FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Driving pet hates!

Driving pet hates!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had an awful journey on A74 yesterday with lots of surface water and guys doing 90mph through the deluge. Scary. So what's your pet hate?

Mine is tailgating and cutting other drivers up. It's bad manners and can be intimidating too.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Women drivers

( rrrrrruuuunnnssss for cover in joking honest )

E.K . Glasgow

I'm

By *layingitcoolMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

Middle lane hoggers and people texting give me the rage when I'm on my motorbike

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Women doing make up at the wheel

Like hold on till I fix my tie while driving

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

"Had an awful journey on A74 yesterday with lots of surface water and guys doing 90mph through the deluge. Scary. So what's your pet hate?

Mine is tailgating and cutting other drivers up. It's bad manners and can be intimidating too."

This is just crazy.

Don't know if the person driving at 90mph in heavy rain thinks he's invisible or something.

Should drive to the conditions etc.

Don't like it when people just drive way faster than they should be, weaving from one lane to another.

People who when entering motorway decide to go from on-ramp right to fast lane in one go, no indication.

And when coming off the motorway I've seen the opposite happen, heavy braking from fast lane to off-ramp, no indication etc.

Linwood

Yea, a LOT of people always seem to be in a big hurry.

Leave earlier or something.

I'm like only 3miles/10min drive to my work.

But I leave an HOUR before my shift starts.

Cause I like to get to work early, read a newspaper and have a coffee, sod all that in at last minute.

"Women drivers

( rrrrrruuuunnnssss for cover in joking honest ) "

What about when you drive in a frock?

People who overtake you, then cut across in front to get to a slip road, instead if just dropping behind. It's rarely someone who suddenly realises that it's their turn off, more usually some knob jockey in hot hatch.

"People who overtake you, then cut across in front to get to a slip road, instead if just dropping behind. It's rarely someone who suddenly realises that it's their turn off, more usually some knob jockey in hot hatch."

Men,and it nearly always is Men, who think it's a great idea to jump a long queue of traffic at lane closures by tearing up the outside lane and then pull into the queue at the last moment because some damned fool takes pity on them. Don't. It only encourages them to keep doing it.

By *mberbCouple  over a year ago

Lothians

Never in a hurry here and drive even slower with tailgaters behind me. as for 90 through water that's stupid like said above drive to conditions. My pet hate is people that don't indicate

Linwood

"Never in a hurry here and drive even slower with tailgaters behind me. as for 90 through water that's stupid like said above drive to conditions. My pet hate is people that don't indicate "

Yea.

If heavy rain I'll sit at 50mph maybe even less if torrential.

Better safe than sorry.

Hate driving too fast, makes me feel uncomfortable.

Stupid boy racers also, noisy cars, trying to show off, if you do that too much it's inevitable you'll end up a cropper.

"People who overtake you, then cut across in front to get to a slip road, instead if just dropping behind. It's rarely someone who suddenly realises that it's their turn off, more usually some knob jockey in hot hatch.

Men,and it nearly always is Men, who think it's a great idea to jump a long queue of traffic at lane closures by tearing up the outside lane and then pull into the queue at the last moment because some damned fool takes pity on them. Don't. It only encourages them to keep doing it.

"

Yep that really annoyings me. Bunch of chancers

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

"People who overtake you, then cut across in front to get to a slip road, instead if just dropping behind. It's rarely someone who suddenly realises that it's their turn off, more usually some knob jockey in hot hatch.

"

That pisses me off too

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Never in a hurry here and drive even slower with tailgaters behind me. as for 90 through water that's stupid like said above drive to conditions. My pet hate is people that don't indicate

Yea.

Better safe than sorry.

Stupid boy racers also, noisy cars, trying to show off, if you do that too much it's inevitable you'll end up a cropper."

Yea and the cars that are up your rear in the heavy rain. I'm just glad their wee corsa doesn't go above my bumper.

Linwood

"Never in a hurry here and drive even slower with tailgaters behind me. as for 90 through water that's stupid like said above drive to conditions. My pet hate is people that don't indicate

Yea.

Better safe than sorry.

Stupid boy racers also, noisy cars, trying to show off, if you do that too much it's inevitable you'll end up a cropper.

Yea and the cars that are up your rear in the heavy rain. I'm just glad their wee corsa doesn't go above my bumper."

Tailgating is dangerous.

I leave a big gap between me and the car infront when I'm on motorway.

Normally I sit between 55-60mph.

"Men,and it nearly always is Men, who think it's a great idea to jump a long queue of traffic at lane closures by tearing up the outside lane and then pull into the queue at the last moment because some damned fool takes pity on them. Don't. It only encourages them to keep doing it.

I NEVER let them in. They had the same warnings as me.

"

By *owboy BebopMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I seen a hackney driver, reading the paper (folded in half over his steering wheel) in Glasgow CC this morning. Dangerous & Very Dumb !

Middle lane hogging. Approaching Glasgow on the M8 from Edinburgh, there's a pristine inside lane cos no bugger ever uses it.

Linwood

"I seen a hackney driver, reading the paper (folded in half over his steering wheel) in Glasgow CC this morning. Dangerous & Very Dumb ! "

Should be hit with a fine + 3 penalty points.

Noisy motorbikes tearing past you at an alarming rate and scaring the crap out of you.

Last time it happened to me, I woke with such a fright I spilled my pint

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

After driving in London for so many years, I can honestly say Glasgow drivers are way more courteous and safe.

However, I still hate the tailgaters or those hogging the middle lane at less than 50mph of motorway when the first lane is empty.

E.K . Glasgow

"Women drivers

( rrrrrruuuunnnssss for cover in joking honest )

What about when you drive in a frock?"

The clothes don't maketh ( me ) the woman .

The A9 when you have HGV's restricted to 50mph and some rubbernut (on the single lane sections) driving up the lorries arse in a car because he wants to get back to 70mph and he's playing "peekaboo" waiting for the opportunity to overtake!

driving behind really slow people when your in a hurry lol

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

People who park over the line in parking bays taking two parking spaces grrrrrr

People that don't indicate really annoys me, it's not difficult to put it on

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

Yea.

Better safe than sorry.

Yea and the cars that are up your rear in the heavy rain. I'm just glad their wee corsa doesn't go above my bumper.

Tailgating is dangerous.

Normally I sit between 55-60mph."

Drivers that sit at these speeds only cause congestion, too slow to pass lgv's and only cause long tail backs, in turn creating frustration, in turn resulting in crashes!

By *illnatMan  over a year ago

wherever i need to be

Those who believe they have the right to leave a slip lane to enter the motorway / dual carriageway and expect you to get out the way. If I recall you should attempt to reach motorway speed on a slip but if you can't you have to slow down not just push in.

Also indicators are not just a fashion accessory and should be used when needed.

Linwood

Yea.

Better safe than sorry.

Tailgating is dangerous.

Drivers that sit at these speeds only cause congestion, too slow to pass lgv's and only cause long tail backs, in turn creating frustration, in turn resulting in crashes!"

Never caused any tailbacks or congestion at 55-60mph.

And certainly never been pulled by cops complaining about my speed.

Never had any other drivers venting there frustrations etc

People who drive in the near dark or pissing rain with no headlights on.

"People who park over the line in parking bays taking two parking spaces grrrrrr"

Grrrrr indeed Ms Nawty and a double grrrrrr to those selfish individuals who deliberately park leaving insufficient space front and rear for other vehicles. I know some have never found the reverse gear since passing their test. Hanging is too good for them....getting a bit carried away now

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

Yea.

Better safe than sorry.

Tailgating is dangerous.

Drivers that sit at these speeds only cause congestion, too slow to pass lgv's and only cause long tail backs, in turn creating frustration, in turn resulting in crashes!

Never had any other drivers venting there frustrations etc"

Check your rear view mirror, it's the one you use to apply your lippy

"People who drive in the near dark or pissing rain with no headlights on."

This, and people who use fog lights in clear visibility.

Linwood

Yea.

Better safe than sorry.

Tailgating is dangerous.

Never had any other drivers venting there frustrations etc

Check your rear view mirror, it's the one you use to apply your lippy "

You must have seen me in my pink Renault Clio, I've been caught.

By *xplorer13Man  over a year ago

glenrothes

Motor cyclists driving into our village like mad people then, riding as if they are warming their tyres up, you know side to side.... for fucks sake grow up! Your not at Brands Hatch... your driving towards Glenrothes. Think once think twice then see a total wanker on a bike, oh a one the revs the fuck out of it as it dips the clutch... you wear a full helmet for a reason, your fucking ugly but by doing all the above shit then people look at you ..... that may have been a rant ....

By *mberbCouple  over a year ago

Lothians

"People who park over the line in parking bays taking two parking spaces grrrrrr"
I do this all time as spaces are to small

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

For all those complaints about motorway driving, I'll just say single track roads.

They are even worse for ignorant and inconsiderate drivers.

People who merge 2 miles ahead of a lane closure and do not understand the concept of merging at turn and stop people from actually following the Highway Code and create unnecessary tail backs !

By *ommickMan  over a year ago

ayr

I get. Annoyed when ladies don't flash me When they pass me by....

"People who park over the line in parking bays taking two parking spaces grrrrrr I do this all time as spaces are to small "

There's a guy with a new silver merc who always straddles two lanes at our local supermarket car park...I'm waiting on someone putting a note.on his windscreen. It's a huge car park so not sure why he needs to do this tbh

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"People who merge 2 miles ahead of a lane closure and do not understand the concept of merging at turn and stop people from actually following the Highway Code and create unnecessary tail backs !"

Yes!!

Drivers that dont check for motorbikes twice, especially on roundabouts, came around a roundabout mearly two months ago wearing all my high vis gear, indicated to come off at my exit and a landrover pulled out in front of me, slammed straight into the side of it foot nearly getting trapped under the wheel, the thing that pissed me off the most? The bike was 4 days old and it was written off

"Men,and it nearly always is Men, who think it's a great idea to jump a long queue of traffic at lane closures by tearing up the outside lane and then pull into the queue at the last moment because some damned fool takes pity on them. Don't. It only encourages them to keep doing it.

I hope you are not referring to those that read the signs and then merge in turn (zip merging) at the closure as instructed instead of changing lanes at the 800m warning sign and then blocking up the road with a single lane traffic jam!

"

By *astmeetswest77Couple  over a year ago

monmouth

My dad

Instead of concentrating on driving he's too busy complaining about other drivers.

I also don't like drivers that think I'm not entitled to do 60mph and listen to talk sport

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

I hate (and ironically get angry at) angry drivers. You know the people that lose the rag over the slightest thing not going their way. People who beep their horn for absolutely no reason.

People that don't indicate are my worst . I used to be bad for the people that rammed up my arse . i used to Fuck the breaks on and then put the boot downand watch them go away in the distance . Teaches them a lesson . Expected someone to chase me or hit me 1 day ...Whoops Was quiet an agressive driver at the young age

"People who merge 2 miles ahead of a lane closure and do not understand the concept of merging at turn and stop people from actually following the Highway Code and create unnecessary tail backs !"

You know you are fibbing. You know I touched a raw nerve. You are that queue jumper! You Sir are the recipient of the Grrrr Award

"People who merge 2 miles ahead of a lane closure and do not understand the concept of merging at turn and stop people from actually following the Highway Code and create unnecessary tail backs !

You know you are fibbing. You know I touched a raw nerve. You are that queue jumper! You Sir are the recipient of the Grrrr Award

"

Google it - there are instructions to use all lanes until turn - after that "zip" merging is advised at a given point.

Not doing this and those who prevent those from following the proper road directions are in the wrong I'm afraid(and the creators of undue delays)

By *eADevilCouple  over a year ago

Blantyre

Yea.

Better safe than sorry.

Tailgating is dangerous.

Drivers that sit at these speeds only cause congestion, too slow to pass lgv's and only cause long tail backs, in turn creating frustration, in turn resulting in crashes!"

Rubbish !! What causes congestion is number of cars not speed what you mean is guys like you going faster braking HARDER to when arriving behind the 50 driver and the knock on effect of drivers reacting to your hard braking

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

People that don't indicate.

People that sit in the middle lane of the motorway. (Predominantly women - sorry to be a traitor)

People that brake when the see they are approaching a speed camera and then drive at 24 mph!

"People who merge 2 miles ahead of a lane closure and do not understand the concept of merging at turn and stop people from actually following the Highway Code and create unnecessary tail backs !

Google it - there are instructions to use all lanes until turn - after that "zip" merging is advised at a given point.

Not doing this and those who prevent those from following the proper road directions are in the wrong I'm afraid(and the creators of undue delays)"

Not buying it. You know you sail by long lines of stationary traffic right up to the cones with the nearside indicator blinking looking to bully your way to the front of the queue. Just repent and desist. Mend your ways. Life is too short to piss off 600 people a minute. You know it makes sense.

By *ewshyTV/TS  over a year ago

falkirk

pet hate is when on motorway, want to move across to let someone come off a slip road onto motorway, but cant because someone is doing 100 + mph on outside lane,

Not doing this and those who prevent those from following the proper road directions are in the wrong I'm afraid(and the creators of undue delays)

Not buying it. You know you sail by long lines of stationary traffic right up to the cones with the nearside indicator blinking looking to bully your way to the front of the queue. Just repent and desist. Mend your ways. Life is too short to piss off 600 people a minute. You know it makes sense.

"

Google is your friend - I'm afraid it's the right way. Hence signs saying "use all lanes" and "merge at turn"!

If people did this traffic would flow better

Google is your friend - I'm afraid it's the right way. Hence signs saying "use all lanes" and "merge at turn"!

If people did this traffic would flow better"

https://www.rac.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?8719-Queue-jumping-when-lanes-merge

"

There is a difference between queue jumping and actually merging!

My issue is with people who merge, and create tail backs well ahead of the merge at turn point!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/general-rules-techniques-and-advice-for-all-drivers-and-riders-103-to-158

Rule 134

You should follow the signs and road markings and get into the lane as directed. In congested road conditions do not change lanes unnecessarily. Merging in turn is recommended but only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed, e.g. when approaching road works or a road traffic incident. It is not recommended at high speed.

"As directed"

So not 2 miles / 800 m when signs still say "use both lanes"

But at the merging point

I'm not advocating screaming up to the end and shoving either - that also isn't merging

There is a difference between queue jumping and actually merging!

My issue is with people who merge, and create tail backs well ahead of the merge at turn point!"

I will take your word for it. But unless there is a big bright "Merge in Turn" sign the emphasis is on caution

By *anky-pankyMan  over a year ago

Cumbernauld

Driving down the road and in the distance they walk up to the pedestrian crossing press the button, look around and cross.

By the time you reach the crossing the red light and the green Man is on and they are 100 yards up the road...

By the time it goes to green they are 200 yards on.

If they press the button they should have to wait.

And cyclists in big convoy's that no one can pass and never pull in....

At least tractor drivers have more consideration.

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple  over a year ago

markinch

Hate when you cum on the steering wheel. Can be quite distractive lol

Folk that can't drive or don't react or respond to blue lights

"Hate when you cum on the steering wheel. Can be quite distractive lol "

Especially when you are waiting at the lights in St Vincent Street

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

OMG where do i start ....in fact its better i dont start ..ohh and as for indicating ..stuff that!!! it only wears the bulbs out

I hate when there is too much brown sauce on your bacon roll, your driving along eating it on one hand and drinking your tea with the other, whilst steering with your knee and a big dollop of sauce drips onto your leg, bloody heck what a mess

Driving behid Bunkie

People not indicating at round abouts and sat there for ages is my main one.

The other main one pedestrians walking out onto road as if there is an invisible zebra crossing and giving you that look as if you are in the wrong

Drivers who wear bunnets.

You just know they are driving by braille

People who don't let busses out. Can one person in a car have a greater need than a bus full of people?

Bus drivers who think drivers are telepathic, and only start indicating when you've had to brake when they pull out.

I might add. I haven't been on a bus for 10 years!

I hate the drivers on the motorway who when overtaking me cut me up by looking in the wrong mirror, i.e. their wing mirror instead of their rear view mirror which allows more room between me and car overtaking me !!!

People that dont know what idicators are for... approaching an empty roundabout and stopping when there is nothing on it. Being stuck behind someone who does 30 on a slip road joining motorway.

Just all of the aforementioned.

I think i have road rage

By *argaidMan  over a year ago

glasgow

I can't fathom the film who sit at a crossroads or T-junction without indicating but sit in a filter lane doing so when there's only one way they can be going.

People who come up the outside lane to a roundabout then take the first exit, cutting across folk going straight ahead.

glasgow

*folk, not film. See this typing whilst driving? It's quite tricky, really.

Other car drivers, lorries, buses, cyclists, motorbikes, vans, cyclists, hgv vehicles (all classes) cyclists, Emergency vehicles ... did I mention cyclists

I want to know when it's open season on cyclists.

By *aelawMan  over a year ago

Paisley

Driving north this evening and wanted to voice my dislike for the following that happened on the A9 between Perth and Inverness.

Cars going slow on Single Carriageway (50 mph) when it's 60mph and average speed so you can get away with 66mph. Oh and before I go on there is no need to slow down to 60 for each camera, it's not a normal camera, it reads your number plate and calculates the time it takes you to the next camera. Ok, so anyway, when it gets to the dual carriageway section this car speeds up. I get to 78 and this car is still pulling away quickly so must be up at 85 at least. Gets to the end and it slows back down to 50. Now that is w problem I myself but when I overtake at the first availability why then do you insist on sticking full beam on and leaving it on.....anyhoo off to drink alcohol.

Being a cyclist and a car driver I'm more wary of cyclists when driving my car and that's what car drivers should be aware of instead of criticising cyclists !!!

"Being a cyclist and a car driver I'm more wary of cyclists when driving my car and that's what car drivers should be aware of instead of criticising cyclists !!!"

To be fair, I don't hate cyclists, my post was meant humorously. However, I do hate that our roads are poorly maintained and the powers that be seem hell bent on strangling traffic. In regard to cyclists, our roads are not geared to suit them (unlike many European countries). My biggest gripe is if I (as a car driver) behaved the way most (not all) of them do on the road I'd be prosecuted. Running red lights, speed minus, pulling out without checking or indicating and a host of other things. Cyclists can go on our roads with no test whatsoever, makes no sense to me

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

bikeabilityscotland

Done at school when kids are able to drive a non motorised road vehicle..... kinda proves the point that bad drivers blame cyclists for not knowing the rule of the road or whatever it is called....

Having seen those driving cars round Glasgow. I do wonder if they passed their driving test with a blowjob..

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I've seen two cyclists nearly collide with each other as they both crossed the junction going through the lights as they did so.

Drivers not using their indicators.

Throwing rubbish, cigarettes out of their window.

Cutting people up without signalling.

Moving in to the gap you've left to be a safe distance behind the vehicle in front.

Inconsiderate parking including right outside my house!

Drivers not pulling over for the emergency services.

Rubbernecking at an accident and causing a tailback and another accident at times

Other people's 70 mph seems to be faster than mine!

Going through lights

Not using headlights when it's dark

A little courtesy goes a long way.

"I've seen two cyclists nearly collide with each other as they both crossed the junction going through the lights as they did so.

Drivers not using their indicators.

Throwing rubbish, cigarettes out of their window.

Cutting people up without signalling.

Moving in to the gap you've left to be a safe distance behind the vehicle in front.

Inconsiderate parking including right outside my house!

Drivers not pulling over for the emergency services.

Rubbernecking at an accident and causing a tailback and another accident at times

Other people's 70 mph seems to be faster than mine!

Going through lights

Not using headlights when it's dark

A little courtesy goes a long way. "

This

There are good and bad everywhere in everything.

"People that don't indicate really annoys me, it's not difficult to put it on "

This as both a driver and a pedestrian!

"Being a cyclist and a car driver I'm more wary of cyclists when driving my car and that's what car drivers should be aware of instead of criticising cyclists !!!"

A lot of cyclists could help themselves if they wore hi viz. Some folk have no sense of self preservation.

"Being a cyclist and a car driver I'm more wary of cyclists when driving my car and that's what car drivers should be aware of instead of criticising cyclists !!!

A lot of cyclists could help themselves if they wore hi viz. Some folk have no sense of self preservation."

A lot of cyclists would help themselves if they didn't do stupid things, and remember that motor vehicles are big, powerful, heavy things that can hurt you, if the stupid things you do put you in their way.

If they want to use the road, They should pay road tax and buy insurance, and protective gear should be compulsory.

Oh, and before any cyclists say that they pay road tax and have insurance for their car, the important part of that is FOR THEIR CAR. If I had two cars, I have to cover both, and so should they, car and bike.

I also object to the proposals to bring in strict liability on drivers who have accidents involving cyclists. If they do something stupid, why should I pay?

Don't get me started on bikers...

E.K . Glasgow

I try to give cyclists room especially if traffic is busy , why when I've given them at least 6 feet of space do they then cycle in the 2 feet between me and the kerb .

18mph in a 30...whats all that about and people who cannot circumnavigate a roundabout....grrr

Folk not using their indicators when turning.

So basically your telepathic or have to guess where their going.

Boy racers.

Bus drivers who think they own the road and always have right of way.

Road works.

Hate traffic cones.

"I try to give cyclists room especially if traffic is busy , why when I've given them at least 6 feet of space do they then cycle in the 2 feet between me and the kerb .

"

By *is vixen at playCouple  over a year ago

Dundee

Slow drivers, ones that drive Slow, ones that check 100 times at junction/roundabout before moving. And the ones that seem scared of oncoming traffic and slow even further if think no room when they got plenty.

By *ilveryFoxMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

General fucking idiots that just can't read a road.

So glad the festival is over as I hate driving in Edinburgh at this time

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

Folk that sit at 50 on A roads and motorways in broad daylight with miles of visability In dry conditions. Code says drive to the conditions,not what you feel comfortable at.you can fail your test for going slow so why not get a ticket for it? Lorries that think its fun to go side by side on a 2 lane while theres 30 cars behind them,twats that dive from one lane to the other and back again in tailbacks,folk that use bus lanes like they are there personal road,cyclists in general and twats like the guy on the M9 today who came from the outside lane right across and cut up about 5 cars as he dived up the 876.BMW driver so said it all

Slow middle lane hoggers who dive off at the last minute and cut you up because the off ramp they use regularly suddenly surprised them. If you can't drive to the speed of the road and read the signs you shouldn't be there. I drive for a living, clowns on the road drive you to drink!

By *illnatMan  over a year ago

wherever i need to be

Oh the lorry overtaking thing grinds my gears. Both on limiters and one that can do 1mph more than the other meaning it takes an age for them to overtake!

Linwood

"Folk that sit at 50 on A roads and motorways in broad daylight with miles of visability In dry conditions. Code says drive to the conditions,not what you feel comfortable at.you can fail your test for going slow so why not get a ticket for it? Lorries that think its fun to go side by side on a 2 lane while theres 30 cars behind them,twats that dive from one lane to the other and back again in tailbacks,folk that use bus lanes like they are there personal road,cyclists in general and twats like the guy on the M9 today who came from the outside lane right across and cut up about 5 cars as he dived up the 876.BMW driver so said it all "

I honestly sit around 55-60mph on motorway majority of the time.

I've agreed that you should drive to the conditions etc.

But when you see some crazy people driving at crazy speeds, near loosing it or crashing then why NOT sit at a safe speed.

I like to keep a decent size gap between me and driver infront.

Never had anyone in all my years of driving complaining from other drivers, or had any complaints from my passengers yet.

"Being a cyclist and a car driver I'm more wary of cyclists when driving my car and that's what car drivers should be aware of instead of criticising cyclists !!!

A lot of cyclists could help themselves if they wore hi viz. Some folk have no sense of self preservation.

A lot of cyclists would help themselves if they didn't do stupid things, and remember that motor vehicles are big, powerful, heavy things that can hurt you, if the stupid things you do put you in their way.

If they want to use the road, They should pay road tax and buy insurance, and protective gear should be compulsory.

Oh, and before any cyclists say that they pay road tax and have insurance for their car, the important part of that is FOR THEIR CAR. If I had two cars, I have to cover both, and so should they, car and bike.

I also object to the proposals to bring in strict liability on drivers who have accidents involving cyclists. If they do something stupid, why should I pay?

Don't get me started on bikers..."

Car drivers don't pay Road Tax, it was done away with many years ago. It's now called Vehicle Excise Duty.

There is no law saying cyclists should wear head gear although a lot of them do

As a cyclist and car driver I always give plenty of room to cyclists as should all car drivers whether they are cyclists or not

By *vanabeusedTV/TS  over a year ago

somewhere

My pet hate driving is when I spend hours getting ready as Ivanna and I drive around and get no fun

"

Car drivers don't pay Road Tax, it was done away with many years ago. It's now called Vehicle Excise Duty.

As a cyclist and car driver I always give plenty of room to cyclists as should all car drivers whether they are cyclists or not"

1: Don't be a pedant, you knew what was meant.

2: I know there is no law saying they should wear protective gear. That wss my point, there should be.

3: Giving cyclist cycle lanes, and me being a responsible driver doesn't stop cyclists being stupid, and putting themselves, and others at risk. They need to be covered at their own cost, not mine.

If they want to use the roads, which are primarily for motor vehicles, let's face it, they should have the same requirements as a driver put on them.

By *homCrownMan  over a year ago

West Fife

"

If half the vehicles in one lane used the empty lane being coned off, moved forward then merged in turn, the traffic would move a bit quicker and there wouldn't be a massive single queue tailback.

"

As a cyclist and car driver I always give plenty of room to cyclists as should all car drivers whether they are cyclists or not

2: I know there is no law saying they should wear protective gear. That wss my point, there should be.

3: Giving cyclist cycle lanes, and me being a responsible driver doesn't stop cyclists being stupid, and putting themselves, and others at risk. They need to be covered at their own cost, not mine.

If they want to use the roads, which are primarily for motor vehicles, let's face it, they should have the same requirements as a driver put on them."

Also... it's the double standard... Motorists (all kinds) are told to observe the "I'm a cyclist give me six feet of room on the road" (yes I know they don't always get it) yet as Steph said, when it suits them they squeeze into two feet of space. As I also said before the main problem is our roads are struggling to cope with the demands of use and volume of traffic.

Linwood

"

If they want to use the roads, which are primarily for motor vehicles, let's face it, they should have the same requirements as a driver put on them.

Also... it's the double standard... Motorists (all kinds) are told to observe the "I'm a cyclist give me six feet of room on the road" (yes I know they don't always get it) yet as Steph said, when it suits them they squeeze into two feet of space. As I also said before the main problem is our roads are struggling to cope with the demands of use and volume of traffic. "

Well I actually have a bike also.

But I live very near a cycle path which is much better.

Much safer for me, no need to worry about vehicles etc.

glasgow

"

Cutting people up without signalling."

So it's that okay if you do signal? ????

Paisley

Not being in the right lane despite plenty of signs

Parking inconsiderately. E.g. Lane for st Enoch car park.

people who pull into the fast lane to overtake but dont put there foot down , they sit hogging the outside lane at the same speed as the car there overtaking ..

people that stop at roundabouts when its 1 million percent clear to pull out .

people who do 40 on a national speed limit road holding everyone up , national speed limit is 60 on a single lane 70 on a double lane

people scared to overtake a slow moving vehicle on a country lane when its a million percent clear to overtake

people who dont understand to enter a carriageway from a slip rd at the speed the motorway or dual carriageway is travelling...

if your not confident to do the above or dont get it ,then you shouldnt be driving ..

If half the vehicles in one lane used the empty lane being coned off, moved forward then merged in turn, the traffic would move a bit quicker and there wouldn't be a massive single queue tailback."

this you use both lanes and then merge in turn , why would you leave a lane empty ??

Yea.

Better safe than sorry.

Tailgating is dangerous.

Normally I sit between 55-60mph."

thats fine as long as in the inside lane , not the overtaking lane

"People who park over the line in parking bays taking two parking spaces grrrrrr I do this all time as spaces are to small

There's a guy with a new silver merc who always straddles two lanes at our local supermarket car park...I'm waiting on someone putting a note.on his windscreen. It's a huge car park so not sure why he needs to do this tbh"

hoping to stop cars parking next to him and opening there doors onto his ,

"pet hate is when on motorway, want to move across to let someone come off a slip road onto motorway, but cant because someone is doing 100 + mph on outside lane, "

read the traffic , either put your foot down so they can enter or ease of the gas so they can enter........

"Folk that can't drive or don't react or respond to blue lights "

folk just dont get blue lights and sirens , they slam there breaks on and give it large in there interior mirror thinking there doing a good job

blue light equals put your foot down and get out of its way , not hit the brakes slowing the blue light vehicle down

"Driving behid Bunkie

The other main one pedestrians walking out onto road as if there is an invisible zebra crossing and giving you that look as if you are in the wrong "

exactly , a zebra crossing does not give the pedestrian right of way

By *p4funduoCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

People who dont use the bus lanes outwith operational times! It is clearly stated on sign. So please stop looking at me undertaking whilst you are all sat in one lane when the bus lane isent even operational

By *azzle DazzleCouple  over a year ago

strathaven

"Driving behid Bunkie

The other main one pedestrians walking out onto road as if there is an invisible zebra crossing and giving you that look as if you are in the wrong

exactly , a zebra crossing does not give the pedestrian right of way"

A pedestrian has as much right to the road as a motorist, so you are wrong.

Paisley

Cars with a squint - that one headlight that shines on to your rear view mirror!

"People who dont use the bus lanes outwith operational times! It is clearly stated on sign. So please stop looking at me undertaking whilst you are all sat in one lane when the bus lane isent even operational "

thank god someones clued up xx

7-10

4-7

for example , on the blue bus lane signs means its not permitted to drive in the bus lane between these times .

any other time you can !!!!!

"Driving behid Bunkie

exactly , a zebra crossing does not give the pedestrian right of wayA pedestrian has as much right to the road as a motorist, so you are wrong.

"

zebra crossing does not give the pedestrian right of way ..and how can a pedestrian have as much right to the road as a motorist LOL shall i drive on the pavement and let them walk in the road then lol

guess what , pavements for pedesrtians roads for cars lol

pretty simple this post

people that know how to drive , are confident , no the rules, read the traffics movements , drive safely etc etc etc

versus

those that just know how to make the car move , turn corners stop and park...

you MUST give way when a pedestrian has moved onto a crossing

highway code , give way when theyve stepped onto the crossing , pretty obvious otherwise youd run them over lol

but if there not on the crossing the car dosent have to stop

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

One recent annoyance, less about driving, but how careless people are opening their wrecked up car doors next to mine in car parks...

Just because they don't look after their car, doesn't mean you can go bash my doors

By *leasureme66Couple  over a year ago

Alexandria

Tail gaiters & boy racers! We drive a 4x4 with a big engine that has so much torque it leaves them so far behind we can barely see their wee red embarrasses faces!

By *ig TennentsMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

That's when you accidentally dent there wing

Doggers

By *uck knows41Man  over a year ago

Arbroath

People who don't know how to use foglights

Linwood

"People who don't know how to use foglights "

Seen people using them when it's a wee bit misty

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Incompetent or inconsiderate caravan tuggers.

Scourge of the Highlands.

» Add a new message to this topic