FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > A social night for singles?

A social night for singles?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondered if this is something that would be attended by an equal amount of single guys and single women? Has anyone ever organised a singles social night? if so how did it go?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *issBehavingWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

From experience there would be about 10 guys asking to come along for every woman that asked to come.... but on the day / night there would be way more women than guys

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Just wondered if this is something that would be attended by an equal amount of single guys and single women? Has anyone ever organised a singles social night? if so how did it go? "
this was tried before but it didnt go ahead .

How do you prove people are genuinly single ?

I for instance meet and play alone but im also part of a couple so would I be able to attend ?

"From experience there would be about 10 guys asking to come along for every woman that asked to come.... but on the day / night there would be way more women than guys "
This is so True too xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's a nice thought, Singles night for singles.

Although the amount of singles on here who are not single is very high on both sexes.

Maybe a vetting process can be done.

Sure someone will figure a test out

"That's a nice thought, Singles night for singles.

Although the amount of singles on here who are not single is very high on both sexes.

"

Plus if I went, I want a sticker that says just cause I'm at a singles night, I still like couples

Stick it on my foreheed or my mouth, whatever one is easier noticed

"Just wondered if this is something that would be attended by an equal amount of single guys and single women? Has anyone ever organised a singles social night? if so how did it go? this was tried before but it didnt go ahead .

I for instance meet and play alone but im also part of a couple so would I be able to attend ?"

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to attend a singles event if you play yourself . I signed up to fab singles a few year ago,( what ever happened to it?) The whole point is to give singles a chance to meet as I'm constantly receiving messages from singles saying they wouldn't feel comfortable going to a club them selves, so if they met other singles feeling the same it would take the anxiety away x

By *ortland51Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"From experience there would be about 10 guys asking to come along for every woman that asked to come.... but on the day / night there would be way more women than guys "

Only if we heard you were going, fanny!! Ha!

Nah, seriously, I'd go to a night like this.

Glasgow

"From experience there would be about 10 guys asking to come along for every woman that asked to come.... but on the day / night there would be way more women than guys

Only if we heard you were going, fanny!! Ha!

Nah, seriously, I'd go to a night like this. "

Aw ffs... I only re-joined cause I heard you'd left

By *inUpGirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

As someone who has organjsed socials in the past if you had 20 guys say they are going to attend your be luck if 3/5 actually do.

Thats the main reason ive never tried to organise a singles social as i think youd end up with more a single ladies night x

"As someone who has organjsed socials in the past if you had 20 guys say they are going to attend your be luck if 3/5 actually do.

Thats the main reason ive never tried to organise a singles social as i think youd end up with more a single ladies night x"

That wouldn't be a bad thing lol maybe if like the other thread mentions- taking a high deposit - would make people think twice about it, a high non refundable deposit if you fail to appear. This would be given back to you if you turn up on the night and that's your drinks sorted so your not losing out. Just banking your spending money lol

"As someone who has organjsed socials in the past if you had 20 guys say they are going to attend your be luck if 3/5 actually do.

Thats the main reason ive never tried to organise a singles social as i think youd end up with more a single ladies night x

That wouldn't be a bad thing lol maybe if like the other thread mentions- taking a high deposit - would make people think twice about it, a high non refundable deposit if you fail to appear. This would be given back to you if you turn up on the night and that's your drinks sorted so your not losing out. Just banking your spending money lol "

Given to charity ofcourse

"Just wondered if this is something that would be attended by an equal amount of single guys and single women? Has anyone ever organised a singles social night? if so how did it go? this was tried before but it didnt go ahead .

I for instance meet and play alone but im also part of a couple so would I be able to attend ?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to attend a singles event if you play yourself . I signed up to fab singles a few year ago,( what ever happened to it?) The whole point is to give singles a chance to meet as I'm constantly receiving messages from singles saying they wouldn't feel comfortable going to a club them selves, so if they met other singles feeling the same it would take the anxiety away x "

The last one who tried a singles night said I woukdnt be able to attend

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to attend a singles event if you play yourself . I signed up to fab singles a few year ago,( what ever happened to it?) The whole point is to give singles a chance to meet as I'm constantly receiving messages from singles saying they wouldn't feel comfortable going to a club them selves, so if they met other singles feeling the same it would take the anxiety away x The last one who tried a singles night said I woukdnt be able to attend"

If you attended as a single why wouldn't you be able to attend?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to attend a singles event if you play yourself . I signed up to fab singles a few year ago,( what ever happened to it?) The whole point is to give singles a chance to meet as I'm constantly receiving messages from singles saying they wouldn't feel comfortable going to a club them selves, so if they met other singles feeling the same it would take the anxiety away x The last one who tried a singles night said I woukdnt be able to attend

If you attended as a single why wouldn't you be able to attend? "

I guess because Im not a single in the true sense of the term single

Singles night sounds fun but I'm sure it's already been said that you need to invite more guys than girls since a lot of them don't show up.

Plus if I went, I want a sticker that says just cause I'm at a singles night, I still like couples

"

Mouth. Then everyone else could get a word in

Mouth. Then everyone else could get a word in "

lol lol

By *ookingfordeeporalMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I’d be ip for this

By *ainbowBrite57Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I could be tempted... but still adore couples!

"I’d be ip for this"

Is single a state of mind or a legal status?

Happy to attend a legally married but definitely cheating event.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Can i come

Maybe organise the first one around valentines x

If it will be in a club for a private function then I maybe game but if its in a pub, I aint interested

waits, thinks I know whats coming:

So pub it is then pmslllllllll DAMG

By *ottieBBWWoman  over a year ago

West of Scotland

Could be up for that.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

You can already see the biggest problem on this thread.....what is single. the op im taking it see this as on a single profile. while others like me see single as meaning without a life partner. which means some folk if they attended would be being conned. I think thats the main reason it couldnt work.

Count me in. I'm pathologically single. And I have a habit of turning up when I say I will.

How do you prove people are genuinly s

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to attend a singles event if you play yourself . I signed up to fab singles a few year ago,( what ever happened to it?) The whole point is to give singles a chance to meet as I'm constantly receiving messages from singles saying they wouldn't feel comfortable going to a club them selves, so if they met other singles feeling the same it would take the anxiety away x "

This is why I don't go to clubs as much as I'd love to go, I'm not shy but I'd still feel uneasy there by myself. The idea of the singles night sound very interesting I'd be happy to go along because we're all in the same boat.

How do you prove people are genuinly s

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to attend a singles event if you play yourself . I signed up to fab singles a few year ago,( what ever happened to it?) The whole point is to give singles a chance to meet as I'm constantly receiving messages from singles saying they wouldn't feel comfortable going to a club them selves, so if they met other singles feeling the same it would take the anxiety away x

This is why I don't go to clubs as much as I'd love to go, I'm not shy but I'd still feel uneasy there by myself. The idea of the singles night sound very interesting I'd be happy to go along because we're all in the same boat. "

Sounds great to me.

Glasgow

"You can already see the biggest problem on this thread.....what is single. the op im taking it see this as on a single profile. while others like me see single as meaning without a life partner. which means some folk if they attended would be being conned. I think thats the main reason it couldnt work."

By *oeymcg123Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I would be up for this ????

Good work/idea Dee ... will look forward to hearing more xx

Ps. Also up for a club if anyone would take me ??

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Count me in. If people want to spoil it by coming along when they aren’t single that’s up to them. Just seem pointless though.

Maybe valentines isn’t good timing though as everything is geared up for couples and getting a venue might be difficult.

I’m hapoy to help though.

"Count me in. If people want to spoil it by coming along when they aren’t single that’s up to them. Just seem pointless though.

Maybe valentines isn’t good timing though as everything is geared up for couples and getting a venue might be difficult.

I’m hapoy to help though. "

It would probably be better organised by someone like yourself who is a trusted organiser. Is valentine too soon?

By *ink-KameraMan  over a year ago

Livingston

I'm more surprised at the amount of posts that say the single men never turn up. In most vanilla pub/clubs ETC you have way more men trying to pull the women that the other way around.

However all that said if it went ahead and I am not busy I'd attend.

"I'm more surprised at the amount of posts that say the single men never turn up. In most vanilla pub/clubs ETC you have way more men trying to pull the women that the other way around.

However all that said if it went ahead and I am not busy I'd attend."

But on here and at socials the poor single men get nervous and bail at the last minute, to return and whine about not getting meets on the forum. Socials that I have been to have always been dominated by couples and single fems. Savvy single men will bite the bullet and reap the rewards.

coatbridge

"I'm more surprised at the amount of posts that say the single men never turn up. In most vanilla pub/clubs ETC you have way more men trying to pull the women that the other way around.

But on here and at socials the poor single men get nervous and bail at the last minute, to return and whine about not getting meets on the forum. Socials that I have been to have always been dominated by couples and single fems. Savvy single men will bite the bullet and reap the rewards."

most socials limit single males which is a factor that has to be taken into account. on paper most socials go along the lines of 30 to 40% cpls 50 to 60% single fems and 10 to 20% single males.

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

From the socials I've been involved in organising, single men are quick to confirm and even pay for their place, but still bottle it. I don't like reserve lists but sometimes they become a necessary evil. As a rule we always have far more men in our numbers to count for the ones who dont attend. Therefore we always seem to get a good turn out.

That said it's not just single men who don't show up. Women and couples do too. Its just life and to be expected.

I think singles night would be fun

If commitment to attend is a problem, make it a ticketed event, put the money behind the bar or pay for the venue, and surely more guys will attend if they have paid to get in.

Just a thought...

But on here and at socials the poor single men get nervous and bail at the last minute, to return and whine about not getting meets on the forum. Socials that I have been to have always been dominated by couples and single fems. Savvy single men will bite the bullet and reap the rewards.most socials limit single males which is a factor that has to be taken into account. on paper most socials go along the lines of 30 to 40% cpls 50 to 60% single fems and 10 to 20% single males. "

I invited 15 men to a social once. Not one turned up. The two ladies did tho.

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I'd be interested in attending a singles night. Count me in!!!

Glasgow

"I invited 15 men to a social once. Not one turned up. The two ladies did tho."

I organised a social with 100 places... We overbooked it a bit to account for some no shows

23 couples asked to come (22 of them turned up)

25 females asked to come (they all turned up)

36 men asked to come (6 turned up)

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I invited 15 men to a social once. Not one turned up. The two ladies did tho.

I organised a social with 100 places... We overbooked it a bit to account for some no shows

36 men asked to come (6 turned up) "

That's really bad! Why are men so unreliable?

"I invited 15 men to a social once. Not one turned up. The two ladies did tho.

36 men asked to come (6 turned up) "

That's terrible. But it happens all the time. All over the UK.

I have been to a few socials and once my place is confirmed I turn up ...barring major disasters obviously.

I think the reason the ladies always turn up is because they are usually partnered up but attending as "singles" whereas the its quite difficult for the guys to do this due to ratios.

Guess what im saying is that its probably the fact that they attend alone thats offputing.

"I have been to a few socials and once my place is confirmed I turn up ...barring major disasters obviously.

I think the reason the ladies always turn up is because they are usually partnered up but attending as "singles" whereas the its quite difficult for the guys to do this due to ratios.

Guess what im saying is that its probably the fact that they attend alone thats offputing."

None of the single fems that I know rely on a partner to attend socials. They go it alone. Surely 2 singles going together is tgmhen a couple attending.

"If commitment to attend is a problem, make it a ticketed event, put the money behind the bar or pay for the venue, and surely more guys will attend if they have paid to get in.

Just a thought...

"

Yeah we mentioned a high deposit that you receive back on the night if you turn up or sent to charaity if you don't

south east

Thats the main reason ive never tried to organise a singles social as i think youd end up with more a single ladies night x"

Then DEFINITELY count me in

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

I'd be interested... Though, you could play Cupid and set up singles dates instead

Glasgow

Id there was enough interest i wouldnt mind organising this but it prob be after xmas now or aometime in nov x

"Id there was enough interest i wouldnt mind organising this but it prob be after xmas now or aometime in nov x"

Great that's 2 fantastic organisers willing to help maybe you and falcon can get your heads together and start a count

Glasgow

Au didnt realise falcon had already offered thats fine then i can sit back n relax lol x

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

Would be nice to see an event for singles

"Just wondered if this is something that would be attended by an equal amount of single guys and single women? Has anyone ever organised a singles social night? if so how did it go? "

Just a quick question .......if ppl are married or attached but have a single's profile on here, can they attend?

south east

"Just wondered if this is something that would be attended by an equal amount of single guys and single women? Has anyone ever organised a singles social night? if so how did it go?

Just a quick question .......if ppl are married or attached but have a single's profile on here, can they attend? "

Awaits patiently for that question to be answered

Be interested in this

Definitely

Definitely from me x

What about two single people on the site who have a couple's profile? Would they be able to come?

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"What about two single people on the site who have a couple's profile? Would they be able to come?"

Doubt they would if they were a “proper couple”

John

south east

"What about two single people on the site who have a couple's profile? Would they be able to come?"

As long as they sit at opposite ends of room and dont talk to each other

"What about two single people on the site who have a couple's profile? Would they be able to come?

Doubt they would if they were a “proper couple”

John "

Lol very funny. You should have been a comedian

"What about two single people on the site who have a couple's profile? Would they be able to come?

As long as they sit at opposite ends of room and dont talk to each other "

Another comedian

"Just wondered if this is something that would be attended by an equal amount of single guys and single women? Has anyone ever organised a singles social night? if so how did it go?

Just a quick question .......if ppl are married or attached but have a single's profile on here, can they attend? "

I suppose that situation is up for discussion as I would suggest the whole point of a singles social would be for singles to meet up with other singles as there seems to be more than enough events going on for couples, don't you think?

Just a quick question .......if ppl are married or attached but have a single's profile on here, can they attend?

I suppose that situation is up for discussion as I would suggest the whole point of a singles social would be for singles to meet up with other singles as there seems to be more than enough events going on for couples, don't you think? "

I understand that but we haven't been to couple's events as we aren't welcome and we both wanted to go to a social in early summer this year and we still weren't welcome.

I suppose that situation is up for discussion as I would suggest the whole point of a singles social would be for singles to meet up with other singles as there seems to be more than enough events going on for couples, don't you think? "

Il say again Im not single but play alone so not sure if someone like me could attend.

At the end of the day its a swingers site not a date site so not sure how it will work out .

Many on here are honest about their relationship status but there are many who aint and try and pass themselves of as single .

I am single and so is the guy I have a couple's profile with. We have our own profiles too a but where's he harm in us coming even though we aren't officially together?

Glasgow

And this is why there has never been a singles night as noone could decide or know who was allowd to come who was single who wasnt. Who were a real couple and who wasnt.

For me peraonally a singles night would mean people who only have single profiles.

And before anyone starts on yes i know people could lie and i know its not a dating site. Im just ecpressing my view x

By *loobookMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Id be interested in this - i remember how incredibly nervous i was at my 1st social 8 years ago despite being escorted there by some lovely fabbers and was warmnly greeted by all - Dundee socials are still my fav as a result of that one I always make a point of saying hello to everyone i bump into now at them and will continue to do so - the social side of the site is what makes you lovely people , well just so lovely

There are different events for different groups of people like 'bi couples & single fems nights' or 'TV and admirers nights' or 'BDSM nights', there are many nights for different groups. Iv just never come across a singles night and there are loads of singles on fab!

"And this is why there has never been a singles night as noone could decide or know who was allowd to come who was single who wasnt. Who were a real couple and who wasnt.

For me peraonally a singles night would mean people who only have single profiles.

And before anyone starts on yes i know people could lie and i know its not a dating site. Im just ecpressing my view x"

If a single person is looking for a partner and enjoys swinging then there is no harm in looking for that partner on a swinging site as I know many have over the years Iv been on here. So there is a lot of successful dating going on. You make a good point though about only allowing single profiles to attend but as some have said there are couples with their own single profiles as well. The different events I refer too on my other post are not exclusively for those groups so there will always be cross overs and that's fine as long as people realise it's aimed towards single people.

By *ustcantgetenuf50Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think if you have a single profile then you can and should be able to go to an organised singles event. Regardless of whether you have a couples profile.

Many people have couples profiles to allow them to experience swinging as a couple ie mmf or ffm etc or go to clubs.

It would he very difficult IMO to state only 'single' people can attend as there are many singles here without partners blessing, knowledge and many singles who play with blessing and knowledge.

It should be billed as a single event night, so in the interest of being non judgmental if you have a single profile you should in theory be able to attend.

By *razy_knightMan  over a year ago

never never land

This is an awesome idea, also a great way to get verified if you're a bit on the shy side to head along to clubs a bit like myself, not sure I'd know what to do with myself st one ha! But if I knew someone there then I'd be game to go along

Yes I agree but it's all a bit of a minefield.

Good luck in organising this. I'm sure it will be a fun night regardless.

I think your all overly complicating her post. If you have a singles profile. yeh good idea but the single guys are a lot of no shows.

Glasgow

"And this is why there has never been a singles night as noone could decide or know who was allowd to come who was single who wasnt. Who were a real couple and who wasnt.

And before anyone starts on yes i know people could lie and i know its not a dating site. Im just ecpressing my view x

If a single person is looking for a partner and enjoys swinging then there is no harm in looking for that partner on a swinging site as I know many have over the years Iv been on here. So there is a lot of successful dating going on. You make a good point though about only allowing single profiles to attend but as some have said there are couples with their own single profiles as well. The different events I refer too on my other post are not exclusively for those groups so there will always be cross overs and that's fine as long as people realise it's aimed towards single people. "

Ye but surely if you have a couples profile aswell then your not single in the meaning of the word lol?

Its a minefield and tbh i dont think it matters what way you do it you wont please everyone such is life x

If a single person is looking for a partner and enjoys swinging then there is no harm in looking for that partner on a swinging site as I know many have over the years Iv been on here. So there is a lot of successful dating going on. You make a good point though about only allowing single profiles to attend but as some have said there are couples with their own single profiles as well. The different events I refer too on my other post are not exclusively for those groups so there will always be cross overs and that's fine as long as people realise it's aimed towards single people.

Ye but surely if you have a couples profile aswell then your not single in the meaning of the word lol?

Its a minefield and tbh i dont think it matters what way you do it you wont please everyone such is life x"

This isn't something that can be set in stone, like every other night for the previously said groups as long as those attending understand it's aimed at single people. Invitations won't be given to couple profiles but if couples who play single wish to attend via single profiles they do so with the understanding it's aimed at single people. We could go round in circles here so need to trust people to be truthful ( which I know is a big ask) could go a step further and put a red feather on the head of someone who is part of a couple and a green one on singles so everyone is clear who is single lol just a thought

[Removed by poster at 25/09/17 07:53:25]

I would certainly be interested in this, something I am finding hard to do as a single male on the site... one thing I have been interested in doing for a while but not been able to, as usually no single males are invited. But if this is something that is getting organised count me in.

"I think if you have a single profile then you can and should be able to go to an organised singles event. Regardless of whether you have a couples profile.

Many people have couples profiles to allow them to experience swinging as a couple ie mmf or ffm etc or go to clubs.

It would he very difficult IMO to state only 'single' people can attend as there are many singles here without partners blessing, knowledge and many singles who play with blessing and knowledge.

It should be billed as a single event night, so in the interest of being non judgmental if you have a single profile you should in theory be able to attend. "

Thank you very much, this is why I think we should be able to go

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

If you have a couples profile you are not single you are a couple!

coatbridge

Its a minefield and tbh i dont think it matters what way you do it you wont please everyone such is life x

This isn't something that can be set in stone, like every other night for the previously said groups as long as those attending understand it's aimed at single people. Invitations won't be given to couple profiles but if couples who play single wish to attend via single profiles they do so with the understanding it's aimed at single people. We could go round in circles here so need to trust people to be truthful ( which I know is a big ask) could go a step further and put a red feather on the head of someone who is part of a couple and a green one on singles so everyone is clear who is single lol just a thought "

would almost be worth going just to pretend I was a peacock.

Unfortunatly for me it is very clear cut and has absolutly nothing to do with what type of profile folk have. Single to me and im sure many others means you have no significant other. Its the reason I dont think this could work . On top of that im not a big fan of any segregation type events.

I can almost see the fallout a week months later hey how are you just wondering if you would like to go out for a drink tommorow night.......... sorry I cant got a dinner and dance thing with the wife/hubby tommorow lol

This isn't something that can be set in stone, like every other night for the previously said groups as long as those attending understand it's aimed at single people. Invitations won't be given to couple profiles but if couples who play single wish to attend via single profiles they do so with the understanding it's aimed at single people. We could go round in circles here so need to trust people to be truthful ( which I know is a big ask) could go a step further and put a red feather on the head of someone who is part of a couple and a green one on singles so everyone is clear who is single lol just a thought "

So even though two people who are effectively single and have their own profiles but also have a couple's profile, you would put a red feather on both of us anyway?

Were you meaning a night like one a conventional dating site do with the possibility of a 'soulmate search' - meeting a partner? In that case you would want people to all have genuine single status then.

This isn't something that can be set in stone, like every other night for the previously said groups as long as those attending understand it's aimed at single people. Invitations won't be given to couple profiles but if couples who play single wish to attend via single profiles they do so with the understanding it's aimed at single people. We could go round in circles here so need to trust people to be truthful ( which I know is a big ask) could go a step further and put a red feather on the head of someone who is part of a couple and a green one on singles so everyone is clear who is single lol just a thought

So even though two people who are effectively single and have their own profiles but also have a couple's profile, you would put a red feather on both of us anyway?"

If you declare yourself single then you get a green feather lol it's your call

So even though two people who are effectively single and have their own profiles but also have a couple's profile, you would put a red feather on both of us anyway?

If you declare yourself single then you get a green feather lol it's your call"

Lol that would awkward for both of us

"Were you meaning a night like one a conventional dating site do with the possibility of a 'soulmate search' - meeting a partner? In that case you would want people to all have genuine single status then."

People wishing to attend would come along on the understanding that there may be singles there looking for partners so they also need to understand it's not fare on the genuine singles attending to come along claiming your free to play or date when you are indeed not.

It seems to be all ways single guys get penalised for anything regarding couples or fbs profiles or going to any events or clubs .but its oky for a girl to do it ,myself I think.its totally sexist .

But hey thats just me

"Were you meaning a night like one a conventional dating site do with the possibility of a 'soulmate search' - meeting a partner? In that case you would want people to all have genuine single status then.

People wishing to attend would come along on the understanding that there may be singles there looking for partners so they also need to understand it's not fare on the genuine singles attending to come along claiming your free to play or date when you are indeed not. "

I get the feeling that because of this debate, one of two things will happen here, this event might not go ahead or you will simply not invite people who have said they have a couple's profile.

Yes it is sexist but reading all the messages, basically people are saying that women are included in that too

It would be open up only to single profiles. If a single profile states their part of a couple ( partners not FBs) then they go on a reserve list for non singles. If they are FBs it's their call.

There is nothing at all sexist about a singles night it's open to both male and female equally !

Edin

"Yes it is sexist but reading all the messages, basically people are saying that women are included in that too"

I am failing to see what part is sexist! If you are part of a couple you are not single, what part of that is sexist please explain?

"Yes it is sexist but reading all the messages, basically people are saying that women are included in that too

I am failing to see what part is sexist! If you are part of a couple you are not single, what part of that is sexist please explain? "

But what if you have a single profile too??

" It would be open up only to single profiles. If a single profile states their part of a couple ( partners not FBs) then they go on a reserve list for non singles. If they are FBs it's their call.

There is nothing at all sexist about a singles night it's open to both male and female equally ! "

Yes we are FB but I much prefer Feb lol

Edin

"Yes it is sexist but reading all the messages, basically people are saying that women are included in that too

I am failing to see what part is sexist! If you are part of a couple you are not single, what part of that is sexist please explain?

But what if you have a single profile too??"

What part is sexist? You didn't answer ...

" It would be open up only to single profiles. If a single profile states their part of a couple ( partners not FBs) then they go on a reserve list for non singles. If they are FBs it's their call.

There is nothing at all sexist about a singles night it's open to both male and female equally !

Yes we are FB but I much prefer Feb lol "

Sorry Feb lol

What part is sexist? You didn't answer ..."

Maybe The Illusionist should answer that one lol

Yes we are FB but I much prefer Feb lol

Sorry Feb lol"

Predictive text is a pain lol. Feb!!

I will try this one more time lol and hope my predictive text gets it right FWB !!

Edin

Maybe The Illusionist should answer that one lol"

Why? You agreed it was sexist my question was was what part of not allowing a couple to be included in singles night is sexist? There is no discrimination about what sex you are it's the fact you are a couple is it not!

Count me in

There is nothing at all sexist about a singles night it's open to both male and female equally ! "

Will there be a reserve list for fb's who have a couple's profile?

Why? You agreed it was sexist my question was was what part of not allowing a couple to be included in singles night is sexist? There is no discrimination about what sex you are it's the fact you are a couple is it not! "

You are missing my point though lol. We are only a couple for that profile!

Why? You agreed it was sexist my question was was what part of not allowing a couple to be included in singles night is sexist? There is no discrimination about what sex you are it's the fact you are a couple is it not!

You are missing my point though lol. We are only a couple for that profile!"

And I only agreed with him that it was sexist because men generally do get the raw end of the deal when it comes to anything on this site!

Why? You agreed it was sexist my question was was what part of not allowing a couple to be included in singles night is sexist? There is no discrimination about what sex you are it's the fact you are a couple is it not! "

totally agree

Clue is in the name of the post...

Edin

You are missing my point though lol. We are only a couple for that profile!"

That may be the case and tbh I couldn't care less if you both attend a singles night or not that is your choice BUT it is not sexist, these types of words get branded around when people throw their toys out the pram because they are not getting their own way.

Why? You agreed it was sexist my question was was what part of not allowing a couple to be included in singles night is sexist? There is no discrimination about what sex you are it's the fact you are a couple is it not! totally agree

Clue is in the name of the post... "

I agree with that, it is for singles but we are officially single lol

By *appyDeviantsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

So basically its a singles night but couples can attend to if they have single profiles ?But what about the single ones that don't meet couples?So its safe to say its just another social for everyone

Edin

"So basically its a singles night but couples can attend to if they have single profiles ?But what about the single ones that don't meet couples?So its safe to say its just another social for everyone "

That may be the case and tbh I couldn't care less if you both attend a singles night or not that is your choice BUT it is not sexist, these types of words get branded around when people throw their toys out the pram because they are not getting their own way. "

No one is throwing their toys out of their pram and it's certainly not about getting our own way. I just feel that we should be able to come because we are single. Just my opinion, we are all allowed to have our own opinions.

I'm part of a married cpl with our own profile and we both have single profiles when we choose to meet alone..soooo can we both still attend??

I think not

Single is single

"So basically its a singles night but couples can attend to if they have single profiles ?But what about the single ones that don't meet couples?So its safe to say its just another social for everyone "

Well the organiser should compromise then and make it a night for couples and singles. Best of both!!

"I'm part of a married cpl with our own profile and we both have single profiles when we choose to meet alone..soooo can we both still attend??

I think not

Single is single

"

So even though me and man are just friends with a couple's profile, you think we aren't allowed to attend?

Glasgow

"So basically its a singles night but couples can attend to if they have single profiles ?But what about the single ones that don't meet couples?So its safe to say its just another social for everyone

Well the organiser should compromise then and make it a night for couples and singles. Best of both!!"

The op posted because she's single and wanted a singles event... why should she compromise? Maybe you should organise your own event?

K

Edin

That may be the case and tbh I couldn't care less if you both attend a singles night or not that is your choice BUT it is not sexist, these types of words get branded around when people throw their toys out the pram because they are not getting their own way.

No one is throwing their toys out of their pram and it's certainly not about getting our own way. I just feel that we should be able to come because we are single. Just my opinion, we are all allowed to have our own opinions."

Of course you are allowed your own opinion that goes without saying and as I have previously said it makes no odds to me should you go or not. My point was purely on the term sexist!!!

I personally don't think this type of night will ever go ahead it has been tried to get off the ground for many years unsuccessfully for many of the points mentioned throughout the thread.

"So basically its a singles night but couples can attend to if they have single profiles ?But what about the single ones that don't meet couples?So its safe to say its just another social for everyone

Well the organiser should compromise then and make it a night for couples and singles. Best of both!!

The op posted because she's single and wanted a singles event... why should she compromise? Maybe you should organise your own event?

K "

But what if you have a single profile too??"

As long as you have a single profile ( male or female) and are free to play and date, your welcome to put your name down and a reserve list will be held for further singles ( male and female) then a 2nd reserve list will be held for couples who are free to play as singles. It's not that complicated oh and there will be a non refundable deposit if you don't turn up lol which will be spent on all our drinks for the night lol ( maybe give to charity but I like the idea of drinking it cause it will annoy those who just couldn't be bothered turning up lol ) or we could hold the non-returned deposits towards the next event which can only be better than the last as there will be more money to spend on it ! This can be up for discussion!

If it's on a Saturday and you can't attend you have to give notice by Wednesday at 5pm so others on the reserve list can pay their deposit. If you haven't made contact by then you lose your deposit. Does that seem fare?

K "

Why? So you can stop everyone from coming to it???

No one is throwing their toys out of their pram and it's certainly not about getting our own way. I just feel that we should be able to come because we are single. Just my opinion, we are all allowed to have our own opinions.

Of course you are allowed your own opinion that goes without saying and as I have previously said it makes no odds to me should you go or not. My point was purely on the term sexist!!!

I personally don't think this type of night will ever go ahead it has been tried to get off the ground for many years unsuccessfully for many of the points mentioned throughout the thread."

I totally agree with you on that. Singles get branded whether or not they have a couple's profile.

Glasgow

K

Why? So you can stop everyone from coming to it???"

Pmsl... no one has that power

K

As long as you have a single profile ( male or female) and are free to play and date, your welcome to put your name down and a reserve list will be held for further singles ( male and female) then a 2nd reserve list will be held for couples who are free to play as singles. It's not that complicated oh and there will be a non refundable deposit if you don't turn up lol which will be spent on all our drinks for the night lol ( maybe give to charity but I like the idea of drinking it cause it will annoy those who just couldn't be bothered turning up lol ) or we could hold the non-returned deposits towards the next event which can only be better than the last as there will be more money to spend on it ! This can be up for discussion!

If it's on a Saturday and you can't attend you have to give notice by Wednesday at 5pm so others on the reserve list can pay their deposit. If you haven't made contact by then you lose your deposit. Does that seem fare? "

How much is the deposit and what date would you want it paid by?

K

K "

Aye right!!

K

K

Aye right!!"

You two are a couple so you shouldn't go either lol

Glasgow

K

K

Aye right!!

You two are a couple so you shouldn't go either lol "

We never asked to go merely giving my opinion on the open forum

K

This is why the last singles night that someone tried to arrange didnt go ahead .

There is far too many contradictions of whos allowed to attend and who isnt.

As for it being easier for singles to attend a singles night because they are too nervous to attend any other social or club night is stupid because at the end of the day they are still walking into a room full of strangers which in effect is no different to walking into any put for a night out.

Will there be a reserve list for fb's who have a couple's profile? "

All single profiles are welcome but you have to declare if you are free to play&date or just play as a single ( you will be colour coded accordingly ) so everyone is clear. Couple profiles won't receive an invite. Your interest needs to come from a single profile.

I sit back and await the comments on that comment lol

Glasgow

All single profiles are welcome but you have to declare if you are free to play&date or just play as a single ( you will be colour coded accordingly ) so everyone is clear. Couple profiles won't receive an invite. Your interest needs to come from a single profile.

I sit back and await the comments on that comment lol "

Your social... your rules

K x

This is an open forum and everyone entitled to their opinion .... single means single with no attachments .... thats whats wrong ... some people want their cake n eat it ohers too without even batting an eye lid ! Give us singletons a wee chance !

K x"

Edin

"This is an open forum and everyone entitled to their opinion .... single means single with no attachments .... thats whats wrong ... some people want their cake n eat it ohers too without even batting an eye lid ! Give us singletons a wee chance ! "

"All single profiles are welcome but you have to declare if you are free to play&date or just play as a single ( you will be colour coded accordingly ) so everyone is clear. Couple profiles won't receive an invite. Your interest needs to come from a single profile.

I sit back and await the comments on that comment lol "

You go girl

"This is an open forum and everyone entitled to their opinion .... single means single with no attachments .... thats whats wrong ... some people want their cake n eat it ohers too without even batting an eye lid ! Give us singletons a wee chance ! "

If someone is taking the time to organise a social

It really should be their rules

Good luck OP

[Removed by poster at 25/09/17 10:32:56]

K x"

My interest is coming from my single profile as you can see. You are free to look at if you want to prove that I am in fact single.

Edin

K x

My interest is coming from my single profile as you can see. You are free to look at if you want to prove that I am in fact single."

Your profile states you are not meeting of your singles profile only your couples one and only to get in touch if people are looking to meet both of you!

Curious as to why your so keen to go a social event aimed at singles looking to meet other single people when your profile clearly states you are only meeting as part of a couple! Confused!

So even though two people who are effectively single and have their own profiles but also have a couple's profile, you would put a red feather on both of us anyway?"

If you declare yourself single to play&date you go green

If you declare yourself as part of a couple but free to play single on a single profile you go red

It's not complicated Lol

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

If it's on a Saturday and you can't attend you have to give notice by Wednesday at 5pm so others on the reserve list can pay their deposit. If you haven't made contact by then you lose your deposit. Does that seem fare? "

I wish you good luck with your event.

It's your event so you make your rules! Everyone will have an opinion on what's fair and what is not.

Personally, and that's easy, I am confused by some of the terminology used in this thread.

To me, single is single.

If you have a couple's profile with a friend, a flatmate, a married guy and any other variant you are not single! If you have a single profile and you have a friend, a flatmate, any other variant at home/not on Fab... you are not single!

'If you are free to date' some couples meeting alone are free to 'date' again depends on One's definition of the word.

I am not looking for couples or attached men or women so this event is not for me.

It's a shame as they are genuine singles on here which such event would be good for but in my opinion too hard to guarantee only single will turn up!

But like I said have fun and good luck with it

Hope I make sense

K x

My interest is coming from my single profile as you can see. You are free to look at if you want to prove that I am in fact single."

Curious as to why your so keen to go a social event aimed at singles looking to meet other single people when your profile clearly states you are only meeting as part of a couple! Confused!

If you declare yourself as part of a couple but free to play single on a single profile you go red

It's not complicated Lol "

So because we have a couple's profile, you would give us red?

Edinburgh

By *ugs and JunkCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

We are a couple but both have kept our single profiles. We wouldn't attend as we are a couple.

People who have a kid on fab coupling do so to get to events such as cjs couples only nights and other couple only parties. Next they'll be cross dressing just to get to the TV events

Somebody might need a shovel..

Glasgow

This is how people end up marrying their dogs

Freedom of speech and human rights sometimes goes wayyyyyy to far

John

Well I have given my opinion. Nothing wrong with a healthy debate lol

When are you thinking of having it?

It's not complicated Lol

So because we have a couple's profile, you would give us red?"

If your free to play and date ( looking for a partner) then you get a green

If your free to play but not date ( not seeking a partner) then you get a red it's just a suggestion and up for discussion

It's not complicated Lol

If your free to play but not date ( not seeking a partner) then you get a red it's just a suggestion and up for discussion "

Are you gonna carry out lie detector tests before the allocation of feathers?

It's not complicated Lol

If your free to play but not date ( not seeking a partner) then you get a red it's just a suggestion and up for discussion

Are you gonna carry out lie detector tests before the allocation of feathers? "

Can you actually buy them?? lol kidding

we are all adults and there will be sneaky cheats no matter what we organise so won't matter what measures are put in place but we need to try and see how it goes.

coatbridge

Why? You agreed it was sexist my question was was what part of not allowing a couple to be included in singles night is sexist? There is no discrimination about what sex you are it's the fact you are a couple is it not! totally agree

I agree with that, it is for singles but we are officially single lol"

lol dont take this as getting at you but you are both single......on a cpls profileis it only me that cant fathom this even if it is true by extension it means you are duping cpls who believe they are meeting another cpl not just singles tag teaming to maximise their chances. Folk baffle me

I agree with that, it is for singles but we are officially single lollol dont take this as getting at you but you are both single......on a cpls profileis it only me that cant fathom this even if it is true by extension it means you are duping cpls who believe they are meeting another cpl not just singles tag teaming to maximise their chances. Folk baffle me"

We aren't duping anyone. It's just that we find it very hard to get meets on our own profiles so that's why we set up the couple's profile. Is there any harm in that? I am sure that there are lots of single people on this site who also have a joint profile together

By *appyDeviantsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I agree with that, it is for singles but we are officially single lollol dont take this as getting at you but you are both single......on a cpls profileis it only me that cant fathom this even if it is true by extension it means you are duping cpls who believe they are meeting another cpl not just singles tag teaming to maximise their chances. Folk baffle me

We aren't duping anyone. It's just that we find it very hard to get meets on our own profiles so that's why we set up the couple's profile. Is there any harm in that? I am sure that there are lots of single people on this site who also have a joint profile together "

isn't that telling you something ?if folk don't want to meet you as a single surely they wouldn't want to meet you as a couple? Strangest explanation I have heard as to why two people are together

coatbridge

I agree with that, it is for singles but we are officially single lollol dont take this as getting at you but you are both single......on a cpls profileis it only me that cant fathom this even if it is true by extension it means you are duping cpls who believe they are meeting another cpl not just singles tag teaming to maximise their chances. Folk baffle me

We aren't duping anyone. It's just that we find it very hard to get meets on our own profiles so that's why we set up the couple's profile. Is there any harm in that? I am sure that there are lots of single people on this site who also have a joint profile together "

your 100% correct there are loads.....that dosnt make it right in some folks eyes words are used to describe something. Single in mosts eyes means un attached in life but to yourselfit means I am single but wont meet anyone unless they also meet my other half.

So many people want there cake and everyone elses and hey I want the peanuts too..

the problem imo is simple folk bastardise words to maximise what is acceptable.

Anyway this event will be great for folk who accept the ops terminology of single others will steer clear of it because of it.

so the folk with the same thinking should be in attendance

There is nothing wrong with anything people do on this site as long as they are upfront and everyone knows what they are all about. You have to be clear about your intentions on your profile so people know we're they stand. You still get people diving in and not reading it but that's not your issue it's theirs

Edin

Out of interest if it were a couples only social/party that was being organised would you say "we are a fb couple we have a profile to back this up" and think you should be able to attend?

Glasgow

This reminds me of that one time I wasn’t allowed to goto a antenatal class on my own and I threw a strop about it in the doctors surgery

John

Wow my head is sore. Think in simple terms only those with single profiles will be invited. I don't think op has the time to investigate if they also have a couples profile or if they're attached.

Jeeesh Don't overly complicate the post

coatbridge

"This reminds me of that one time I wasn’t allowed to goto a antenatal class on my own and I threw a strop about it in the doctors surgery

John "

they stopped me climbing in the hyenas enclosure even after I explained to them that I was in fact a hyena

So I'm reading through all these comments, and they just don't make sense.

So you want to have a social for singles? That's easy to understand. But why are couples suddenly being involved?

And the stuff about couples having single profiles so it being ok is just ridiculous.

I am one half of a couple. We have a couples profile. If I then decide to make myself a singles profile, then that's fair enough as long as I state I also have the couple's profile.

There's nothing wrong with any of that.

But I don't suddenly think, oh wait I'll go to a singles social as I have my single profile. I'm still part of a couple any way you choose to look at it, so no amount of twisting it and justifying it will change the fact.

A singles social should be just that. For 1 person, who has no-one else, who wants to be able to meet someone who is also just 1 person and then they may become 2.

It's not really rocket science !

Oh my God this thread is giving me a headache never mind arranging this night. Good luck to the OP. I agree should only be a singles night for people who have single profiles not a couple one too.

There is normally couples and single nights at clubs so I think it would be nice to just have a singles night for the single people.

Before anyone says no I wouldn't go cause I am not single which clearly states on my profile

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

Good to the organiser of this singles night, if you need any advice ask Ms (O2NNCH2)3 she is a expert at single socials...or so she states between being single or part of a couple...

See there is a fine line here for some between single and couple.

The last 3 females I have chatted to, eventually told me they have a partner or FB but for me I was finding this out later down the line. I had a meet one time, (I know shocker), at mine and as we had been chatting for a while, I invited her up to mine and during the conversation she told me she was married, (WTF)

I like to look at a single profile and have then state that they have an Fb or a partner or married who does or does not know or who knows and sometimes joins in on 3 sumes, foursums etc..

at least I know where I stand.

So I suppose a social night for singles what does it mean and reason?

Is it a night that there maybe a spark between two singles and they might hit it off knowing there is no one else I the picture. I feel that if all single people went, there would be a few who have someone in the background that they like. meet, know or even fuck occasionally, it's just their interoperation.

So if that's the case would it mean that singles with couples profile can they come as their couples profile might only just to meet girls or guys for a 3some or 4some but on their singles profile they meet alone.

My head is spinning thinking this out, no wonder I don't drink and that's even before trying to figure out single profiles of women who are married but want to fuck about behind hubby's back and the same for guys who do the same loll or even that their life partners know but don't want anything to do with it and acknowledge that they don't mind them playing away, so they are classed as single by some in here and classed as not single by others.

I'm lost, I should have looked at that forum post of "Do Girls Like It Up The Ass" and put a comment in there, it would have been easier than to try and work out this conundrum

I don't even know what icon to put on my post so put a few

Oh and by the way, I'd prob be game for a singles night.

I'm single, can accom, no FB, no wife, no Girlfriend.

I'm just shy

Yeah the world of swinging is a very complicated place and none of us are going to come up with a definite conclusion so here goes:

***Iv took on board all the comments***

You can only note an interest in coming from a single profile: ( male or female)

You can only come if you declare you are available to play&date ( seeking a potential partner of the same or opposite sex)

Iv simplified the situation so I'm afraid that takes out the single profiles who are part of a couple playing single lol 'oh mammy ma heed is burstin'

You are a complicated lot lolol

Comments=

"Yeah the world of swinging is a very complicated place and none of us are going to come up with a definite conclusion so here goes:

You can only note an interest in coming from a single profile: ( male or female)

You can only come if you declare you are available to play&date ( seeking a potential partner of the same or opposite sex)

Iv simplified the situation so I'm afraid that takes out the single profiles who are part of a couple playing single lol 'oh mammy ma heed is burstin'

Comments="

fuck thats me out

One of my friends would defiantly love to come to the party and think she has sent a message to delightful.

its SheratonXXX149

"Yeah the world of swinging is a very complicated place and none of us are going to come up with a definite conclusion so here goes:

Comments="

Ok that's fair enough and counts me and my man out lol

"Oh and by the way, I'd prob be game for a singles night.

I'm single, can accom, no FB, no wife, no Girlfriend.

I'm just shy "

Reverse reverse

Edinburgh

Comments="

My only comment is... 'Total respect' from me for going ahead with this.

Here's a couple of painkillers x lol

Comments="

Good luck with it and I hope all that attend are genuinly single.

It sounds more a night for a dating site rather than a swinging site but Im sure there are many looking for a partner than a swinging fwb so I guess it would work for many.

Good luck xx

Thank you everyone for your comments, suggestions and views all appreciated.

Just looking at dates now...

Edin

Good Luck hope it is a success x

"Good Luck hope it is a success x"

Comments=

fuck thats me out "

I got a message from a coupe, of females after posting that that's me out so sorry for no elaborating and it was really nice a couple of girls showed an interest XxX

With the statement of (
"(You can only come if you declare you are available to play&date ( seeking a potential partner of the same or opposite sex)"
)

I aint looking to date, got to much in my life with work and kids so I wouldn't go incase people presumed otherwise as its started. It's just not my intention, not saying that might not happen in here, but I don't want to go as if the intention of looking for someone to date.

So Ill bow out but hope its really a fantastic success

Glasgow

Hope it's a fantastic night D... good luck

K x