FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Independence

Independence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Question to those who voted No all those years ago :

Based on what has happened since, if there was a referendum on independence tomorrow, would u still vote for Scotland to stay in the UK ?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well, depends on what deal we get with Brexit....if Brexit happens at all.

"Question to those who voted No all those years ago :

Based on what has happened since, if there was a referendum on independence tomorrow, would u still vote for Scotland to stay in the UK ? "

What did you vote for in the last referendum & what would you vote for if there was another?

I can see this thread becoming rather heated

"I can see this thread becoming rather heated "

Agree thats why i think OP should show his own hand first

By *eADevilCouple  over a year ago

Blantyre

The people of Scotland voted , that's it . Imo there's no point in dragging it all back up , what if this or what if that . The support for the snp is actually answering your question OP. How many seats did they lose at the last elections. The more the snp go on about it the more seats they will lose .

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"The people of Scotland voted , that's it . Imo there's no point in dragging it all back up , what if this or what if that . The support for the snp is actually answering your question OP. How many seats did they lose at the last elections. The more the snp go on about it the more seats they will lose . "

Well said.x

"The people of Scotland voted , that's it . Imo there's no point in dragging it all back up , what if this or what if that . The support for the snp is actually answering your question OP. How many seats did they lose at the last elections. The more the snp go on about it the more seats they will lose . "

You never seen the latest poll from DR last week saying the SNP are set to regain the few lost seats ?

Labour are 3rd behind tories.

The people of Scotland were lied to. Remember the “vow” ?

The people of Scotland voted overwhelmingly to remain part of the EU.

The BBC licence you pay is a subscription to the Tory party.

Scotland will be independent of that I have no doubt.

and here.... we.... go.

"and here.... we.... go. "

Anything constructive to say ?

Have an opinion ?

I didn't vote in the last referendum. I was always traditionally a labour voter.

I monitor politics closely.

Since the last vote, the SNP have rarely mentioned another vote on independence however Ruth Davidson, the Conservative party and the Labour party mention it on a weekly basis. The trick there is to make the general public fed up of hearing the word "independence" and blame the SNP for harping on about it. This trick is working to a certain extent but Brexit is too prevalent in the public conscious.

I would certainly make an effort to vote Yes this time around. I'd like a more radical view of what an independent Scotland would look like

By *outhsider69Man  over a year ago

glasgow

"I didn't vote in the last referendum. I was always traditionally a labour voter.

I monitor politics closely.

Since the last vote, the SNP have rarely mentioned another vote on independence however Ruth Davidson, the Conservative party and the Labour party mention it on a weekly basis. The trick there is to make the general public fed up of hearing the word "independence" and blame the SNP for harping on about it. This trick is working to a certain extent but Brexit is too prevalent in the public conscious.

I would certainly make an effort to vote Yes this time around. I'd like a more radical view of what an independent Scotland would look like "

I think I’ve come from a similar place to you.

I grew up in a labour voting household, and had voted labour most of my life, except one or two libdem votes when the candidate impressed me more. I’d never voted SNP in my life.

I approached the independence referendum as an undecided, with an open mind to hear what both sides had to say. When I did decide which way to vote it was very late in the day, only a couple of days before the vote.

I voted YES, but not because the YES campaign convinced me to, but that the NO campaign convinced me not to vote for them (and yes, I remember ‘the pledge’ which to my knowledge has never been honoured) Both campaigns had a lot of negativity and I found it hard to sift through a lot of that to get to the real issues.

With hindsight I think that’s a near classic example of a protest vote, and I know I’m not alone in that.

The backlash of how the NO campaign had handled it before and after the vote created a surge of nationalistic feeling which was responsible for the huge SNP gains at the election the following year. A lot of those seats were lost the next time round, and many other parties have used this to claim the SNP are on the slide, but consider this, the seats they have now are still significantly more than they had prior to the 2015 election, so it’s not at all clear that the parties support is in free fall.

I voted SNP in the last two elections (first time in my life) but that doesn’t mean I will vote for them again at the next election. I’ll keep an open mind until polling day, whether that’s a general election or Indyref 2, but I must say that Nicola Sturgeon’s voiced fear of Scotland being dragged out of the EU, despite a large majority of Scots voting remain appears to be coming to pass, and Boris Johnson’s latest knife in the back of Teresa May points to a change of Prime Minister sooner rather than later.

We could have Johnson, Michael Gove, or God forbid Jacob Rhys Mogg as PM before Xmas

It was a no then, it’s ano now

I’m looking on st the madness of Brexit and can’t fathom why I would want to put Scotland through the same debacle (because it would be, there is a huge overlap in issues).

There is still no decision on currency

We still wouldn’t get into the EU under current rules (I don’t believe for a second any special dispensation would be made)

The world is trying to rid itself of fossil fuels ... a major income source for the country

Our aging demographic and employment profile (heavily public sector / civil service - nothing that produces goods or helps tax revenue)

The only powers of currently devolved to Scotland are welfare, I can’t see sense in up turning the country at this point. It would only cause more chaos

By *obertELeeMan  over a year ago

Montrose

If anyone thinks the independence referendum result was not tampered with ,then your kidding yourself.

By *itznBobz2018Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

"If anyone thinks the independence referendum result was not tampered with ,then your kidding yourself. "

Or here is a radical thought..... maybe more folk voted no because they wanted to?

Bitz

All that’s required is to convince the soft “no” voters. The govt is doing a very good job of that at the moment with the brexit no deal bus hanging over the cliff edge.

The staunch unionists/loyalist/sevconions/britnats/hootmans reading pensioners are a lost cause and will never be for turning.

edinburgh

"All that’s required is to convince the soft “no” voters. The govt is doing a very good job of that at the moment with the brexit no deal bus hanging over the cliff edge.

The staunch unionists/loyalist/sevconions/britnats/hootmans reading pensioners are a lost cause and will never be for turning. "

And this is what pisses me off, the derogatory way that people who voted no are referred to ..... oh and for your information I’m none of the above

Bitz

"All that’s required is to convince the soft “no” voters. The govt is doing a very good job of that at the moment with the brexit no deal bus hanging over the cliff edge.

The staunch unionists/loyalist/sevconions/britnats/hootmans reading pensioners are a lost cause and will never be for turning.

And this is what pisses me off, the derogatory way that people who voted no are referred to ..... oh and for your information I’m none of the above

Bitz"

I think a lot of derogatory terms were used regardless of which way people voted. One of the reasons why another group of people shudder at the thought of Indyref2, even if they did want independence before.

edinburgh

Bitz

I think a lot of derogatory terms were used regardless of which way people voted. One of the reasons why another group of people shudder at the thought of Indyref2, even if they did want independence before. "

Agreed

Bitz"

So you voted yes then ?

By *lixerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Scotland will be a normal independent nation. It's the natural state to be in.

Westminster doesn't work and Scotland leaving the union would be the move that would have to lead to total reform of RUK.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Based on what has happened since, if there was a referendum on independence tomorrow, would u still vote for Scotland to stay in the UK ?

What did you vote for in the last referendum & what would you vote for if there was another?"

I voted Yes to independence and I’d do the same in an instant

edinburgh

"

Bitz

So you voted yes then ? "

No surprises that that’s as good a reply as you can manage

Bitz

Montrose

"If anyone thinks the independence referendum result was not tampered with ,then your kidding yourself.

Or here is a radical thought..... maybe more folk voted no because they wanted to?

Bitz "

So please tell me why Ruth Davidson knew the postal vote result before they had been counted? There were other irregularities during the count like the fire alarm going off at the Dundee count 3 times.The building was ecacuated each time

Oh but wait a min,the cctv showed people at the counting tables when everyone else were at the muster points outside.

"

Bitz

So you voted yes then ?

Bitz "

Simple question. Aye or naw ?

edinburgh

"If anyone thinks the independence referendum result was not tampered with ,then your kidding yourself.

Bitz

So please tell me why Ruth Davidson knew the postal vote result before they had been counted? There were other irregularities during the count like the fire alarm going off at the Dundee count 3 times.The building was ecacuated each time

Oh but wait a min,the cctv showed people at the counting tables when everyone else were at the muster points outside. "

Do you honestly think the snp wouldn’t have made a big deal of it if they thought there was tampering going on

Bitz

edinburgh

"

Bitz

So you voted yes then ?

Bitz

Simple question. Aye or naw ? "

As you can clearly see I voted no ...... so which one of the types am I then ?

Bitz

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Wonders when folk will accept the will of the people instead of tehashing old news

By *ire and ice100Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 19/07/18 11:54:40]

"

Bitz

So you voted yes then ?

Bitz

Simple question. Aye or naw ?

As you can clearly see I voted no ...... so which one of the types am I then ?

Bitz "

Unionist obviously

Based on what has happened since, if there was a referendum on independence tomorrow, would u still vote for Scotland to stay in the UK ? "

Lol it wasn't that long ago you voted on independence. (All those years ago.) Your having a laugh

Trumps an arse. Brexit is fucked up. Boris may be prime minister soon. Indi2 a long way off. All very depressing. Any ladies want a shag to take their mind off all that? (sometimes need to remind myself what this site is meant to be about!)

The scots say we are mad to dump our biggest trading partners (Europe) so with independence isn't Scotland dumping it's own biggest trading partner (the uk). Have they decided which currency they will use as the pound and Euro can't be used. Just a thought that's all guys in this light hearted discussions on Scottish independence. Ps, you will get to the world cup one day. Yes when pigs start flying lol. See a light hearted Joke to end with.

I voted yes and would do again I firmly believe the independence vote was lost as it became a religious vote became us and them where it should have been a Scottish vote full stop.

"The scots say we are mad to dump our biggest trading partners (Europe) so with independence isn't Scotland dumping it's own biggest trading partner (the uk). Have they decided which currency they will use as the pound and Euro can't be used. Just a thought that's all guys in this light hearted discussions on Scottish independence. Ps, you will get to the world cup one day. Yes when pigs start flying lol. See a light hearted Joke to end with. "
so might England.see we can take a joke.can You?better luck next time tho you may even get to the finals 1 day

"The scots say we are mad to dump our biggest trading partners (Europe) so with independence isn't Scotland dumping it's own biggest trading partner (the uk). Have they decided which currency they will use as the pound and Euro can't be used. Just a thought that's all guys in this light hearted discussions on Scottish independence. Ps, you will get to the world cup one day. Yes when pigs start flying lol. See a light hearted Joke to end with. "

Let’s see if your laughing when Scotland turns off the oil water and gas tap to englandshire

Ps, you will get to the world cup one day. Yes when pigs start flying lol. See a light hearted Joke to end with. 

Scots may not see this as a joke.

Back to the yes no maybe vote stuff. If it had not been for the older generation of Labour voters wanting the status quo.

Scotland would already be independent. Just saying.

Blantyre

"The people of Scotland voted , that's it . Imo there's no point in dragging it all back up , what if this or what if that . The support for the snp is actually answering your question OP. How many seats did they lose at the last elections. The more the snp go on about it the more seats they will lose .

You never seen the latest poll from DR last week saying the SNP are set to regain the few lost seats ?

Scotland will be independent of that I have no doubt. "

Overall, 1,661,191 voters backed Remain in Scotland, with 1,018,322 voting for Leave.

What our Nicola s did before the brexit vote was very clever. She gave the independence supporters a carrot , by saying if we have a huge difference in what WE want and the rest of the UK over leaving Europe, then it would give her the ammunition for a second referendum. Knowing most of UK wanted OUT Europe she convinced scots to vote to remain in Europe. Sadly the ploy never worked and now she's losing seats through continued focus on Indy 2. Most of the people I know actually want out Europe.

"The people of Scotland voted , that's it . Imo there's no point in dragging it all back up , what if this or what if that . The support for the snp is actually answering your question OP. How many seats did they lose at the last elections. The more the snp go on about it the more seats they will lose .

Overall, 1,661,191 voters backed Remain in Scotland, with 1,018,322 voting for Leave.

What our Nicola s did before the brexit vote was very clever. She gave the independence supporters a carrot , by saying if we have a huge difference in what WE want and the rest of the UK over leaving Europe, then it would give her the ammunition for a second referendum. Knowing most of UK wanted OUT Europe she convinced scots to vote to remain in Europe. Sadly the ploy never worked and now she's losing seats through continued focus on Indy 2. Most of the people I know actually want out Europe. "

Latest poll would suggest otherwise.

As has been said it’s the tories who keep banging the Indy drum.

Blantyre

What our Nicola s did before the brexit vote was very clever. She gave the independence supporters a carrot , by saying if we have a huge difference in what WE want and the rest of the UK over leaving Europe, then it would give her the ammunition for a second referendum. Knowing most of UK wanted OUT Europe she convinced scots to vote to remain in Europe. Sadly the ploy never worked and now she's losing seats through continued focus on Indy 2. Most of the people I know actually want out Europe.

"

Yes I will agree since the last election Nicola has calmed it down a good bit. I like Nicola but the reason I never voted at all on Indy was because I wanted it but felt there was no feasible plan to implement it.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Anyone looking for rational debate its that way -------- third door on your left after the dungeon room

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

The FM is caught between a rock and a hard place with regards to IndyRef2.

There are many within her party who wish it soon, however the polls would suggest that it will be the same result again.

They need to shift the polls in their favour before calling IndyRef2.

They have the once in a generation theme to get over.

However given the current turmoil in Westminster I don't see the PM allowing it through.

By *elaxedcplCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Wonders when folk will accept the will of the people instead of tehashing old news"

It was 4 years ago and if another referendum on Scottish independence does get the go ahead it would take 1 year+ to organise. 5 years of voters passing away and younger people who would be old enough to vote.

glasgow

Yes I will agree since the last election Nicola has calmed it down a good bit. I like Nicola but the reason I never voted at all on Indy was because I wanted it but felt there was no feasible plan to implement it. "

That’s a sensible position to take, pretty close to where I am. I like the idea of it but only with a feasible plan in place.

As for Ruth Davidson’s continued mentioning of indyref 2, there’s an analogy came to me during the general election, Scottish leaders debate.

It’s like having a neighbour who’s ginger (not offence to gingers lol) and every time you see them, shouting at them “hey, carrot top, hey Duracell battery... you’re ginger aren’t you?!?” To which the ginger person politely says yes.

Then you spend the rest of the day telling all your pals “I’m sick fed up of that ginger person reminding me that they’re ginger!!”

You fuckin asked them though!!!

"The scots say we are mad to dump our biggest trading partners (Europe) so with independence isn't Scotland dumping it's own biggest trading partner (the uk). Have they decided which currency they will use as the pound and Euro can't be used. Just a thought that's all guys in this light hearted discussions on Scottish independence. Ps, you will get to the world cup one day. Yes when pigs start flying lol. See a light hearted Joke to end with. so might England.see we can take a joke.can You?better luck next time tho you may even get to the finals 1 day "

Yes green is the colour lol. Don't forget we have won it before.

"The scots say we are mad to dump our biggest trading partners (Europe) so with independence isn't Scotland dumping it's own biggest trading partner (the uk). Have they decided which currency they will use as the pound and Euro can't be used. Just a thought that's all guys in this light hearted discussions on Scottish independence. Ps, you will get to the world cup one day. Yes when pigs start flying lol. See a light hearted Joke to end with.

Let’s see if your laughing when Scotland turns off the oil water and gas tap to englandshire "

You can't leave. We drink to much scotch so say no

coatbridge

"Wonders when folk will accept the will of the people instead of tehashing old news

It was 4 years ago and if another referendum on Scottish independence does get the go ahead it would take 1 year+ to organise. 5 years of voters passing away and younger people who would be old enough to vote."

so just keep rehashing it till you get your way is the answer very childish in my opinion

"The scots say we are mad to dump our biggest trading partners (Europe) so with independence isn't Scotland dumping it's own biggest trading partner (the uk). Have they decided which currency they will use as the pound and Euro can't be used. Just a thought that's all guys in this light hearted discussions on Scottish independence. Ps, you will get to the world cup one day. Yes when pigs start flying lol. See a light hearted Joke to end with. so might England.see we can take a joke.can You?better luck next time tho you may even get to the finals 1 day

Yes green is the colour lol. Don't forget we have won it before. "

did You? Can't ever recall that being mentioned...many moons ago..yawn

O.P smacks of nationalist desperation

I voted no and would vote no again. There's still too much uncertainty surrounding major issues for me to vote yes

By *lara_JamieCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Scotland will be a normal independent nation. It's the natural state to be in.

Westminster doesn't work and Scotland leaving the union would be the move that would have to lead to total reform of RUK. "

That's pretty much it. It's only a matter of time. There's about 6 million people in London alone which is around our population up here. Who is best placed to look after us?

"O.P smacks of nationalist desperation "

Would that be scottish nationalist or British nationalist ? Seems one is fine the other evil lol

Glasgow

"Wonders when folk will accept the will of the people instead of tehashing old news

It was 4 years ago and if another referendum on Scottish independence does get the go ahead it would take 1 year+ to organise. 5 years of voters passing away and younger people who would be old enough to vote.so just keep rehashing it till you get your way is the answer very childish in my opinion "

Come on, the Scottish electorate were manipulated and lied to, that wasn't a fair vote. Do you remember some of the lies?

We won't get to join the EU

Mobile phone costs would increase

Pensioners would lose their pensions

The NHS would suffer

Economically incapable

Hard border...

Then there was "The Vow" which we all knew was nonsense.

By *pinCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

It was 4 years ago and if another referendum on Scottish independence does get the go ahead it would take 1 year+ to organise. 5 years of voters passing away and younger people who would be old enough to vote.so just keep rehashing it till you get your way is the answer very childish in my opinion

Come on, the Scottish electorate were manipulated and lied to, that wasn't a fair vote. Do you remember some of the lies?

The NHS would suffer

Economically incapable

Hard border...

Then there was "The Vow" which we all knew was nonsense."

They wouldn’t let you vote if you could make a difference.

Why has Britain become home to so many bad losers and cry babies. Whether your and English football fan complaining we were robbed or the remoaners crying about Brexit

And the Scots saying how the vote was rigged. Democracy only works when people abide by the result of a vote. Votes on independence should only be allowed every 30 years then you can stop calling each other nasty names and learn to live together and as an Englishman i do have a right to speak on this subject as we are all brothers and sistors in our great UK

"Why has Britain become home to so many bad losers and cry babies. Whether your and English football fan complaining we were robbed or the remoaners crying about Brexit

And the Scots saying how the vote was rigged. Democracy only works when people abide by the result of a vote. Votes on independence should only be allowed every 30 years then you can stop calling each other nasty names and learn to live together and as an Englishman i do have a right to speak on this subject as we are all brothers and sistors in our great UK

"

30 years ? it’s called democracy which works both ways. Well Be Indy within 2 yrs

coatbridge

It was 4 years ago and if another referendum on Scottish independence does get the go ahead it would take 1 year+ to organise. 5 years of voters passing away and younger people who would be old enough to vote.so just keep rehashing it till you get your way is the answer very childish in my opinion

The NHS would suffer

Economically incapable

Hard border...

all that is your view the fact is the people spoke and voted remain..

which certain folk wont accept so keep banging on about a repeat.

The NHS would suffer

Economically incapable

Hard border...

Then there was "The Vow" which we all knew was nonsense.all that is your view the fact is the people spoke and voted remain..

which certain folk wont accept so keep banging on about a repeat."

The people voted based upon deliberate misinformation, that’s not an opinion hard evidence substantiates that fact, so did the people vote based upon the most accurate/truthful information available? No which is why perhaps people are rightly aggrieved at the outcome. It is a deliberate and often practiced tactic by the Westminster foreign parliament, one only needs to look at the misinformation out and out lies surrounding Brexit!

coatbridge

We may not get to join the EU

Mobile phone costs may increase

Pensioners may lose their pensions

The NHS might suffer

Economically incapable

Hard border is a possibility

Then there was "The Vow" which alot make noise about so please tell us what this vow was hint...... there wasnt one.

the simple fact is alot of folk believe all the things you detailed little realising both sides claimed things with words like possibly maybe. No one was duped as much as you want to feel hard done by. I know none of this will make a bit of diffrence and this will keep on getting banged on about until the children get there way.

at least snp is not as jaded as there followers and see the sense in leaving it alone perhaps putting together a plan for the future instead of crying and demanding another referendum.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Scotland will be independent of that I have no doubt. "

[Removed by poster at 19/07/18 17:41:03]

Quite why you feel the need to be so disparaging about people who do not share your point of view is a bit of a mystery. Perhaps when the “sheep” who bought the pro-Union bullshit and bluster will stop telling me not to voice concerns about the validity of a dubious result based upon lies, deceit and gullibility I might stop crying.

The only children I concern myself with are my own whom I want to have a far more prosperous future in an independent Scotland than they ever would under a foreign government seated in Westminster.

"O.P smacks of nationalist desperation

Would that be scottish nationalist or British nationalist ? Seems one is fine the other evil lol "

Two cheeks of the same arse

Suddenly I find myself wishing this thread would be locked down, doused in something flammable and cremated.

coatbridge

"Quite why you feel the need to be so disparaging about people who do not share your point of view is a bit of a mystery. Perhaps when the “sheep” who bought the pro-Union bullshit and bluster will stop telling me not to voice concerns about the validity of a dubious result based upon lies, deceit and gullibility I might stop crying.

The only children I concern myself with are my own whom I want to have a far more prosperous future in an independent Scotland than they ever would under a foreign government seated in Westminster."

theirin lies you problem it was a fair vote all parties concerned agreed it was a fair vote. The snp took the result on the chin and accepted the will of the people.

its only individuals who dont agree with the result who want to claim lies and deception all the crying and banging on just creates division which actually hinders any possibility of things moving forward because your so focused on the past

Blantyre

The NHS would suffer

Economically incapable

Hard border...

As said I was an obstainer but did the SNP ever say what would happen if we got our independence.

No

All they said when posed a difficult sensible question was don't worry it will be ok. Lol.

I bet the captain of the titanic said that when he said "increase speed" entering an ice field.

"Quite why you feel the need to be so disparaging about people who do not share your point of view is a bit of a mystery. Perhaps when the “sheep” who bought the pro-Union bullshit and bluster will stop telling me not to voice concerns about the validity of a dubious result based upon lies, deceit and gullibility I might stop crying.

The only children I concern myself with are my own whom I want to have a far more prosperous future in an independent Scotland than they ever would under a foreign government seated in Westminster.theirin lies you problem it was a fair vote all parties concerned agreed it was a fair vote. The snp took the result on the chin and accepted the will of the people.

its only individuals who dont agree with the result who want to claim lies and deception all the crying and banging on just creates division which actually hinders any possibility of things moving forward because your so focused on the past

"

Kola the only thing that creates division is when someone shits on my plate and tells me it’s fillet steak, when I know it’s definitely NOT fillet steak. You have a party in government who have been investigated for numerous instances of election fraud, one only had to witness the blatant bias of MSM institutions for me to draw a reasonable conclusion that the independence referendum was not manipulated by unionist propaganda which has subsequently proven to be a total crock of shit. Remember “If you want to keep EU membership you must remain part of the Union”? Fast forward 12-18 months “I say chaps we the upper class Eton chinless wonders, you know the ones who told you to stay with us to remain in the EU? Thing is we don’t particularly like Johnny Foreigner and we are somewhat pissing our little starched knickers and choking on our Pimms because we don’t want to be in Europe so we’re leaving. Oh that’s despite the fact that every local government authority in your country voted “Remain”. Now there’s a good little forelock tugging oik, off you pop and let us get back to fucking up the welfare state and giving our fat cat friends and their businesses a tax break. Thanks awfully”

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think people who are talking about lies on the Unionist side are forgetting the White Paper. There's a reason the SNP are now starting to disown it and even one of the authors involved in it admits it wasn't based on facts.

coatbridge

You seem to have alot of pent up hate and weird "facts" that only you seem to be able to fathom.

for me its simple we were asked a question we answered we remained.

Now its cry cry cry a bit more claim foul until we get our way its tragic

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

I voted YES but now I’d vote NO

"You seem to have alot of pent up hate and weird "facts" that only you seem to be able to fathom.

Now its cry cry cry a bit more claim foul until we get our way its tragic "

No pent up hate, but thanks for the unnecessary pseudo counselling session.

glasgow

"You seem to have alot of pent up hate and weird "facts" that only you seem to be able to fathom.

Now its cry cry cry a bit more claim foul until we get our way its tragic

No pent up hate, but thanks for the unnecessary pseudo counselling session."

Same here, there’s seems to be a myth that everyone who voted or contemplated voting yes is some kind rabid fanatic who’s been lashing out at the other side since the vote

Sorry to disappoint... life goes on

Montrose

"I voted YES but now I’d vote NO"

What's changed your mind? I can't think of one thing they promised for voting no that has come to fruition.

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Promises in the White Paper and statements from Salmond that turned to dust probably, things like continous and seamless EU membership which was false, oil bringing in 8bn a year and that it would remain constant at £110 per barrel.

Wee things like that maybe.

Nobody likes being sold a pig in a poke.

Indy ref 2 talk of a second brexit vote are we just becoming a nation where the democratic voice of the people is just ignored and we all just have to keep having votes till the desired result is obtained. No matter what happens so let no as there’s two or more party in an election someone is going to lose and obviously there going to be upset about that but dose that mean they can stamp there feet and demand a redo till they get there own way ?

And do people really believe that a politician is going to be any different be they sitting in Westminster or Hollyrood. They all push there own agenda before those of there constitutes.

By *inkycarolineTV/TS  over a year ago

Kilwinning

I'm English and live and work here in Scotland. I voted no and would still vote no. As far as I can see Scotland could never afford to be independant without huge cuts in spending and tax rises. We have seen middle earners hit with a tax rise and also a tax on alcohol( not sure if the SNP realise we can pop over the border and buy it cheap)

All I see from the SNP is a constant blaiming of Westminster for their own failings when they are actually in control.

Not a fan of either of the other 2 parties.

Thats my 2 pence worth

Montrose

"Promises in the White Paper and statements from Salmond that turned to dust probably, things like continous and seamless EU membership which was false, oil bringing in 8bn a year and that it would remain constant at £110 per barrel.

Nobody likes being sold a pig in a poke. "

The vow was a bigger lie.The oil we were told prior to the indy ref was running out when in fact there is more to be produced than actually has been.Strange thing was how many big new fields were found post no vote.Salmon is the best man to believe as far as oil prices revenue etc as he is an oil economist.

"I'm English and live and work here in Scotland. I voted no and would still vote no. As far as I can see Scotland could never afford to be independant without huge cuts in spending and tax rises. We have seen middle earners hit with a tax rise and also a tax on alcohol( not sure if the SNP realise we can pop over the border and buy it cheap)

All I see from the SNP is a constant blaiming of Westminster for their own failings when they are actually in control.

Thats my 2 pence worth"

You might want you educate yourself with what is actually devolved and what isn’t.

Glasgow

"Promises in the White Paper and statements from Salmond that turned to dust probably, things like continous and seamless EU membership which was false, oil bringing in 8bn a year and that it would remain constant at £110 per barrel.

The vow was a bigger lie.The oil we were told prior to the indy ref was running out when in fact there is more to be produced than actually has been.Strange thing was how many big new fields were found post no vote.Salmon is the best man to believe as far as oil prices revenue etc as he is an oil economist."

It would be an idea to look at the oil forecasts, they were adjusted slightle recently but oil production is falling and will continued to fall every single year.

Also, Salmonds oil projections have been shown to be wildly wrong. His forecasts were worse than any others forecast at the time

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 19/07/18 22:52:56]

Glasgow

I should probably add a link to the details. It's all in here

https://www.ogauthority.co.uk/news-publications/publications/2018/projections-of-uk-oil-and-gas-production-and-expenditure-report/

There was a small bounce in production but it's all downhill for gas and oil, the only discussion to be had is just how quick the decline will be.

With regards to Salmond, he said income from oil and gas would be between £6.8 and £7.9 billion in 2016/17. It was actually £84 million. So it was almost 1/100th what he predicted.

Those figures are from the Scottish Govt. Link is here:

http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2017/08/7201/4

It'll happen that's for sure.The fact of the matter is nationalism is growing westminister treat Scotland with even more contempt than the did before 2014 and Scotland voted overwhelmingly to stay part of europe.But the biggest thing is that the youth of today and tommorow are all politically engaged and are pro active in pushing for it.They're media social savvy and can get to the truth easier than the elder generation who rely on the establishment main stream news outlets who have an agenda to push (project fear) take the elder electrate out of the equation and an idepandant Scotland is a done deal.Westminster will have no one to blame but themselves for breaking up the union and the farce that's playing out over brexit in a so called democracy is a sight to behold.Looks like a socialist and reveloutionist government is going to get in even on the back of one of the biggest smear campaigns ever to face a party leader.Interesting times.

Once in a life time vote this is the past and in the past it should remain x

Politicians are so often in it for themselves or their mates. I think the tories in westminster will privately support indy2.

Think about it. Labour will at some point have a resurgence in scotland. When they do they will be in a position to form a westminster govt. Independence would ensure a tory govt in westminster for a generation. Its a numbers game.

I voted yes, and i would vote yes again. But, the question has been asked n answered. Maybe the SNP should get on with the job they were (partially) elected to do and govern the country, instead of trying to manipulate every situation into a reason to have ANOTHER referendum.

"I voted yes, and i would vote yes again. But, the question has been asked n answered. Maybe the SNP should get on with the job they were (partially) elected to do and govern the country, instead of trying to manipulate every situation into a reason to have ANOTHER referendum. "

That being the case the party wouldn’t be called the SNP

After Indy they will cease to excist and perhaps labour and fringe elements can come to the fore.

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

"It'll happen that's for sure.The fact of the matter is nationalism is growing westminister treat Scotland with even more contempt than the did before 2014 and Scotland voted overwhelmingly to stay part of europe.But the biggest thing is that the youth of today and tommorow are all politically engaged and are pro active in pushing for it.They're media social savvy and can get to the truth easier than the elder generation who rely on the establishment main stream news outlets who have an agenda to push (project fear) take the elder electrate out of the equation and an idepandant Scotland is a done deal.Westminster will have no one to blame but themselves for breaking up the union and the farce that's playing out over brexit in a so called democracy is a sight to behold.Looks like a socialist and reveloutionist government is going to get in even on the back of one of the biggest smear campaigns ever to face a party leader.Interesting times."

The youth of today may be more politically savvy but they also feel more entitled to a better life. People of our generation WORKED to get where we are . We never said I'm entitled to this or that so I'm voting labour or snp or Tory in to give me it. I can assure you , if the youth of today and tomorrow do get there independent Scotland they will be in for a very big reality check. The term snowflakes, perfectly describes today's youth. Harsh but true.

I voted no and would voted no again.

In a democratic society the vote was carried out be the people and despite the snp best efforts (changing voting rules to let 16/17 year olds to voted) the majority of people voted no to independence. The same process for brexit. Democracy is the mainstay of our nation.

My worry is that we have another vote and yes is the answer. Do we then have another In a best off three competition?? When Do we start playing rock, paper scissors to make decisions??

Referrendums are great, but they should be once In a generation solutions, not once every five year til you get the answer you want!!

Yes last time, yes again this time amd yes the time after that if need be.

I never signed up to any "once in a generation" vote, which wastes the coming generation's opportunities.

Irrespective of political parties, I'll be voting yes for the sole principle of self governance.

Blantyre

"Yes last time, yes again this time amd yes the time after that if need be.

I never signed up to any "once in a generation" vote, which wastes the coming generation's opportunities.

Irrespective of political parties, I'll be voting yes for the sole principle of self governance."

Self governance would be great but where are we going to get all the money for public services and the NHS not to mention an army, navy or air force. Or are we going to cherry pick what we want to be a part of and dump the parts we don't like. Aberdeen is no longer the boom town the oil industry made it, what happens when those wells start to dry up . Let's fund our NHS off whisky sales. Or we could always raise our taxes until no one wants to live here any more , the first to leave will be the people who voted for independence. I would love independence but show the FACT based evidence it will work.

By *976scottMan  over a year ago

North Lanarkshire

Maybe I’m thinking of this in too simple terms however I don’t get that the SNP want an independent Scotland however are dead set on remaining in the EU and being governed by the European governmental system where we can’t make our own laws, control our waters or borders.

Maybe I’m just looking at the issue too simplistically but it seems to be the SNP get out of jail card to blame Westminster for everything that is wrong in Scotland

"Yes last time, yes again this time amd yes the time after that if need be.

Irrespective of political parties, I'll be voting yes for the sole principle of self governance.

Self governance would be great but where are we going to get all the money for public services and the NHS not to mention an army, navy or air force. Or are we going to cherry pick what we want to be a part of and dump the parts we don't like. Aberdeen is no longer the boom town the oil industry made it, what happens when those wells start to dry up . Let's fund our NHS off whisky sales. Or we could always raise our taxes until no one wants to live here any more , the first to leave will be the people who voted for independence. I would love independence but show the FACT based evidence it will work."

The to wee to poor mentality. Look at other countries similar in size to Scotland.

I'd like to know what make Scotland so inherently different to every other small country in the world that makes us unable to govern ourselves.

The truth is, we live in a broken system that doesn't serve us and the best way to make positive changes is through independence.

The oil has been running out since they found it yet investment continues, not that we are all in favour of that.

Until you are able to seperate the concept of independence with a political party then you haven't understood the question. I know what the SNP want with regards to the EU, the same as most of Scotland though not myself. I'm fully aware that we may become independent and vote to go into the EU but at least the decision will be taken here by the people it directly affects.

Im well aware there would be a general election after a successful referendum. However, the case is that it was voted against.

Bitz

Oh but wait a min,the cctv showed people at the counting tables when everyone else were at the muster points outside. "

Fake news.... the alledged til was traced back to Sputnick the Russian propaganda media !!!

Yup depends on brexit. There is only one brexit they can offer and that's a hard brexit. No one will agree on the white paper. And if they do it has to go to Brussels. Very hard to see this white paper getting through . So only option is a hard brexit. Now that everyone knows the truth it should be up to the people of the UK to decide if that's what they want. If it's a go and we leave on hard think Scotland will go for another ref. Like last time I'll be voting for indie .

What I don't understand is we have indyref 2 because of brexit....we vote for independence because we are out of the EU....but can't rejoin because the snp want to keep the pound for ten years.

If we did rejoin the new powers we are gaining go straight back to the EU.

So to me the arse that is brexit is just a redherring !!!

"What I don't understand is we have indyref 2 because of brexit..."

If you want to remain part of Europe you must vote NO was the lies in amongst others that were spouted during indyref

The NO vote was carried and now were heading over the brexit cliff edge that Scotland voted overwhelmingly to remain part of.

"What I don't understand is we have indyref 2 because of brexit...

If you want to remain part of Europe you must vote NO was the lies in amongst others that were spouted during indyref

The NO vote was carried and now were heading over the brexit cliff edge that Scotland voted overwhelmingly to remain part of. "

And still can't rejoin the EU because of the currency situation! !!

I don't want "new powers" as determined by another government in London when they're planning to shaft me at the same time.

I want 100% control and then it's up to the people who live here to decide what to do with that.

Forget what the SNP want, they only get to do what they want if people put them in office. There's a bigger picture

Not only is 70% of ppl in Scotland paying less tax than elsewhere in the UK. But with that, they get:

Free prescriptions

Free tuition

No hospital parking charges

Free personal care

Doubled free childcare of 30 hrs

£880 mill more spent on the NHS than the rUK

Less council tax

+ no road or bridge tolls

+ free bus travel for over 60s

+ mitigating bedroom tax, period poverty, etc, etc, etc!

Ayrshire

All thanks to being in the union.

As for wanting independence because of Brexit, an independent Scotland would be out of the EU in the hardest possible sense with no prospect of rejoining.

Out of the EU and the UK in one go.

If you think Westminster is in a mess, how would Holyrood cope with that double whammy?

The way things are going Tommy Robinson will be prime minister of England once we all fuck off

"I don't want "new powers" as determined by another government in London when they're planning to shaft me at the same time.

I want 100% control and then it's up to the people who live here to decide what to do with that.

Forget what the SNP want, they only get to do what they want if people put them in office. There's a bigger picture "

The new powers that are being brought back from the EU and handed back to Brussels on rejoining.

I voted remain but don't understand voting to leave UK to join eu and I am supposed to be happy giving these powers to bureaucrats I did not elect. At least in Westminster someone represents me.

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

Voted No last time...I'll vote No next time.

You cant have your cake and eat it.

SNP don't have the moral ground to call for an Indy 2 vote, why not?, well simply because the majority of people in the country said no thanks... a democratic vote.

Cant use the same argument for staying in Europe because the majority of people of Scotland voted for it against the rest of the UK...again a democratic vote.

How far can you bleat about democratic rights if you just want to continue going against the democratic results just because it doesn't suit you?

Irrespective, its all about timing and consequence.

If Sturgeon calls and gets approval for Indy 2 vote and the vote doesn't go her way, not only will she be out on her ear but the SNP party itself will fold, exactly the same as UKIP.

The independence dream inside the fantasy bubble will 'pop for ever.

" The new powers that are being brought back from the EU and handed back to Brussels on rejoining.

I voted remain but don't understand voting to leave UK to join eu and I am supposed to be happy giving these powers to bureaucrats I did not elect. At least in Westminster someone represents me."

If you had read what I said you'd have understood that I'd be arguing against rejoining, however if we chose to then it would at least be us who decided it, so while I may not like it or get my way, id accept it.

Someome may "represent" you by title in Westminster (as someone does in the EU, your MEP) Westminster does not represent or serve many in society.

I'm for leaving the EU but not on the UKIP agenda so fuck being part of a parochial sinking ship.

" The new powers that are being brought back from the EU and handed back to Brussels on rejoining.

I voted remain but don't understand voting to leave UK to join eu and I am supposed to be happy giving these powers to bureaucrats I did not elect. At least in Westminster someone represents me.

If you had read what I said you'd have understood that I'd be arguing against rejoining, however if we chose to then it would at least be us who decided it, so while I may not like it or get my way, id accept it.

Someome may "represent" you by title in Westminster (as someone does in the EU, your MEP) Westminster does not represent or serve many in society.

I'm for leaving the EU but not on the UKIP agenda so fuck being part of a parochial sinking ship.

"

FIVE meps that represent Scotland in the EU. Not a great number to be honest. I understand about leaving the EU but I don't care under who's agenda we are leaving unfortunately

5 at present while we're in the UK. If we were to join afterwards, it may be more, or less but they still have a veto which is more than we have in the UK.

Again, I'm not advocating being in the EU but the point is, the people who live here should determine that.

Our 57 MPs in Westminster are due to be reduced and we've already got little punching power. Should I feel represented there?

Westminster is a cesspit of depravity, an antique of a decaying empire. Time to go

"Voted No last time...I'll vote No next time.

SNP don't have the moral ground to call for an Indy 2 vote, why not?, well simply because the majority of people in the country said no thanks... a democratic vote.

Cant use the same argument for staying in Europe because the majority of people of Scotland voted for it against the rest of the UK...again a democratic vote.

How far can you bleat about democratic rights if you just want to continue going against the democratic results just because it doesn't suit you?

If Sturgeon calls and gets approval for Indy 2 vote and the vote doesn't go her way, not only will she be out on her ear but the SNP party itself will fold, exactly the same as UKIP.

"

Filed under unionist... next lol

By *iboy69Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Ayrshire

The NO vote was carried and now were heading over the brexit cliff edge that Scotland voted overwhelmingly to remain part of. "

Here we are four years after that referendum and we are still members of the EU.

If yes won that referendum we would have been out of the EU in March 2016, according to correspondence between the EU Commissions VP and the Scottish government.

These yes voters were happy to leave the EU in 2014, so why the faux outrage now?

"5 at present while we're in the UK. If we were to join afterwards, it may be more, or less but they still have a veto which is more than we have in the UK.

Again, I'm not advocating being in the EU but the point is, the people who live here should determine that.

Our 57 MPs in Westminster are due to be reduced and we've already got little punching power. Should I feel represented there?

Westminster is a cesspit of depravity, an antique of a decaying empire. Time to go "

The numbers are being reduced across the whole UK not just Scotland. I really don't see Scotland being GIVEN many more meps by the baurocrats of Brussels.

Filed under unionist... next lol "

The lady expressed an opinion and you labeled her and dismissed her !!!!

Not exactly balanced debating !!!

The NO vote was carried and now were heading over the brexit cliff edge that Scotland voted overwhelmingly to remain part of.

Here we are four years after that referendum and we are still members of the EU.

If yes won that referendum we would have been out of the EU in March 2016, according to correspondence between the EU Commissions VP and the Scottish government.

These yes voters were happy to leave the EU in 2014, so why the faux outrage now? "

The snp did campaign not to join the eu in the first place when the UK was up for membership! !!

"

Actually if you look up on the thread you will see my filing system.

Unionist is one of them which is hunky dory but that falls under the not for changing so no point engaging. Your welcome

Unionist is one of them which is hunky dory but that falls under the not for changing so no point engaging. Your welcome "

And you have proof the lady won't change her mind !!!!

I know she seemed pretty adamant which way she would vote but you dismissiness is not very nice.

These yes voters were happy to leave the EU in 2014, so why the faux outrage now? "

Scotland would have to reapply to join if Indy become reality. JCJ intimated that the member states could allow fast entry.

Of course Spain being a facist regeim would veto because of Gibraltar. Things then get messy but not impossible as it will be new ground for all involved.

Unionist is one of them which is hunky dory but that falls under the not for changing so no point engaging. Your welcome

I know she seemed pretty adamant which way she would vote but you dismissiness is not very nice."

That’s politics...

"Suddenly I find myself wishing this thread would be locked down, doused in something flammable and cremated.

"

Just wait till the first old firm game of the season then. The rats come crawling out from all sides. Its a wonderful read

Montrose

The vow was a bigger lie.The oil we were told prior to the indy ref was running out when in fact there is more to be produced than actually has been.Strange thing was how many big new fields were found post no vote.Salmon is the best man to believe as far as oil prices revenue etc as he is an oil economist.

It would be an idea to look at the oil forecasts, they were adjusted slightle recently but oil production is falling and will continued to fall every single year.

Also, Salmonds oil projections have been shown to be wildly wrong. His forecasts were worse than any others forecast at the time"

Lol with just a few new fields that have just been found they alone will last into the late 2030s.we were told by head Quilting Ian Wood just before the indy ref that the oil was running out.Just days after the no vote they announced the finding of 2 new large oil finds.We were lied to and cheated.

Ayrshire

These yes voters were happy to leave the EU in 2014, so why the faux outrage now?

Scotland would have to reapply to join if Indy become reality. JCJ intimated that the member states could allow fast entry.

Of course Spain being a facist regeim would veto because of Gibraltar. Things then get messy but not impossible as it will be new ground for all involved. "

There is no such a thing as a fast track to entry, all candidate countries must comply with the acquis communautaire.

Any alteration to this would require Treaty change, I doubt that there would be unanimous support from all 27 members for such a treaty change.

Of course Spain being a facist regeim would veto because of Gibraltar. Things then get messy but not impossible as it will be new ground for all involved.

There is no such a thing as a fast track to entry, all candidate countries must comply with the acquis communautaire.

Any alteration to this would require Treaty change, I doubt that there would be unanimous support from all 27 members for such a treaty change.

"

Which is what I just said

Ayrshire

Not really, you introduced the "fast track" red herring.

I know she seemed pretty adamant which way she would vote but you dismissiness is not very nice.

That’s politics... "

No it is not politics it is plain name calling and dismissiness which is a big problem for both sides of the arguement. Do you really expect to impress or change another person's view with such a lack of a cohesive view !!

lanarkshire

Of course Spain being a facist regeim would veto because of Gibraltar. Things then get messy but not impossible as it will be new ground for all involved. "

You have a bit of an attitude individual aren't you, openly aggressive in tone and attitude about things and people who don't agree with your mind think don't you. I suppose its a born skill you have being right all the time as well as being blessed with the the skill of a 'seer'.. knowing what I am by a post.

Let me see if I have the reciprocal skill ...You were the youngest in the family or an only child...used to getting your own way, wee stamp of the feet if things didnt go your way. Grew up a wee school bully, no friends but a lonely person.

Don't worry about it though your amongst friends ( noooooooooottttttttttt)

edinburgh

You have a bit of an attitude individual aren't you, openly aggressive in tone and attitude about things and people who don't agree with your mind think don't you. I suppose its a born skill you have being right all the time as well as being blessed with the the skill of a 'seer'.. knowing what I am by a post.

Let me see if I have the reciprocal skill ...You were the youngest in the family or an only child...used to getting your own way, wee stamp of the feet if things didnt go your way. Grew up a wee school bully, no friends but a lonely person.

Don't worry about it though your amongst friends ( noooooooooottttttttttt)"

He called me one too, even though he has absolutely no idea about why I voted no and my reasons for doing so..... but hey it makes him feel like a big man

edinburgh

Oh and that was bitz...... don’t want bobz to take the blame as he’s a yes

lanarkshire

As of this minute...126 replies to this thread....same individual has the given 20 inputs.

But ain't we are so lucky to someone like him to keep us all correct in our ways and thoughts. So dominant and forceful lol lol

I 'sense' the dummy will be coming out soon for number 21

Enough said...

glasgow

"As of this minute...126 replies to this thread....same individual has the given 20 inputs.

But ain't we are so lucky to someone like him to keep us all correct in our ways and thoughts. So dominant and forceful lol lol

Enough said... "

Hold on, I’ve only posted 3 times?

glasgow

"As of this minute...126 replies to this thread....same individual has the given 20 inputs.

Enough said...

Hold on, I’ve only posted 3 times? "

Bugger, I meant 4.... oh no I mean 5 including this one!!!

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I voted against independence and against Brexit. No one actually thought through the outcomes.

They knew we’re having these referendums but no one thought how they would be implemented. Nicola Sturgeon wanted another referendum, does she not think we can make up our own minds. The Scottish Government has more power so let’s see how they handle it. So far education and the NHS are struggling.

As for leaving the EU it was always going to be a messy split. The referendum was promised to win votes for David Cameron. Then he stepped down and let everyone else sort it out.

If we’d said no to Brexit the politicians could have concentrated on what’s important at home.

"Not really, you introduced the "fast track" red herring. "

Not really maybe look at 2018

That’s politics...

No it is not politics it is plain name calling and dismissiness which is a big problem for both sides of the arguement. Do you really expect to impress or change another person's view with such a lack of a cohesive view !!"

Not really that’s why their filed under lost cause.

Gimme soft no’s and we”ll talk

Don't worry about it though your amongst friends ( noooooooooottttttttttt)"

You support sevco

Move along now

Kilwinning

"I'm English and live and work here in Scotland. I voted no and would still vote no. As far as I can see Scotland could never afford to be independant without huge cuts in spending and tax rises. We have seen middle earners hit with a tax rise and also a tax on alcohol( not sure if the SNP realise we can pop over the border and buy it cheap)

Thats my 2 pence worth

You might want you educate yourself with what is actually devolved and what isn’t. "

Ooo how about we start with the NHS.......

Anyway a once in a lifetime vote but Sturgeon wasn't happy with the result so wants another.....

Thats my 2 pence worth

You might want you educate yourself with what is actually devolved and what isn’t.

Ooo how about we start with the NHS.......

Anyway a once in a lifetime vote but Sturgeon wasn't happy with the result so wants another....."

The NHS that labour sold to PFI for hospital builds etc ?

Goooood saaaaan come back with something I can to retort properly

You are filed under Tory not for changing...

Glasgow

Also, Salmonds oil projections have been shown to be wildly wrong. His forecasts were worse than any others forecast at the time

Lol with just a few new fields that have just been found they alone will last into the late 2030s.we were told by head Quilting Ian Wood just before the indy ref that the oil was running out.Just days after the no vote they announced the finding of 2 new large oil finds.We were lied to and cheated."

I posted links to the oil and gas forecasts, other than a small bounce lately it has declined massively from wat it was and it will continue to decline massively. If you have a link to any expert forecasting anything other than that then you're welcome to post it here (but there isn't one). There's a reason the Growth Commission report never included any income from oil in the figures.

As for new fields being found, you might want to have a look at those that are coming, or have come, to the end of their life.

lanarkshire

You support sevco

Move along now "

And you support?...true colours coming out now....What has this thread got anything to do with football...absolutely nothing.

What if does show is you as a individual who cant accept a decision accept any others views or reasoning that's different to your own.

Your are just another keyboard bully and an obvious bigot. In one fail swoop you change the tone as well as the gist of thread and bring it down to the level where you've more than likely been brought up...the gutter...

Sad, sad, but still a pitiful individual.

Dangerous question for on this sort of site but as a no voter , we got to do something democratically, something many nations didnt get and the answer stood , i worry about peoples idea of democracy when we arent respecting the majority and the once in a generation pledge, above all else , and im swallowing the brexit vote but as part of britain we took part in that vote but in much the same way as the indyref people seem to want vote after vote after vote till a specific section of society gets what they want. Thats not democratic in any way.

democracy is a fallacy

lanarkshire

Dangerous question for on this sort of site but as a no voter , we got to do something democratically, something many nations didnt get and the answer stood , i worry about peoples idea of democracy when we arent respecting the majority and the once in a generation pledge, above all else , and im swallowing the brexit vote but as part of britain we took part in that vote but in much the same way as the indyref people seem to want vote after vote after vote till a specific section of society gets what they want. Thats not democratic in any way."

We have used the fpp system ( majority rule ) pretty much since post ww1 when everyone was able to vote , no matter what those votes count and there isnt a better system, hell even in hollyrood they wouldnt go full proportional representation they kept fpp

"We have used the fpp system ( majority rule ) pretty much since post ww1 when everyone was able to vote , no matter what those votes count and there isnt a better system, hell even in hollyrood they wouldnt go full proportional representation they kept fpp "

Holyrood. Just saying.

Admittedly thats due to me constantly comparing it to christmas as the anti english sentiment and grievance politics requires as much a sense of wonder and imagination as santa claus .

Kilwinning

You support sevco

Move along now

And you support?...true colours coming out now....What has this thread got anything to do with football...absolutely nothing.

What if does show is you as a individual who cant accept a decision accept any others views or reasoning that's different to your own.

Your are just another keyboard bully and an obvious bigot. In one fail swoop you change the tone as well as the gist of thread and bring it down to the level where you've more than likely been brought up...the gutter...

"

My thoughts exactly....he seems to belittle anyones opinion and is a bigot and hides well behind his keyboard. Maybe take some of his own advice and jog on.

You support sevco

Move along now "

You know , scotland is a strange one , the only country in europe that after a terrorist attack we had our muslim community en mass protesting against terrorism and yet there are some people so backwards they think that decisions regarding important stuff like , i dont know the future of our country seem to think football tribalisim is what matters

You support sevco

Move along now

"

Typical burning pallet yoon with effigies who’s only contribution is too offend anyone in Scotland who dosnt agree with the union.

If you hate Scotland so much you know where the door is like the alt right racists.

Your now upgraded to unionist/Britnats/sevco/Tory nearly a full house

You support sevco

Move along now

You know , scotland is a strange one , the only country in europe that after a terrorist attack we had our muslim community en mass protesting against terrorism and yet there are some people so backwards they think that decisions regarding important stuff like , i dont know the future of our country seem to think football tribalisim is what matters"

The orange order peeked at 150,000 now currently 50,000 slowly but surely the good people of Scotland are eradicating Scotland’s shame. Average age 54

Blantyre

I obstained on the last vote but would be a no independence now.

Well you certainly know how to win over us No voters with your small minded bigotry......I do like to see some of the St Nicola brigade still howling at the moon though....

The argument is lost oil is still floundering , the Scottish economy is lagging...Your game is up...the next election will deliver the final blow to St Nicola...Anyway she will be okay pensioned up to the eyeballs...another snout in the trough political pygmy

"Well you certainly know how to win over us No voters with your small minded bigotry......I do like to see some of the St Nicola brigade still howling at the moon though....

The argument is lost oil is still floundering , the Scottish economy is lagging...Your game is up...the next election will deliver the final blow to St Nicola...Anyway she will be okay pensioned up to the eyeballs...another snout in the trough political pygmy "

Thats been part of the problem , for her and her predecessor its been about self aggrandisement or xenophobic views its the wrong reason to make such a seismic change , personally i blame mel gibson for it all.

lanarkshire

You support sevco

Move along now

You know , scotland is a strange one , the only country in europe that after a terrorist attack we had our muslim community en mass protesting against terrorism and yet there are some people so backwards they think that decisions regarding important stuff like , i dont know the future of our country seem to think football tribalisim is what matters

The orange order peeked at 150,000 now currently 50,000 slowly but surely the good people of Scotland are eradicating Scotland’s shame. Average age 54 "

Key board warrior sitting in a Friday night in your tartan skirt spouting your bile and hatred. You obviously feel oppressed, downtrodden , not got where you want to in life because of the establishment lol lol So sotty to tell you... but that's your life for ever more so embrace it ..

We've now went from a good discussion of Independence to full bigotry and your the catalyst for taking it into that level.

I'd put up some music on to chill you but you'd probably say it offended your ears because it has lots of drums and flutes in the background.

Jiggy, Jiggy BOOM Boom...Jiggy Jiggy, BOOM BOOM

I love when you see people who spillout their bile on the site then block you from seeing their profile

You support sevco

Move along now

The orange order peeked at 150,000 now currently 50,000 slowly but surely the good people of Scotland are eradicating Scotland’s shame. Average age 54 Key board warrior sitting in a Friday night in your tartan skirt spouting your bile and hatred. You obviously feel oppressed, downtrodden , not got where you want to in life because of the establishment lol lol So sotty to tell you... but that's your life for ever more so embrace it ..

We've now went from a good discussion of Independence to full bigotry and your the catalyst for taking it into that level.

I'd put up some music on to chill you but you'd probably say it offended your ears because it has lots of drums and flutes in the background.

I love when you see people who spillout their bile on the site then block you from seeing their profile "

Keep burning pallets doll, you offer nothing

Your blocked with a note saying yoon ! From over a year ago. Scotland’s shame

By *argaidMan  over a year ago

glasgow

" Don't forget we have won it before. "

Aye, the way you always do. Modern tech shows that the last 'goal' never crossed the line.

By *argaidMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"

Thats been part of the problem , for her and her predecessor its been about self aggrandisement or xenophobic views its the wrong reason to make such a seismic change , personally i blame mel gibson for it all. "

Give us one corroborated example of self-aggrandisement or xenophobic views from either of them. Not that you'll find one but for every one you do I'll give you five from the Unionists.

lanarkshire

You support sevco

Move along now

The orange order peeked at 150,000 now currently 50,000 slowly but surely the good people of Scotland are eradicating Scotland’s shame. Average age 54 Key board warrior sitting in a Friday night in your tartan skirt spouting your bile and hatred. You obviously feel oppressed, downtrodden , not got where you want to in life because of the establishment lol lol So sotty to tell you... but that's your life for ever more so embrace it ..

I love when you see people who spillout their bile on the site then block you from seeing their profile

Your blocked with a note saying yoon ! From over a year ago. Scotland’s shame "

AS long as when I keep burning my pallets I know the smoke is annoying you and stinging you eyes and sticking in your throat then it will be well worth it.

A yoon...ffs..what the fook is a yoon...lol lol that a wee word you made up all for yourself. You come off callng peeps a Yoon lol lol

You support sevco

Move along now

Your blocked with a note saying yoon ! From over a year ago. Scotland’s shame AS long as when I keep burning my pallets I know the smoke is annoying you and stinging you eyes and sticking in your throat then it will be well worth it.

A yoon...ffs..what the fook is a yoon...lol lol that a wee word you made up all for yourself. You come off callng peeps a Yoon lol lol "

A yoon is unionist in zombie terms.

Move along now the marching season is in full swing. Mind not bash any priests en route

The ability to be both ignorant and rather obnoxious at the same time.Wow I do admire the level of dedication to the art of xenophobia and bigotry you display....

[Removed by poster at 20/07/18 23:56:34]

"The ability to be both ignorant and rather obnoxious at the same time.Wow I do admire the level of dedication to the art of xenophobia and bigotry you display.... "

Exactly my thinking as well.

When the union is under fire defend at all costs. Your children’s future your sanity your treason...

Ahh the classic line of a Nationalist , call them names Traitors, quislings, oh whats the other ones you like to sway the votes of your fellow countrymen with ?... Oh yes Yoons...you display such charm and political insight . Are you single by chance ?

"Ahh the classic line of a Nationalist , call them names Traitors, quislings, oh whats the other ones you like to sway the votes of your fellow countrymen with ?... Oh yes Yoons...you display such charm and political insight . Are you single by chance ? "

If only you knew hen

Feel free to add anything constructive

As I said filed unde....ignore lost cause

"If only i knew hen " Really ?....

You are certainly a Nat voter it is displayed in all its glorious ignorance over your posts......Time you went for a lie down your spleen must be well vented by now......

""If only i knew hen " Really ?....

You are certainly a Nat voter it is displayed in all its glorious ignorance over your posts......Time you went for a lie down your spleen must be well vented by now...... "

Your a britnat who’s bigoted days are numbered.

Tory, yoon, britnat yup tick all the boxes of Scotland shame.

Gone gesse peace now

I’d vote yes again

Yes i'll still be voting no, what about a option in the original post for people who voted Yes who are now thinking about voting No if a independence vote happened again, hopefully not in a while.

"Well you certainly know how to win over us No voters with your small minded bigotry......I do like to see some of the St Nicola brigade still howling at the moon though....

The argument is lost oil is still floundering , the Scottish economy is lagging...Your game is up...the next election will deliver the final blow to St Nicola...Anyway she will be okay pensioned up to the eyeballs...another snout in the trough political pygmy "

C'mon the Nats will have us believe that whisky will keep Scotland running now that oil has went tits up

It wont happen again the SNP are a busted flush...like the small minded bigots they are...all anti everything, But when asked to perform they are impotent like some others on here isnt that right ....noodle dick lol

As a Scotsman who lived in England for 25 years I would give the vote to the English and I guarantee they would almost unanimously vote to fuck Scotland off....

Free prescription

Free education

Free access to sport

Subsidised defence

OAP bentits

Etc

Scotland and its people get more from the union than any other part.

People up here need to stop watching Braveheart and understand the reality.

Glasgow

"As a Scotsman who lived in England for 25 years I would give the vote to the English and I guarantee they would almost unanimously vote to fuck Scotland off....

Free prescription

Free education

Free access to sport

Subsidised defence

OAP bentits

Etc

People up here need to stop watching Braveheart and understand the reality."

Braveheart? Seriously?

We contribute more in tax, GDP and natural resources.

"As a Scotsman who lived in England for 25 years I would give the vote to the English and I guarantee they would almost unanimously vote to fuck Scotland off....

Free prescription

Free education

Free access to sport

Subsidised defence

OAP bentits

Etc

Braveheart? Seriously?

We contribute more in tax, GDP and natural resources."

Yes, but we get MUCH more back in return...

£ for £ Scotland costs,more,than it makes for Britain. That is a fact.

If Scotland was independent, as a business it would be bust in 20-30 years

And btw the additional tax a Holyrood tax

By *oreblocksthanlegoMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Reality check. SNP supporters will keep asking for an Indyref until they get the result that they want. The reality for the Wee Nippy Sweetie is that she has to play to the gallery to keep the faithful happy.

Deep down she knows that she would lose and have to quit her job as a statesman. What would she do from her late forties until pension age?

Presumably rely on her much rumoured reputation for giving the best blow jobs available at Strathclye University.

Free prescription

Free education

Free access to sport

Subsidised defence

OAP bentits

Etc

People up here need to stop watching Braveheart and understand the reality."

The abouve is devolved nothing to do with the union. Give me just one good reason to remain part of the union ?

"Reality check. SNP supporters will keep asking for an Indyref until they get the result that they want. The reality for the Wee Nippy Sweetie is that she has to play to the gallery to keep the faithful happy.

Deep down she knows that she would lose and have to quit her job as a statesman. What would she do from her late forties until pension age?

Presumably rely on her much rumoured reputation for giving the best blow jobs available at Strathclye University. "

Rumoured ? Got a source for that ?

Seriously talking pish

Free prescription

Free education

Free access to sport

Subsidised defence

OAP bentits

Etc

The abouve is devolved nothing to do with the union. Give me just one good reason to remain part of the union ? "

Somebody (not sure if it was you) complained about us paying more tax...

1.If Holyrood went, we'd pay less,tax. Fact

2. Defence

3.education and healthcare would cost. A lot

There's 3