FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Testing

Testing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *e Devil OP   Man  over a year ago

Blantyre

Not seen a good debate in the forums for a while soooooo,

What's your views on animal testing on products. Are you all for it or totally against it. Plz explain your viewpoint.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

As an animal lover im against it. Why dont they use all the convicted murderers instead then if they die it frees up a space in a cell.

By *ugs and JunkCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

Totally against it and don’t buy any products tested on animals. Test on paedophiles instead

Blantyre

"Totally against it and don’t buy any products tested on animals. Test on paedophiles instead"

Are most medical life saving drugs not gone through animal trials first though, What's your thoughts on that, or is it a total ban on animal testing you feel is wrong. Good idea for the paedophiles though.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"As an animal lover im against it. Why dont they use all the convicted murderers instead then if they die it frees up a space in a cell."

I've been saying this for years, anything that has a good chance of causing a really nasty reaction on the peados

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

I’m not in favour of it though understand that science and medicine wouldn’t be where it is now without it . For those that say murderers , rap*ists and peadophile’s should be used for trials does that mean their for animal testing ? Surely the fact they carried out those atrocities means their animals and not human ?

I'm in favour of it. The animals are mostly bred specifically for testing so don't see the problem with it.

"Not seen a good debate in the forums for a while soooooo,

What's your views on animal testing on products. Are you all for it or totally against it. Plz explain your viewpoint. "

Totally against it however its near impossible to find any products that don't have some. Derivatives within ingredients or sister companies that haven't been testing on animals

I could probably. Go through most folk houses even those who think they're being animal friendly and empty half the house including clothing where the dyes used have been tested on animals

Blantyre

I would say I'm ok with it for medicine testing reasons, but to test animals to see if washing up liquids are safe or for cosmetics and alike, I would say no.

"Totally against it and don’t buy any products tested on animals. Test on paedophiles instead

Are most medical life saving drugs not gone through animal trials first though, What's your thoughts on that, or is it a total ban on animal testing you feel is wrong. Good idea for the paedophiles though. "

The things I'd test on paedophiles are baseball bats, steel toe-capped boots, and garden shears.

"I'm in favour of it. The animals are mostly bred specifically for testing so don't see the problem with it. "
so that makes it ok?

I have beagles and their breed are famous for being tested on because of their calm nature...No...it's not right full stop.

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I would say I'm ok with it for medicine testing reasons, but to test animals to see if washing up liquids are safe or for cosmetics and alike, I would say no. "

My thoughts too

By *dmirationMan  over a year ago

Bathgate

"Totally against it and don’t buy any products tested on animals. Test on paedophiles instead"

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"I'm in favour of it. The animals are mostly bred specifically for testing so don't see the problem with it. so that makes it ok?

I have beagles and their breed are famous for being tested on because of their calm nature...No...it's not right full stop."

most folks images and thoughts of what "testing" is are wrong before products or derivatives get anywhere near an animal they go through rigorous medical testing.

as others have said if you really want to get rid of products that involve testing leave your house naked and never return.

if your against cruelty to animals through testing thats other countrys we have strict laws here in the uk im an animal lover but would I allow a company after money to release theor product on me or my children without testing.

im afraid not

Problem is , and this goes back to blackstones theory about the law , until we have a 100 percent foolproof system using peados carries the risk of damaging someone innocent of the crime , im no fan of animal testing im just not sure of the best alternative

Blantyre

"I'm in favour of it. The animals are mostly bred specifically for testing so don't see the problem with it. so that makes it ok?

I have beagles and their breed are famous for being tested on because of their calm nature...No...it's not right full stop.most folks images and thoughts of what "testing" is are wrong before products or derivatives get anywhere near an animal they go through rigorous medical testing.

as others have said if you really want to get rid of products that involve testing leave your house naked and never return.

if your against cruelty to animals through testing thats other countrys we have strict laws here in the uk im an animal lover but would I allow a company after money to release theor product on me or my children without testing.

im afraid not"

Surely that would depend on the product , or is the criteria for animal testing ok as long as the company makes a profit. Where would you draw the line. ? Kids bubbles ? Spray the soapy liquid in the eyes of cats or dogs and see if they are blinded before selling and just so a child can blow bubbles. ?

coatbridge

I have beagles and their breed are famous for being tested on because of their calm nature...No...it's not right full stop.most folks images and thoughts of what "testing" is are wrong before products or derivatives get anywhere near an animal they go through rigorous medical testing.

im afraid not

Surely that would depend on the product , or is the criteria for animal testing ok as long as the company makes a profit. Where would you draw the line. ? Kids bubbles ? Spray the soapy liquid in the eyes of cats or dogs and see if they are blinded before selling and just so a child can blow bubbles. ?"

if thats what you really think testings about its a shame.

its about animal welfare most places look after their animals better than some look after their pets (many go on to be pets as a side note) they dont set out to intentionally harm the animals.

Don't intentionally set out to harm them ?

What are they doing then if not setting out to harms them?

Some of these poor animals have never seen daylight...felt grass under their feet.

Blantyre

im afraid not

Surely that would depend on the product , or is the criteria for animal testing ok as long as the company makes a profit. Where would you draw the line. ? Kids bubbles ? Spray the soapy liquid in the eyes of cats or dogs and see if they are blinded before selling and just so a child can blow bubbles. ?if thats what you really think testings about its a shame.

its about animal welfare most places look after their animals better than some look after their pets (many go on to be pets as a side note) they dont set out to intentionally harm the animals.

"

I don't see why my not understanding is a shame. I do believe you , when you say they don't set out to harm animals.

You never answered my curiosity though. Where would you draw the line on testing or is your view all animal testing for any product is ok. Not being personal but that's what the debate is about , What's your opinion on animal testing.

Test it on murderers and paedos.....seriously? You’re expressing revulsion and outrage at products being tested on animals but it’s OK to exact torturous punishment on a human being(despite them being utter cunts they are still human)? Dostoyevsky once said that “The degree of civilisation in a society is revealed by entering its prisons”. Fuck help society if some people on this thread were in charge.

P.S Animal testing is necessary in certain instances i.e. medicinal research and I would agree with it there. For cosmetics etc? Nah why the fuck should an animal suffer just so that L’Oreal can test their new mascara

coatbridge

"Don't intentionally set out to harm them ?

What are they doing then if not setting out to harms them?

Some of these poor animals have never seen daylight...felt grass under their feet."

the criteria for animal testing centres has changed a great deal since the bad days of mis treatment.

there was a programme last year about animal welfare in the test labs may be worth folk going and watching what has changed in this industry.

"Totally against it and don’t buy any products tested on animals. Test on paedophiles instead

Are most medical life saving drugs not gone through animal trials first though, What's your thoughts on that, or is it a total ban on animal testing you feel is wrong. Good idea for the paedophiles though. "

coatbridge

im afraid not

Surely that would depend on the product , or is the criteria for animal testing ok as long as the company makes a profit. Where would you draw the line. ? Kids bubbles ? Spray the soapy liquid in the eyes of cats or dogs and see if they are blinded before selling and just so a child can blow bubbles. ?if thats what you really think testings about its a shame.

I don't see why my not understanding is a shame. I do believe you , when you say they don't set out to harm animals.

You never answered my curiosity though. Where would you draw the line on testing or is your view all animal testing for any product is ok. Not being personal but that's what the debate is about , What's your opinion on animal testing. "

its a shame you believe they would set out to throw bubble mix in an animals eyes.

in order to answer your question its important that what animal testing is is correct as some folks interpretation is jaded by years gone by and not what is happening in the industry today.

my view is as much as possible no animal testing qhich I believe as a whole in this country we try to maintain that

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

It's relative in my opinion. Testing on animals can be like testing in humans... So long as not intentionally causing harm.

A cynical comment I've heard is, if a monkey has a headache, how would you know if the aspirin was going to work....

100% against it. Also completely against forced testing on humans, that is the route the Nazi's took.

I would agree with testing on paid volunteers. As long as all precautions are in place and they know the risks (higher risk = higher reward) then i have no issue with a paid volunteer.

It depends on the product being tested.

Cosmetics- no

Drugs - yes

I work in medicine and without animal testing we wouldn’t see a lot more people dying of curable diseases

» Add a new message to this topic