FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Gatecrash Meetup.com

Gatecrash Meetup.com

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Went for a Fab meet at the weekend, but at a meetup.com event. Great fun mixing with the muggles!

So gave me the idea of getting a whole load of Fabbers going to a meetup.com meet. I can already start to imagine the puzzlement from the 'normals' if things started to heat up!

Anyone up for it ?

....or anyone already a Fab/Meetup mixer !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Accidently stumbled into a meetup meet a few times

John

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Ok that was easy ..im confused lol what is a meetup meet

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Its an app _unkie for people to get out more an meet people socially ... Not sexually or even for dating ... You can join groups and just head along to nights / activities you fancy to get you out more and meet new people

I already go to meetup events and given it can take people a while to get the confidence to go out and meet a bunch of strangers to begin with i think it would be a bit mean for a group of fabbers to go along and use them like a social experiment

Yes, perhaps mean.

.....still tempting though !

south east

"Its an app _unkie for people to get out more an meet people socially ... Not sexually or even for dating ... You can join groups and just head along to nights / activities you fancy to get you out more and meet new people

I already go to meetup events and given it can take people a while to get the confidence to go out and meet a bunch of strangers to begin with i think it would be a bit mean for a group of fabbers to go along and use them like a social experiment "

Ahh got you now thanks girl had never heard of it xxxx

"Ok that was easy ..im confused lol what is a meetup meet "

Cheer's Bunkie, saved me asking

Lol from some of the activites going on at that meet up group I don't think we were the only non vanilla people there x

There are a number of people on fab who do both ... Maybe they like to keep both sides of their personal life separate

fab socials are carefully planned to make sure they arent "gatecrashed" or people outed or made to feel uncomfortable ... So why on earth would you want to go do those things to another group who just wanted to get out and make some new friends?

south east

"There are a number of people on fab who do both ... Maybe they like to keep both sides of their personal life separate

fab socials are carefully planned to make sure they arent "gatecrashed" or people outed or made to feel uncomfortable ... So why on earth would you want to go do those things to another group who just wanted to get out and make some new friends? "

"There are a number of people on fab who do both ... Maybe they like to keep both sides of their personal life separate

fab socials are carefully planned to make sure they arent "gatecrashed" or people outed or made to feel uncomfortable ... So why on earth would you want to go do those things to another group who just wanted to get out and make some new friends? "

We never went to make anyone feel uncomfortable, we are both sepetarly part of meet up as well just so happened we went together to this particular night. Was just a conversation about they dynamics of people and groups x

fab socials are carefully planned to make sure they arent "gatecrashed" or people outed or made to feel uncomfortable ... So why on earth would you want to go do those things to another group who just wanted to get out and make some new friends?

We never went to make anyone feel uncomfortable, we are both sepetarly part of meet up as well just so happened we went together to this particular night. Was just a conversation about they dynamics of people and groups x"

I dont doubt that it was just an "innocent" outing to one of these events when it was just the 2 of you (for want of a better way of wording it) but that does not appear to be the intent of your friends post ... Talking about getting a group together to gatecrash and seeing the reaction of the muggles when he heats things up definitely suggests going along with the intention of taking the piss

He even agreed it was mean but tempting ....

I realise and im sorry i got a bit ranty but im probably just being protective

Most people in these groups are just like people on fab going along to socials ... They just want to meet other people that like the same kind of things that they do

But some of the members are in really vulnerable places in their life when they join with very little confidence and it can take them everything they have in them to get out that door and try make it better when its so much easier to just sit at home

I think it would be a real shame if even one of those people was discouraged from coming bsck because they felt like they were the butt of a joke

I've been to many meetup groups and I think you are under-estimating people. Most people I have met at groups are not vulnerable, but just using the technology as a means for enhancing their social life.

And I don't think that in general people who attend meetup groups are in need of protection.

My original post was a bit tongue-in-cheek, I'll give you that.

[Removed by poster at 18/09/16 12:21:05]

I already said most are just there to meet people just like them

But some (and some that I know personally) are in that situation

And in the way you think i underestimate people i think you underestimate the brave face people put on that hides what can be going on underneath the surface

And people might not need protection but they definitely dont need encouraged mean girls behaviour

"I already said most are just there to meet people just like them

But some (and some that I know personally) are in that situation

And in the way you think i underestimate people i think you underestimate the brave face people put on that hides what can be going on underneath the surface

And people might not need protection but they definitely dont need encouraged mean girls behaviour "

I have to side with girlin here. No offence either OP but I've known people to come the "toungue in cheek" or "oh but it was just a joke" when something they say goes wrong to try and cover their faux pas. Fab socials wouldn't appreciate being crashed and neither would anyone else's, especially for a third parties amusement.

I'll maybe hold off on my second idea then; ...of gatecrashing mass next Sunday

"I'll maybe hold off on my second idea then; ...of gatecrashing mass next Sunday

"

Haha! You'd be struck down

I've never heard of meetup.com sounds like my kinda thing

"I'll maybe hold off on my second idea then; ...of gatecrashing mass next Sunday

"

» Add a new message to this topic