FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > No photos due to job

No photos due to job

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have been having a browse through profiles this morning and yesterday - around 200 in total

One thing that struck me that I wondered about finding out more was the number of people with no pictures whatsoever public that say 'pics on request as we have professional jobs'.

A couple of things about this I don't get - surely most employers, whether 'professional' or not, would have something to say about being on this website?

Also, I work in a 'professional' job. This tends to mean I wear clothes and therefore my colleagues wouldn't recongise my naked body. The same goes for my wife.

Of course, we keep our faces covered, and I often see people censoring out tattoos and other identifiable traits which makes sense.

Has anyone actually ever had a situation where they were recognised by having body pictures public?

What pictures people put is people's own business, but just curious why people are paranoid about colleagues recognising their body parts?

S x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can see what you mean here... plus photos on request??? Not something I would put either, only when there has been some kind of trust built up.

Maybe they are very free around their friends and colleagues though

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes this annoys me. We all have jobs. Hide the face by all means but nobody would recognise someones bum, legs or feet so having no pics is not acceptable to me.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

I tend not to take any notice of profiles like that ..we all have friends family and work

By *ubiousOatcakeMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

It’s not just about being recognised. It’s about deniability if the shit hits the fan.

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

Some people won't even put photos of themselves on their facebook page, so it's no great surprise that some people don't want to put any on here, be it face, body, or whatever.

Each to their own.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Some people won't even put photos of themselves on their facebook page, so it's no great surprise that some people don't want to put any on here, be it face, body, or whatever.

Each to their own."

Fair enough, but since the primary purpose of Facebook isn't to find people to have sex with, not having pictures isn't an issue.

I doubt many people here will deny that physical attraction is at least part of, if not the main thing, that gets attention initially.

If you are so concerned that people will recognise your legs, bum, torso, boobs, cock, back, arms then it's going to be hard to get anything out of this website. You're going to need to send pictures eventually - do you only do it once you have asked questions about the person's job, area they live, hobbies etc and can be certain you don't know them?

From my understanding, people who have been recognised have been recognised once face pics were exchanged, and that's always going to be a risk.

By *hickinthewarmMan  over a year ago

Fife

[Removed by poster at 22/03/18 11:55:56]

By *hickinthewarmMan  over a year ago

Fife

I recognized a girl in from here in my local Asda stacking shelves.... she had rather identifiable tattoos that helped. Quietly introduced myself!

"I recognized a girl in from here in my local Asda stacking shelves.... she had rather identifiable tattoos that helped. Quietly introduced myself! "

Lived up to your name then lol

By *ubiousOatcakeMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"Fair enough, but since the primary purpose of Facebook isn't to find people to have sex with, not having pictures isn't an issue."

I think you may have missed the point there. Many people don’t have their photo as their profile picture on facebook because they don’t want to be easily identifiable. They want a degree of control over what people see.

It’s likely that people want the same degree of control here. In my experience, if somebody has no photos, they’ll let it be known that they’d like to chat and will share photos when they are ready. I’m sure they’re well aware that it limits the messages they get. That may well be part of their reasoning.

If it helps you, just search for people with public photos, and leave others to use the site as they prefer.

I had an interesting thought around this topic only a few hours ago, being male on this site 99% of the woman we message much prefer to see who their talking too. Which yes is fair and for obvious reason.

Its hard enought to get a reply on the site just by generally being out numbered so guys must send douzens, eventually hundres on unreplied messages, with face pictures attached to someone that they have no idea themselves looks like, so in theory they could see you in your job, out with family, with a partner or wife. We've all heard some crazy stories on here. Well I have lol.

However, if we go down that route it would be next to impossible to start a conversation nearly.

Just a thought on how many people might know me but I don't know them.

I've bumped into people I've met and not met but seen thier face pictures myself. KFC when their out with the kids for example... If I was one of those through your toys out the pram guys then well... you never know!

"Have been having a browse through profiles this morning and yesterday - around 200 in total

One thing that struck me that I wondered about finding out more was the number of people with no pictures whatsoever public that say 'pics on request as we have professional jobs'.

A couple of things about this I don't get - surely most employers, whether 'professional' or not, would have something to say about being on this website?

Also, I work in a 'professional' job. This tends to mean I wear clothes and therefore my colleagues wouldn't recongise my naked body. The same goes for my wife.

Of course, we keep our faces covered, and I often see people censoring out tattoos and other identifiable traits which makes sense.

Has anyone actually ever had a situation where they were recognised by having body pictures public?

What pictures people put is people's own business, but just curious why people are paranoid about colleagues recognising their body parts?

S x"

Even without any pics I’ve been recognised by people, use of language style of chat etc

"Some people won't even put photos of themselves on their facebook page, so it's no great surprise that some people don't want to put any on here, be it face, body, or whatever.

Each to their own.

Fair enough, but since the primary purpose of Facebook isn't to find people to have sex with, not having pictures isn't an issue.

I doubt many people here will deny that physical attraction is at least part of, if not the main thing, that gets attention initially.

If you are so concerned that people will recognise your legs, bum, torso, boobs, cock, back, arms then it's going to be hard to get anything out of this website. You're going to need to send pictures eventually - do you only do it once you have asked questions about the person's job, area they live, hobbies etc and can be certain you don't know them?

From my understanding, people who have been recognised have been recognised once face pics were exchanged, and that's always going to be a risk."

I meet blind and never had issues

By *onkeymagic50Man  over a year ago

Near the harbour

Each to their own.

From my understanding, people who have been recognised have been recognised once face pics were exchanged, and that's always going to be a risk.

I meet blind and never had issues "

Leave my blinds alone though keeps the neighbours From seeing me hoover naked

"Have been having a browse through profiles this morning and yesterday - around 200 in total

S x

Even without any pics I’ve been recognised by people, use of language style of chat etc "

Was it poirot who recognised you?

By *ornylittlesubWoman  over a year ago

Grangemouth

"I recognized a girl in from here in my local Asda stacking shelves.... she had rather identifiable tattoos that helped. Quietly introduced myself! "

THIS is the reason i was/am reluctant to put any identifying pics on my profile(face mainly)...in NO way shape or form do i want someone from Fab "quietly introducing" themselves while am in fekin ASDA.....or anywhere else un Fab related, for that matter.

» Add a new message to this topic