FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Vanilla Life

Vanilla Life

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *MCFUN5 OP   Couple  over a year ago

GLASGOW

Been thinking, we have a few great Fab friends that we’ve met on this site and we enjoy each other’s company. It is effortless to do Vanilla things with them as well as Fab things.

Got me to thinking, why then does it not seem to work in reverse? We couldn’t do Fab things with our Vanilla friends at all!

Is it possible that our Fab friends know us better than our trusty long term Vanilla’s

What’s your take on this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Your fab friends now know some of your most intimate secrets, ie your on here. Plus your fab friendship started of sexual so sex is highly unlikely to cause any weirdness.

Cause maybe your vanilla friends are into that???

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

I meet folk from all walks of life with an open mind. To be honest ive had wilder sexual encounters outside fab

GLASGOW

"Your fab friends now know some of your most intimate secrets, ie your on here. Plus your fab friendship started of sexual so sex is highly unlikely to cause any weirdness. "

True - hadn’t thought of it like that

GLASGOW

"I meet folk from all walks of life with an open mind. To be honest ive had wilder sexual encounters outside fab "

Go you - vanilla has never quite satisfied us hence how we found ourselves here lol

GLASGOW

"Cause maybe your vanilla friends are into that??? "

Maybe our vanilla friends are indeed into that and they think we’re not lol

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 17/01/19 21:42:24]

Maybe we should all get some sort of Fab badge to show to other Fabbers, in vanilla life, that we are fellow members. Discreetly obviously.

coatbridge

"I meet folk from all walks of life with an open mind. To be honest ive had wilder sexual encounters outside fab

Go you - vanilla has never quite satisfied us hence how we found ourselves here lol "

vanillas a term I dont agree with for the same reasons folk tend to view themselves as elitists because they made a profile on a swingers site. In my mind people are people irrespective of having a profile.

this isnt aimed at anyone just an observation ive made over the yrs

"Maybe we should all get some sort of Fab badge to show to other Fabbers, in vanilla life, that we are fellow members. Discreetly obviously. "

A secret handshake???

By *ollyAmorousCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 17/01/19 21:49:11]

By *ollyAmorousCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Maybe we should all get some sort of Fab badge to show to other Fabbers, in vanilla life, that we are fellow members. Discreetly obviously. "

GLASGOW

"I meet folk from all walks of life with an open mind. To be honest ive had wilder sexual encounters outside fab

Go you - vanilla has never quite satisfied us hence how we found ourselves here lol vanillas a term I dont agree with for the same reasons folk tend to view themselves as elitists because they made a profile on a swingers site. In my mind people are people irrespective of having a profile.

this isnt aimed at anyone just an observation ive made over the yrs"

Respect your decision ; we are fairly new here so vanilla is a term that we are familiar with, it’s certainly not meant derogatory at all in fact we are very Vanilla in our day to day life, we just find it strange that we can chat to our fab friends about anything at all sexual or non yet there are many things we would never discuss with our closest friends. It hasn’t occurred to us that would happen x

coatbridge

Go you - vanilla has never quite satisfied us hence how we found ourselves here lol vanillas a term I dont agree with for the same reasons folk tend to view themselves as elitists because they made a profile on a swingers site. In my mind people are people irrespective of having a profile.

Respect your decision ; we are fairly new here so vanilla is a term that we are familiar with, it’s certainly not meant derogatory at all in fact we are very Vanilla in our day to day life, we just find it strange that we can chat to our fab friends about anything at all sexual or non yet there are many things we would never discuss with our closest friends. It hasn’t occurred to us that would happen x"

your not alone with your viewpoint the only thing id say to that is your known long term friends know and understand you way better than someone you chit chat with for a few months that may also be a reason you find it easier to open up to folk that dont know you well. Id guess its a form of guarding yourself from your known circle judging you my friends and family kinda know im a free spirit and not conventional

Maybe we need a secret code or signal, a knowing handshake, certain types of grass in the garden or carrier bags on shopping trolleys

GLASGOW

"Maybe we need a secret code or signal, a knowing handshake, certain types of grass in the garden or carrier bags on shopping trolleys "

GLASGOW

Respect your decision ; we are fairly new here so vanilla is a term that we are familiar with, it’s certainly not meant derogatory at all in fact we are very Vanilla in our day to day life, we just find it strange that we can chat to our fab friends about anything at all sexual or non yet there are many things we would never discuss with our closest friends. It hasn’t occurred to us that would happen xyour not alone with your viewpoint the only thing id say to that is your known long term friends know and understand you way better than someone you chit chat with for a few months that may also be a reason you find it easier to open up to folk that dont know you well. Id guess its a form of guarding yourself from your known circle judging you my friends and family kinda know im a free spirit and not conventional "

Good point x

By *stonDBS2Man  over a year ago

Kirkcaldy

"Been thinking, we have a few great Fab friends that we’ve met on this site and we enjoy each other’s company. It is effortless to do Vanilla things with them as well as Fab things.

Got me to thinking, why then does it not seem to work in reverse? We couldn’t do Fab things with our Vanilla friends at all!

Is it possible that our Fab friends know us better than our trusty long term Vanilla’s

What’s your take on this? "

I get what you mean, i guess to an extent it scares us, the thought of in any way revealing our swinging side to any friends/colleagues even in the slightest way without realising.

I laugh at myself if for instance a non-fab friend comes out with a bit of sexual inuendo, suspecting sometimes with my practiced poker face that i either have selective hearing or maybe they think im quietly shocked,lol

"Maybe we need a secret code or signal, a knowing handshake, certain types of grass in the garden or carrier bags on shopping trolleys "

We do actually put our shopping bags hung over the trolley. Is that a ‘thing’ ?

GLASGOW

"Been thinking, we have a few great Fab friends that we’ve met on this site and we enjoy each other’s company. It is effortless to do Vanilla things with them as well as Fab things.

I get what you mean, i guess to an extent it scares us, the thought of in any way revealing our swinging side to any friends/colleagues even in the slightest way without realising.

I laugh at myself if for instance a non-fab friend comes out with a bit of sexual inuendo, suspecting sometimes with my practiced poker face that i either have selective hearing or maybe they think im quietly shocked,lol"

Totally get that - we do the same lol

"Maybe we need a secret code or signal, a knowing handshake, certain types of grass in the garden or carrier bags on shopping trolleys

We do actually put our shopping bags hung over the trolley. Is that a ‘thing’ ? "

Haven't clue I make half this stuff up and I think the shopping bag think was joked about in old forum posts

It was write what I did or start suggesting the 1st bridge past the Erskine bridge along the canal as the sun sets as secret club rendezvous for vanilla to non vanilla intiatons pmsl

"Maybe we need a secret code or signal, a knowing handshake, certain types of grass in the garden or carrier bags on shopping trolleys

We do actually put our shopping bags hung over the trolley. Is that a ‘thing’ ?

Haven't clue I make half this stuff up and I think the shopping bag think was joked about in old forum posts

It was write what I did or start suggesting the 1st bridge past the Erskine bridge along the canal as the sun sets as secret club rendezvous for vanilla to non vanilla intiatons pmsl "

We’d seen the shopping bag comment before but couldn’t remember where

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

My best friends of over 35 years know nothing of this part of my life. I'm sure they would accept it because it's me rather than understand it. I'm also sure they wouldn't be completely shocked as they call me their "social butterfly" & I've always been a little 'wilder'.

The support I've needed & greatly received recently, are from people I've known a few months through fab. Kindred spirits? Who knows, but I'd happily introduce some 'fab friends' (& have done) to my vanilla life, but as already said, I couldn't do the reverse x

R

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman  over a year ago

Renfrewshire

None of my friends know about me on fab.

If anything they think I'm a prude

Been on & off here for years, made some really good friends.

this isnt aimed at anyone just an observation ive made over the yrs"

I like you again after your Donald Trump thread. Sure you'll sleep better tonight knowing that

coatbridge

I like you again after your Donald Trump thread. Sure you'll sleep better tonight knowing that "

damn I was starting to enjoy my insomnia films now you have gone and ruined it .......typical dont panic I will find more things to rip yer knittin

Can someone please explain to me what a vanilla life is please

"Can someone please explain to me what a vanilla life is please"

As in vanilla ice cream, plain and ordinary

I've known my best friends for over 30 years, I don't think anyone could know me better than that

"Can someone please explain to me what a vanilla life is please

As in vanilla ice cream, plain and ordinary"

Still none the wiser

As a single woman, I don't think I'm not vanilla. Infact I think it's the best flavour with the right person.

Respect your decision ; we are fairly new here so vanilla is a term that we are familiar with, it’s certainly not meant derogatory at all in fact we are very Vanilla in our day to day life, we just find it strange that we can chat to our fab friends about anything at all sexual or non yet there are many things we would never discuss with our closest friends. It hasn’t occurred to us that would happen x"

That's because it's easier to chat to strangers about any sensitive or taboo subjects than people who are really close to you as you fear they will judge you.

What you are really saying yourself without saying it is that your "fab friends" are not really friends, they are acquaintances that share a similar outlook on sex and you couldn't care less what you do or say in front of them because essentially they don't matter!! If they have a problem with it, you move on and find another "fab friend". You don't do that with real friends.

Don't for one second think that if one of you became ill tomorrow you could rely on your "fab friends" to rally round for help and support! It would be your "vanilla" friends who would be there for you. If you think otherwise you are deluded, it's that simple.

Tend to agree re the term "vanilla", just like "fab friends", both are bullshit and have been adopted on here and accepted as fab speak. I think lots of people prefer to speak that way on here and about the "lifestyle" and being swingers rather than just admitting they are on a sex site!!

Respect your decision ; we are fairly new here so vanilla is a term that we are familiar with, it’s certainly not meant derogatory at all in fact we are very Vanilla in our day to day life, we just find it strange that we can chat to our fab friends about anything at all sexual or non yet there are many things we would never discuss with our closest friends. It hasn’t occurred to us that would happen x

That's because it's easier to chat to strangers about any sensitive or taboo subjects than people who are really close to you as you fear they will judge you.

What you are really saying yourself without saying it is that your "fab friends" are not really friends, they are acquaintances that share a similar outlook on sex and you couldn't care less what you do or say in front of them because essentially they don't matter!! If they have a problem with it, you move on and find another "fab friend". You don't do that with real friends.

Don't for one second think that if one of you became ill tomorrow you could rely on your "fab friends" to rally round for help and support! It would be your "vanilla" friends who would be there for you. If you think otherwise you are deluded, it's that simple.

Tend to agree re the term "vanilla", just like "fab friends", both are bullshit and have been adopted on here and accepted as fab speak. I think lots of people prefer to speak that way on here and about the "lifestyle" and being swingers rather than just admitting they are on a sex site!! "

I would hate to think in my life if I ever had an emergency I would have to rely on someone I had met on a sex site

Tend to agree re the term "vanilla", just like "fab friends", both are bullshit and have been adopted on here and accepted as fab speak. I think lots of people prefer to speak that way on here and about the "lifestyle" and being swingers rather than just admitting they are on a sex site!!

I would hate to think in my life if I ever had an emergency I would have to rely on someone I had met on a sex site"

Exactly!

Kirkcaldy

As in vanilla ice cream, plain and ordinary"

Never knew that, glad I never used it.

Thought it was a handy abbreviation for people who did not swing?

Neither up or down with it, plenty other abbreviations irritate the hell out me, just FYI, lol, indeed I typed this a s a p (my fav)

As in vanilla ice cream, plain and ordinary

Never knew that, glad I never used it.

Thought it was a handy abbreviation for people who did not swing?

Neither up or down with it, plenty other abbreviations irritate the hell out me, just FYI, lol, indeed I typed this a s a p (my fav) "

I still don't understand it, I don't go to sex clubs or have multiple partners but my life is neither plain nor ordinary

Kirkcaldy

Yip, met plenty fun exciting interesting people who don’t swing.

To balance that of course I have met fun sexy exciting people who do also.

Had it endorsed many times via “your a lucky git Aston” style messages over the years

"Yip, met plenty fun exciting interesting people who don’t swing.

To balance that of course I have met fun sexy exciting people who do also.

Had it endorsed many times via “your a lucky git Aston” style messages over the years "

To balance it properly..shout out to any dull, boring swingers

"Can someone please explain to me what a vanilla life is please"

If you just plain old fashioned, same sex,one partner fucking without any bells or whistles. ....nothing not to like about it.

If you just plain old fashioned, same sex,one partner fucking without any bells or whistles. ....nothing not to like about it."

"..just like.."

At the end of the day wheither it's fab or vanilla friends we all love sex. Does it really need to be tagged.lol one person's kinky is an others norm

If you just plain old fashioned, same sex,one partner fucking without any bells or whistles. ....nothing not to like about it."

What if you have one partner but have bells and whistles

If you just plain old fashioned, same sex,one partner fucking without any bells or whistles. ....nothing not to like about it.

What if you have one partner but have bells and whistles "

Then you're one of the lucky ones

By *uburban_kinkCouple  over a year ago

Motherwell

Delving back to the original topic, we’ve had experiences of both and so far (touch wood) haven’t had our fingers burned in terms of our vanilla friends thinking we’re weird deviants.

It’s far easier doing “normal” activities with friends you’ve made on Fab such as going bowling or cinema, even though the night before you’ve seen them shagging on their couch.

But we’ve also brought a few vanilla friends into the kink/swinging scene as we tend to be open about our interests with our closest friends - so often their curiosity gets the better of them and can tell based on the questions they ask if they are open to exploring.

Tend to agree re the term "vanilla", just like "fab friends", both are bullshit and have been adopted on here and accepted as fab speak. I think lots of people prefer to speak that way on here and about the "lifestyle" and being swingers rather than just admitting they are on a sex site!! "

The reason I’ve came back to fab is the fact my real friends as you put it weren’t there for me when o needed them and was really ill, normally it’s me holding everyone together and no one has ever really been there for me when I needed them, on fab the friends I’ve met have been on the other end of the phone to listen to me and message me asking if I’m

Ok because they are kindred spirits, count yourself lucky you have true friends like that but there’s not many real good friends like that anymore because people are selfish, some folk don’t even have families around them for support, but yes for the most part people find it hard to open up to close friends particularly about relationships, having an off time with a partner or another friend have a moan about it to another friend and suddenly you sense the animosity in the room

Whenever they’re together but one friend wants to tell the other they are a count and be the protector of you but you’ve spoke to them in confidence ! People are scared nowadays to rock the boat so many different ways to put it but true friends would never really judge your choices in life they would accept them some might even embrace them if you’re scared to tell them then perhaps you don’t trust them as well as you think

The reason I’ve came back to fab is the fact my real friends as you put it weren’t there for me when o needed them and was really ill, normally it’s me holding everyone together and no one has ever really been there for me when I needed them, on fab the friends I’ve met have been on the other end of the phone to listen to me and message me asking if I’m

Ok because they are kindred spirits, count yourself lucky you have true friends like that but there’s not many real good friends like that anymore because people are selfish, some folk don’t even have families around them for support, but yes for the most part people find it hard to open up to close friends particularly about relationships, having an off time with a partner or another friend have a moan about it to another friend and suddenly you sense the animosity in the room

Whenever they’re together but one friend wants to tell the other they are a count and be the protector of you but you’ve spoke to them in confidence ! People are scared nowadays to rock the boat so many different ways to put it but true friends would never really judge your choices in life they would accept them some might even embrace them if you’re scared to tell them then perhaps you don’t trust them as well as you think "

That's really sad

Whenever they’re together but one friend wants to tell the other they are a count and be the protector of you but you’ve spoke to them in confidence ! People are scared nowadays to rock the boat so many different ways to put it but true friends would never really judge your choices in life they would accept them some might even embrace them if you’re scared to tell them then perhaps you don’t trust them as well as you think

That's really sad"

I agree, your "real friends" weren't really friends at all. But mine are.

I don't claim to be a swinger, I'm on a sex site, same as everyone else on here.

GLASGOW

"My best friends of over 35 years know nothing of this part of my life. I'm sure they would accept it because it's me rather than understand it. I'm also sure they wouldn't be completely shocked as they call me their "social butterfly" & I've always been a little 'wilder'.

The support I've needed & greatly received recently, are from people I've known a few months through fab. Kindred spirits? Who knows, but I'd happily introduce some 'fab friends' (& have done) to my vanilla life, but as already said, I couldn't do the reverse x

R "

GLASGOW

Again, everyone has their own opinions, that’s the beauty of a Forum... to discuss them.

It’s bad taste however to call one or the other bullshit.

I do however think you are way off the mark by thinking this is purely a sex site although you are very new here therefore you obviously have yet to discover the other wonderful benefits to be enjoyed by being part of this site.

GLASGOW

I would hate to think in my life if I ever had an emergency I would have to rely on someone I had met on a sex site"

Wow - what a statement. Completely disagree.

GLASGOW

"Delving back to the original topic, we’ve had experiences of both and so far (touch wood) haven’t had our fingers burned in terms of our vanilla friends thinking we’re weird deviants.

It’s far easier doing “normal” activities with friends you’ve made on Fab such as going bowling or cinema, even though the night before you’ve seen them shagging on their couch.

But we’ve also brought a few vanilla friends into the kink/swinging scene as we tend to be open about our interests with our closest friends - so often their curiosity gets the better of them and can tell based on the questions they ask if they are open to exploring. "

Great post - thank you x

GLASGOW

That's really sad

I agree, your "real friends" weren't really friends at all. But mine are.

I don't claim to be a swinger, I'm on a sex site, same as everyone else on here. "

You’re on the wrong site......in my opinion

Kirkcaldy

On your last point, fab friends like any if stick around long enough do know you way better than non-fab friends, its a part of your life you tend to keep from family and others, so i guess its that part of you fab friends both readily accept and recognise versus the hit or miss of pondering if non fab friends would be consistant friends no matter what.

I dont agree with this, "its a sex site" so treat everyone as flimsy unreliable people because they have made themselves available for what? Sex only? That works both ways really.

Its the spice of life, variety, if its spontanious fast exciting meets with folks you hardly know but instinctively like, or folks that both float yer boat and you just click along with instantly and become friends, thats great, thats swinging either way.

GLASGOW

On your last point, fab friends like any if stick around long enough do know you way better than non-fab friends, its a part of your life you tend to keep from family and others, so i guess its that part of you fab friends both readily accept and recognise versus the hit or miss of pondering if non fab friends would be consistant friends no matter what.

I dont agree with this, "its a sex site" so treat everyone as flimsy unreliable people because they have made themselves available for what? Sex only? That works both ways really.

Its the spice of life, variety, if its spontanious fast exciting meets with folks you hardly know but instinctively like, or folks that both float yer boat and you just click along with instantly and become friends, thats great, thats swinging either way."

Applause for this gent x

By *ittle_missknowitallWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

Yup without a doubt as fab friends know both sides of your life

And there are such things as fab friends despite what at least one poster above has suggested

I count myself lucky to have them in my life

GLASGOW

Yup without a doubt as fab friends know both sides of your life

And there are such things as fab friends despite what at least one poster above has suggested

I count myself lucky to have them in my life "

» Add a new message to this topic