FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Christmas Time

Christmas Time

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I always struggle at Christmas time; memories, missing pieces, etc. From the first Christmas carol played I wish January would hurry up! Anyone else feel the same and how do you combat this rubbish feeling? xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I felt the exact same last year as it was my first with no contact with my daughter. I've still no contact with her but won't let Christmas get me down so I'm going full Christmas overload with all the decorations and tree. I'm going to embrace it and enjoy it no matter what

"I felt the exact same last year as it was my first with no contact with my daughter. I've still no contact with her but won't let Christmas get me down so I'm going full Christmas overload with all the decorations and tree. I'm going to embrace it and enjoy it no matter what "

That’s very sad but also very positive! Good on you, hope you have a lovely Christmas x

By *eADevilCouple  over a year ago

Blantyre

"I always struggle at Christmas time; memories, missing pieces, etc. From the first Christmas carol played I wish January would hurry up! Anyone else feel the same and how do you combat this rubbish feeling? xx"

OP I'd say go out and make new memories with those closest to you then you can look back and smile. X

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

Whilst I always spend Christmas at home in London with my family, I can't help but still feel lonely -something weird happens in December, people you think are friends are just acquaintances

"I always struggle at Christmas time; memories, missing pieces, etc. From the first Christmas carol played I wish January would hurry up! Anyone else feel the same and how do you combat this rubbish feeling? xx

OP I'd say go out and make new memories with those closest to you then you can look back and smile. X"

That’s a plan, good advice, thank you x

"Whilst I always spend Christmas at home in London with my family, I can't help but still feel lonely -something weird happens in December, people you think are friends are just acquaintances "

I’m reading that loneliness comes in many guises. You can be surrounded, yet alone

I hope your Christmas is better than you anticipate x

Glasgow/London

"Whilst I always spend Christmas at home in London with my family, I can't help but still feel lonely -something weird happens in December, people you think are friends are just acquaintances

I’m reading that loneliness comes in many guises. You can be surrounded, yet alone

I hope your Christmas is better than you anticipate x"

Thanks. But It won't be quite the same, due to a recent bereavement.

Anyway, I don't want to sound a total downer...... Sometimes just need someone else to share the bottle or movie with.... But hey, i Keep on carrying on.....

Xmas is a lonely time of year for many people. You can be surrounded by family and still feel very lonely. I do feel lonely anyway sometimes and even though I will be with family I will make the best of it x

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Whilst I always spend Christmas at home in London with my family, I can't help but still feel lonely -something weird happens in December, people you think are friends are just acquaintances

"

I was in the same position as you last year but what I didnt expect to do was laugh quite as much as we did because we knew she would be up there looking down on us glad that we were still able to laugh so much when deep down within we were crying.

She'd have loved the antics and thats what keeps you going .

Keep smiling as best you can (((big hugs)))

Glasgow/London

I was in the same position as you last year but what I didnt expect to do was laugh quite as much as we did because we knew she would be up there looking down on us glad that we were still able to laugh so much when deep down within we were crying.

"

Aw thanks, that's really sweet to hear.

Hope your Xmas goes well too.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Aw thanks, that's really sweet to hear.

Hope your Xmas goes well too."

Thank you xxx

Surround myself with people that are here today that I care for, throw myself into work, shedloads of vodka and chocolate.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Just another day remember the happy times Istruggle with bad thoughts at other months of the yr and this is what I try to do

"Just another day remember the happy times Istruggle with bad thoughts at other months of the yr and this is what I try to do "

Very true Kola, it’s just another day. Was out with my sister in law yesterday and we reminisced with lots of laughter. Felt good

"Surround myself with people that are here today that I care for, throw myself into work, shedloads of vodka and chocolate."

Vodka & chocolate..... loving this advice

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

Its like the social media effect -you think everyone else is having a wonderful time - in fact a lot (most) people are probably feeling like yourself.

Best advice I have had is lower the expectations a bit and treat it more like a normal day.

"Its like the social media effect -you think everyone else is having a wonderful time - in fact a lot (most) people are probably feeling like yourself.

Best advice I have had is lower the expectations a bit and treat it more like a normal day."

Very true, the update is a five course fancy dinner but the reality is a microwave meal

All great advice from everyone. I’ve kept myself busy this weekend and taken onboard everyones suggestions. It’s all very simple if you don’t let your bloody mind get the better of you

Thanks x

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

"I always struggle at Christmas time; memories, missing pieces, etc. From the first Christmas carol played I wish January would hurry up! Anyone else feel the same and how do you combat this rubbish feeling? xx

OP I'd say go out and make new memories with those closest to you then you can look back and smile. X"

» Add a new message to this topic