FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Shift workers

Shift workers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any other shift workers out there how does it effect your swinging life. Do you have to meet less than you like or do you meet at odd times or attend clubs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uzzy-LogicMan  over a year ago

Fochabers

I don't do shift work exactly, I do events work so its really long days mainly at weekends.

This absolutely affects my ability to meet. Also club nights are mainly weekend as are socials or private parties. In the last two weeks I have missed a night at CJs and had to pull out of a private party cause of work

The cost of clubs also goes up for me, cause I can choose mot to work but then I'm losing about 15-17 hours pay plus the cost of going.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the work but if you could all just choose to have your weddings on Tuesdays from now on that would be greatly appreciated

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We are lucky that I'm self employed so work never gets in the way, if I'm really busy then I sub work out so I've not got a backlog and the other half only works Monday to Friday and is finished by lunchtime so all good. We know we are very lucky to have such a relaxed lifestyle and still get by very comfortably but know a few folk that work strange shifts and need weeks n weeks notice for our parties or for naughty weekends away

We feel your pain! Used to be us until we switched jobs

John

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah I work nights and every single weekend so it's hard for me to find meets during the day and hard to go to cjs or any club at weekend as I would need to drive cos of were I live

It kills all my social and fab life. Currently seeking new path to accommodate my debauchery.

Kidding aside it fucks it all up big time

Fochabers

We should have a shift workers social, have it mid-week at odd time so we can make it along. If we get good numbers could maybe convince some of the ckubs to have a shift workers day time opening or something ?

Just a thought

By *onto the 3rdMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

I work mental hours..and mental shifts...so it does inhibit time...strangely enough though, it helps me in meeting up when i wouldnt be able to tho. I can do mornings..afternoons nights and weekends...just not in the same week!!

"We should have a shift workers social, have it mid-week at odd time so we can make it along. If we get good numbers could maybe convince some of the ckubs to have a shift workers day time opening or something ?

Just a thought"

it was pretty much the idea in starting the thread though hopefully get more couples and single fems joining conversation

Fochabers

Awesome well hopefully something will come from this

Hopefully some more shift workers

By *976scottMan  over a year ago

North Lanarkshire

I like shift work at times, great having some time off during the week! The downside is you can guarantee when you get an invite to something fab related or not it's always on your weekend on!!!!

I would be up for a shift workers social, as long as I'm not working! Lol

I also work shifts, as has already been said by Scott it can be useful when you have time off midweek. I wouldn't say it makes much difference to how often I meet others, where's there's a will and all that

"I also work shifts, as has already been said by Scott it can be useful when you have time off midweek. I wouldn't say it makes much difference to how often I meet others, where's there's a will and all that

"

Should that not be where there's a willie there's a way...

"I also work shifts, as has already been said by Scott it can be useful when you have time off midweek. I wouldn't say it makes much difference to how often I meet others, where's there's a will and all that

"

Now that made me laugh!

Now that made me laugh! "

xXx

By *s cynicalWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 10/07/16 03:22:20]

By *s cynicalWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"I work mental hours..and mental shifts...so it does inhibit time...strangely enough though, it helps me in meeting up when i wouldnt be able to tho. I can do mornings..afternoons nights and weekends...just not in the same week!!"
I know

I work shifts, i have 2 days off a week. First day off is catching up with chores, the second one is family time. What social time? Lol

Mrs works an unusual shift pattern on a rota that lasts three weeks if that makes sense. She only has one weekend off in three, plus we have our kids etc, so it does make it difficult to arrange anything due to limited time available together.

Agree with OP , shifts do make it harder and a lot more planning has to go in to organising social it fun meets x

I work all over the world and away for up to 6 weeks at a time so having any kind of plans is almost impossible therefore meeting from here is made more difficult but I do enjoy the chats while I'm gone and the build up to a meet can be fun ??

By *abulous fingersMan  over a year ago

bo’ness

I work 3 weeks away and 3 weeks at home! I put in the ground work the after my 3 weeks at home I'm back to square one! Shifts suck

I run a partnership business where we both work 24/7 as vehicles have to be transferred all over UK and picked up so its very hard to meet and usually when I finish, say 12 at night, especially on a Saturday night, everyone is busy with meets or out at clubs. It makes it extremely difficult

I'm used to it so usually go into the chat room for a natter

"Yeah I work nights and every single weekend so it's hard for me to find meets during the day and hard to go to cjs or any club at weekend as I would need to drive cos of were I live"

I'll drive you sometime if you want, work shifts too as you know

I hope all you shift workers are taking a good high vitiman D supplement

Living in Scotland obviously lowers your vit-D but then to work night shifts on top of this depletes the body as well as calcium and both are essential for healthy bones.

You may feel okay but this is a gradual process which wont be discovered until decades down the line and does cause osteoporosis

so have a word with your GP ideally or at least start taking Vit D supplements.

We're both shift workers and sometimes it's like passing ships! It can be hard for us to get time off together midweek never mind the weekend!

I'd say it has affected our swinging play time as we're currently enjoying CJs and dying to get back, but with only 1 weekend off together every couple of months then it's hard.

Maybe putting this on forum on a Saturday wasn't best day to put it on hopefully some more people will see it on other days

By *adgeeMan  over a year ago

South

"We should have a shift workers social, have it mid-week at odd time so we can make it along. If we get good numbers could maybe convince some of the ckubs to have a shift workers day time opening or something ?

Just a thought"

Great Idea

Yeah im constant back shoft getting an early moring meet throigh the week is tough. Ill pin my shifts up. Message me if your a morning person haha

» Add a new message to this topic