FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Not really for Discussion, had to share

Not really for Discussion, had to share

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I work in the public sector, and now and again you get hit with something in life that blows you away . We’re very quick, myself included, to put down Glasgow and to a certain extent Scotland

I have just left a family who have been in Glasgow a year , the husband lost all his extended family in the Assad Gas Attack in Aleppo, since the attack he escaped and has lived in Naples Munich and Paris . He is in a housing estate in Glasgow that’s not got a great reputation, but he said to me it’s the first place since home he’s felt welcomed and can let his kids out to play with no fear of being abused or rejected .

As a city , we’re sometimes no bad

Think I’ll tell my sometimes spoiled kids that tonight

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Thanks for sharing a positive experience.

"Thanks for sharing a positive experience. "

Feel good in the Forum ??? Should be ashamed of myself lol , it was hard to listen to him , knowing you have no idea in the slightest how he feels

"I work in the public sector, and now and again you get hit with something in life that blows you away . We’re very quick, myself included, to put down Glasgow and to a certain extent Scotland

I have just left a family who have been in Glasgow a year , the husband lost all his extended family in the Assad Gas Attack in Aleppo, since the attack he escaped and has lived in Naples Munich and Paris . He is in a housing estate in Glasgow that’s not got a great reputation, but he said to me it’s the first place since home he’s felt welcomed and can let his kids out to play with no fear of being abused or rejected .

Think I’ll tell my sometimes spoiled kids that tonight "

(thumb

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

As an Englishman, I can vouch for his comments. It’s where I chose to raise my kids.

Apart from the odd one or two, Scottish people are among the friendliest around and it is the safety for my kids growing up that brought me up 11 years ago.

So take his words and accept them as much as his gratitude for making him and his family welcome and stop putting yourselves down. Scotland is a great nation and a great place to live

"As an Englishman, I can vouch for his comments. It’s where I chose to raise my kids.

Apart from the odd one or two, Scottish people are among the friendliest around and it is the safety for my kids growing up that brought me up 11 years ago.

So take his words and accept them as much as his gratitude for making him and his family welcome and stop putting yourselves down. Scotland is a great nation and a great place to live "

You ever had 5 thumbs from a guy Andy !!!

"You ever had 5 thumbs from a guy Andy !!! "

He couldn't sit for a week.

Fantastic.... That's great to hear.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"You ever had 5 thumbs from a guy Andy !!! "

Just 4 - I can count

"I work in the public sector, and now and again you get hit with something in life that blows you away . We’re very quick, myself included, to put down Glasgow and to a certain extent Scotland

Think I’ll tell my sometimes spoiled kids that tonight "

I love this. My daughter works with a charity that helps refugees in Glasgow, particularly those who aren't from EU countries and therefore have no benefit entitlement. She shares stories like this all the time. Best city in the world

"You ever had 5 thumbs from a guy Andy !!!

Just 4 - I can count "

didn’t want to ruin it by pointing out the obvious !!!! (Thought I’d typed 4 shhhh)

» Add a new message to this topic