom or would you move to another country even though that would be a big upheaval and take a couple of years to get settled properly?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

My accent actually opened a lot of doors for me when I lived in Surrey.

We all like what we like..However moving seems a bit extreme!

By *ab femWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Invest in a ball gag

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Invest in a ball gag "

Haha! I almost peed!

K x

"My accent actually opened a lot of doors for me when I lived in Surrey.

"

I do have a couple other reasons for maybe moving but staying here and being single forever would seem extreme too...

Yes, different strokes for different folks lol.

It wouldn't be an issue if Scotland had more foreign people but here in Ayrshire at least it's pretty much just Scottish peeps...

Ayrshire

"Invest in a ball gag

Haha! I almost peed!

K x"

Hope you've got your tenna ladies on

Ayrshire

I do have a couple other reasons for maybe moving but staying here and being single forever would seem extreme too...

It wouldn't be an issue if Scotland had more foreign people but here in Ayrshire at least it's pretty much just Scottish peeps..."

Move to Plockton. It's full of English people in

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's a new one for the profile If you have a Scottish accent do not contact me

Move to the East Coast, especially near an ex RAF base - quite a few of us around here that don't have a Scottish accent lol

"That's a new one for the profile If you have a Scottish accent do not contact me "

Lol No-one contacts me anyway..except men for some reason..

"That's a new one for the profile If you have a Scottish accent do not contact me

Lol No-one contacts me anyway..except men for some reason.. "

Just block them

Wait a minute wait a minute, are you Scottish? Because if you are and your moaning about the accent...ain't yours the same? I mean if your not Scottish then mabye fair enough, but to say you hate every Scottish woman's accent is pish. There are so many different scottish accents, women can be very softly spoken all the way up to the rough sounding voices.

I may be alone in this but mate, seriously, behave yourself.

"Wait a minute wait a minute, are you Scottish? Because if you are and your moaning about the accent...ain't yours the same? I mean if your not Scottish then mabye fair enough, but to say you hate every Scottish woman's accent is pish. There are so many different scottish accents, women can be very softly spoken all the way up to the rough sounding voices.

I may be alone in this but mate, seriously, behave yourself."

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

I think it's rather sad that you're boiling every person down to what accent they have. People are more than just their voice.

I don't think moving will help as you'll just find something off putting about the women there. I think you have a larger problem than that.

(ANNNAWWWWW CHEEEKKKYYY BAAASTTAAARDD) in a deep accent

No Scottish accent here, I win

"No Scottish accent here, I win "
and he is young too

"No Scottish accent here, I win and he is young too "

28, young? Do you not know me?!

"Wait a minute wait a minute, are you Scottish? Because if you are and your moaning about the accent...ain't yours the same? I mean if your not Scottish then mabye fair enough, but to say you hate every Scottish woman's accent is pish. There are so many different scottish accents, women can be very softly spoken all the way up to the rough sounding voices.

I may be alone in this but mate, seriously, behave yourself.

"

good advice above

and many do not speak with a specific Dialect at all, many speak with what is referred to as "Bastard English" where they have travelled or mixed with many different dialect's and due to that they have a soft well manor'd voice which is pleasing on the ear

Some Scottish dialects can be no better or no worse than many English ones, many consider Newcastle/Geordie accents and Liverpool accents to be bad, but if you work with and get along with all people you can learn to tone down your accent.

But for yourself, I do agree you should move away, why not try Kathmandu

Try Alaska plenty of single worn around Anchorage area

Further away from Scotland and shite accent

Only nasal American soccer moms with military men away from home for 12 months at a time

Surely you can get a meet there

I may be alone in this but mate, seriously, behave yourself."

You've taken this the wrong way. I wasn't 'moaning'. I said I mean no offence and acknowledge that others like the accent. It's a personal preference and nothing wrong with that.

Yes I'm Scottish. There are variations of the accent but I'm not attracted to any of them. I find some too masculine and others to stern. There's nothing wrong with the accent and there's nothing wrong with not being attracted to it.

I clearly said I meant no dis-respect.

You come across like you're angry at me for not liking the accent. Like I should like what you tell me to like. Not going to happen.

"I think it's rather sad that you're boiling every person down to what accent they have. People are more than just their voice.

I don't think moving will help as you'll just find something off putting about the women there. I think you have a larger problem than that. "

I'm not boiling people down to their accent. But it puts me off so much I don't get sexually turned on by it. That's not my fault. I can't force myself to like it.

I lived in England for 11 years so I already know that there are tons of foreign and obviously english women there so I wouldn't find something to put me off. But like I said...moving would be a big upheaval and take a while to settle so I'm not sure what to do...

Part of the problem I think is that I was adopted as a kid and was brought by a Scottish couple. They were very cold and stern. The most stern people I've ever known so I think sub-consciously my brain has a negative reaction because of that.

As for the more harsh or harder accents I just don't find that attractive.

I have no problem with Scottish people or Scotland in general, it's purely a negative sexual thing.

By *atex and KinkCouple  over a year ago

Download Festival

"Invest in a ball gag "

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Sorry OP, but this has to be a joke? A wind up?

I see you've been here for only 3 weeks, but you've no veris. So if this is a 'see me' type thread, then I think you've just shot yourself in the foot!

Happy Fabbing.

By *atex and KinkCouple  over a year ago

Download Festival

"Invest in a ball gag "

Aye, gaun yersel son...

"Sorry OP, but this has to be a joke? A wind up?

I see you've been here for only 3 weeks, but you've no veris. So if this is a 'see me' type thread, then I think you've just shot yourself in the foot!

Happy Fabbing."

I'm not looking for meets just now. Just using the forum. No it's not a look at me thread.

"Aye, gaun yersel son... "

Lol Yes that's what I mean. That sounds butch to me

Move please

By *otblondewife hornyMrCouple  over a year ago

Cambuslang

Sound like a daft wee boy who hasn't been about at all. Generally Ayrshire accents can be a bit rough. But there is no such thing as a Scottish accent. There are dozens!

"Sound like a daft wee boy who hasn't been about at all. Generally Ayrshire accents can be a bit rough. But there is no such thing as a Scottish accent. There are dozens!"

Excuse me?

I explained that I have a negative association because of my upbringing.

There is NOTHING wrong with have a preference or am I only allowed to like or not like what you do or don't like.

Your post is rude and unnecessary.

"Move please "

Another person who thinks I'm not allowed my own preferences.

Can I make it clear to the rude people who think I'm not allowed my own preferences.

I clearly said I mean no offence or dis-respect at all.

I have not been rude to anyone so I see no need for you to be rude to me.

near Glasgow

"Can I make it clear to the rude people who think I'm not allowed my own preferences.

"

OP, I think the reason why some people have been very frank in their replies, is because they find your op as being pretty ridiculous! And like you, I'm simply expressing my opinion.

Lumping all the Scottish accents together also shows an ignorance of Scotland in it's totality, and diversity. Maybe you need to get out a bit more and experience your country.

By *p for anything 123Man  over a year ago

Coatbridge

"Can I make it clear to the rude people who think I'm not allowed my own preferences.

OP, I think the reason why some people have been very frank in their replies, is because they find your op as being pretty ridiculous! And like you, I'm simply expressing my opinion.

Lumping all the Scottish accents together also shows an ignorance of Scotland in it's totality, and diversity. Maybe you need to get out a bit more and experience your country."

Lumping all the Scottish accents together also shows an ignorance of Scotland in it's totality, and diversity. Maybe you need to get out a bit more and experience your country."

I don't see them as being frank. I see it as rude. They can get their point across without being rude and name calling.

I don't think it's ridiculous at all. If someone has erectile dysfunction it's not ridiculous...so if I literally can't get turned on by Scottish accents (any variation) then that's not my fault and I was simply asking others what they would do...that's all.

Name calling isn't being frank. It's just rude.

Ooooft, what a stramash!

" "

No. You're not being frank. You're being rude and disrespectful unnecessarily. I'm sure you could have got your point across like an adult without the insult.

Again...you don't have the moral high ground here.

Coatbridge

This is now verging on the ridiculous ..I'm away to grow up

"This is now verging on the ridiculous ..I'm away to grow up "

I don't understand you at all.

You insult me out of nowhere and then think you're the one in the right for some reason.

I think you're behaving really weird.

Just a thought. ....stay put and try and meet people who moved to Scotland from other countries

I don't have a Scottish accent as originally from 'down south'

Coatbridge

"This is now verging on the ridiculous ..I'm away to grow up

I don't understand you at all.

You insult me out of nowhere and then think you're the one in the right for some reason.

As I said if you think that was an insult you've led a very sheltered life!!!! Bored now so I'm away to play twister with women with lovely Scottish accents

I think you're behaving really weird. "

"Just a thought. ....stay put and try and meet people who moved to Scotland from other countries

I don't have a Scottish accent as originally from 'down south' "

"Sound like a daft wee boy who hasn't been about at all. Generally Ayrshire accents can be a bit rough. But there is no such thing as a Scottish accent. There are dozens!

Excuse me?

There is NOTHING wrong with have a preference or am I only allowed to like or not like what you do or don't like.

Your post is rude and unnecessary. "

Have you stopped to think that likely several people find your original post "rude and unnecessary?

"

You come across like you're angry at me for not liking the accent. Like I should like what you tell me to like. Not going to happen."

Hahahahahahaha aww dude you really are something

"Invest in a ball gag

Haha! I almost peed!

K x"

as soon as they are in the door put it on them don't let them say one word hahaha

By *gowbhoy4funMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"Invest in a ball gag "

By *gowbhoy4funMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Must b joking here m8 hahah ... Your scottish and dont like the scottish accent ?? ...n too class everyone in scotland with the same accent is crazy !!!

But aye i think you should move to north pole or something...maybe youd like their accents

Mind the postcards for us all please lol

Geeza swatch ae yir boaby big man !!! lol

"Sound like a daft wee boy who hasn't been about at all. Generally Ayrshire accents can be a bit rough. But there is no such thing as a Scottish accent. There are dozens!

Excuse me?

Your post is rude and unnecessary.

Have you stopped to think that likely several people find your original post "rude and unnecessary?"

No, that's why I said I mean no offence or disrespect. Preferences aren't rude..

Coatbridge

"Invest in a ball gag

"

"Must b joking here m8 hahah ... Your scottish and dont like the scottish accent ?? ...n too class everyone in scotland with the same accent is crazy !!!

But aye i think you should move to north pole or something...maybe youd like their accents

Mind the postcards for us all please lol "

Yep I'm Scottish and don't find the accent sexual. Just a preference. Like I said before, I think it comes from my upbringing maybe..

The North Pole is a bit nippy this time of year I've heard though

"Must b joking here m8 hahah ... Your scottish and dont like the scottish accent ?? ...n too class everyone in scotland with the same accent is crazy !!!

Mind the postcards for us all please lol "

also I didn't say all scots have the same accent...

"Geeza swatch ae yir boaby big man !!! lol"

haha I have those pics set to private ; )

Good example though...I find 'boaby' a turn off lol So if a woman said that in a serious way then I'd find it a turn off.

Same with 'pump' or 'pumping'

im sorry that earlier post was fun x

Aye cheers for reporting me too much time on ur hands

"Aye cheers for reporting me too much time on ur hands "

Must be your accent

"Aye cheers for reporting me too much time on ur hands "

It takes literally seconds to click the report button. Don't need much time for that.

By *ouncingBiscuitsWoman  over a year ago

toy town, Glasgow

"...if you were living in Scotland but you didn't find the accent sexual at all? Moving to England would be possible but impractical and would take a good couple of years to get a place and get settled with a job and flat etc...

I don't mean to be offensive or dis-respectful to any Scottish women as it's just my preference (or lack of..) but no matter how hard I try I just can't link the Scottish accent with sex. I find either too butch/masculine or for women with the softer accent I still get a vibe of sternness or hardness. Even if she is drop dead gorgeous as soon as I hear the accent it's like my brain literally changes my interpretation of her physically and goes into a non-sexual mode.

Would you stay and run the risk of permanent singledom or would you move to another country even though that would be a big upheaval and take a couple of years to get settled properly?"

I don't mean to be offensive or dis-respectful to any Scottish women as it's just my preference (or lack of..) but no matter how hard I try I just can't link the Scottish accent

^^^^^^^^^

Pffft ....If that ain't offencive to Scottish women i don't no what is yer just being a plonker mate the quicker you move the better id say

Are you Brian Spanner or Euan McColm?

To be fair this has all gone a bit off track- personally how someone talks can have a big impact on how attractive I find them. David Beckham is gorgeous, until he opens his mouth.

I'm always reading about preferences on the forums, height, size, race, sexuality (and the last one you can't even see or hear) and they seem largely accepted. Is accent so different?? I know there a few accents that do little for me, in the same way that there are a few that will really win points lol

"...if you were living in Scotland but you didn't find the accent sexual at all? Moving to England would be possible but impractical and would take a good couple of years to get a place and get settled with a job and flat etc...

Would you stay and run the risk of permanent singledom or would you move to another country even though that would be a big upheaval and take a couple of years to get settled properly?

I don't mean to be offensive or dis-respectful to any Scottish women as it's just my preference (or lack of..) but no matter how hard I try I just can't link the Scottish accent

^^^^^^^^^

Pffft ....If that ain't offencive to Scottish women i don't no what is yer just being a plonker mate the quicker you move the better id say "

No it's not offensive at all. It's a preference.

It's would be the same as a straight man saying his preference is women because he's straight. Is that disrespectful to men? No...it's a preference.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you are going to join in the thread please do so without the name calling or abuse or you may find you can't post for a while

"If you are going to join in the thread please do so without the name calling or abuse or you may find you can't post for a while "

Thank you

st andrews

"I think it's rather sad that you're boiling every person down to what accent they have. People are more than just their voice.

I don't think moving will help as you'll just find something off putting about the women there. I think you have a larger problem than that.

I'm not boiling people down to their accent. But it puts me off so much I don't get sexually turned on by it. That's not my fault. I can't force myself to like it.

I lived in England for 11 years so I already know that there are tons of foreign and obviously english women there so I wouldn't find something to put me off. But like I said...moving would be a big upheaval and take a while to settle so I'm not sure what to do...

Part of the problem I think is that I was adopted as a kid and was brought by a Scottish couple. They were very cold and stern. The most stern people I've ever known so I think sub-consciously my brain has a negative reaction because of that.

As for the more harsh or harder accents I just don't find that attractive.

I have no problem with Scottish people or Scotland in general, it's purely a negative sexual thing. "

Yet it bothers you so much that you want to move to get a shag? Does that sound like a proportionate response? To me it implies a deeper problem, perhaps before you up sticks and move somewhere else you should talk to a therapist and see if they can help

"

Yet it bothers you so much that you want to move to get a shag? Does that sound like a proportionate response? To me it implies a deeper problem, perhaps before you up sticks and move somewhere else you should talk to a therapist and see if they can help"

There are a couple other non accent related reasons for me maybe moving but it's not so much just for a shag. I'm just thinking that I can't have a relationship with a Scots woman because of it so that could be a problem for me in the future when I'm ready for a relationship.

It would be a bit like if I was gay and living in a place where there were hardly any gay men.

Anyhoo, I've received peoples various feedback now so I should probably move on from this thread now...

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Again, no offence meant to anyone..

By *hickencurryCouple  over a year ago

brisbane

Our preference is to not meet male "diva's".

"Our preference is to not meet male "diva's". "

I share that preference...

near Glasgow

OP, whether you like it or not, and personally I don't like it, we live in a PC dominated world.

You saying you don't mean to be offensive is simply irrelevant. If someone perceives it to be offensive then that's the end of the story, it's their prerogative.

By *ithardscotMan  over a year ago

Kelty

The rest of the world is rubbish.

Get used to the accent.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

We went to Scotland this week and I think the accent is great, I would do a man with a lovely Scottish accent especially if they were wearing a kilt

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Oh and there are accents that I would have to have the man use a ballgag as they make me feel like someone is scratching down a blackboard , there isn't anything wrong in saying that though

Think this boy has been given a seriously hard time, OP had you posted this in another forum the outcome would likely have been different.

Rounded on like a pack of rabid monkeys

st andrews

"Think this boy has been given a seriously hard time, OP had you posted this in another forum the outcome would likely have been different.

Rounded on like a pack of rabid monkeys "

I'm not a rabid monkey. I expressed the opinion that to consider moving hundreds of miles away over something as trivial as an accent seems over the top, as was what was stated in the OP.

He then clarified there are deeper rooted issues, to which I suggested he talk to someone about them.

There are accents I don't like, as well as physical attributes. For me to assume I'll have no attraction to anyone with them would be daft, someone could come along that completely changed my mind. I certainly wouldn't consider moving to a different country and completely uprooting my life because of it.

i find this very offensive n down rite insulting to all scottish woman scottish n proud of my so called accent n no wonder u not finding meets

By *ad ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

[Removed by poster at 20/02/16 02:59:02]

By *ad ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

It wouldn't be an issue if Scotland had more foreign people but here in Ayrshire at least it's pretty much just Scottish peeps..."

Scotland has a very diverse population nowadays.

We Scots are a lot more tolerant of people who come from other countries than a few nations I can think of.

Maybe you need to get out more, maybe visit your local Aldi. ?

Aww poor guy hahaha although you done yourself no favours posting that lol I'm Scottish and I live in Scotland but when I'm watching a programme and someone comes on who is Scottish I find the accent a bit cringy and harsh but not in everyday life. That always confuses me (scratch head) x

"Aww poor guy hahaha although you done yourself no favours posting that lol I'm Scottish and I live in Scotland but when I'm watching a programme and someone comes on who is Scottish I find the accent a bit cringy and harsh but not in everyday life. That always confuses me (scratch head) x"

The way I always think a Scottish accent can sound worse on television is where you can tell the person isn't talking as they naturally do, try to use correct pronunciation etc. It just sounds a little awkward.

By *ldo6999Man  over a year ago

larkhall

If you move to engerrland no fucket will understand you and youll have nae chance....

"If you move to engerrland no fucket will understand you and youll have nae chance...."

I lived in England for 11 years and had no problem with that. Only one person (a spanish girl) struggled with certain words..

"i find this very offensive n down rite insulting to all scottish woman scottish n proud of my so called accent n no wonder u not finding meets "

That seems a strange way to interpret it.

That's like saying a straight man is insulting all men because he doesn't find men sexually attractive.

I'm not finding meets because I'm not looking for any just now. Like my profile says, I'm here for chat and the forum only just now.

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"That's a new one for the profile If you have a Scottish accent do not contact me "

Pat... What about a French accent with wee Scottish intonation coming out at times lol

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

If ya dont like it clear out I hated even visiting family in scouseland their noise goes right through me.

Not everybody in Scotland has a Scottish accent.. Personally I struggle with some of the regional accents from England.

[Removed by poster at 21/02/16 19:31:22]

"That's a new one for the profile If you have a Scottish accent do not contact me

Pat... What about a French accent with wee Scottish intonation coming out at times lol "

OHH am looking forward to hearing your accent now

Am sure its a cool mix

Having lived in Australia and visited Asia, America and one or two other places. I found after pronouncing words properly (or at least trying to) and speaking well, like a wanker! People didn't really appreciate the Scottish accent. It was only when I started talkin in ma native gie tongue that people's faces really lit up and were genuinely amazed at how I sounded. So away an bile yer heed pal

"Having lived in Australia and visited Asia, America and one or two other places. I found after pronouncing words properly (or at least trying to) and speaking well, like a wanker! People didn't really appreciate the Scottish accent. It was only when I started talkin in ma native gie tongue that people's faces really lit up and were genuinely amazed at how I sounded. So away an bile yer heed pal "

I don't know what 'away and bile my head' means.

If you're offended then that's a bit weird to be offended by someone elses preference.

st andrews

"Having lived in Australia and visited Asia, America and one or two other places. I found after pronouncing words properly (or at least trying to) and speaking well, like a wanker! People didn't really appreciate the Scottish accent. It was only when I started talkin in ma native gie tongue that people's faces really lit up and were genuinely amazed at how I sounded. So away an bile yer heed pal

If you're offended then that's a bit weird to be offended by someone elses preference. "

You keep claiming about preference. I prefer dark haired guys but I'm not considering moving to the Med because not everyone around me is dark haired.

I think your reaction to an accent is rather over the top, the fact that you're claiming to be considering it is just bizarre. I'd strongly suggest talking to someone about why you're reacting like this.

Sorry Sir but I take offence to nothing.

Someone choosing to live in Scotland but doesn't like the Scottish accent is somewhat more "weird" than my post though.

"Having lived in Australia and visited Asia, America and one or two other places. I found after pronouncing words properly (or at least trying to) and speaking well, like a wanker! People didn't really appreciate the Scottish accent. It was only when I started talkin in ma native gie tongue that people's faces really lit up and were genuinely amazed at how I sounded. So away an bile yer heed pal

If you're offended then that's a bit weird to be offended by someone elses preference.

You keep claiming about preference. I prefer dark haired guys but I'm not considering moving to the Med because not everyone around me is dark haired.

I think your reaction to an accent is rather over the top, the fact that you're claiming to be considering it is just bizarre. I'd strongly suggest talking to someone about why you're reacting like this. "

There are other reasons for possibly moving like I said before. I already lived in the midlands for 11 years so it feels like another home and I have friends and family there to. Maybe I've made a bigger deal out of the accent than necessary. It's all good...

"Sorry Sir but I take offence to nothing.

Someone choosing to live in Scotland but doesn't like the Scottish accent is somewhat more "weird" than my post though. "

That's cool, I wasn't sure what you meant is all.

I live in Scotland now because I was struggling with rent due to that bedroom tax so my brother (who was already here) said I could move in with him so I took a chance and here I am.

near Glasgow

" I don't know what 'away and bile my head' means. "

And you claim to be Scots??

" I don't know what 'away and bile my head' means.

And you claim to be Scots?? "

As others have said, not all Scots speak the same. I was brought up mostly in the Hebrides not Glasgow. They speak different in different places.

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

If your up bringing has caused such a negative association then I'd would honestly look in to some kind of coucilling op . It's is wayyyy past preference ,when you are disregarding ALL Scots ladies due to their accent . I'm sure talking this through with a professional would help you deal with the root cause of your aversions . At the very least it could offer you some closure .

Do you yourself have a Scottish accent?

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

"If your up bringing has caused such a negative association then I'd would honestly look in to some kind of coucilling op . It's is wayyyy past preference ,when you are disregarding ALL Scots ladies due to their accent . I'm sure talking this through with a professional would help you deal with the root cause of your aversions . At the very least it could offer you some closure ."

Totally agree - I can understand preferences for tall/short/large/small etc but think it's, in all seriousness speaking with someone may be a good idea.

Personally I find Scottish and Irish accents on women an instant turn on.... So much so I'm now banned from the Scottish Power help line.

D

"If your up bringing has caused such a negative association then I'd would honestly look in to some kind of coucilling op . It's is wayyyy past preference ,when you are disregarding ALL Scots ladies due to their accent . I'm sure talking this through with a professional would help you deal with the root cause of your aversions . At the very least it could offer you some closure ."

It's really not that serious. But thanks for the advice anyway

"Do you yourself have a Scottish accent?"

We've been there and done that.

I have a cock too....should I be attracted to cock just because I have one even though I'm straight?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the Scots accent/s.

"If your up bringing has caused such a negative association then I'd would honestly look in to some kind of coucilling op . It's is wayyyy past preference ,when you are disregarding ALL Scots ladies due to their accent . I'm sure talking this through with a professional would help you deal with the root cause of your aversions . At the very least it could offer you some closure .

Totally agree - I can understand preferences for tall/short/large/small etc but think it's, in all seriousness speaking with someone may be a good idea.

Personally I find Scottish and Irish accents on women an instant turn on.... So much so I'm now banned from the Scottish Power help line.

D"

It's not that serious really. My past is in the past. I'm just guessing that that may have something to do with it.

But...if you don't try you don't know so maybe I shouldn't dismiss a relationship I haven't tried yet...Time will tell.

Southampton

You say you don't find ANY woman with a Scots accent a turn on .You also branded all female Scots accents as "cold" "harsh "ect . This is now caused you to even think of moving away from Scotland .. I'm sorry but seriously you don't call that a problem??? If something is adversely affecting you and your life then I'm afraid it's a problem lol !!!

Now either you were just talking bullshit about how bad the problem is and exaggerated it OR you are clearly in denial. If the latter then no one can help you until you actually admit to having a problem .people can throw all manner of suggestions and help but it's utterly pointless unless you want to move forward.

What ever you do op I wish you well

Southampton

Oh just to add no relationship is ever going to work if you enter it with a whole load of unresolved baggage .

"You say you don't find ANY woman with a Scots accent a turn on .You also branded all female Scots accents as "cold" "harsh "ect . This is now caused you to even think of moving away from Scotland .. I'm sorry but seriously you don't call that a problem??? If something is adversely affecting you and your life then I'm afraid it's a problem lol !!!

Now either you were just talking bullshit about how bad the problem is and exaggerated it OR you are clearly in denial. If the latter then no one can help you until you actually admit to having a problem .people can throw all manner of suggestions and help but it's utterly pointless unless you want to move forward.

What ever you do op I wish you well "

Yeh we've been here already lol. The thread is going in circles...

It's not just the accent. I have more normal reasons for possibly moving too such as friends and family in the midlands and the fact I was there for 11 years so it's like a home away from home.

My preference maybe doesn't come from my past. That's just my guess that that is just PART of it. But I don't know for sure.

It's just a preference and all our preferences come from somewhere. I'm also straight...I don't see any men offended that I don't fancy them so why should anyone be offended just because I'm not attracted to their accent..

We're going in circles now. It's really not that serious. I'll figure it out...

st andrews

"You say you don't find ANY woman with a Scots accent a turn on .You also branded all female Scots accents as "cold" "harsh "ect . This is now caused you to even think of moving away from Scotland .. I'm sorry but seriously you don't call that a problem??? If something is adversely affecting you and your life then I'm afraid it's a problem lol !!!

It's not just the accent. I have more normal reasons for possibly moving too such as friends and family in the midlands and the fact I was there for 11 years so it's like a home away from home.

My preference maybe doesn't come from my past. That's just my guess that that is just PART of it. But I don't know for sure.

It's just a preference and all our preferences come from somewhere. I'm also straight...I don't see any men offended that I don't fancy them so why should anyone be offended just because I'm not attracted to their accent..

We're going in circles now. It's really not that serious. I'll figure it out..."

Op, you may have other 'normal' reasons for wanting to move away, however that is not what your original statement was. You said you wanted to move because you can't stand the female Scottish voice.

If that wasn't what you meant then why say that to begin with? If the backtracking you're now doing is the truth, then what you meant to say was "I feel like I want to move to the midlands as its like a second home", nothing to do with what your preferences regarding women are. Two entirely different things.

If this thread is going round in circles it's because you keep trying to backtrack.

You want to move down south as you feel you'll be happier there, plus there may be some women you are more attracted to and have what you are looking for. See, easy isn't it?

Good luck, hope your move goes well.

Personally ....Why dont ya invest in a decent set of Headphones..

They are ideal during sex ..

Just trying too help

We're going in circles now. It's really not that serious. I'll figure it out...

Op, you may have other 'normal' reasons for wanting to move away, however that is not what your original statement was. You said you wanted to move because you can't stand the female Scottish voice.

If that wasn't what you meant then why say that to begin with? If the backtracking you're now doing is the truth, then what you meant to say was "I feel like I want to move to the midlands as its like a second home", nothing to do with what your preferences regarding women are. Two entirely different things.

If this thread is going round in circles it's because you keep trying to backtrack.

You want to move down south as you feel you'll be happier there, plus there may be some women you are more attracted to and have what you are looking for. See, easy isn't it?

Good luck, hope your move goes well. "

Not putting that in my OP isn't back-tracking. It's a lack of awareness on my part whilst typing an OP lol

Thank you for the good luck wishes : ) I think I'll be here for a while though as moving isn't easy..I may not move at all...time will tell

"Personally ....Why dont ya invest in a decent set of Headphones..

They are ideal during sex ..

Just trying too help

"

I'd need the headphones on dates too and the rest of time lol...Good suggestion..problem solved!

"Do you yourself have a Scottish accent?

I have a cock too....should I be attracted to cock just because I have one even though I'm straight?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the Scots accent/s. "

I was merely asking a question, I obviously missed the part where that's been discussed already, sorry, but there really is no need for you to be so rude.

Coatbridge

I didn't say there was anything wrongly with the Scots accent/s.

I was merely asking a question, I obviously missed the part where that's been discussed already, sorry, but there really is no need for you to be so rude. "

don't upset him he'll just report you

I was merely asking a question, I obviously missed the part where that's been discussed already, sorry, but there really is no need for you to be so rude. "

Sorry that wasn't meant in a rude way.

I was merely asking a question, I obviously missed the part where that's been discussed already, sorry, but there really is no need for you to be so rude.

Sorry that wasn't meant in a rude way. "

Thank you for your apology.

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

There is no such thing as a Scottish accent, as in England you drive a few miles and you will hear a difference.

Glasgow accent is completely different from Highlands, Aberdeen, Fife.

near Glasgow

"There is no such thing as a Scottish accent, as in England you drive a few miles and you will hear a difference.

Glasgow accent is completely different from Highlands, Aberdeen, Fife. "

[Removed by poster at 24/02/16 14:12:35]

» Add a new message to this topic