FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > A reason to hide Verifications perhaps?

A reason to hide Verifications perhaps?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had a few strange messages out of the blue from people I have never heard of. One informing me that one of my Verifications was a married man. The latter informing me that one of my other Verifications was a sad creep and I must have been desperate to meet him! Anyone else receive odd messages regarding past Verifications? I am seriously thinking twice about posting them as I can see this is open to this sort of thing.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Had a few strange messages out of the blue from people I have never heard of. One informing me that one of my Verifications was a married man. The latter informing me that one of my other Verifications was a sad creep and I must have been desperate to meet him! Anyone else receive odd messages regarding past Verifications? I am seriously thinking twice about posting them as I can see this is open to this sort of thing."

you have enough true friends that mail from others such as how you described should not matter, just click the block button as a reply.

its your choice to post verifications or hide, as well as the choice of whom you met, perhaps they do not want you to post a description of them

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

Nothing like that, but one 'gentleman' recently informed me that I would catch a disease with the amount of guys I'd fucked (after a few veris from my now boyfriend) and that I was disgusting. So that was nice

"Had a few strange messages out of the blue from people I have never heard of. One informing me that one of my Verifications was a married man. The latter informing me that one of my other Verifications was a sad creep and I must have been desperate to meet him! Anyone else receive odd messages regarding past Verifications? I am seriously thinking twice about posting them as I can see this is open to this sort of thing."

While ago had someone message ppl id met trying to stir shit but end of the day i put it down to the green eyed monster ..

Some people on here really need to get their own lives in order

What business is it of others to who others have met that feel the need to message you to point things out?

Never ceases to amaze me the jealousy on this site?

"Nothing like that, but one 'gentleman' recently informed me that I would catch a disease with the amount of guys I'd fucked (after a few veris from my now boyfriend) and that I was disgusting. So that was nice "

That is really awful and shows how nasty some folk can be

Dundee

"Nothing like that, but one 'gentleman' recently informed me that I would catch a disease with the amount of guys I'd fucked (after a few veris from my now boyfriend) and that I was disgusting. So that was nice

That is really awful and shows how nasty some folk can be"

Yep, some people on here really have problems

I used to get the old 'you wouldn't meet me but you met him on that day' etc etc.

I just ignore and block. And don't show my verifications any more!

I never display verifications because of hassle I have had over them.I left the site last time I was on because I was getting serious grief about a verification I had left someone.It was from a guy who had fell in love with the women and she eventually had to get police involved.Some proper nutters on here

Yes. I've had messages attempting to put me off meeting some people on my veri list, some critical of the person I've met and done quite abisive towards me. I put it down to jealousy but it can be quite frightening.

We show our veri's because they prove we are genuine. Only a few of ours are from meets, the rest are socials.

Some folk seriously need to get a grip. Clearly not really adults, and clearly jealous cos they're not getting any. Just block them x

By *eADevilCouple  over a year ago

Blantyre

Sounds like jealousy to me. Wouldnt even warrant them a reply as thats what they seek . Any comment you reply with is a win for them . Instant block, job done Tracey x

Dundee

It's not just messages either, seen some jealous statuses too!

We got one or two over the course of the weekend from a woman and a couple who we didnt want to meet calling Geordie all sorts because we had 4 verifications from one night. Now that might be everyones cup of cocoa, each to their own and all manner of other cliches but people on here judging anyone based upon sexual preferences or fantasises? Hypocrisy on an almost unimaginable scale!!

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

There's definitely a couple of people right now hounding and harassing people based on verifications. I've heard some stories.

"There's definitely a couple of people right now hounding and harassing people based on verifications. I've heard some stories."

You have to ask what is being done about it? It's all fair and well saying ignore it, report it etc. but it does give cause for concern regarding that supposedly most sacrosanct quality of the swinging world.....discretion? I know of one woman who stalks another female who lives in the same area as her, messages people who have verified her. Akin to a dog aggressively defending its patch....or preceived patch should I say!

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

Ignore the stupid feckers, they'll move on to someone else when they get bored!

"Ignore the stupid feckers, they'll move on to someone else when they get bored!"

That is unless they decide to put it of Facebook for all and sundry to see, start approaching family members or work colleagues or non-swinging friends running their mouth off as has been known to happen in the past on the site. Kinda hard to ignore it and take such a laid back approach when the vindictiveness of some people on this site could quite literally destroy lives and careers

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

"Ignore the stupid feckers, they'll move on to someone else when they get bored!

That is unless they decide to put it of Facebook for all and sundry to see, start approaching family members or work colleagues or non-swinging friends running their mouth off as has been known to happen in the past on the site. Kinda hard to ignore it and take such a laid back approach when the vindictiveness of some people on this site could quite literally destroy lives and careers"

Yep, could see how that may require a different approach, now where's my feckin bat???

"Ignore the stupid feckers, they'll move on to someone else when they get bored!

That is unless they decide to put it of Facebook for all and sundry to see, start approaching family members or work colleagues or non-swinging friends running their mouth off as has been known to happen in the past on the site. Kinda hard to ignore it and take such a laid back approach when the vindictiveness of some people on this site could quite literally destroy lives and careers

Yep, could see how that may require a different approach, now where's my feckin bat???"

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

That is unless they decide to put it of Facebook for all and sundry to see, start approaching family members or work colleagues or non-swinging friends running their mouth off as has been known to happen in the past on the site. Kinda hard to ignore it and take such a laid back approach when the vindictiveness of some people on this site could quite literally destroy lives and careers"

Post on Facebook?

Jeez! That's some seriously fucking vindictive stuff.

Some people really need to get a life.

Jeezo! That level of craziness doesn't bsfe thinking about. The consequences are just too high.

By *ainbowBrite57Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I show mine because I like getting a flavour of others by reading theirs, should they choose to display them.

Only had one weird experience I've had which was a woman who sent me a very abusive email judging me about a man I'd met who was married. We purely just had met for a Diet Coke and he'd turned down her *requests*

As ever fab peeps, do what's right for you x

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I've hidden mine, don't need the drama. Although I've not had too much grief, some of the men that have verified me have. Could be unrelated.......but just to be safe!!!

By *eADevilCouple  over a year ago

Blantyre

People like what you are talking about seek attention and reaction. Any abusive or other type message goes straight to delete and block . They WILL get fed up creating new profiles so they can send more messages long before you tire of hitting delete and block believe me .

I had an abusive.message last December from a guy I had met slating me, inferring I was a slapper because I had seen someone else the same day, who had happened to verify me later in the day. Even though he couldn't read it as I hadn't yet displayed it, it was obviously enough to give rise to the abusive message.

By *ifes journeyCouple  over a year ago

scotland

Some right rockets about ....that's why discretion is so important,

I dont put many up as it's nobody's business. Who iv done x

I've had similar experiences to what's been mentioned. It seems your damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Do what's right for you and bugger what some of the narrow minded judgemental vindictive ppl on here think.

By *hocolate_HeavenMan  over a year ago

Birmingham and Dubai

I am half tempted to just hide my verifications. The judgement is ridiculous. Even my summary I get judged for.

I have been out the country most of the year working except for a funeral or visiting family while they were in hospital. Though when I had a verification showing from 2-3 days ago I was a nogo apparently. You can't win and the only person we need to please is ourselves and know our own self worth.xx

I recently had abuse from bye all accounts quit a sexy female about one of my veries I only met to fix lady,s car quick coffee nothing else so the sexy girl had a nasty mind

Sorry to hear this Tracey, I don't think it's a problem that guys have to deal with. I've never understood the motives of these vindictive individuals who get their kicks by attempting to destroy others enjoyment. Please just ignore them, you're one of the gems on this site.

By *alkirkbairnMan  over a year ago

Grangemouth

Haven't messaged anyone regarding it however I have several times come across verifications left saying someone's the best guy ever etc when they've just been on the local paper being put on "the list"

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

We display ours for a day or so then hide them x

"Sorry to hear this Tracey, I don't think it's a problem that guys have to deal with. I've never understood the motives of these vindictive individuals who get their kicks by attempting to destroy others enjoyment. Please just ignore them, you're one of the gems on this site."

Thanks for that x

By *alkirkbairnMan  over a year ago

Grangemouth

Firstly not condoning any abuse you get for people you've met however would you not appreciate if someone gave you a warning about someone that you had met to keep you safe? On the off chance you didn't know and was perhaps meeting them again.

And I realise you can make your own decisions etc

By *p4funduoCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Sad but true my friends. There are folks on this site who send insulting messages to either your own profile or that of others to insult you. Why? I have no idea. Vindictiveness in status updates is usually a good pointer of who to avoid tho. I try to ignore but it makes u wonder what sad little lifes they must have to be so bothered about what you are doing

X

If that's the case then the shouldn't be on this site. It. E a breach of their registration. Report him.

"Sad but true my friends. There are folks on this site who send insulting messages to either your own profile or that of others to insult you. Why? I have no idea. Vindictiveness in status updates is usually a good pointer of who to avoid tho. I try to ignore but it makes u wonder what sad little lifes they must have to be so bothered about what you are doing

X"

Yep I have seen very nasty updates too which can provide some insight into the person's character

"Had a few strange messages out of the blue from people I have never heard of. One informing me that one of my Verifications was a married man. The latter informing me that one of my other Verifications was a sad creep and I must have been desperate to meet him! Anyone else receive odd messages regarding past Verifications? I am seriously thinking twice about posting them as I can see this is open to this sort of thing.

Firstly not condoning any abuse you get for people you've met however would you not appreciate if someone gave you a warning about someone that you had met to keep you safe? On the off chance you didn't know and was perhaps meeting them again.

And I realise you can make your own decisions etc"

In the case of the.married guy it could have certainly been someone trying to warn me, but this was someone who has been verified almost a year ago so someone 300miles away must have taken the time to trawl through verifications in the first place! Strange

By *appy876Man  over a year ago

glasgow

I think it is bad for any guy to slate any woman

By *p4funduoCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I think it is bad for any guy to slate any woman "

People being slated or insulted is not necessarily from a man. The women can be just as bad!

I don't get into any dialogue with any of them anyway. Dont even read their profile. Just press block and delete

By *hocolate_HeavenMan  over a year ago

Birmingham and Dubai

"I don't get into any dialogue with any of them anyway. Dont even read their profile. Just press block and delete "

Dundee

I know that people have told others (including my boyfriend) untruths about me. Whether it's because they're making stuff up or have been told that by someone else and taken it as gospel, I don't know. People I haven't even spoken to or met socially, I might add.

I prefer to make up my own mind about people and never believe everything I hear.

And I do judge those who bitch about others in statuses/messages, it says that they're not someone I'd like to meet.

I do agree with the point about warning friends of an undesirable though, especially for women meeting alone. If someone made me feel uncomfortable and unsafe, I would tell all my friends to watch out.

Verifications are a nightmare and I've not even got one

"I think it is bad for any guy to slate any woman

People being slated or insulted is not necessarily from a man. The women can be just as bad! "

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

probably jealousy, there are some idiots on here!

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Some people have too much time on their hands.

Don't let others try to dictate what you have on your profile.it's none of their business.if they don't like it then can always look elsewhere,if they feel the need to make snide remarks,well,Fuck em,they're twats,block them and forget about them.

"Some people on here really need to get their own lives in order

What business is it of others to who others have met that feel the need to message you to point things out?

Never ceases to amaze me the jealousy on this site?"

very true

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

There are some nasty vindictive people on here who think its their right to

Have a go at members going by their verifications .

Id say hide them Tracey then they have nothing to gossip about you from your verifications

"There are some nasty vindictive people on here who think its their right to

Id say hide them Tracey then they have nothing to gossip about you from your verifications "

There are several I will definitely be hiding now.

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I've been through stages of never showing any to showing all. However I've always had the view that it's no one else's business what I get up to.

I do think that some of the verifications that fly around the site are really tacky and pointless. Others are a great source of amusement. I don't really think they are needed a lot of the time.

People get petty and nasty and when they do more harm than good it's time to hide them

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"There are some nasty vindictive people on here who think its their right to

Id say hide them Tracey then they have nothing to gossip about you from your verifications

There are several I will definitely be hiding now."

Agreed

By *e gentle 100Woman  over a year ago

Bathgate

I display my most recent verifications for a bit then I hide them, people on here that give abuse to someone because they have met a certain person or persons need to get a life as it's no one else's business as to who met who or who had fun with whoever, there is the time wasters and the people who always want to waste things for others on here and that will never end, we can't please everyone with the choices we make, it's up to each individual person to enjoy what they do and what they get up to, there will always be haters' that spoil things for other so just ignore, block and enjoy life xx

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

The problem is "its no ones buisness but mine" while you disply them its everyones buisness who views them.

im one of those folk who if I see folk display veris from imo numptys that reflects on them and I wouldnt bother having anything to do with them.

By *SG69Man  over a year ago

Inverness

Had a couple like that too! One I could be polite to and remind them discretion is top of my list, the other!!! Well let's just say they're blocked now lol, don't like doing it but the attitude isn't what I want on my feed. Has made me question the irony of us all though? We look for innocent adult fun find a place with like minded adults all with their bucket list, kinks or just plain horniness then think to ourselves oh not that one there's no veri? Is it just me? is it not enough that we post photo's surely no one would put them up if they weren't willing to play??

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"We got one or two over the course of the weekend from a woman and a couple who we didnt want to meet calling Geordie all sorts because we had 4 verifications from one night. Now that might be everyones cup of cocoa, each to their own and all manner of other cliches but people on here judging anyone based upon sexual preferences or fantasises? Hypocrisy on an almost unimaginable scale!! "

There's your confirmation you made the right choice not wanting to meet these people. First time (or 2) I got one like these I actually felt really bad, but not anymore. Now it helps filter out the arseholes and they're easily blocked. Thankfully it doesn't happen often and these are sad, desperate people not worth a single second of your time x

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

It's there to remind myself how much of a "bike"

I now feel. :-/

» Add a new message to this topic