FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > technology these days..

technology these days..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

we had a chat about this today..

now that there s apparently a HD ready Mobile Phone in early stages of production, it just proves that kids these days have all the best technology and gadgets.

what was the height of technology you had when you were young, or the gadget that was all the rage?

Gordie - Personal Tape player that when you pressed a button it flipped onto the other side of the tape and played..no need for long rewinds.

Pamela - laserpens to piss off the school teachers and tamagotchies lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

bip...........bip.............bip................bip..............bip

Atari games machine tennis!

or 5 minutes of screeching while loading your tape for your zx spectrum to play manic miner

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

"bip...........bip.............bip................bip..............bip

or 5 minutes of screeching while loading your tape for your zx spectrum to play manic miner"

you what?? lol

i had a mobile towards the end of primary school not that it was that exciting cos none of my friends had them lol, it was only ever my mum who phoned me on it

ohh i loved my sega megadrive tho!

xx

mega drive was ace, but i loved my master system lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"bip...........bip.............bip................bip..............bip

or 5 minutes of screeching while loading your tape for your zx spectrum to play manic miner"

zx spectrum was class ... you sat for hours putting in the programme hit enter and you had a mistake on line ?? and had to go all the way back lol

commodore 64 was cool and the old skeletrix (spelling bad sorry)

lol

spectrum was ace, i mind having a kung fu game that when you beat the opponent, normally the wee guy in red, his trousers would fall down lol

kids nowadays would slap thier parentsfor buying them it

gordie

The Spectrum ZX80 and ZX81 were the height of technology when I was a teen.....and when Commodore bought out the 64 we all thought we had died and gone to heaven!!!!

My parents wanted to be different, knowing there were more games available for the c64 and amiga etc, i got an Oric computer. Problem was, no software was available for it, was dire.

Anyway, did you know that back then when the c64 had 64k of RAM in it that they estimated that 1mb of ram would cost £1,000,000 to produce? Most pcs now have 3gb of ram which is 3072mb!

Steve

"My parents wanted to be different, knowing there were more games available for the c64 and amiga etc, i got an Oric computer. Problem was, no software was available for it, was dire.

Anyway, did you know that back then when the c64 had 64k of RAM in it that they estimated that 1mb of ram would cost £1,000,000 to produce? Most pcs now have 3gb of ram which is 3072mb!

Steve"

Sounds like your head's nearly got as much useless info in it as mine has...lololol

And...while I am thinking about all the rubbish I carry round in my head....Bill Gates once famoulsly said that 640k ought to be enough for anybody.....what foresight the man had back then lol

"The Spectrum ZX80 and ZX81 were the height of technology when I was a teen.....and when Commodore bought out the 64 we all thought we had died and gone to heaven!!!!"

Had a zx81 load program (6 days lol)then wait in anticipation only to get syntax error on the bloody screen xx

"And...while I am thinking about all the rubbish I carry round in my head....Bill Gates once famoulsly said that 640k ought to be enough for anybody.....what foresight the man had back then lol"

More foresite than the guy who said the world would need about five computers in total thou ah lol x

commodore 64 games and console

never had any toys..

going for sympathy shag ..

"And...while I am thinking about all the rubbish I carry round in my head....Bill Gates once famoulsly said that 640k ought to be enough for anybody.....what foresight the man had back then lol

More foresite than the guy who said the world would need about five computers in total thou ah lol x"

PMSL....was Thomas Watson....Chairman of IBM....dunno how long he remained chairman after that tho..

most advanced technological gadget I had was a slinky.

Oh and my klackers!

When I started in computing 1Mb of core memory cost £1000 nowadays you can buy 30GB for less!!

By *oonboyMan  over a year ago

livingston

whilst at high school (in the days of blackboards and chalk!) we used a bbc model 'B' computer in order to learning the most important art of programming.... these machines were state of the art with 32k of memory...yes you heard me 32k!!!...i think toasters have more power now, and whilst i come to think of it, it was massive (about the size of a small suitcase) LOL....ahhhh the days ....

"whilst at high school (in the days of blackboards and chalk!) we used a bbc model 'B' computer in order to learning the most important art of programming.... these machines were state of the art with 32k of memory...yes you heard me 32k!!!...i think toasters have more power now, and whilst i come to think of it, it was massive (about the size of a small suitcase) LOL....ahhhh the days .... "

PMSL!!....we had the Beeb PC's in our school too...about a half dozen of them....took a computer sciences O level and was never allowed near one of them

livingston

aye i took an 'a' level in programming and all i managed to do was make my name show all over the screen....education wasted me thinks...come to think of it ...i work in the IT arena LOLOL....well work is such a strong word......

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

combination stereo that played tapes, records AND had a radio too ....oh and a coloured portable tv that had wavy lines round edge....and a chopper bicycle(it had gears and not solid rubber tyres!!!!)

should have kept the chopper they worth a lot of money now

"aye i took an 'a' level in programming and all i managed to do was make my name show all over the screen....education wasted me thinks...come to think of it ...i work in the IT arena LOLOL....well work is such a strong word...... "

my career officer at school advised me to become a punch-card operator, what's that I hear you say? ... fore runners to computers these were data processors developed by the company known as IBM and programmed with punch-cards

"aye i took an 'a' level in programming and all i managed to do was make my name show all over the screen....education wasted me thinks...come to think of it ...i work in the IT arena LOLOL....well work is such a strong word......

my career officer at school advised me to become a punch-card operator, what's that I hear you say? ... fore runners to computers these were data processors developed by the company known as IBM and programmed with punch-cards "

My Careers Officer just advised me to go get a life and to stop bothering him

lol @ laines clackers! I remember them

My dad got it wrong and got a betamax recorder!!!!

~Remember getting a calculator that you used with a pencil - no batteries - kinda like an abacus - ffs Im old!!

livingston

"aye i took an 'a' level in programming and all i managed to do was make my name show all over the screen....education wasted me thinks...come to think of it ...i work in the IT arena LOLOL....well work is such a strong word......

my career officer at school advised me to become a punch-card operator, what's that I hear you say? ... fore runners to computers these were data processors developed by the company known as IBM and programmed with punch-cards

My Careers Officer just advised me to go get a life and to stop bothering him"

LOL.....i actually loaded the punched cards into a reader for a whole week as my work experience....wot a mug....

"lol @ laines clackers! I remember them

~Remember getting a calculator that you used with a pencil - no batteries - kinda like an abacus - ffs Im old!!"

we got a vh200 recorded on both sides of the tape, good idea at the time but had inbuilt obsolescence!

"lol @ laines clackers! I remember them

~Remember getting a calculator that you used with a pencil - no batteries - kinda like an abacus - ffs Im old!!"

remember our first video recorder....was the size of a small chest of drwers..lolol

My Careers Officer just advised me to go get a life and to stop bothering him

LOL.....i actually loaded the punched cards into a reader for a whole week as my work experience....wot a mug...."

mfao!

livingston

was emptying the loft one day of old 12" singles etc....remember them? lol

when my laddie (who was about 7 at the time) said ...OMG DAD....they are the biggest CD's i have ever seen.....kids today huh....they dunno they born...i used to love the sound of static on me record player that cud play 10 singles one after another...PMSL

blondie... parallel lines..... picture disk

AMSTRAD

Robocop figure that when you pressed it, it said

'your move creep' and the best 'stay in school'

lol, hours of fun then,

girls world

think i had more make up on me than the dolls head then i took a pair of scissors to her hair thinking i was a class hairdresser lol

was in my mums loft not long ago and found gramaphone records my kids asked me what they were lol x

As i child i remember getting a scalectrix set and that was amazing and with extra track it was laid out on the living room floor,but as soon as you pressed the control to make your car go faster it always came of the track,but many happy a hour was spent playing with it.

I remember getting a Commodore 64 and at that stage i had learned how to do a short program that made the whole screen fill with my name(that was what i had typed out) i thought it was amazing and i was some kind of computer whizz kid lol but i was straight into games and i think my fave was track and field or something like that it was called-all the events etc.

Kids these days have got it made and take it all for granted,i feel sorry for the parents who have to shell out for new technology all the time as the latest must have gadget hit the streets.

i remember my brothers vectrex you had different changable screens for different games

and my most prized posession was my stylophone. i loved it till the wire snapped

mrs h xxx

"i remember my brothers vectrex you had different changable screens for different games

and my most prized posession was my stylophone. i loved it till the wire snapped

mrs h xxx"

Mrs hedo you can still get stylophones... I bought some last christmas and gave them out as presents...... you want the website I bought it from pm me.......oh they also sell space hoppers!

was saying to Gordie today that i was going to buy my bro a PSP for his bday and wondered if they are any good, he said he loved his to bits but i wasnt aware he had one.

the cheesey git said he has had a 'pretty sexy pamela' for years lol

"space hoppers!"

OMG I always wanted one of them but never got one!!

Years ago for christmas I got a "jump jumper" cant remember if that was what they were really called, but they were a hard rubber ball with a plastic ring around it that you stood on and jumped.

This wouldnt have been so bad but I was 12 and it had teenage mutant ninja turtles on it ffs I hated them I think my mother got a deal from the local market

Shona

x x x

» Add a new message to this topic