FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Salmond in the Dock

Salmond in the Dock

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andeman OP   Man  over a year ago

bedforshire

14 counts of sexual offenses. WTF?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They charge you with every possible offence relating to the accusations. That's standard practice.

By *teve_it_aloneMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"They charge you with every possible offence relating to the accusations. That's standard practice."

Not quite. They charge you with every offence which is “provable” i.e. those for which they have a sufficiency if corroborated evidence. They can’t charge unless there is corroboration. It’s for a trial to test that evidence, of course, but the evidence must be there.

However given that this is a live case and that “forums” and social media have previously been found to be classed as publishing, we probably shouldn’t discuss it in any detail here.

Although he has been charged, it will still be up to the PF's office to proceed, or otherwise, with cases only likely to get a conviction.

By *rMrsWTFCouple  over a year ago

Arbroath

You can be charged without evidence the PF will decide on what evidence can be used and if it will continue to trial

If thus is true then he should be hung, if we are talking inappropriate comments or a slap on the arse then I think women should be more assertive and not let things escalate then complain later because it suited their career path at the time

Dunfermline

"You can be charged without evidence the PF will decide on what evidence can be used and if it will continue to trial

If thus is true then he should be hung, if we are talking inappropriate comments or a slap on the arse then I think women should be more assertive and not let things escalate then complain later because it suited their career path at the time"

No, the police would only charge based on there being a sufficiency of evidence. They could report circumstances for advice, but if they’re presenting someone at court from custody or undertaking to appear as in this case, then they would have a sufficiency for each of the charges.

The case would be marked by the crown, and only competent charges brought in court, which again happens.

Like i said, though, the evidence isn’t tested at this stage, but it would certainly viewed by the crown as credible.

"You can be charged without evidence the PF will decide on what evidence can be used and if it will continue to trial

If thus is true then he should be hung, if we are talking inappropriate comments or a slap on the arse then I think women should be more assertive and not let things escalate then complain later because it suited their career path at the time"

Or how about men just stop making inappropriate comments and slapping arses?

By *MCFUN5Couple  over a year ago

GLASGOW

Attempted r4pe for me means a wee bit more than a slap on the arse

Know someone who worked in Scottish parliament and for years said salmond was nothing but a bully and a terrible human being!!!

Well 14 charges , I wonder how many he will get away with , not that I have anything personnel against the guy but as they say Smoke without Fire springs to mind , plus they need to get it right after the Big slap in the Face the Scottish government got lately

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

"Well 14 charges , I wonder how many he will get away with , not that I have anything personnel against the guy but as they say Smoke without Fire springs to mind , plus they need to get it right after the Big slap in the Face the Scottish government got lately "

Get away with?? That implies he is guilty .... and I hate the no smoke without fire saying, if the bloke is innocent that stigma never goes.

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

"

However given that this is a live case and that “forums” and social media have previously been found to be classed as publishing, we probably shouldn’t discuss it in any detail here. "

Ehhhh ? Im sure i read every day in different newspapers the goings on in court with ONGOING trials.

More examples of todays scaremongering scociety.

Its kind of like when people say , that fishy site or the other swiping dating site. Lmao , its called POF and TINDER. Tinder Tinder , Tinder. No bolt of lightning has struck me down yet.

Back to the OP . I agree its a lot of charges but why did they not come forward before. Its all about career paths and or money these days. Yes for lots of people it was mostly acceptable for the innuendo comments , the touching was always wrong in my opinion but years ago women done all these things too.

By *ictiiWitchCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

Hopefully everything will come out in the wash, but just have a look at what else is in the papers right now, it's not inconceivable that this has been brought up now as a distraction from other political matters currently ongoing.

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Hopefully everything will come out in the wash, but just have a look at what else is in the papers right now, it's not inconceivable that this has been brought up now as a distraction from other political matters currently ongoing."

Seriously?

"

However given that this is a live case and that “forums” and social media have previously been found to be classed as publishing, we probably shouldn’t discuss it in any detail here.

Ehhhh ? Im sure i read every day in different newspapers the goings on in court with ONGOING trials.

Its kind of like when people say , that fishy site or the other swiping dating site. Lmao , its called POF and TINDER. Tinder Tinder , Tinder. No bolt of lightning has struck me down yet.

Back to the OP . I agree its a lot of charges but why did they not come forward before. Its all about career paths and or money these days. Yes for lots of people it was mostly acceptable for the innuendo comments , the touching was always wrong in my opinion but years ago women done all these things too. "

You're a real fan of equality, eh

By *rMrsWTFCouple  over a year ago

Arbroath

If thus is true then he should be hung, if we are talking inappropriate comments or a slap on the arse then I think women should be more assertive and not let things escalate then complain later because it suited their career path at the time

Or how about men just stop making inappropriate comments and slapping arses?"

I agree but it should be dealt with there and then not put up with because of job then make complaint later

I agree but it should be dealt with there and then not put up with because of job then make complaint later"

We don't live in an ideal world

Blantyre

I agree but it should be dealt with there and then not put up with because of job then make complaint later

We don't live in an ideal world "

Exactly and 30 years ago it was a lot less ideal, but you still harp on about what happened back then. You again made an accusation at me saying i dont believe in equality. What part of equality do you personally want because its a moving goal post. A guy holds a door open for a lady, is he saying she cant open the door herself or takes her coat. Can she nor remove her own coat. Equality is full of pitfalls and common sense has gone right out the window. Cases like r4pe and assault are different but general stuff like a pat on the bum was almost normal 30 years ago . We have all moved on from those times.

Exactly and 30 years ago it was a lot less ideal, but you still harp on about what happened back then. You again made an accusation at me saying i dont believe in equality. What part of equality do you personally want because its a moving goal post. A guy holds a door open for a lady, is he saying she cant open the door herself or takes her coat. Can she nor remove her own coat. Equality is full of pitfalls and common sense has gone right out the window. Cases like r4pe and assault are different but general stuff like a pat on the bum was almost normal 30 years ago . We have all moved on from those times."

I'm accusing you of having less than progressive views and being very closed minded. I have no idea why you're going on about holding doors open.

Blantyre

Exactly and 30 years ago it was a lot less ideal, but you still harp on about what happened back then. You again made an accusation at me saying i dont believe in equality. What part of equality do you personally want because its a moving goal post. A guy holds a door open for a lady, is he saying she cant open the door herself or takes her coat. Can she nor remove her own coat. Equality is full of pitfalls and common sense has gone right out the window. Cases like r4pe and assault are different but general stuff like a pat on the bum was almost normal 30 years ago . We have all moved on from those times.

I'm accusing you of having less than progressive views and being very closed minded. I have no idea why you're going on about holding doors open."

Here was me thinking progressive meant moving forward yet all you do is look back at the past . And i think if you dont understand the point raised about holding a door your not really being honest. Easier to make a negative comment 'again' as opposed express a view of the situation.

Dunfermline

"

Back to the OP . I agree its a lot of charges but why did they not come forward before. Its all about career paths and or money these days. Yes for lots of people it was mostly acceptable for the innuendo comments , the touching was always wrong in my opinion but years ago women done all these things too. "

Regarding the first part, it was well-intentioned opinion based on both media releases today by COPFS and previous coverage of the Lord Advocates comments on the subject:

Social media prosecution guidelines set out by Crown Office http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-30309411

Whether the site has a policy on naming competitors, I don’t know. I imagine lightning bolts and other acts of god, though, are outwith even this site’s T&Cs.

As for your second part, what a bizarre victim-blaming way of perceiving the situation. There’s a reason why we don’t have a ‘statute of limitations’ for these kind of offences. You can’t possibly imagine the thought process of victims of crimes and whether/when they are reported to police.

Whether it was because of concerns about being victimised in their careers, whether it was because they worried about the availability of justice when the accused was the holder of a very powerful position, it doesn’t really matter. It’s their right to come forward at any time.

In many cases the fact that one person comes forward is often a trigger for others who believed that their account would otherwise be dismissed.

I know this isn’t the forum for heavy debate, but it’s a worry how dismissive people can be about victims/alleged victims.

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

It’s amazing how many people I’ve read on social media who vilified Donald Trump after people made false allegations against him who are now taking the moral high ground with the “innocent until proven guilty” patter

"

Here was me thinking progressive meant moving forward yet all you do is look back at the past . And i think if you dont understand the point raised about holding a door your not really being honest. Easier to make a negative comment 'again' as opposed express a view of the situation. "

Why are you going on about 30 years ago?

And salmond hasn't been charged with causing offence by door holding

Helensburgh

"Hopefully everything will come out in the wash, but just have a look at what else is in the papers right now, it's not inconceivable that this has been brought up now as a distraction from other political matters currently ongoing.

Seriously?"

Umm yeah, seriously. The lost dossier of peadophiles, stripping people of their pensions, the fact that half of the Westminster folk are moving theirs and their friends businesses to other countries so they won’t lose out after brexit even though they are enforcing it. Ditching human rights, including the meagre support we can call on from the EU, for example holding the UKGov to account for their treatment of the sick and disabled. Removal on the acknowledgment of sentience for animals removing the welfare standards we have put in place to prevent cruelty in the agri industry, which also paved the way for battery farming, reinstated fox hunting etc. So yes, the fact that Alec may be guilty of several serious offences is horrible for everyone involved but it’s not a reason to take your eye off the big picture.

Oh never mind...there will be a cpl of drones flying over Edinburgh airport soon

Helensburgh

"It’s amazing how many people I’ve read on social media who vilified Donald Trump after people made false allegations against him who are now taking the moral high ground with the “innocent until proven guilty” patter

"

Problem is that Trump has admitted to and floated over the fact that he not only committed a host of sexual infractions, he has gloated about them. Different category here, Trump admits he’s a sex pest and people let him away with it. Alec will be held to account.

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Oh never mind...there will be a cpl of drones flying over Edinburgh airport soon "

The only droning I want to hear are the sound of bagpipes on Burns night .

Blantyre

I have a serious question to ask all the forum users in here. I know for a fact lots and lots of forum users have had that cheeky wee bum touch up or daring kiss at socials with people they only know through attending socials and as for the sexual innuendo holy crap its endless Is this acceptable behaviour, yes of course to an extent if you know both parties are treating it as horse play. As i say i always thought touching was over the line in the workplace but lots of what is reported nowadays was just the same with colleagues that you worked with for 20 plus years, acceptable horseplay by ALL parties concerned . In ten years would you see these females that attended socials go to court making sexual assault claims. Who knows. But i will say it dosnt stop it happening now. You read the situation at the time. Apart from the Serious nature of Salmond and 2 r4pe claims theres a bandwagon of compensation situations coming out as much as the serious things.

"Well 14 charges , I wonder how many he will get away with , not that I have anything personnel against the guy but as they say Smoke without Fire springs to mind , plus they need to get it right after the Big slap in the Face the Scottish government got lately

Get away with?? That implies he is guilty .... and I hate the no smoke without fire saying, if the bloke is innocent that stigma never goes. "

he will be guilty off something within the 14 charges but what, is the question

glasgow

"Hopefully everything will come out in the wash, but just have a look at what else is in the papers right now, it's not inconceivable that this has been brought up now as a distraction from other political matters currently ongoing.

Seriously?

Umm yeah, seriously. The lost dossier of peadophiles, stripping people of their pensions, the fact that half of the Westminster folk are moving theirs and their friends businesses to other countries so they won’t lose out after brexit even though they are enforcing it. Ditching human rights, including the meagre support we can call on from the EU, for example holding the UKGov to account for their treatment of the sick and disabled. Removal on the acknowledgment of sentience for animals removing the welfare standards we have put in place to prevent cruelty in the agri industry, which also paved the way for battery farming, reinstated fox hunting etc. So yes, the fact that Alec may be guilty of several serious offences is horrible for everyone involved but it’s not a reason to take your eye off the big picture. "

You're claiming it is being brought up as a distraction now. That is stuff of conspiracy theories and is ridiculous. No wonder women are afraid to come forward with allegations against powerful men when we have this nonsense.

"

Back to the OP . I agree its a lot of charges but why did they not come forward before. Its all about career paths and or money these days. Yes for lots of people it was mostly acceptable for the innuendo comments , the touching was always wrong in my opinion but years ago women done all these things too.

Regarding the first part, it was well-intentioned opinion based on both media releases today by COPFS and previous coverage of the Lord Advocates comments on the subject:

Social media prosecution guidelines set out by Crown Office http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-30309411

Whether the site has a policy on naming competitors, I don’t know. I imagine lightning bolts and other acts of god, though, are outwith even this site’s T&Cs.

As for your second part, what a bizarre victim-blaming way of perceiving the situation. There’s a reason why we don’t have a ‘statute of limitations’ for these kind of offences. You can’t possibly imagine the thought process of victims of crimes and whether/when they are reported to police.

Whether it was because of concerns about being victimised in their careers, whether it was because they worried about the availability of justice when the accused was the holder of a very powerful position, it doesn’t really matter. It’s their right to come forward at any time.

In many cases the fact that one person comes forward is often a trigger for others who believed that their account would otherwise be dismissed.

I know this isn’t the forum for heavy debate, but it’s a worry how dismissive people can be about victims/alleged victims.

"

Well said.

"I have a serious question to ask all the forum users in here. I know for a fact lots and lots of forum users have had that cheeky wee bum touch up or daring kiss at socials with people they only know through attending socials and as for the sexual innuendo holy crap its endless Is this acceptable behaviour, yes of course to an extent if you know both parties are treating it as horse play. As i say i always thought touching was over the line in the workplace but lots of what is reported nowadays was just the same with colleagues that you worked with for 20 plus years, acceptable horseplay by ALL parties concerned . In ten years would you see these females that attended socials go to court making sexual assault claims. Who knows. But i will say it dosnt stop it happening now. You read the situation at the time. Apart from the Serious nature of Salmond and 2 r4pe claims theres a bandwagon of compensation situations coming out as much as the serious things."

The allegations against salmond only go back to 2013.

Stop trying to pass of inappropriate behaviour as horseplay and using incompatible analogies

Seriously?

Umm yeah, seriously. The lost dossier of peadophiles, stripping people of their pensions, the fact that half of the Westminster folk are moving theirs and their friends businesses to other countries so they won’t lose out after brexit even though they are enforcing it. Ditching human rights, including the meagre support we can call on from the EU, for example holding the UKGov to account for their treatment of the sick and disabled. Removal on the acknowledgment of sentience for animals removing the welfare standards we have put in place to prevent cruelty in the agri industry, which also paved the way for battery farming, reinstated fox hunting etc. So yes, the fact that Alec may be guilty of several serious offences is horrible for everyone involved but it’s not a reason to take your eye off the big picture. "

"

"

By *eather47Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

From what i heard from friends who worked with him they were scared to say/do anything because of loss of jobs/pensions i worked in child care for 35 years also care of the elderly giving respite to parents partners i loved all the work i did and thought myself very very very lucky to have worked in a job i loved BUT my last year was hellish because of bullying and my boss did nothing about it in fact she sided with the bullies So i can see what has happened here very easily And NO way am u saying Salmond is guilty

By *eather47Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Innocent until proven guilty allways remember that

Helensburgh

Seriously?

Umm yeah, seriously. The lost dossier of peadophiles, stripping people of their pensions, the fact that half of the Westminster folk are moving theirs and their friends businesses to other countries so they won’t lose out after brexit even though they are enforcing it. Ditching human rights, including the meagre support we can call on from the EU, for example holding the UKGov to account for their treatment of the sick and disabled. Removal on the acknowledgment of sentience for animals removing the welfare standards we have put in place to prevent cruelty in the agri industry, which also paved the way for battery farming, reinstated fox hunting etc. So yes, the fact that Alec may be guilty of several serious offences is horrible for everyone involved but it’s not a reason to take your eye off the big picture.

You're claiming it is being brought up as a distraction now. That is stuff of conspiracy theories and is ridiculous. No wonder women are afraid to come forward with allegations against powerful men when we have this nonsense."

Ok, so the fact that two other politicians lately that have been accused/convicted of sexual offences that have been hushed up because of government issued D notices are inconsequential? As for hushing up abuse victims, are you suggesting honeypotting doesn’t exist? For the benefit of all involved it should have been kept OUT of the media, so why the media circus? And before this gets hauled up, I am an abuse survivor and I get highly offended by honeypotting because it is detrimental to all abuse survivors. People do lie and it’s up to the courts to get to the truth, not idle speculation on forums. So, while the RIGHT people deal with this situation, don’t be distracted from what else is going on.

Seriously?

You're claiming it is being brought up as a distraction now. That is stuff of conspiracy theories and is ridiculous. No wonder women are afraid to come forward with allegations against powerful men when we have this nonsense.

Ok, so the fact that two other politicians lately that have been accused/convicted of sexual offences that have been hushed up because of government issued D notices are inconsequential? As for hushing up abuse victims, are you suggesting honeypotting doesn’t exist? For the benefit of all involved it should have been kept OUT of the media, so why the media circus? And before this gets hauled up, I am an abuse survivor and I get highly offended by honeypotting because it is detrimental to all abuse survivors. People do lie and it’s up to the courts to get to the truth, not idle speculation on forums. So, while the RIGHT people deal with this situation, don’t be distracted from what else is going on. "

Well said, excellent comment xx

"I have a serious question to ask all the forum users in here. I know for a fact lots and lots of forum users have had that cheeky wee bum touch up or daring kiss at socials with people they only know through attending socials and as for the sexual innuendo holy crap its endless Is this acceptable behaviour, yes of course to an extent if you know both parties are treating it as horse play. As i say i always thought touching was over the line in the workplace but lots of what is reported nowadays was just the same with colleagues that you worked with for 20 plus years, acceptable horseplay by ALL parties concerned . In ten years would you see these females that attended socials go to court making sexual assault claims. Who knows. But i will say it dosnt stop it happening now. You read the situation at the time. Apart from the Serious nature of Salmond and 2 r4pe claims theres a bandwagon of compensation situations coming out as much as the serious things."
to answer your question...me personally...I say that again...me personally can handle sexual banter..in fact id say it's pretty easy to shut a creepy guy/s up..touching however no matter if it's a quick pat on the bum or a brush past I will not tolerate! Touch me il shout in the top of my voice WTF are you doing so everyone around me hears it! I can remember 1 of our 1st social events from fab a cpl blocked me because when the hubby introduced themselves he went to kiss me on the lips and i turned my head for him to kiss my cheek he took offence..sorry but fab social or not..I decide who kisses me on my mouth!.

glasgow

Seriously?

Ok, so the fact that two other politicians lately that have been accused/convicted of sexual offences that have been hushed up because of government issued D notices are inconsequential? As for hushing up abuse victims, are you suggesting honeypotting doesn’t exist? For the benefit of all involved it should have been kept OUT of the media, so why the media circus? And before this gets hauled up, I am an abuse survivor and I get highly offended by honeypotting because it is detrimental to all abuse survivors. People do lie and it’s up to the courts to get to the truth, not idle speculation on forums. So, while the RIGHT people deal with this situation, don’t be distracted from what else is going on. "

You're just making things even worse. Had to google honeypotting, what a ridiculous allegation to throw out there that he's been set up by females to catch him out. How incredibly offensive. As for being kept out of the media, no it shouldn't. If it was anyone else it would be in the media so he shouldn't escape that and if it means more alleged victims coming forward then that can only be a good thing.

"As for being kept out of the media, no it shouldn't. If it was anyone else it would be in the media so he shouldn't escape that and if it means more alleged victims coming forward then that can only be a good thing. "

The media is unionist/britnat same as those advocating AS is guilty because well he’s AS and his politics.

Dossier on paedophiles allegedly associated with the British gov was assembled and given to the Home Secretary, in 1984

2013 the Home Office stated that all relevant info had been passed to the police It was later disclosed that 114 documents concerning child abuse went missing.

It’s ok to bury and ignore if your a yoon though.

I'm a firm believer in no names should be made public on both sides until a conviction is made.

Too many false accusations have been made from folk and lives have been ruined with the old no smoke without fire shit.

Not saying he's guilty but not saying he's innocent either.let the courts decide.

glasgow

"As for being kept out of the media, no it shouldn't. If it was anyone else it would be in the media so he shouldn't escape that and if it means more alleged victims coming forward then that can only be a good thing.

The media is unionist/britnat same as those advocating AS is guilty because well he’s AS and his politics.

Dossier on paedophiles allegedly associated with the British gov was assembled and given to the Home Secretary, in 1984

2013 the Home Office stated that all relevant info had been passed to the police It was later disclosed that 114 documents concerning child abuse went missing.

"

What a world view you have lol. Btw I read a story about it in that unionist/britnat rag The National

"As for being kept out of the media, no it shouldn't. If it was anyone else it would be in the media so he shouldn't escape that and if it means more alleged victims coming forward then that can only be a good thing.

What a world view you have lol. Btw I read a story about it in that unionist/britnat rag The National "

You don’t read the National you read the daily fail. Support sevco vote Tory/UKIP

It’s easy to profile on here.

glasgow

What a world view you have lol. Btw I read a story about it in that unionist/britnat rag The National

You don’t read the National you read the daily fail. Support sevco vote Tory/UKIP

It’s easy to profile on here. "

It's also easy to completely make things up. You're wrong about every single point there. I don't support any football team, don't bother voting and don't know what the daily fail is.

It's also easy to completely make things up. You're wrong about every single point there. I don't support any football team, don't bother voting and don't know what the daily fail is. "

Ha ha aye sure

I Always wonder about an adult that dosn't vote?

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Trial by social media not like its biased or anything

glasgow

"I Always wonder about an adult that dosn't vote?"

Why? Politicians tend to be self serving individuals who are more concerned with keeping themselves in power or on the gravy train than anything else. My life hasn't changed noticeably in anyway based on who the government of the day were. Also, more than 1/3 of the country didn't vote at the last election.

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

It's also easy to completely make things up. You're wrong about every single point there. I don't support any football team, don't bother voting and don't know what the daily fail is.

Ha ha aye sure "

You bet its easy to profile on here..

loL LOL LOL Her we go AGAIN...Its a unionist conspiracy. It's M15 or MI6 OR Men in Black, even worse it will be all those Sevco's

Its everyone's fault but AS.

Obviously the Police Scotland officers investigating have also got it wrong and are the establishments puppets...lol lol

Well his(AS) bum is obviously quivering just like his trembling lip when he was on the news tonight.

Anyway, another crowd fund to pay for his legal fees will be on the cards all the non yoons and hoots mon Brigade will gladly weigh in .

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

If he is innocent does he get to rejoin the SNP?

If he is guilty does he bring the SNP into disrepute?

hmm

Ignore the party angle, concentrate on the actions of the man.

It is up to the lawyers to disprove prove his innocence/guilt

Power corrupts, to remain honest while in power takes a lot of "moral courage"

sordid sleazy and reminiscent of the tommy Sheridan case.

"I Always wonder about an adult that dosn't vote?

Why? Politicians tend to be self serving individuals who are more concerned with keeping themselves in power or on the gravy train than anything else. My life hasn't changed noticeably in anyway based on who the government of the day were. Also, more than 1/3 of the country didn't vote at the last election."

yip and look whats happend...surely better to try to fix things rather that do nothing and moan about the state of it.

Why? Politicians tend to be self serving individuals who are more concerned with keeping themselves in power or on the gravy train than anything else. My life hasn't changed noticeably in anyway based on who the government of the day were. Also, more than 1/3 of the country didn't vote at the last election.yip and look whats happend...surely better to try to fix things rather that do nothing and moan about the state of it."

glasgow

Why? Politicians tend to be self serving individuals who are more concerned with keeping themselves in power or on the gravy train than anything else. My life hasn't changed noticeably in anyway based on who the government of the day were. Also, more than 1/3 of the country didn't vote at the last election.yip and look whats happend...surely better to try to fix things rather that do nothing and moan about the state of it."

I'm not moaning about it though. There will always be polticians and they will always tend to look after themselves, that's something that won't be changed by voting for any particular party. Ultimately the only change will be the party in power and that has little impact on my life. I may pay a bit more tax, directly and indirectly, with one party and less with another but that's about it.

Ok

By *hatsmynameagainCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

No matter what side of the political fence you're on it is wrong to make presumptions that he is guilty or innocent.

Just because there is a long list of charges it doesn't mean he is guilty, some people do lie even pretty horrific ones. The two actors from Corry for example had a long list of abuse charge's but they were proven false partly because they could provide details of where they were when the allogations took place.

However just because some people lie it doesn't mean the alleged victims have lied and he really could be guilty.

All we can do is sit back and wait and see what happens. Hopefully the truth comes out whatever that may be.

Mr

By *ubiousOatcakeMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"My life hasn't changed noticeably in anyway based on who the government of the day were."

1) It almost definitely has.

2) If it really hasn’t, it’s about to.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

im one of those pesky non voters though rather than your interpretation of not voting i see it as a vote of no confidence in all put before me.

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

Why vote . They tell the majority what they want to hear just to get the vote. Then make excuses they can’t do it due to the last political party or it’s Westminster’s fault. Career politician are just in it for them self’s . Taxes go up. New taxes get implemented, the working class are just the milk cow. The aristocracy get richer. The poor get poorer and what is public owned is sold off. No political party will change that.

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

Anyway that is going off the subject. 14 accounts , would like to hear what they are. But the 2 accounts of attempted r8p sound hard to fob off. What is attempted r8p.

Ha ha aye sure

loL LOL LOL Her we go AGAIN...Its a unionist conspiracy. It's M15 or MI6 OR Men in Black, even worse it will be all those Sevco's

Obviously the Police Scotland officers investigating have also got it wrong and are the establishments puppets...lol lol

Well his(AS) bum is obviously quivering just like his trembling lip when he was on the news tonight.

Anyway, another crowd fund to pay for his legal fees will be on the cards all the non yoons and hoots mon Brigade will gladly weigh in .

"

You do know the hootsmon is a wordplay on the Scotsman newspaper aka the unionist bedfellow.

You like many others yoons seem content to have a media circus regardless of facts despite the establishment covering up their own evil ways. What’s your views on the aberdeen councillor who resigned yesterday amid sexual allegations with little or no media outcry predominantly due to his political allegiances. ?

Personally, I think this is a matter which is best kept in court and once a court decision / verdict has been made then people can opinionize.

Many have already made their minds up and reporters / broadcasters often have their own reasons for going to print.

let this event run its course and focus on this forum for swinging, rather than gossip of others affairs.

"I Always wonder about an adult that dosn't vote?"

Their called subservient.

I have more respect for a far right voter than any non voter in any capacity.

Ha ha aye sure

You do know the hootsmon is a wordplay on the Scotsman newspaper aka the unionist bedfellow.

You like many others yoons seem content to have a media circus regardless of facts despite the establishment covering up their own evil ways. What’s your views on the aberdeen councillor who resigned yesterday amid sexual allegations with little or no media outcry predominantly due to his political allegiances. ? "

I have more respect for a far right voter than any non voter in any capacity. "

interesting;

what if one considers there is no candidate worth his/her vote from any party, should one still vote for a person if they do not tick all boxes, or the person fully disagrees with their views

Just seen someones status saying its a stitch up, really,is this what SNP followers are thinking?

interesting;

what if one considers there is no candidate worth his/her vote from any party, should one still vote for a person if they do not tick all boxes, or the person fully disagrees with their views"

Then it's time to get tactical

interesting;

what if one considers there is no candidate worth his/her vote from any party, should one still vote for a person if they do not tick all boxes, or the person fully disagrees with their views"

We have that already. Independent

interesting;

No two people will ever be 100% compatable in their views, so you vote for the candidate or party that matches what you want. It's just about not being too lazy to see where they stand on the issues that matter to you.

By *yanedinburgh92Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Seriously?

Lol. This did make me laugh. Up there with the strangest things I have read on here... got lost at the ‘battery farming’ and ‘reinstated fox hunting’ tho...

That’s worth a second read Lol

By *anon6dMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Seriously?

lanarkshire

Are you for real....comparing an an Aberdeen Councillor sexual exploits to Scotland First Minister.....????? Really!!!!!!

Bet you gave Sky,BBC,ITV hell for their impartial reporting. Aye right ..

Obviously it was top of the agenda in the Regional News in Abergloom for you to tell us about it but who really cares about a local councillor?

Anyway...I assume with AS...and NS the SNP taking the negative headlines it needs the foot following soldiers and members of SNP be to deflect any negatives. Not making a good job of it though. But keep trying.

I'm sure AS will, if convicted by the nasty Unionist conspiracy establishment, like the time to reflect on his actions....sure he'll love the porridge as well...

By *nvercoupleCouple  over a year ago

Inverness

Well I believe he is guilty of probably th lesser charges and will likely be found guilty for them. And I also 100% believe the timing of this is to do with politics and what could happen after brexit.

Seriously?

This is on point

Personally if someone grabbed my arse in work or made suggestive comments I’d quite loudly say keep your fuxking hands aro yourself or next time I’ll break them, if you made comments in private I’d email you with a read receipt and say further to our conversation earlier I don’t feel your comments were appropriate for the workplace and certainly without warrant kindly keep those comments to yourself or for your wife or face the consequences

Don’t take bullshit never have and I did very well in my career but had to take a moment to reflect myself when I was always winding one of the boys up and grabbing his ass when we were all together because he got embarrassed so easy but in private we chatted and he had no issues, but it’s easy to cross the lines without realising it, however when you’re actively warned watch out for him he’s a creep that’s where I can’t get my head around things folk know someone’s a creep yet because you’re prewarned it’s ok for him to continue why doesn’t anyone say hey that’s not acceptable

Why? Politicians tend to be self serving individuals who are more concerned with keeping themselves in power or on the gravy train than anything else. My life hasn't changed noticeably in anyway based on who the government of the day were. Also, more than 1/3 of the country didn't vote at the last election."

People who don’t vote are basically saying they’re happy with how things are amd really should keep their opinions to themselves

"Are you for real....comparing an an Aberdeen Councillor sexual exploits to Scotland First Minister.....????? Really!!!!!!

Bet you gave Sky,BBC,ITV hell for their impartial reporting. Aye right ..

Obviously it was top of the agenda in the Regional News in Abergloom for you to tell us about it but who really cares about a local councillor?

Anyway...I assume with AS...and NS the SNP taking the negative headlines it needs the foot following soldiers and members of SNP be to deflect any negatives. Not making a good job of it though. But keep trying.

I'm sure AS will, if convicted by the nasty Unionist conspiracy establishment, like the time to reflect on his actions....sure he'll love the porridge as well..."

Midlothian’s in Aberdeen ?

Ken what yeah Cannae argue with stupid.

Sitting quietly eating pop corn

Edinburgh

"Well I believe he is guilty of probably th lesser charges and will likely be found guilty for them. And I also 100% believe the timing of this is to do with politics and what could happen after brexit."

Whose behind the timing of it all then? The Illuminati?

lanarkshire

Check your posts ..it was you that made reference to an Aberdeen Councillor.... who made comments on Mid Lothian...?

"Check your posts ..it was you that made reference to an Aberdeen Councillor.... who made comments on Mid Lothian...?

"

I’m clearly from Midlothian (no space between Mid and Lothian )

You said I checked regional news not me.

You should be ashamed of yourself for some of your comments.

One things certain. King Billy couldn’t possibly have had these accusations levelled at him

Why? Politicians tend to be self serving individuals who are more concerned with keeping themselves in power or on the gravy train than anything else. My life hasn't changed noticeably in anyway based on who the government of the day were. Also, more than 1/3 of the country didn't vote at the last election.

People who don’t vote are basically saying they’re happy with how things are amd really should keep their opinions to themselves "

I disagree, just because we have the right to vote doesn't mean we must vote. Politicians are notorious liars, if I dont like any of them why should I vote for them? Also, as a tax payer I believe I'm entitled to have an opinion and criticise when they aren't doing a good job.

lanarkshire

[Removed by poster at 25/01/19 20:28:20]

lanarkshire

[Removed by poster at 25/01/19 20:29:34]

glasgow

People who don’t vote are basically saying they’re happy with how things are amd really should keep their opinions to themselves "

So if someone is happy with the way things are they shouldn't be allowed to voice that opinion?

lanarkshire

"Check your posts ..it was you that made reference to an Aberdeen Councillor.... who made comments on Mid Lothian...?

You said I checked regional news not me. .

One things certain. King Billy couldn’t possibly have had these accusations levelled at him "

You really are a Nationalist troll and your hurting aren't you lol lol

First and foremost I should be ashamed for my comments???

Who really cares your from MidLothian?...Where the fook is MidLothian anyway..?

It's funny how every thread and I mean every thread, you bring up the issue of conspiracy, The establishment,the Unionist and now King Billy???? Lol lol lol

Are you really that sad .. your comments really epitomises your mind think.

If you can purposely tie in what King Billy has to do with to a thread about Alex Salmon then I'll gladly await your response.

You are nothing but a sad and vitriolic Nationalist who defends the indefensible... Who argues and challenges anyone, irrespective of their views, irrespective of their comments who makes any comment against the SNP.

Take a chill pill..go put you blue face paint on, go watch for the umpteenth time your Braveheart DVD

and thrash yourself as you shout Freeeedom...but this time for AS.

One things certain. King Billy couldn’t possibly have had these accusations levelled at him

It's funny how every thread and I mean every thread, you bring up the issue of conspiracy, The establishment,the Unionist and now King Billy???? Lol lol lol

If you can purposely tie in what King Billy has to do with to a thread about Alex Salmon then I'll gladly await your response.

You are nothing but a sad and vitriolic Nationalist who defends the indefensible... Who argues and challenges anyone, irrespective of their views, irrespective of their comments who makes any comment against the SNP.

Take a chill pill..go put you blue face paint on, go watch for the umpteenth time your Braveheart DVD

"

3rd time lucky after the crying no surrender ?

You continue your unionist rant.

Ask yourself why has the snp been in govt so long ? Must be doing something right

Where is Midlothian anyway ? Abergloom ?

Keep aff the meths

"If you can purposely tie in what King Billy has to do with to a thread about Alex Salmon then I'll gladly await your response"

Well we all know what side King Billy batted for

lanarkshire

Ask yourself why has the snp been in govt so long ? Must be doing something right

Keep aff the meths "

Yawn yawn yawn.. .I' m touching a nerve with you aren't I lol lol

I love the fact your responding less than 30 seconds after I have sent a message...I see your continuing with your usual bigotry spiel... Still waiting for where King Billy and No Surrender comes into this thread. ???

Keep aff the meths

I love the fact your responding less than 30 seconds after I have sent a message...I see your continuing with your usual bigotry spiel... Still waiting for where King Billy and No Surrender comes into this thread. ???

"

I didn’t know there was a time limit on responding ?

Now bow down to your imperial master.

lanarkshire

You said I checked regional news not me.

Keep aff the meths

I didn’t know there was a time limit on responding ?

Now bow down to your imperial master.

"

See your learning and That's good, that's improvement as long as you know your place...Keep it up and embrace it.

The establishment is all that you know and will always know.

I know it hurts but that will subdue after time..

"The establishment is all that you know and will always know.

I know it hurts but that will subdue after time.. "

Your embarrassing yourself now. Your in full yoon rage

lanarkshire

Apologies peeps... But I have to go out and buy a new tin of dubbing. I need it to polish Cockayethenoo's saddle as I'm riding him all o' er the pkace

[Removed by poster at 25/01/19 21:31:49]

lanarkshire

Your embarrassing yourself now. Your in full yoon rage "

I'm embarrassing myself... ..Pot, Kettle black comes to mind...

Still waiting for where King Billy and No Surrender came into this thread.. ?!!??

Your embarrassing yourself now. Your in full yoon rage

I'm embarrassing myself... ..Pot, Kettle black comes to mind...

Still waiting for where King Billy and No Surrender came into this thread.. ?!!??

"

Salmond likes woman

KB likes boys

hey theres scum everywhere, what can I say

if he did it and they have 100% proof he should go down

By *vcarolTV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

Although most people have focused on the sexual part of his charges, there are ones of a more mundane issue, namely breach of the peace. This I feel is where more focus should be placed - I am not making light of the other serious charges. But this breach ‘allegedly ‘ happened in a closed meeting, with members of the procurators dept present.

From what has been put out either spin, or spin from spin, the vast majority of us have no clue what had happened behind closed doors.

For this we will have to wait for the law process to take its course.

I for one wish to see him on the stand and clear his name, should there be more to this, then this could be a watershed moment for the whole law society.

If on the other hand he is guilty.....

By *8guyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"[Removed by poster at 25/01/19 21:31:49]"

Coming away with comments like that is totally out of Oder and you should be shamed by that. You didn't delete it fast enough. Some of us saw what you said.

You can have gripes on the site but no need to lower yourself to that level.

This is why we can't have nice things.

I don't know if Alex Salmond did any of the things he's accused of. That is for the court to decide, but what I do know, is that I don't think it was party policy for him to do it, any more than any other misdemeanours by politicians of any party is policy.

bedforshire

Iam very clear that Politicians of all shades and party have been ingaged in this type of behaviour over the years. Even a fameus woman dealing with Peace in NI.

The fact is that power goes to some peoples heads in different ways.

Edinburgh

"Iam very clear that Politicians of all shades and party have been ingaged in this type of behaviour over the years. Even a fameus woman dealing with Peace in NI.

The fact is that power goes to some peoples heads in different ways."

So all politicians are sexual predators? Have a day off.

bedforshire

"Iam very clear that Politicians of all shades and party have been ingaged in this type of behaviour over the years. Even a fameus woman dealing with Peace in NI.

So all politicians are sexual predators? Have a day off. "

No some get involved in financial scandal some in bullying some take gifts for questions.

Many do nothing wrong at all.

Power is a drug and for some it leads them to ill.

Edinburgh

So all politicians are sexual predators? Have a day off.

No some get involved in financial scandal some in bullying some take gifts for questions.

Many do nothing wrong at all.

Power is a drug and for some it leads them to ill.

"

A bit like any other industry or profession then...

Alex Salmond is the most investigated politician in Britain. Every cheque-book hack, intelligence spook, disgruntled senior cop, political party spin-doctor...has been trying to pin something on him since 1990. BBC set up a unit into his "gambling debts" in late 90s. Nada.

Extract from Herrald

"Alex Salmond is the most investigated politician in Britain. Every cheque-book hack, intelligence spook, disgruntled senior cop, political party spin-doctor...has been trying to pin something on him since 1990. BBC set up a unit into his "gambling debts" in late 90s. Nada.

Extract from Herrald "

The establishment know an announcement on the next indyref is imminent, AS will more than likely wait the full 12 months permitted before the crown decide to drop the case.

Watch what happens between now and the end of March, the North of Ireland, Scottish Police, the Army. Brexit is the final nail in the coffin of the union but watch out for the lengths they'll go to to hang on to Scotland . North sea oil and gas underpins the UKs 2 trillion national debt. Even Hitler said if he had the British secret service he'd have ruled the world.

Edinburgh

"Alex Salmond is the most investigated politician in Britain. Every cheque-book hack, intelligence spook, disgruntled senior cop, political party spin-doctor...has been trying to pin something on him since 1990. BBC set up a unit into his "gambling debts" in late 90s. Nada.

Extract from Herrald

The establishment know an announcement on the next indyref is imminent, AS will more than likely wait the full 12 months permitted before the crown decide to drop the case.

Watch what happens between now and the end of March, the North of Ireland, Scottish Police, the Army. Brexit is the final nail in the coffin of the union but watch out for the lengths they'll go to to hang on to Scotland . North sea oil and gas underpins the UKs 2 trillion national debt. Even Hitler said if he had the British secret service he'd have ruled the world. "

So the secret service are behind this? Lol. Surely they would have done this back in 2013/14, when he was actually leader of the SNP and Indyref 1 was gaining momentum? And not now, given he is now resigned from the party?

By *tormountCouple  over a year ago

Raintown

"The establishment know an announcement on the next indyref is imminent, AS will more than likely wait the full 12 months permitted before the crown decide to drop the case.

Watch what happens between now and the end of March, the North of Ireland, Scottish Police, the Army. Brexit is the final nail in the coffin of the union but watch out for the lengths they'll go to to hang on to Scotland . North sea oil and gas underpins the UKs 2 trillion national debt. Even Hitler said if he had the British secret service he'd have ruled the world. "

The more I read into these batshit crazy conspiracy theories the more I am convinced there is a cult operating in this country.

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Extract from Herrald

In an ideal world I'd love for Scotland to be an independent country but I dunno how I'll ever be convinced it's a good idea aslong as these howling at the moon lunatics like this are promoting it

Extract from Herrald

Watch what happens between now and the end of March, the North of Ireland, Scottish Police, the Army. Brexit is the final nail in the coffin of the union but watch out for the lengths they'll go to to hang on to Scotland . North sea oil and gas underpins the UKs 2 trillion national debt. Even Hitler said if he had the British secret service he'd have ruled the world.

In an ideal world I'd love for Scotland to be an independent country but I dunno how I'll ever be convinced it's a good idea aslong as these howling at the moon lunatics like this are promoting it"

Your not convinced already you never will be.

Convince us that it’s a bad idea ?

» Add a new message to this topic