FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Giving up smoking

Giving up smoking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ugs and Junk OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bellshill

Day one and although I'm determined the old habit of 'just having a fag' is creeping in.

I'm on patches & the lozenges.

Does anyone have any good tips or a success story to spur me on?

Jugs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good luck.. i tried patches a few different times but always failed, used Champix tablets 3 years ago and ive been smoke free since then. I used to freeze grapes and when i felt an urge coming on id eat a few grapes because they were frozen they took a while to eat and the urge would dissappear

Patches and sweets or fruit for me then will power I've been smoke free nearly two hole years haven't had a single smoke but I'm an addict and still crave a smoke even thought I'm smoke free

good luck ??

Champix worked for me too. 5 years now.

Good luck!

Bellshill

Thanks everyone.

I can't take champix due to medication I take so it's the old fashioned way for me.

My fear is by the time I'm smoke free I'll be the side of a house with all the munching lol

By *igD262Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Good luck with it you can do it

By *mooth shaftMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Gave up on 15/7/15 and not one smoke or even a drag since. Went on 12 week course with local chemist and got all patches and lozenges free plus loads of support. Start with high med patches and work down. Also keep reminding yourself WHY you giving up and dont give any time to those thoughts of a smoke - do something else and keep busy. Good luck

"Thanks everyone.

I can't take champix due to medication I take so it's the old fashioned way for me.

My fear is by the time I'm smoke free I'll be the side of a house with all the munching lol"

hey I've heard some scary story's about champix causing nightmares depression and anger issuse

By *atmanhMan  over a year ago

bellshill

Vapour tank

No ciggies since 26/10/13

"Thanks everyone.

My fear is by the time I'm smoke free I'll be the side of a house with all the munching lolhey I've heard some scary story's about champix causing nightmares depression and anger issuse"

All medicines can cause side effects. Champix is no different. You just have to be aware. As the op said, it's not for her.

Works for many others

By *andl kinkycoupleCouple  over a year ago

Scotland

Best of luck Jugs. I've tried umpteen times...I just don't have the will power I've always been rubbish at giving up stuff. I commend people who give up after so many years of smoking...it ain't easy! The first week is always the hardest. Maybe try those vape things?

Lxx

Bellshill

Think my willpower just needs a boost but I'm determined so fingers crossed.

I don't want to use a vape or that because I will just end up addicted to that too I think

By *illnatMan  over a year ago

wherever i need to be

Valing for me. Not touched a real one in over two years.

wherever i need to be

"Valing for me. Not touched a real one in over two years. "

Vaping even lol

10 months smoke free now was on 20 odd a day and smoked for nearly forty years, did hypnotherapy 1 session and never felt like one since I got off the couch recomend it although different strokes and all that but good luck and stick at it xx

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Smoke free for 12 years... I just woke up one day and decided n I've never gone back, total cold turkey. Good luck Mrs

K x

Bellshill

"Smoke free for 12 years... I just woke up one day and decided n I've never gone back, total cold turkey. Good luck Mrs

K x"

Did t know you were an ex smoker x

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Smoke free for 12 years... I just woke up one day and decided n I've never gone back, total cold turkey. Good luck Mrs

K x

Did t know you were an ex smoker x"

Yep, I was a smoker for over 20 years

Kx

"Thanks everyone.

My fear is by the time I'm smoke free I'll be the side of a house with all the munching lolhey I've heard some scary story's about champix causing nightmares depression and anger issuse"

I was fine had some crazy dreams just, but like any medication though it affects people differently, im sure you have to go through your doc to be prescribed them

By *earded villainMan  over a year ago

EDINBURGH

Patches and inhalator for me . Over 6 years now and will never do so again

By *s cynicalWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

Bought yet another vape tank thingy... I can't seem to use it properly... coughing and spluttering

wherever i need to be

"Bought yet another vape tank thingy... I can't seem to use it properly... coughing and spluttering "

Be careful of the cheap ones. Go into a high street chain store such as vaporized. If you get a cheap newsagent one you won't like it. I found for the first wee while I was coughing etc but if you get decent kit and decent advice you should be ok.

glasgow

"Bought yet another vape tank thingy... I can't seem to use it properly... coughing and spluttering

Be careful of the cheap ones. Go into a high street chain store such as vaporized. If you get a cheap newsagent one you won't like it. I found for the first wee while I was coughing etc but if you get decent kit and decent advice you should be ok. "

Bought it in vaporized.... all in it cost about 90 bucks...Ive used the cheaper ones from amazon years ago when they 1st came out...

Ive turned down the strength or whatever the wee button is called to 15...the shop had set it to 40..so yep... still smoking

bellshill

"Best of luck Jugs. I've tried umpteen times...I just don't have the will power I've always been rubbish at giving up stuff. I commend people who give up after so many years of smoking...it ain't easy! The first week is always the hardest. Maybe try those vape things?

Lxx

"

You should

Go to a decent vape shop though

I smoked for 30 years. Nearly 40 a day some days

Never had a cig again after I bout tank

bellshill

"Bought yet another vape tank thingy... I can't seem to use it properly... coughing and spluttering

Be careful of the cheap ones. Go into a high street chain store such as vaporized. If you get a cheap newsagent one you won't like it. I found for the first wee while I was coughing etc but if you get decent kit and decent advice you should be ok.

Bought it in vaporized.... all in it cost about 90 bucks...Ive used the cheaper ones from amazon years ago when they 1st came out...

Ive turned down the strength or whatever the wee button is called to 15...the shop had set it to 40..so yep... still smoking "

Try emporium vapour. A couple in Glasgow and Edinburgh. Guys know their stuff and mix it on site. Get to try out different flavours and lots of different kits

wherever i need to be

Ive turned down the strength or whatever the wee button is called to 15...the shop had set it to 40..so yep... still smoking

Try emporium vapour. A couple in Glasgow and Edinburgh. Guys know their stuff and mix it on site. Get to try out different flavours and lots of different kits "

40w jings that's sub ohm territory. That's one hell of a way to start off....no wonder you are spluttering a bit.

On the vape here too.

Need more willpower though as recently I've still been buying either an 8g or 12.5g pouch of Baccy on a Friday when I get paid.

Gonna get it nipped in the bud though,regret it as soon as I have the first roll up.....tastes fucking horrible!

Good luck though,wish you more success than I!

glasgow

Try emporium vapour. A couple in Glasgow and Edinburgh. Guys know their stuff and mix it on site. Get to try out different flavours and lots of different kits

40w jings that's sub ohm territory. That's one hell of a way to start off....no wonder you are spluttering a bit. "

I have no clue.... they advised that was best for me even though I was coughing and spluttering in the shop when they set it up lol

40w jings that's sub ohm territory. That's one hell of a way to start off....no wonder you are spluttering a bit.

I have no clue.... they advised that was best for me even though I was coughing and spluttering in the shop when they set it up lol"

Probably worth doing a bit of research into the liquid you're using with it.

N would also advise having the power/wattage set as low as possible without compromising the quality of the draw.

Mines is pretty low powered at a maximum of 20 watts compared to most other set ups.

Even that is far to high for me! Just now I've got it set at only 8 watts/3.8 volts which is as low as like to have it as I still get a fairly satisfying draw at that setting.

Also worth finding out what voltage setting you're coils are rated for n make sure you don't go above it as I'd imagine that wouldn't be too good for your vape n more importantly for your lungs!

Worth looking into n finding out for yourself though as I'm certainly no authority on the subject!

glasgow

I have no clue.... they advised that was best for me even though I was coughing and spluttering in the shop when they set it up lol

N would also advise having the power/wattage set as low as possible without compromising the quality of the draw.

Mines is pretty low powered at a maximum of 20 watts compared to most other set ups.

Even that is far to high for me! Just now I've got it set at only 8 watts/3.8 volts which is as low as like to have it as I still get a fairly satisfying draw at that setting.

Also worth finding out what voltage setting you're coils are rated for n make sure you don't go above it as I'd imagine that wouldn't be too good for your vape n more importantly for your lungs!

Worth looking into n finding out for yourself though as I'm certainly no authority on the subject! "

Arrgggh!!! I dunno... they told me the coils can be for 40+ ... im trying 15 watts or it could be volts? I normally smoke Mayfair or club so apparently this should be way less than im used to...who knows... I'll keep trying.... maybe lol

Worth looking into n finding out for yourself though as I'm certainly no authority on the subject!

Arrgggh!!! I dunno... they told me the coils can be for 40+ ... im trying 15 watts or it could be volts? I normally smoke Mayfair or club so apparently this should be way less than im used to...who knows... I'll keep trying.... maybe lol"

Haha fair dos!

I'd imagine it will be watts.

As for the coughing n spluttering,it could just be that your lungs have still to get used to the different nicotine medium.

Only other thing I could suggest would be to take smaller drags.

Hell,mine still catches my throat if I take too big a draw!

Good luck anyway

The nicorette inhalator is a great alternative when coming off smoking. I also use a vape too.

Good luck.

bellshill

Arrgggh!!! I dunno... they told me the coils can be for 40+ ... im trying 15 watts or it could be volts? I normally smoke Mayfair or club so apparently this should be way less than im used to...who knows... I'll keep trying.... maybe lol"

Try turning it lower. I'm using at 10w 4.2 V

Lot smoother. A lot depends on liquid

By *ackan1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Vap is the way to go. I know make my own juice and sell them to peeps in work also.

Also make my own coils so cost me pence to vap now.

If you don't mind waiting 3 weeks for delivery check out fasttech they much cheaper then the shops ( some smaller shops buy from this website). I would recommend smok alien 220w and smok tfv 8 baby or big baby tank.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I once tried the patches . . they didn't work . I couldn't get the bloody things to light.

Bellshill

Update:

Think I'm allergic to the patches! Came out in a rash where they've been stuck on.

Had 5 fags today too.

Not a good day lol

By *igD262Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Hi do not be to hard on yourself small steps at time try and have only 4 tomorrow if you got have any good lucky

wherever i need to be

Yeh sounds like you have a sub ohm tank and coils. They shouldn't have started you on that. What liquid did they give you? What percentage vg and pg is it and more importantly what percentage nicotine. If your a 20 a day smoker I would start at about 12mg nicotine or slightly higher and work down. I'm now on 3mg nicotine.

bellshill

"Update:

Think I'm allergic to the patches! Came out in a rash where they've been stuck on.

Had 5 fags today too.

Not a good day lol "

Stop using them if bring on a rash

Bellshill

Vape bought today. Fingers crossed

By *ackan1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Vape bought today. Fingers crossed "

Good luck if you need any help with vap/liquid you can pm me.

Bellshill

"Vape bought today. Fingers crossed

Good luck if you need any help with vap/liquid you can pm me. "

Cheers but the guy in the shop was really good so I'm all sorted

I used vaping to ween myself off the cigs. I still vape bur with 0 nicotine.

Two years now since I quit

Bellshill

"I used vaping to ween myself off the cigs. I still vape bur with 0 nicotine.

Two years now since I quit "

"I used vaping to ween myself off the cigs. I still vape bur with 0 nicotine.

Two years now since I quit

"

All the best to you. You'll notice such a difference in your health and wallet

l found it quite easy to give up tobacco. l think it's genes. My dad was the same.

Try going on one of those vaper things and every week or day, cut down your dose. The ritual is the hardest thing to give up.

» Add a new message to this topic