FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Cyclists

Cyclists

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *cottyboy OP   Man  over a year ago

clydebank

Any else enjoy the great outdoors and seeing plenty of it by bike?

I do quite a bit of cycling in the central Scotland area and would love to meet up with fellow fabbers. Either just for the social company or whatever else takes your fancy!

Mountain bike or road cycling is fine, as I enjoy both

(Had no luck in the meets section)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ast RolloMan  over a year ago

glasgow west

"Any else enjoy the great outdoors and seeing plenty of it by bike?

I do quite a bit of cycling in the central Scotland area and would love to meet up with fellow fabbers. Either just for the social company or whatever else takes your fancy!

(Had no luck in the meets section)"

there are lots of cycling groups out there if you look if all you want to do is go for a cycle.

clydebank

there are lots of cycling groups out there if you look if all you want to do is go for a cycle."

Appreciate that. But not quite at the level of taking it serious enough to go out with a cycling club.

Just thinking on more of a social cycle for fitness, to find new routes, and whatever else happens at the end of a fab social lol

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

there are lots of cycling groups out there if you look if all you want to do is go for a cycle.

Appreciate that. But not quite at the level of taking it serious enough to go out with a cycling club.

Just thinking on more of a social cycle for fitness, to find new routes, and whatever else happens at the end of a fab social lol"

I don't know what you mean... at the end of a Fab social... I drive back home

Search the forum there was a thread on 'cycling' a while back if my memory is good but... it was about proper cycling

clydebank

Ok ta max.

Not sure I like the sound of 'proper' cycling lol - picturing Chris Froome etc turning up and leaving me behind and back to square one

By *onmacMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Similar situation I think. Not interested in hard-core club cycling . Looking for a regular cycling partner to encourage me to get out and use the bike more.

Edinburgh

"Similar situation I think. Not interested in hard-core club cycling . Looking for a regular cycling partner to encourage me to get out and use the bike more. "

That's 2 of you now! That's a start

#matchmaker

Edinburgh

"Ok ta max.

Not sure I like the sound of 'proper' cycling lol - picturing Chris Froome etc turning up and leaving me behind and back to square one

"

Haha! Behind Froome... Worse position to be in Good luck

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I am a keen and a regular road cyclist happy to go on meeting and generally cycling

I do a fair bit of road cycling.

clydebank

Getting a wee bit of interest, thanks

Any ladies interested in joining all this Lycra clad fun?

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

Get a day sorted out. Me n she Devil could be interested. Would need to take turns at pushing her bike though. Falkirk to linlithgo canal path was great. Maybe go for linlithgo to Edinburgh next.

My road bike is not suitable for canal paths,as I have a expensive carbon fibre bike plus waiting on my gravel bike

(Had no luck in the meets section)"

Ahh so it's you that's doddering around our roads in the middle of the lane doing 7mph

clydebank

Ahh so it's you that's doddering around our roads in the middle of the lane doing 7mph "

Ahh so it's you driving right up close behind me getting a good look at my bum!

Blantyre

Ahh so it's you that's doddering around our roads in the middle of the lane doing 7mph

Ahh so it's you driving right up close behind me getting a good look at my bum!"

Now you both know who each other are, you could stop and have a wee impromptu social meet. Not on the road of course.

By *ast RolloMan  over a year ago

glasgow west

"My road bike is not suitable for canal paths,as I have a expensive carbon fibre bike plus waiting on my gravel bike"
since most of the canal paths are now tarmac that is a lame excuse not to use a bike . i have done glasgow to edinburgh on the canal path on a carbon bike no problem

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’ll just watch the Tour de France. Is this the Tour de Fab?

Men in Lycra and thighs on show. What’s not to like!

Ahh so it's you driving right up close behind me getting a good look at my bum!"

That saddle eating your lycra clad bum lol . We'd join the cycle but to be honest we're too lazy lol

By *inkycarolineTV/TS  over a year ago

Kilwinning

Looking for something similar down here...a good bike ride followed by a bit of play in the woods or where ever takes your fancy.

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

Remember days out on the bike, cycling on roads, footpaths and dirt trails on the same bike. No need to fork out hundreds, sometimes a couple of grand on a bike, cos it's just a bike.

Love cycling about in the city centre, switching from road to pavement, pavement to road, cycling through traffic lights, weaving in and out the traffic, taking up a whole lane.

It's great fun. Really pisses folk off too.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

"Love cycling about in the city centre, switching from road to pavement, pavement to road, cycling through traffic lights, weaving in and out the traffic, taking up a whole lane.

It's great fun. Really pisses folk off too. "

Keeps an eye out ... oops the cars brakes failed for a split second

Blantyre

"Love cycling about in the city centre, switching from road to pavement, pavement to road, cycling through traffic lights, weaving in and out the traffic, taking up a whole lane.

It's great fun. Really pisses folk off too. "

Why would any of that piss people off, that's exactly the same as what cars do although there usually just parking on pavements not driving on them lol.

Why would any of that piss people off, that's exactly the same as what cars do although there usually just parking on pavements not driving on them lol. "

Exactly my point.

Keeps an eye out ... oops the cars brakes failed for a split second "

Cars, plural? Bit unlikely that.

Lol how did this thread go from cycling to cars? x

Paisley

Cars, plural? Bit unlikely that. "

I did see two cyclists almost ran head on to each other for ignoring the signals. Dangerous riding will lead to accidents.

My daughter was knocked over by a bike a while ago on a pedestrian precinct! She was 16 but could easily have been a younger child.

No place for irresponsible behaviour. Cyclists want cycle routes then don’t use them! Stay off the pavements!

I did see two cyclists almost ran head on to each other for ignoring the signals. Dangerous riding will lead to accidents.

My daughter was knocked over by a bike a while ago on a pedestrian precinct! She was 16 but could easily have been a younger child.

No place for irresponsible behaviour. Cyclists want cycle routes then don’t use them! Stay off the pavements! "

I almost got knocked over by a cyclist once and he wasn't on the pavement but he wasn't on the cycle path either. There was another path in between and I was the one who had to move out the way. What an idiot! I shouted that out to him too x

Paisley

No place for irresponsible behaviour. Cyclists want cycle routes then don’t use them! Stay off the pavements!

I almost got knocked over by a cyclist once and he wasn't on the pavement but he wasn't on the cycle path either. There was another path in between and I was the one who had to move out the way. What an idiot! I shouted that out to him too x"

Some of them don’t care or they’re on the phone or smoking!

Paisley

Anyway can we get to back to men in Lycra clad thighs?

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Youre a mamilf fiona

I almost got knocked over by a cyclist once and he wasn't on the pavement but he wasn't on the cycle path either. There was another path in between and I was the one who had to move out the way. What an idiot! I shouted that out to him too x

Some of them don’t care or they’re on the phone or smoking! "

That's what I do.

You say I say cane. You say John I say Wayne

Some of them don’t care or they’re on the phone or smoking!

That's what I do.

"

Lol tut tut x

Blantyre

Have you not heard the old saying. Keep death off the roads.

Drive on the pavements.

There are various meet up groups on Facebook and such like and your local bike shop will know of club runs for varying abilities.

I.e not so hard core.

» Add a new message to this topic