FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Slight paunch

Slight paunch

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi , can anybody tell me how to lose my slight dad bod ! Can't due gym as workload is too much ! Are sit ups and planks enough?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As an expert in this field, sits up would be enough to get the job done as you don't seem to be that big a bloke. Maybe do some cardio as well just to help speed up the fat burning process.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Take the stairs instead of the lift, park at the back of the car park instead of next to the shops. Walk to the shop instead of taking the car.

Simple things that you won't notice but will help

Cheers guys

By *ohn_spartanMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's diet mainly for the last wee bit. Diet and cardio. Core work strengthens the abdominal muscles but does not reduce fat levels round that area specifically.

"It's diet mainly for the last wee bit. Diet and cardio. Core work strengthens the abdominal muscles but does not reduce fat levels round that area specifically. "
noted thanks fella

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Watch your calories going in. There's free apps that will do the counting for you I'm not sure if it's against fourm rules to put a link up. Cut out fizzy drinks beer etc and try increase fruit and veg.

Your advised to get around 30 min excersise a day. If you can't make it to a gym due to work etc there are loads now open 24 hours failing that maybe try sourcing a cheap excersise bike and set it up in front of the tv and go for a cycle during your fav programme

Xxxxx

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Get that pile cream and rub that into your belly like there is no tomorrow

John

"Watch your calories going in. There's free apps that will do the counting for you I'm not sure if it's against fourm rules to put a link up. Cut out fizzy drinks beer etc and try increase fruit and veg.

Your advised to get around 30 min excersise a day. If you can't make it to a gym due to work etc there are loads now open 24 hours failing that maybe try sourcing a cheap excersise bike and set it up in front of the tv and go for a cycle during your fav programme

Xxxxx"

thanks for the input

"Get that pile cream and rub that into your belly like there is no tomorrow

John "

would that work ?

By *uzzy-LogicMan  over a year ago

Fochabers

As other have said diet is the main thing, but if possible get some free weights and add them to your planks and sit ups, also squats. Building muscle helps to burn fat as your body needs more fuel during the day just to keep going; increasing your resting metabolism.

"As other have said diet is the main thing, but if possible get some free weights and add them to your planks and sit ups, also squats. Building muscle helps to burn fat as your body needs more fuel during the day just to keep going; increasing your resting metabolism.

"

cheers mate will take your advice on board

Really?

In a non gay way mate you look fine

"Really?

In a non gay way mate you look fine

"

cheers I think ! Lol

Dad bod? Look fit to me.

Can anyone advise me on how to get rid of a slight hump?

It's not me, it;s for Mrs Doyle...

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Can anyone advise me on how to get rid of a slight hump?

It's not me, it;s for Mrs Doyle... "

Show you the door

By *vanabeusedTV/TS  over a year ago

somewhere

That's why I wear a corset !

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"That's why I wear a corset !"

Me too

It's not me, it;s for Mrs Doyle... "

Oh you were bloody brave....just because I was offline

Be afraid Franz....very afraid

It's not me, it;s for Mrs Doyle...

Oh you were bloody brave....just because I was offline

Be afraid Franz....very afraid "

I already was!

By *ostEligibleBachelorMan  over a year ago

Its all about calories in vs calories out. You can maintain abs all year round, on any diet you wish, fast food, fizzy drinks, or eating "clean" as long as you don't consume more calories than your body burns off.

If you are serious, you'll be able to find time in your day to work out/work on it. It would only take 30-40 mins a day, 2-3 times a week, but that's up to you.

The main thing you want to do though is use an app like my fitness pal, and track your daily intake of calories for a week. The important thing is to eat normally and not change your diet because you're recording everything down: the purpose of this is to establish your base line "maintenance" / average daily caloric intake - assuming you are not currently gaining or losing weight and this is simply your typical diet that keeps you as you are.

Once you have this magic number - say it's 2.500 calories. You'll simply want to drop off 500 calories per day. After one week, that is 3,500 calories per week = 1 lbs of fat lost.

You can determine how much/little you'd want to adjust or reduce your daily intake by, but cutting back on 500 calories in this example is only like 20% so it's realistic and manageable.

The appearance of being toned, or having abs, etc is all down to body fat percentage. The lower your body fat percentage, the more toned you look. You can't target fat loss on your abs, you simply diet and fat is gradually burned/reduced all over, which includes fat over your abs, and thus they'll soon start to show.

You can do a 1000 sit ups a day, but unless you burn off that thin layer of fat over them, they'll never show. Similarly though, the reason I still suggested finding time to work out, is that after losing some puppy fat, your abs could be rather flat/less pronounced if they weren't worked on, but it looks like your primary goal is a flatter stomach as opposed to pronounced abs.

Judging by your photos, what you're looking for wouldn't take any length of time at all provided you committed to it properly, ie the points above. Everyone is different but I would recon easily within a couple to a few months anyway. Which would be by the end of this summer.

Happy to answer more, or help in private messages or whatever as its a subject I'm genuinely passionate about. I'd also welcome the discussion from anyone choosing to constructively and critically challenging what I've said above as well.

Too long, didn't read version: scale back on what you're eating by about 500+ calories a day, for the next 3-4 months and you'll likely reach your goal, if you dont, re-assess your calory intake when you feel you're weight loss is plateu-ing and reduce more calories (or work out to burn more off and keep the same diet) if necessary.

"Its all about calories in vs calories out. You can maintain abs all year round, on any diet you wish, fast food, fizzy drinks, or eating "clean" as long as you don't consume more calories than your body burns off.

If you are serious, you'll be able to find time in your day to work out/work on it. It would only take 30-40 mins a day, 2-3 times a week, but that's up to you.

The main thing you want to do though is use an app like my fitness pal, and track your daily intake of calories for a week. The important thing is to eat normally and not change your diet because you're recording everything down: the purpose of this is to establish your base line "maintenance" / average daily caloric intake - assuming you are not currently gaining or losing weight and this is simply your typical diet that keeps you as you are.

Once you have this magic number - say it's 2.500 calories. You'll simply want to drop off 500 calories per day. After one week, that is 3,500 calories per week = 1 lbs of fat lost.

You can determine how much/little you'd want to adjust or reduce your daily intake by, but cutting back on 500 calories in this example is only like 20% so it's realistic and manageable.

The appearance of being toned, or having abs, etc is all down to body fat percentage. The lower your body fat percentage, the more toned you look. You can't target fat loss on your abs, you simply diet and fat is gradually burned/reduced all over, which includes fat over your abs, and thus they'll soon start to show.

You can do a 1000 sit ups a day, but unless you burn off that thin layer of fat over them, they'll never show. Similarly though, the reason I still suggested finding time to work out, is that after losing some puppy fat, your abs could be rather flat/less pronounced if they weren't worked on, but it looks like your primary goal is a flatter stomach as opposed to pronounced abs.

Judging by your photos, what you're looking for wouldn't take any length of time at all provided you committed to it properly, ie the points above. Everyone is different but I would recon easily within a couple to a few months anyway. Which would be by the end of this summer.

Happy to answer more, or help in private messages or whatever as its a subject I'm genuinely passionate about. I'd also welcome the discussion from anyone choosing to constructively and critically challenging what I've said above as well.

Too long, didn't read version: scale back on what you're eating by about 500+ calories a day, for the next 3-4 months and you'll likely reach your goal, if you dont, re-assess your calory intake when you feel you're weight loss is plateu-ing and reduce more calories (or work out to burn more off and keep the same diet) if necessary."

thank you so much for your in depth answer , it really gives me something to go on

"Its all about calories in vs calories out. You can maintain abs all year round, on any diet you wish, fast food, fizzy drinks, or eating "clean" as long as you don't consume more calories than your body burns off.

Too long, didn't read version: scale back on what you're eating by about 500+ calories a day, for the next 3-4 months and you'll likely reach your goal, if you dont, re-assess your calory intake when you feel you're weight loss is plateu-ing and reduce more calories (or work out to burn more off and keep the same diet) if necessary."

good points above, diet & work outs are vital

also remember your age, from 40 onwards male testosterone starts to drop off, part of the effects of lower testosterone is an increased waist (fat deposits)

one thing most of us cant fight is the aging process

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Get that pile cream and rub that into your belly like there is no tomorrow

John would that work ? "

It's been know in the past Google is your friend

John

» Add a new message to this topic