FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > IF YOU GO AWAY...

IF YOU GO AWAY...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andom2chat OP   Man  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

I've been on (& off) Fab for a very long time. Over the years the site has changed & so has my use of it.

I migrated from another site, spent many hours chatting in the Scotland Room (remember the old Beta platform & whisper fails?), & then found the Forums. I've attended loads of Socials & made many friends (& probably a few frenemies).

Over the last decade I've watched the increase in Weekender Profiles, Timewasters, Trolls, even Media attention from the tabloids. I've had my profile pics stolen, been a casual user of Fab, an involved member of Fab, & taken a few sabbaticals disappearing for weeks & even months at a time. Actually some of my last mail convos are from "over a year" ago.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has taken a break from Fab & returned (sometimes under a new ID). Looking back on some threads, mails & convos I've realised how many folk have become UNLOS, some friends, some just good folk to chat with.

So if you've been one of the UNLOS, or taken a break for a short or lengthy time...

* What brought you back?

* Who do you miss chatting with?

* Who do you wish would return to the Fab Fold?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *issBehavingWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm another who 'migrated' from another site, joining Fab around 2009.

I've just returned after almost a year away.

New profile as I couldn't remember my password or email from my original one

I came back to see if the site had improved any from how it was around this time last year when I took a break.

I don't really miss chatting with anyone. I've stayed in touch with friends from here in other ways.

There are a few people who joined from the other site around the same time as me who I'd love to see around here as we all had many a fun night at Socials and After Parties

"I'm another who 'migrated' from another site, joining Fab around 2009...

There are a few people who joined from the other site around the same time as me who I'd love to see around here as we all had many a fun night at Socials and After Parties "

If it's the Scotland Room from "the other site" I'm thinking if there were some very good Socials & Afterparties.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have been known to leave fab when I have the fear lol! But started to just hide profile when I can't be bothered with it now

Left and returned a few times for various reasons.

Miss the laughs we used to have on forums and also the scofland chat many moons ago. Also prefered the old one. Whisper fails were hillarious i made a few belters

Personally i dont use fab as much now for various reasobs also. Although have found myself chatting to a few oldies

Excuse my ignorance, but what are "whisper fails"?

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I've been on (& off) Fab for a very long time. Over the years the site has changed & so has my use of it.

I migrated from another site, spent many hours chatting in the Scotland Room (remember the old Beta platform & whisper fails?), & then found the Forums. I've attended loads of Socials & made many friends (& probably a few frenemies).

Over the last decade I've watched the increase in Weekender Profiles, Timewasters, Trolls, even Media attention from the tabloids. I've had my profile pics stolen, been a casual user of Fab, an involved member of Fab, & taken a few sabbaticals disappearing for weeks & even months at a time. Actually some of my last mail convos are from "over a year" ago.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has taken a break from Fab & returned (sometimes under a new ID). Looking back on some threads, mails & convos I've realised how many folk have become UNLOS, some friends, some just good folk to chat with.

So if you've been one of the UNLOS, or taken a break for a short or lengthy time...

* What brought you back?

* Who do you miss chatting with?

* Who do you wish would return to the Fab Fold?"

you and I Mr Random go way back well before fab so I can relate to all you speak off ....much love

I miss the old days x

"Excuse my ignorance, but what are "whisper fails"?"

You could pm someone in chat room by, if memory serves me correct, putting something like an astrix before there username. But if you got it wrong everyone saw it. Regular hilarity when the pervs mucked up and their graphic requests were seen by all.

Much like previous posters I miss the old days..hat nights, quiz nights, general madness in chat.everyone used to join in and it created a good scene. Been to many socials and after parties and meets and can safely say its been entertaining!

Sadly it has now developed into a bloodbath with so much drama going that its barely worth the time and effort although there are still good times to be found if you look hard enough.

The site will never go back to the way it was

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

Aww Random, I was dressed as cat woman and you were the builder from YMCA the night we met. A very long time ago. It was a different place and a very different atmosphere.

Like many others I've been away and back a few times. It rarely changes.

I try to avoid any drama or politics on the site and just do my own thing.

I've made some friends along the way and created a few memories too. I guess thats why I come back.

I don't really post much in the Scotland specific areas these days. I prefer the lounge as it seems a bit busier.

"I miss the old days x"

Hear hear

"Excuse my ignorance, but what are "whisper fails"?"

Whisper fails, as Boomerang says, was when you were sending a private message onscreen to a user. You put their name between the "less than"/"greater than" arrow symbols. However, not everyone got it right (it was easier to copy/paste a previous message) resulting in epic whisper fails.

I made a few in my day as did folk messaging me, ending with the entire Scotland Room knowing who wasn't quite as straight as their profile said. Yes we had "Fabstraight" back then too

By *ally_weaverMan  over a year ago

Stoneyburn

Our couples profile was suspended for complaining too publicly about having our pictures stolen. Shame as we had a year subscription.

So i revived the old old old single guy profile for just me to peruse, perv and play.

I recognise a few of my Bussom Buddies ID's on this thread, but not a few others. Could it be that folk have returned under new profile names?

Another symptom of "If You Go Away" is not recognising new profiles from old friends.

By *cotsteveMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Ah the old whisper fails in chat

Those were the days!

"you and I Mr Random go way back well before fab so I can relate to all you speak off ....much love "

We predate the Internet.

"I miss the old days x"

You: "I'll get my WooWoos out the fridge"

Me: (not realising it's a cocktail) "Your boobies must be frozen".

End result: Random's Mexican WooWoo Waves on Cam in ChatRoom.

Happy days & what the Internet was invented for.

"Much like previous posters I miss the old days..hat nights, quiz nights, general madness in chat.everyone used to join in and it created a good scene. Been to many socials and after parties and meets and can safely say its been entertaining!

Sadly it has now developed into a bloodbath with so much drama going that its barely worth the time and effort although there are still good times to be found if you look hard enough.

The site will never go back to the way it was"

totally agree

"Aww Random, I was dressed as cat woman and you were the builder from YMCA the night we met. A very long time ago. It was a different place and a very different atmosphere.

Like many others I've been away and back a few times. It rarely changes.

I try to avoid any drama or politics on the site and just do my own thing.

I've made some friends along the way and created a few memories too. I guess thats why I come back.

I don't really post much in the Scotland specific areas these days. I prefer the lounge as it seems a bit busier. "

Everybody sing - "It's fun to be at the..."

(You just did the actions there didn't you?)

Loved the whispers and failed a few times too

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"you and I Mr Random go way back well before fab so I can relate to all you speak off ....much love

We predate the Internet. "

shhhhh we're not that old xxx

By *ortland51Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I occasionally like a few weeks sabbatical from the site, just to return to the 'normal' world and let all this slide for a bit.

As a footnote though, 'If You Go Away' is a marvellous, well travelled and much covered song by artists including Dusty Springfield, Scott Walker, Nana Miskouri, Nina Simone, Neil Diamond, Shirley Bassey and a host of others.

I think the songs origins are French? I'll let Nawty Max clear that up though, as I'm sure she'd have been around for the original recorded version!! Haha!

(Ps: It's no wonder I'm single championing musical tastes and spouting drivel like the above for no reason...)

https://youtu.be/tzHWuzoX1QM

Also Barbra

"I miss the old days x

You: "I'll get my WooWoos out the fridge"

Me: (not realising it's a cocktail) "Your boobies must be frozen".

End result: Random's Mexican WooWoo Waves on Cam in ChatRoom.

Happy days & what the Internet was invented for. "

Still love a woohoo

Glasgow

"https://youtu.be/tzHWuzoX1QM

Also Barbra"

Indeed. Can't leave her off that illustrious list!

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I occasionally like a few weeks sabbatical from the site, just to return to the 'normal' world and let all this slide for a bit.

As a footnote though, 'If You Go Away' is a marvellous, well travelled and much covered song by artists including Dusty Springfield, Scott Walker, Nana Miskouri, Nina Simone, Neil Diamond, Shirley Bassey and a host of others.

I think the songs origins are French? I'll let Nawty Max clear that up though, as I'm sure she'd have been around for the original recorded version!! Haha!

(Ps: It's no wonder I'm single championing musical tastes and spouting drivel like the above for no reason...) "

Haha! Was supposed to be our secret Portland! You cost me a few meets with that comment lol

"I occasionally like a few weeks sabbatical from the site, just to return to the 'normal' world and let all this slide for a bit.

(Ps: It's no wonder I'm single championing musical tastes and spouting drivel like the above for no reason...)

Haha! Was supposed to be our secret Portland! You cost me a few meets with that comment lol "

I don't know, some of these French women in their 60's and 70's still look sexy and elegant.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

I cant say i have left as such ...went quiet for a few months here and there but never went unlos site has changed sooo much from the early days and not always in a good way IMO

"I cant say i have left as such ...went quiet for a few months here and there but never went unlos site has changed sooo much from the early days and not always in a good way IMO "

You're always the quiet one. It's the other one that's a gab

south east

"I cant say i have left as such ...went quiet for a few months here and there but never went unlos site has changed sooo much from the early days and not always in a good way IMO

You're always the quiet one. It's the other one that's a gab "

Glasgow

Haha! Was supposed to be our secret Portland! You cost me a few meets with that comment lol "

Pffft...

Don't blame my insightful remarks for your lack of success of Fab... pal!

I was merely asking to a time/musical reference that dated way back when...

Glasgow

There are a few people who joined from the other site around the same time as me who I'd love to see around here as we all had many a fun night at Socials and After Parties

If it's the Scotland Room from "the other site" I'm thinking if there were some very good Socials & Afterparties. "

I think its the same one. I think we met at a halloween social in Edinburgh about.... 9, maybe 10 years ago, and yes, there were many great socials and after parties

"I think its the same one. I think we met at a halloween social in Edinburgh about.... 9, maybe 10 years ago, and yes, there were many great socials and after parties "

I may have to dig out the old laptop for pics from 2 Halloween Socials. In one I was a Camp Vamp & terrorised a young hottie who came from "Up North". I also gropped a certain fems butt just because... well, I like hot butts & I cannot lie.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

"Much like previous posters I miss the old days..hat nights, quiz nights, general madness in chat.everyone used to join in and it created a good scene. Been to many socials and after parties and meets and can safely say its been entertaining!

The site will never go back to the way it was"

Oh this brought back memories. I lost count of the number of times I ended up crying with laughter with the chat room antics!

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

If it's the Scotland Room from "the other site" I'm thinking if there were some very good Socials & Afterparties.

I think its the same one. I think we met at a halloween social in Edinburgh about.... 9, maybe 10 years ago, and yes, there were many great socials and after parties "

My first social was the Halloween party in Glenrothes 7 years ago. Brilliantly funny night.

south east

God i dont remember our first social it was that long ago ..in the days we were always first on the list to attend ..changed days now

"I cant say i have left as such ...went quiet for a few months here and there but never went unlos site has changed sooo much from the early days and not always in a good way IMO "

Quiet

When i misswd that

Glasgow

"I think its the same one. I think we met at a halloween social in Edinburgh about.... 9, maybe 10 years ago, and yes, there were many great socials and after parties

I may have to dig out the old laptop for pics from 2 Halloween Socials. In one I was a Camp Vamp & terrorised a young hottie who came from "Up North". I also gropped a certain fems butt just because... well, I like hot butts & I cannot lie. "

Haha... Yeah it was the 'Camp Vamp' year I think... Maybe 2007 or 2008

I can't remember who was all there but I'm sure I have the list somewhere

south east

"I cant say i have left as such ...went quiet for a few months here and there but never went unlos site has changed sooo much from the early days and not always in a good way IMO

Quiet

When i misswd that "

Im always quiet you

"Haha... Yeah it was the 'Camp Vamp' year I think... Maybe 2007 or 2008

I can't remember who was all there but I'm sure I have the list somewhere "

You have a list???

Are you S&D?

Glasgow

"Haha... Yeah it was the 'Camp Vamp' year I think... Maybe 2007 or 2008

I can't remember who was all there but I'm sure I have the list somewhere

You have a list???

Are you S&D?"

No... but I started organising the socials with D shortly after getting involved

Maybe there should be an old chat room reunion

"Maybe there should be an old chat room reunion "

Now THERE'S a good idea.

By *hybutnaughtyoneWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I too came from the other side. I remember the socials was good to chat to the real personas . The chat was good because people were full of banter...x

south east

"Maybe there should be an old chat room reunion

Now THERE'S a good idea. "

"Maybe there should be an old chat room reunion

Now THERE'S a good idea.

"

I canny be involved, I'm too young for the old chat room