FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Timewasters

Timewasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just had a wee convo in chat about the rising number of people that don't turn up for meets and how to deal with them. Here's just a wee suggestion and all your comments would be appreciated - perhaps admin may take on board some of our ideas...

I would propose that when joining the Site you're given a "star". If Admin then receives say 2 reports of any person (profile) not turning up the star is then removed. Its not a perfect solution as I'm aware that people make up new profiles for various reasons (and not always good reasons)but it would avoid naming and shaming as only Admin would know who reported the non-attendance but it would let people viewing a profile know at a glance if the person was likely to turn up for a meet or not.

What do you think ??

Roxy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Just had a wee convo in chat about the rising number of people that don't turn up for meets and how to deal with them. Here's just a wee suggestion and all your comments would be appreciated - perhaps admin may take on board some of our ideas...

I would propose that when joining the Site you're given a "star". If Admin then receives say 2 reports of any person (profile) not turning up the star is then removed. Its not a perfect solution as I'm aware that people make up new profiles for various reasons (and not always good reasons)but it would avoid naming and shaming as only Admin would know who reported the non-attendance but it would let people viewing a profile know at a glance if the person was likely to turn up for a meet or not.

What do you think ??

Brilliant idea foxy hun it really is time timewasters were clamped down on especially if ppl r going to an expence of booking rooms have heard of so many ppl left high n dry in hotel rooms after no shows end left with the expence of paying for it too when the other party have said theyd share hotel costs xxxx

luv jacs

xxxxx

Roxy"

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

[Removed by poster at 29/07/09 10:46:38]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

roxy hun gd idea..they do the star thing on local swingers..the more ur stars go up ..then ur ok lol only goes up to 5 stars tho an if ur no gd then u lose stars xx

By *1cebren4uWoman  over a year ago

clydebank

"Just had a wee convo in chat about the rising number of people that don't turn up for meets and how to deal with them. Here's just a wee suggestion and all your comments would be appreciated - perhaps admin may take on board some of our ideas...

What do you think ??

Roxy"

Well thought of hun somit should be done about this not that it has ever happend to me but like you im sick of hearing about all the bad goings on that ppl do to one another and its about time it stopped.

So maybe the star system might work if ppl see somit against your name they will want to arrange meets with ppl they can trust but at the same time there are always two sides to a story about why ppl have to cancell at the last min . I dont know never had it done to me YET lol .

brenny xxxxxxx

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Think it's a good idea in principle, but kinda difficult to police/verify.

As mentioned above, there's two sides to every story.

The bigger problem (i think) is that you'd get the usual tossers, losers and people who have been rejected for a meet saying "we had a meet arranged and x didnt show, they should lose a star.."

How does the site/anyone know if thats true or not...?

Just my 2p worth.

wasnt too sure if we could post an answer as youv blocked us but this is something we had a quick chat about together a few nights ago.

this is a good idea, we were let down by 5 people in a row, put it down to bad luck but it was awful.

The star system would be great, but in a way could be an intimidating thing for people new to the swinging scene, i know that we would have been a few years ago if we were contacted by a five star rated hardened swinger..

we really believe face pics should be in the private gallery, as its a small verification in its own xxx

would leave the site open for folks to air grievances with others by reporting "non meets" just because they dont like someone else.

personally i like to rely on my personal judgement regards playmates and its served me relatively well i think x

At the risk of getting myself banned from fab, I know that I have friends on fab and that generally we will discuss meets.

If someone has not turned up, then it's possible I might tell some of my close friends, and if they decided to pass this information on to other people then that's really up to them.

As for newbies there really is no way to tell. Sadly, there is just the usual phone call that should really be made to make sure they are the correct gender etc etc.

By *entscotscplCouple  over a year ago

falkirk ish

the subject of time wasters is evident in all swing sites

we have all had more than our fair share of them , as in the couple that phones to say we are on our way etc.

to the couples that say sorry we cant get a sitter this week but deffo meet you,s next week etc etc think we have all heard it all

we think the star system is a good idea

but !!!!!! would that not be open to abuse ?? as in people being accused off time wasting , lose thier stars etc

with no right to reply or defend

we think we just have to live with it and word of mouth is the best advertising any peeps can get

word does spread re peeps that continualy let other genuine people down!!!!!!!

I think that a strict definition of timewasting would also need to be made if something like this was put in place. A lot of people seem to think that talking to them for awhile and then not wanting to meet them is timewasting, whereas I would say that a timewaster is strictly someone who says they're going to meet and doesn't show up.

yip im with you babe.

everyone has there diffrent oppinions of "timewasters" ours is someone who arranges a time /place and then dosnt show on the night..if a call to say sorry cant make it then fair enuf least they done that.we have a small family so know how hard it is to get away.

as for the star rating good idea but think it would open up abuse.

i find "word of mouth" better nothing like friends letting you know about someone and its up to us to say yes or no.

my bit xx auds xx

By *entscotscplCouple  over a year ago

falkirk ish

this could be the never ending story lol

we forgot to add in our last posting that the cpl that couldnt get a sitter

called us on the friday to say that sat was deffo on for a meet , so we sat in waiting and waiting, we tried to call them but sorry this mobile may be turned off

best wishes r n l xx

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I do think that this system could be open to abuse. But i do not think that this should mean we don't try and sort the problem. Its not much to ask that if something comes up a text be sent letting the other person/people know that you're unable to make a meet. However, some don't and they're spoiling the fun for the majority of decent well-mannered members, some of whom are leaving the site (sadly) because they're sick of timewasters - I don't have a definative answer but I'm sure there must be some way to sort this

I think the whole timewasters thing is something that will run and run.....

We have been very lucky as no one who said they would meet hasn't showed, in some cases people have called to cancel and that a different thing, we all have lives outside swinging.

Maybe it just comes with the turf and we should move on, I do think attending socials and chattin in the room does cut down on the possible no shows.

Just ma tupance worth (Malc that is).

Anyway happy swinging - and if u a cpl and u have a no show u could always play with each other

"I think the whole timewasters thing is something that will run and run.....

We have been very lucky as no one who said they would meet hasn't showed, in some cases people have called to cancel and that a different thing, we all have lives outside swinging.

Maybe it just comes with the turf and we should move on, I do think attending socials and chattin in the room does cut down on the possible no shows.

Just ma tupance worth (Malc that is).

Anyway happy swinging - and if u a cpl and u have a no show u could always play with each other "

play with each other....are u crazy???? we have set days and times for that not gonna do it willy nilly lol

Funny enough Tands - ma Trac just said the same thing lol xxxx

Maybe a should have asked first xxxx

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

A star rating system for timewasters would always be up for abuse from people who maybe don’t get on with the person they have just reported for instance! Also who would confirm to Admin that there was ever a meet organised in the first place?

Surely the time needed by Admin to look into a report on a ‘non-show’ would be better spent on other things that don’t have 3 sides to the story.... The reporter’s, the person’s who has been reported and finally the truth which is always somewhere in the middle of the other 2!

As was said on another forum about naming and shaming..... One person's timewasting is another person's change of plans..... Adding to that, it is not always possible to get in touch with the person you are meant to be meeting, they will also have a life outside of swinging and maybe don’t always take the ‘swing phone’ out shopping, etc or don’t have it switched on when their kids, etc are around and emergencies do crop up.

Just my tuppence worth to a debate that has been and always will be around in swinging!

why stars when av got a gun lol lol

» Add a new message to this topic