FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Outlander

Outlander

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thoughts anyone? I'm absolutely hooked!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Love it!!! Have read all the books and now waiting patiently for her to finish writing book 9

K x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Obsessed!!!

Love it!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thank fk for Amazon fire sticks! I'm right up to date! Diana Gabaldon has made millions for the Scottish economy!! I hope more people start watching it!!

I'm up to date also but I'm using showbox

Wasn't on last week so severe withdrawal until Sunday night

By *andom2chatMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

I feel like I’ve been waiting on Series 3 forever since I binge watched the first two.

Series 1 hooked me. Series 2 shocked me.

So far Claire has lost my sympathies in Series 3, & I’ve enjoyed seeing more of Jamie’s story.

My heart went out to Frank & he was nothing like his ancestor.

The scene with Lord John Gray brought back THAT scene with Black Jack Randal & I feared it was all going to go pear shaped. Thankfully it didn’t & I hope there’s more to come from LJR.

In the muddled world of today’s tv offerings this is definitely one of the best shows on the box.

Whaaaat there's a new series is there

By *issT45Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Good tv ... can see why David Cameron used his links in tv broadcasting to shelve releasing it until after the 2014 referendum

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I was gutted it wasn’t on Amazon on Monday. Need to wait two whole weeks to see the reunion.

"I was gutted it wasn’t on Amazon on Monday. Need to wait two whole weeks to see the reunion."

Ahh that’s why there wasn’t a new episode. Grrr!

By *aughty_Jack_ABZMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Just for some balance. Awful. Clumsy writing. Dreadful plot. Romance drivel that is over emotional and unrealistic. Historically inaccurate. Characters evoke no empathy. A dreadful fusion of Barbara Cartland and Rob Roy badly written by an American academic with little or no understanding of Scottish culture or history.

So just like the awful books from the 90's and 00's then. A middle aged housewives fantasy escape - badly conceived, poorly written and lazily researched and stereotyped.

Still surprisingly 'successful' both as books and TV series - so kudos to her and the marketing department for taking advantage of the shallow and short attention span of modern culture.

Before anyone get's all riled this is only my opinion, you did ask after all! It is not a judgement of anyone who enjoys 'Sh*tlander' or other dross emotional mind candy like it, nor an attempt to appear culturally superior. Lmao.

Have a great day and if you like it enjoy it.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Balance is over rated

By *ee_rascalWoman  over a year ago

O'er the Rainbow

Love it. Jamie is an absolute hotty in the books

Got bored of it, season 2 just dragged.

"I was gutted it wasn’t on Amazon on Monday. Need to wait two whole weeks to see the reunion."

THIS!!

Was well annoyed

(Love it - only started watching in July and now we’ll addicted)

"Got bored of it, season 2 just dragged."

The second book was the same, the new season is promising though if it’s half as good as the book....worth sticking with

Was offered a part in it, even went to the studios in Cumbernauld.

Then read the script for series 1 and never bothered with books or tv series as thought similar to 50 Shades poorly researched and even worse grammatical book.

LOL did the same with Game of Thrones too

At casting audition I thought "Nah this is going to be a lot of shite"

"Thoughts anyone? I'm absolutely hooked!"

I never realised that Falkland was actually in Inverness until I watched Outlander, sure makes the Covenanter Hotel famous though

"Was offered a part in it, even went to the studios in Cumbernauld.

Then read the script for series 1 and never bothered with books or tv series as thought similar to 50 Shades poorly researched and even worse grammatical book.

"

Not good at spotting success are you lol

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

"Just for some balance. Awful. Clumsy writing. Dreadful plot. Romance drivel that is over emotional and unrealistic. Historically inaccurate. Characters evoke no empathy. A dreadful fusion of Barbara Cartland and Rob Roy badly written by an American academic with little or no understanding of Scottish culture or history.

So just like the awful books from the 90's and 00's then. A middle aged housewives fantasy escape - badly conceived, poorly written and lazily researched and stereotyped.

Still surprisingly 'successful' both as books and TV series - so kudos to her and the marketing department for taking advantage of the shallow and short attention span of modern culture.

Before anyone get's all riled this is only my opinion, you did ask after all! It is not a judgement of anyone who enjoys 'Sh*tlander' or other dross emotional mind candy like it, nor an attempt to appear culturally superior. Lmao.

Have a great day and if you like it enjoy it. "

By *otal buckshotMan  over a year ago

fife

Got bored with it

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

A friend of mine has been in it as a prossie, and was a double for the lead character.

Still havent watched it

Not good at spotting success are you lol "

Schools out on Outlander as still think it's shite.

GOT has become massive. Not something I would personally follow as I watched the first series then let it go something I have done in the past with various programmes that ran past series 3.

Producers trying to think up new storylines when they should have killed it off long ago becomes rather tedious and boring

By *p4funduoCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Watched series one up to esesode 6 then forgot so not so hooked x

GOT has become massive. Not something I would personally follow as I watched the first series then let it go something I have done in the past with various programmes that ran past series 3.

Producers trying to think up new storylines when they should have killed it off long ago becomes rather tedious and boring "

Despite all of that they are still massive industries - Outlander has a huge following the the US.

If Iwere serious about being an actor I would be kicking myself at missing parts in both series

Producers trying to think up new storylines when they should have killed it off long ago becomes rather tedious and boring

Despite all of that they are still massive industries - Outlander has a huge following the the US.

If Iwere serious about being an actor I would be kicking myself at missing parts in both series "

I am kicking myself when I see how they have taken off. Doesn't mean I'm going to watch either as they're storylines do nothing for me

By *elledegoreCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Love X

If Iwere serious about being an actor I would be kicking myself at missing parts in both series

I am kicking myself when I see how they have taken off. Doesn't mean I'm going to watch either as they're storylines do nothing for me "

That’s fair enough

Love the books . and have took my wee mum round all the sets as she loves it too she's 73 .

I helped set up the standing stones couldn't believe it when they arrived and they were hand carved from polystyrene.. good day though

Never watched it...

By *eather47Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

My son in law was a extra on this he also does the outlander tours

"My son in law was a extra on this he also does the outlander tours"

I know someone who was an extra and does the tours lol

"My son in law was a extra on this he also does the outlander tours

I know someone who was an extra and does the tours lol"

awkward!!!

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

"My son in law was a extra on this he also does the outlander tours

I know someone who was an extra and does the tours lolawkward!!! "

Say hi to her son

"Love it!!! Have read all the books and now waiting patiently for her to finish writing book 9

K x"

I know what we’ll be blabbing about next time we meet.

I’ve got a few episodes of Series 3 to watch tonight. Episode 10 - Claire on one ship, Jamie on the other. Should we try & get parts as extras?

Glasgow

"Love it!!! Have read all the books and now waiting patiently for her to finish writing book 9

K x

I know what we’ll be blabbing about next time we meet.

I’ve got a few episodes of Series 3 to watch tonight. Episode 10 - Claire on one ship, Jamie on the other. Should we try & get parts as extras? "

Haha I’d love that! I was raging when I went to by the 9th book to be told she was still writing it, hurry up woman

K x

"Haha I’d love that! I was raging when I went to by the 9th book to be told she was still writing it, hurry up woman

K x"

I haven’t read the books. I only got into it by binge watching S1 & S2. I had to then wait what felt like an eternity for S3.

Lost my sympathies for Claire a little & was enjoying seeing things from Jamie’s POV with Lord John Grey.

Tompkins seems a nasty piece of trouble nicely played by Ian Reddington. As menacing as Tobias Menzies as BJR.

A clever twist from Claire claiming “the second source” soon got me back on side with her.

Glasgow

"Haha I’d love that! I was raging when I went to by the 9th book to be told she was still writing it, hurry up woman

K x

I haven’t read the books. I only got into it by binge watching S1 & S2. I had to then wait what felt like an eternity for S3.

Lost my sympathies for Claire a little & was enjoying seeing things from Jamie’s POV with Lord John Grey.

Tompkins seems a nasty piece of trouble nicely played by Ian Reddington. As menacing as Tobias Menzies as BJR.

A clever twist from Claire claiming “the second source” soon got me back on side with her. "

If you’re a reader you’ll love the books, I rattled through them lol. Makes watching it even better seeing how they put it on the screen

K x

"If you’re a reader you’ll love the books, I rattled through them lol. Makes watching it even better seeing how they put it on the screen

K x"

I hear the series wanders & varies slightly from the books.

Just started Ep11.

Glasgow

"If you’re a reader you’ll love the books, I rattled through them lol. Makes watching it even better seeing how they put it on the screen

K x

I hear the series wanders & varies slightly from the books.

Just started Ep11. "

It does a bit, some bits aren’t on the series, think that’s why I enjoyed them as there was so much more detail

K x

» Add a new message to this topic