FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Royal Wedding

Royal Wedding

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Err ok here goes, great everyone ish getting the day off, will you watch or attend? hmm who knows...I know that i run a business that has to shut down on the Friday. So 8 people do not get paid and nor do i. Is there a compensation site?

comparethewedding.com? or we buy any fish.com .... ohh no you cant cos we are getting married.

So... who has to pay staff for the day off? Nope not the Queen and ohh not the government. Err its us ....So to you getting married costs me about £1400, please be free to tell me that watching it on the tele is worth it ....

Disgruntled from Fife lol. They look a great couple but ... i am paying....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

am def not watching it anyway the quicker its over the better there taking it ott

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

I'm with you on this one Greig, and I won't be watching either as I'll be sat on a train

By *over-manMan  over a year ago

motherwell

i wont be watching it il be working even if i was off i wont be watching it

Mrs will be watching it and I(Mr) will be working, don't think I'm going to be busy with it being a national holiday but I will work all the same

By *ojomanMan  over a year ago

Loch Lomond

"Err ok here goes, great everyone ish getting the day off, will you watch or attend? hmm who knows...I know that i run a business that has to shut down on the Friday. So 8 people do not get paid and nor do i. Is there a compensation site?

comparethewedding.com? or we buy any fish.com .... ohh no you cant cos we are getting married.

So... who has to pay staff for the day off? Nope not the Queen and ohh not the government. Err its us ....So to you getting married costs me about £1400, please be free to tell me that watching it on the tele is worth it ....

Disgruntled from Fife lol. They look a great couple but ... i am paying...."

Hi I also run a small business with 10 of us in total, is this not a voluntary holiday that you have the choice to give your employees or not?

As my staff have not had a pay rise in a couple of years due to the economic climate, business is hard at the moment I decided to be Mr nice guy and give them all the bloody day off and paid as well

I decided at cost of approx £2k it would neither make nor break me but hey I would have happy loyal staff that once they return from their 2nd long weekend holiday in a row they would be doubly productive … pauses & laughs

Anyway I’m sure you have a choice to give them the holiday or not and also a choice to then pay them or not

But I do sympathise with you as it’s hard out there and this will be tough on many small businesses, hopefully it will happen once only in my lifetime and finally no I won’t be watching it I have no bloody interest but I will enjoy the extra day off myself and go out in the boat or go fishing lol

Then again I hear some fab members have organised royal wedding orgies

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

Same here...we both work for ourselves and probably will be working on that the day too....But if we were/are off then we wont be watching the wedding.

I'm with Mojoman, I thought it was voluntary to give paid holidays, i'll need to check with Pip, she has staff I don't! (one perk lol!)

If they could guarantee the wedding would be like the link below, I may be tempted to watch.... enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEhtLug&feature=player_embedded

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Same here...we both work for ourselves and probably will be working on that the day too....But if we were/are off then we wont be watching the wedding.

I'm with Mojoman, I thought it was voluntary to give paid holidays, i'll need to check with Pip, she has staff I don't! (one perk lol!)

just watched the video its so funny xxxx

If they could guarantee the wedding would be like the link below, I may be tempted to watch.... enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEhtLug&feature=player_embedded"

By *bzguyMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen and shire

thankfully i will be out of the country!!!

i wont be watching it either im not interested in the royal family.

Even if the holiday is voluntary, the business i am in relies on transport companies and fish markets. All of which are closed.

So there is absolutely nothing i can do apart from pay people and bite the bullet.

Did they really think about small businesses when the announced the wedding to be on a week day.

Surely they could have booked a Saturday like most people.

Am just miffed ah never got an invite

bet its no sausage rolls and sannies at the buffet tae

By *lba couple1Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

work for myself, but decided to take half day. but wont be watching x

got better things to do xx

will tape it and watch on saturday

By *auradCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

It is the Paisley beer festival from Wednesday to Saturday, I and loads of Paisley buds are happy that we have been given Friday off in it's honour.

Mr d

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

"It is the Paisley beer festival from Wednesday to Saturday, I and loads of Paisley buds are happy that we have been given Friday off in it's honour.

Mr d"

Hmmmmmm! Had forgotten about that!!! will maybe monitor how busy the day gonna be and just finish early and head to the "Toon Hall" Always a great atmosphere at the Beer festival....Or is that just because Ive had too many of those lethal half pints lol!

I just wanna see her dress lol

By *assmanMan  over a year ago

dundee

is this cause we are scottish? as for days off, my boss has told us that if we have had our full holiday entitlement for this year then the day will be taken off our holiday entitlement next year, its also the queens silver jubilee next year, so i am looking at having 2 days off my entitlement already? never asked for it off.

Its the queens diamond jubilee bud the silver one was in 1977 lol but yes 2 days off yet a feckin gane lol

will be sleeping as am night shift.xx

"Am just miffed ah never got an invite

bet its no sausage rolls and sannies at the buffet tae "

that bloody postman must have nicked our invites but im working anyway. well someones got to

Mr me.

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

couldnt really care less to be honest wont change my life,i'l be working as usual

I cant wait, going to a royal wedding party during the day then a dance at night to toast our future king :D

Well for us we are looking forward to watching it If I was still in London I would go camp over night in the mall as well.

Yes Im a cockney

i think its terrible... good luck to them and all that but there are many folk who have to work, hospital staff etc who dont get the day off and plenty of people having to fork out more money on child care for that day as the bloody schools are off. im going to getr d*unk on the friday but nothing to do with the wedding

"I cant wait, going to a royal wedding party during the day then a dance at night to toast our future king :D"

Nice one. I am too. Enjoy

Well I think its terribly inconsiderate of them - its my birthday on Friday and I wont be at work to get a big piece of cake!!!

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Would be plenty complaining if they didnt make it a holiday....

Personally I dont care....

Jay's birthday too so we'll be off out celebrating.

Will record it though just to see the dress

"I just wanna see her dress lol"

Me too

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

same here i think she will be beautiful awwwwwwwwwwwww come on everyone its a couple gettin married parents are payin the bill and dont weddings cost a bomb[oooooooooooos wrong word] these days Oh by the way why is fergie no there

Oh, the Roayl Wedding, how thrilling! Personally I would be more interested in watching paint dry. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against the two of them I wish them nothing but happiness I don't see the point in watching the wedding of two people who I don't personally know and totally indifferent towards. I'd be more excited over witnessing the wedding of two people I am personal friends with or a family member. Tbh The whole hype over it is a big to do over nothing, royalty or not!

id really like to see her oot the dress tbh lol

"id really like to see her oot the dress tbh lol "

That's something we can both agree on Toby lol

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"is this cause we are scottish? as for days off, my boss has told us that if we have had our full holiday entitlement for this year then the day will be taken off our holiday entitlement next year, its also the queens silver jubilee next year, so i am looking at having 2 days off my entitlement already? never asked for it off."

Nothing to do with being scottish and everything to do with your boss being a tight ass....

Its an extra holiday....so it should be added to your holiday entitlement not taken off it....same with the jubilee...

Paisley beer fest not ticket only?

By *cotscple4funCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

[Removed by poster at 29/04/11 08:45:59]

By *cotscple4funCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

"I cant wait, going to a royal wedding party during the day then a dance at night to toast our future king :D"
where u going we looking for somewhere at night

As sad as it is...I'm watching it with my little girl...i dont like the royals, infact I think they're a waste of space lol..but I do like the spectacle of it and I remember watching diana's wedding in awe when I was only 7 so i'd like to give my daughter that memory too lol, I have the day off and i'm getting paid so happy days!

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I have an employer who doesnt even recognise many of the "established" bank holidays never mind this "one off".

Told today was a normal working day, no choice and at basic rate....the same as he made us work Boxing Day and Jan 2nd....both at flat rate!

Then he wonders why Company Loyalty is a non-starter there!

Anyway i'll give the newly wed couple 3 yrs then they'll be on here looking to spice things up LOL

Ohhh but dont Harry look like his Dad though eh?

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Who? James Hewitt?

And I think they are being a bit tight..having the evening do at Granny's house...couldnt even hire a pub or anything!

"I have an employer who doesnt even recognise many of the "established" bank holidays never mind this "one off".

Told today was a normal working day, no choice and at basic rate....the same as he made us work Boxing Day and Jan 2nd....both at flat rate!

Then he wonders why Company Loyalty is a non-starter there!

Anyway i'll give the newly wed couple 3 yrs then they'll be on here looking to spice things up LOL "

sounds a bit like where i work...

Anyway i virgin plussed it and watched it high speed fast forward. Yes she was lovely, the dress was amazing, and i wish them all the best. Good they broke with tradition in places. Heres to a thoroughly modern Royal Couple.

By *auradCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Just back from the Paisley beer festival, great night out hope laura managed to behave herself while I was out

» Add a new message to this topic