FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Vaping

Vaping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ugs and Junk OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bellshill

Trying to give up smoking and giving the vape another go.

Does anyone have any tips for sticking to the vape as my willpower is shockingly poor. Mr has taken to it really well and I'm struggling.

I've just switched from tobacco flavour to fruits in a bid for more success.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Blueberry Menthol from iBaccy os my favourite Vape oil and has kept me off the "Harry Rags" for nearly 4 months now. The Mrs has gone for Summer Fruits. It does feel weird vaping for a couple of weeks, I would say perservere

Keep at it, different at first....

Have confidence in your kit and always make sure you have enough liquid. Especially when heading to a night out... That way you don't get tempted to buy cigarettes because 'your battery won't last the night' or 'you'll run out of liquid'

You'll either end up smoking or looking for something else to sook

Good luck

Bellshill

Thanks I'm trying, very trying my bf would probably say lol

Just feel I'm getting a really dry mouth with it too

"Thanks I'm trying, very trying my bf would probably say lol

Just feel I'm getting a really dry mouth with it too"

Haha bet the bf would help with the dry mouth

Try changing the flavour of the liquid..

If you ever go back in the fags give me a shout.... guy with a smoking fetish here.

Only messing best of luck to you! It may be tough but better for you in the long run.

I do have a smoking fetish though lol x

I tried to stop smoking loads of times over the years but always went back. It was unbelievablly difficult to keep up. Then one evening I just decided not to.

I stayed out of the pub for a few months and I've not had a single craving since. Easiest thing I've ever done but no idea why.

I've come to the conclusion that all previous attempts to stop were because I should and the last attempt was because I wanted to.

Might be an idea to go to cessation classes or hypnotherapy to get into the right frame of mind for the long term.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

change the pg/vg quality and tone down nic content.

Hypnosis that worked for me 40 yrs smoking and stopped after a one hour session too easy xx

Bellshill

"Hypnosis that worked for me 40 yrs smoking and stopped after a one hour session too easy xx"

Cheers but I tried hypnosis and it didn't work for me

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Cold turkey worked for me... just decided one day after previously trying and failing many times. About 14 years now

K x

By *atmanhMan  over a year ago

bellshill

"Trying to give up smoking and giving the vape another go.

Does anyone have any tips for sticking to the vape as my willpower is shockingly poor. Mr has taken to it really well and I'm struggling.

I've just switched from tobacco flavour to fruits in a bid for more success. "

By *atmanhMan  over a year ago

bellshill

Try something with vanilla in. I go to emporium vapour lots to try

By *atexcitizenxMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I was a 20 a day smoker for about 15 years. Been a vaper for about 5 now.

Started on the ones that looked like ciggies. They weren't much good, but I got some satisfaction and I was sick of the smoke and the prices.

There's so many variables with vaping - from the kit you use, the tank, coils and batteries, the thickness and strength of the the liquid you puff, to the strength of nicotine you imbibe...

It can take a while to get a set up and routine that's as easy, satisfying and reliable as a 20 deck from the corner shop and a disposable lighter. And it's unlikely you'll find a cheap-ish option that is as simply as the fags. For best results, it's akin to switching from stoagies to a pipe.

It took me a couple of years to get my vaping organised and I've changed my kit several times since. That can be costly, buying stuff to try or upgrading your set up. However, in the long run, it's definitely worth it, both for your health and bank balance.

I'm no doctor or scientist, but I'm convinced smoking is very, very bad for your health, it is predominantly the nicotine addiction that drives the habit, and vaping offers by far the best substitute to the experience, cheaper, and less harmfully.

The flavours to me are a bit of a gimmick. I've tried many, and there are lot's of nice ones, but my everyday vape is a "tobacco". Even with the tobacco flavours it does take a little while to adjust to the sweetness of vaping that simply isn't present with smoke. However, for me it has been finding a decent device to vape with that has been the key.

The dry mouth thing I can recognise. I think some mixes of liquid dehydrate you more than others. I probably drink more water and tea than I did before. But, that's maybe a good thing.

As for your willpower. Take the pressure off yourself a bit. Fags will always be there for an emergency urge, just keep searching for the perfect vape. There's loads of options, one will hit the spot!

I ain't had a smoke in years now. Never think of sparking up. Nasty, filthy, dangerous and expensive habit!

Glasgow

"Cold turkey worked for me... just decided one day after previously trying and failing many times. About 14 years now

K x"

Aye about 14 years ago I said you could move in with me if you gave up smoking haha

John

You need to try lots of flavours until you find one you truly like and even then if you still struggle, try getting liquid with a stronger nicotine content.

I use a lung vape, if the nicotine content is less than 4mg then I crave cigs still, 5 or 6mg and I'm fine. Caramel flavour I really love at the moment, mix it myself.

Glasgow

"Cold turkey worked for me... just decided one day after previously trying and failing many times. About 14 years now

K x

Aye about 14 years ago I said you could move in with me if you gave up smoking haha

John "

Please... you k1dnapped me

K x

Smoke the pink instead sure Mr will help you enjoy

» Add a new message to this topic