FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Edinburgh Suggestions

Edinburgh Suggestions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ainbow_Road OP   Woman  over a year ago

Near Leamington Spa

Hey all!

So, I'm in Edinburgh for the Fringe (working) and I've never been here before - aside from all the festival stuff what would people suggest I see and do - from the normal touristy type stuff through to the more naughty stuff?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atindollTV/TS  over a year ago

edinburgh

Go to the castle,Mary kings close,see the grave of the great Lafayette at piershill cemetary (Not many know he's in there)..craigmillar castle is also worth a look..go to South queensferry and eat a meal in the famous old hawes inn..go to Portobello beach on a sunny day..go to the galleries and museums-there are several,climb to the top of the Scott monument..climb to the top of Arthur's seat..go up Carlton hill...sex wise there are titty bars in the pubic triangle..brothels if your taste runs to such,here and there...the after 8 swingers venue..and cc blooms habana and planet if you like gay bars...bannermans or opium pubs are heavy rock pubs-lots of tatts and beards...whistlebinkies and the jazz bar if you like music pubs with live bands...there are more than just those...they are arguably the main ones...dont forget to visit greyfriars kirk and see where bobby spent a considerable portion of his life hanging about his masters grave...if you like the royal family..nooooo...o very well...theres the brittania at ocean terminal..and a nice place to grab a coffee as you shop....there's a few things to do...oh and don't forget to get black cabs..especially orange black cabs..and tip well.lol.

By *arroness NikkiWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hey all!

So, I'm in Edinburgh for the Fringe (working) and I've never been here before - aside from all the festival stuff what would people suggest I see and do - from the normal touristy type stuff through to the more naughty stuff?"

Go to Edinburgh Castle then get train through to Glasgow....

I jest (slightly) but Glasgow does a better nightlife and (as far as i'm aware) more 'naughty' stuff going on x

By *atindollTV/TS  over a year ago

edinburgh

Normally I'd agree to the nightlife but during festival.. I'm not so sure...plus there's no messing about with missing the last train

By *arroness NikkiWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Normally I'd agree to the nightlife but during festival.. I'm not so sure...plus there's no messing about with missing the last train"

Good point. Totally forgot most places have extended opening hours (3am for bars, 5am for clubs i think)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Therw is a swingers club if you want to swing

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Normally I'd agree to the nightlife but during festival.. I'm not so sure...plus there's no messing about with missing the last train"

It may take longer, but thanks to the Citylink 9000 being 24 hours, there's no longer a worry about missing that last train.

For my suggestion as to what to do in Edinburgh - If you're a fan of coffee, then lookup The Disloyal 7. It's 7 Independent Coffee Shops in Edinburgh that cross-promote each other and do coffee that isn't run of the mill Starbucks or Costa style stuff.

Mandy

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Normally I'd agree to the nightlife but during festival.. I'm not so sure...plus there's no messing about with missing the last train

It may take longer, but thanks to the Citylink 9000 being 24 hours, there's no longer a worry about missing that last train.

For my suggestion as to what to do in Edinburgh - If you're a fan of coffee, then lookup The Disloyal 7. It's 7 Independent Coffee Shops in Edinburgh that cross-promote each other and do coffee that isn't run of the mill Starbucks or Costa style stuff.

Mandy"

Ooops, I meant the Citylink 900

Mandy

» Add a new message to this topic