FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Disfigurement!

Disfigurement!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Would you meet someone with scars or would you look elsewhere?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Would you meet someone with scars or would you look elsewhere?"

Scars from being slashed or assaulted ?

From an accident and surgery

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Most folk have scars somewhere on their bodies.

"From an accident and surgery "

Yeah I'd meet them, unless it was the result of multiple cosmetic surgeries

I don't mean tiny scars.

"I don't mean tiny scars. "

Yeah I know what you mean, like Simon Weston from the Falklands war?

Not quite as bad as that.

"Not quite as bad as that."

I'm thinking beauty and the beast, phantom of the opera,there's beauty in most people

By *teve_it_aloneMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Absolutely. Body positivity comes in all shapes and sizes. Some people hate their tummies, other have stretch marks...

Scars come in all shapes and sizes, and they are usually come with stories.

I’ve got a small one on my right pinkie finger. I got it from saving a baby’s life*.

*that version of events might slightly over-egg my bravery and under-report my lack of forethought and common sense! I only tell the real story to special people though!

If their scars are an issue for you and your even asking yourself the question then they arnt for you and would be unfair to meet.. If you can see and like the person behind the scars then they are worth meeting...

I have a 10/12 inch long scar running down my abdomen. Also another scar running from my abdomen round to my back, females we have met have never even mentioned it. And something like that would not put me off meeting others.

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

south side

I see lots of naked bodies. Most people have scars of some sort. Some have had extensive surgery, leaving long scars. And it's hard to live an adventurous life with some signs of wear and tear, scarring, badly set bones, etc. And, the answer.. Yes, I would date some with scars.

"I have a 10/12 inch long scar running down my abdomen. Also another scar running from my abdomen round to my back, females we have met have never even mentioned it. And something like that would not put me off meeting others."

Your perfect imperfections as the song goes x

I've been letting my scars define who I am for years. Maybe it's time I just embrace them

Yeah, wouldn't bother me.

C section scars and a birth mark here.

If it's an issue for someone then they're not worth a second thought OP.

"I've been letting my scars define who I am for years. Maybe it's time I just embrace them "

My mistake i presumed you were refering to a potential meet with scars

My answer is still same tho if a person cant see past another persons scars then they arnt worth meeting...

Dunfermline

"I have a 10/12 inch long scar running down my abdomen. Also another scar running from my abdomen round to my back, females we have met have never even mentioned it. And something like that would not put me off meeting others.

Your perfect imperfections as the song goes x"

See, I’d disagree. They’re not imperfections. A body is a body. Some are big, some are wee, some have lumps and bumps, some aren’t a typical size or shape.

We all have our shallow moments... but if someone was a total twat, even if they were classically “stunning”, it would be a massive turn off for me.

"I've been letting my scars define who I am for years. Maybe it's time I just embrace them

My mistake i presumed you were refering to a potential meet with scars

My answer is still same tho if a person cant see past another persons scars then they arnt worth meeting... "

No need to apoligise. I Should have explained better.

Dunfermline

"I've been letting my scars define who I am for years. Maybe it's time I just embrace them "

Absolutely. They’re part of you, and they no doubt tell stories... but they’re no reason to hide away.

The important thing is finding comfort and confidence...

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman  over a year ago

Renfrewshire

I've got a scar on my one of my breasts & c-section & keyhole surgery scars.

Used to let it bother me but if they don't like no one needs to look.

By *asterslittlewhoreCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I have a large scar running across my ribs to my middle its a wiggly one and i honestly love it, it saved my life and i like the dots that run along it from the staples

By *azw39Man  over a year ago

scotland

Why shud scars be an issue,and the scars usually make the person,it’s the person that counts,most people have scars physical and mentally,

"I have a 10/12 inch long scar running down my abdomen. Also another scar running from my abdomen round to my back, females we have met have never even mentioned it. And something like that would not put me off meeting others.

See, I’d disagree. They’re not imperfections. A body is a body. Some are big, some are wee, some have lumps and bumps, some aren’t a typical size or shape.

We all have our shallow moments... but if someone was a total twat, even if they were classically “stunning”, it would be a massive turn off for me. "

I think if you "click" with someone then the scar would just be there, another part of their body. Like their nose or chin or whatever else. Had a few dickish comments in my time on nights out about my birth mark..."did a shark get hold of you then?" Lots of arseholes out there.

By *ictiiWitchCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

I have loads of scars, a couple of big ones from botched healing after surgery and a load that look a bit like polka dots, no one has commented or cared. Rock what you got!

Dunfermline

We all have our shallow moments... but if someone was a total twat, even if they were classically “stunning”, it would be a massive turn off for me.

I think if you "click" with someone then the scar would just be there, another part of their body. Like their nose or chin or whatever else. Had a few dickish comments in my time on nights out about my birth mark..."did a shark get hold of you then?" Lots of arseholes out there."

Yes. That! Glad someone could articulate what I’m trying to say!

It's a confidence thing with me

By *exy gentMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

We all have scars of some degree or another, great for story telling, wear them like a medal

"It's a confidence thing with me "

You look fantastic and sound like a lovely person, what's above your shoulders won't change that.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I have a large tummy scar I hate it but have lernt to accept it and no one has ever commented on it,however I do tend to wear lingerie that hides it most of the time

https://www.kickassfacts.com/15-celebrity-scars-stories/

I have lots of little scars. Quite a few on my breasts.

They are part of you and your story. I think there's been some sage words said on this thread.

I have a rather nice scar on my left butt cheek due to the removal of a birthmark related growth , scar on my left ankle from surgery, a curved scar under my bottom lip from my mum throwing the cat at me and one on my thumb when I sliced it open with a cut throat razor

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

I have a fair few scars from various surgeries. I also sport a very fetching ng tube. Both these things are part of me and there is nothing I can do to change them (same as having to use a wheelchair).

Yes, your confidence can take a huge dent as you come to terms with any surgery scars/after effects, but if people can't accept them for them being part of you, then they are not worth the time or effort x

Thanks everyone for the comments. I might one day show how proud I am of these scars.

I’ve met a few guys with facial scars, my wee bro was born with problems and has scars across his chest from lifesaving operations, two of my cousins have been the victim of assaults that have left them with facial scars the youngest was 16 when he was attacked with his gf took him years to recover and get out and about, people presume he’s a trouble maker on nights out, a former BFF was struck by a car and had facial scars again people assume she’s a trouble maker on nights out, my ex had a full on facial birth mark taking up most of his face, when my son was born he was born with a few birthmarks and I was scared my daughter would be born with them but she didn’t have any, she did however split her forehead as a child and now has one across her forehead I’ve had three c sections ! So many scars on people close to me and so many different reasons for them and all of them amazing and beautiful people 3 so for me I often don’t even notice folks scars or birth marks anymore and I’m pretty sure there’s millions of people out there feel exactly the same ! Some

People are covered in scars you can’t even see ! At least the visible ones show the healing process

Yes I would.Everyone has imperfections of some kind or something that they are not comfortable with. Where would we be if we couldn't overlook these?

Scars wouldn't put me off at all. Our imperfections are usually much worse in our own mind than they appear to others.

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I've got a massive scar from my penis extension..... Ok maybe not but I do have several small scars and a large scar, if I can live with them then so can others

John

I have a number of scars, each one with its own story... They remind me of good times, shit times and frightening moments.. I am proud of each one.. There are many reasons not to meet someone.. Scars shouldn't be one of them.

By *izzmasterzeroMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I met someone years ago who had one leg, hands all misshapen. That kinda thing means nothing to me as it's all about the person, having the perfect body doesn't count for shit without a personality

"Would you meet someone with scars or would you look elsewhere?"

Wouldn't bother me, we all have our perceived blemishes either physically or mentally which we have insecurities about.

No major scars to write home about, but I used to stress about being tongue tied and it affecting me sexually, but never had complaints and learned to live with it although would love to address it someday.

"Would you meet someone with scars or would you look elsewhere?

Wouldn't bother me, we all have our perceived blemishes either physically or mentally which we have insecurities about.

No major scars to write home about, but I used to stress about being tongue tied and it affecting me sexually, but never had complaints and learned to live with it although would love to address it someday. "

I was tongue tied and had mine done when I was thirteen.. If I remember it only took about fifteen. Minutes.

"Would you meet someone with scars or would you look elsewhere?

No major scars to write home about, but I used to stress about being tongue tied and it affecting me sexually, but never had complaints and learned to live with it although would love to address it someday.

I was tongue tied and had mine done when I was thirteen.. If I remember it only took about fifteen. Minutes. "

They don't do it any longer on NHS unless medically needed. Mulled over getting it done privately

I think everyone carries scars of some sort.

Some are physical and more obvious, others are not and can often have a more detrimental impact on the person.

They're not something anyone can change and it's about learning to live with them. For some I acknowledge that's easier than others. But you are who and what you are OP and I don't think you should be worried about hiding your scars. If anyone has an issue or judges you on scars they don't really warrant you wasting your time on them.

if my scars were to worry or bother someone that much, then they simply arn't worth my time. we can't expect to go through life and remain in pristine showroom condition. This isn't a perfect world, this is the real world. None of us are bulletproof. Scars just give us character. could even recreate the scene from the jaws movie and compare scars.

"I think everyone carries scars of some sort.

Some are physical and more obvious, others are not and can often have a more detrimental impact on the person.

They're not something anyone can change and it's about learning to live with them. For some I acknowledge that's easier than others. But you are who and what you are OP and I don't think you should be worried about hiding your scars. If anyone has an issue or judges you on scars they don't really warrant you wasting your time on them.

"

Agree 100%

"I have a number of scars, each one with its own story... They remind me of good times, shit times and frightening moments.. I am proud of each one.. There are many reasons not to meet someone.. Scars shouldn't be one of them. "

"Scars wouldn't put me off at all. Our imperfections are usually much worse in our own mind than they appear to others. "

Had that problem myself,when you learn to love yourself it's amazing how others start to see you.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Battle scars are your story.

if you are upfront and open about it before meeting you shouldn't have an issue.

And I can say from most of the people we have met men and women they wouldn't bat an eyelid about it.

I like scars. I like quirky things like squint teeth or weird fingers. Anything that makes someone individual.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Don’t see any issue with scars. Consider them similar to tattoos as they wil normally have a story behind them. Just life leaving it’s marks.

"Don’t see any issue with scars. Consider them similar to tattoos as they wil normally have a story behind them. Just life leaving it’s marks."

I couldn't agree more. There's story behind any scar.

"Thanks everyone for the comments. I might one day show how proud I am of these scars. "

You're body is your temple. Be proud of it and accept it as it is. That's step forward to happiness

"I’ve met a few guys with facial scars, my wee bro was born with problems and has scars across his chest from lifesaving operations, two of my cousins have been the victim of assaults that have left them with facial scars the youngest was 16 when he was attacked with his gf took him years to recover and get out and about, people presume he’s a trouble maker on nights out, a former BFF was struck by a car and had facial scars again people assume she’s a trouble maker on nights out, my ex had a full on facial birth mark taking up most of his face, when my son was born he was born with a few birthmarks and I was scared my daughter would be born with them but she didn’t have any, she did however split her forehead as a child and now has one across her forehead I’ve had three c sections ! So many scars on people close to me and so many different reasons for them and all of them amazing and beautiful people 3 so for me I often don’t even notice folks scars or birth marks anymore and I’m pretty sure there’s millions of people out there feel exactly the same ! Some

People are covered in scars you can’t even see ! At least the visible ones show the healing process "

Brilliant attitude

"Thanks everyone for the comments. I might one day show how proud I am of these scars.

You're body is your temple. Be proud of it and accept it as it is. That's step forward to happiness "

Don't fret, we all have them. They're just reminders of the chapters of our lives. Either you click with someone or not, scars shouldn't even be a consideration.

By *ye rolls matter!!Man  over a year ago

Glasgow area

Absolutely would. I'm definitely a personality lover. Some folk are shallow enough to make things like scars etc matter.

By *UN-ALMan  over a year ago

Near Fenwick

A few years ago met up with a really old gf.... I have been overseas working for 25 years .... so we got chatting a d she decided to have dinner....nice meal chat and ended up in my hotel.... she wanted the lights out as she said her body was no longer perfect.... I said ok...we cuddled and in the morning bright sunshine room very warm I noticed her scars...she seen me looking rushed to the bathroom.... I asked her what was up she was crying her eyes out saying if I knew she was all scarred I would not want her..... hell I wanted her for her mind her kindness her smiles ....scars effect people in so many ways but do not define who that person his....

By *awaiianguyMan  over a year ago

East Ayrshire

I have no problem with scars (almost typed scats ), and have enjoyed this thread. It's been a bit like that scene in Jaws

By *anon6dMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Bet you there ain't no one on fab that does not have a scar. Proof me wrong.

Yes as long as it is not the Mark of a penis slap

Scars are a thing of beauty and nothing to hide give me natural marks and stretch marks over photoshops models any day

"If their scars are an issue for you and your even asking yourself the question then they arnt for you and would be unfair to meet.. If you can see and like the person behind the scars then they are worth meeting... "

I agree with that

I have the mark of Cain. Can I still be beautiful?

By *TBSMan  over a year ago

close enough

I have facial and body scars from an 'accident' in Iraq I carry them with pride and in 10 years on here no one has been derogatory.

I have no problem with scars and thing like that.

By *ouplefor funCouple  over a year ago

near kilmarnock

I am waiting for scan results to determine where my foot is going to heal from amputation of some infected bone so i read this thread with interest . Options at moment are wee toe and part of that side / edge of foot or leg below the knee xxx i consider both options a bit life changing xxx

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

We get hurt, we heal.

The healing takes time and can leave a mark.

It just means we have lived.

Scares are sexy especially when there's a story behind them, I have a few and everytime I look at them some make me smile as I remember doing something stupid I did to get them

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I have major scars, 2 both pretty videos and long. Loads of stretch marks too! I used to tell people prior to meeting about them but gradually as my confidence grew I no longer felt the need to tell and explain.

Any scars are part of that person and should make no diffrence accept people for who you are

Use to meet a women who had lots of scars due to an almost fatal accident one of the most inspiring people I had the pleasure to know and a beatiful person in everyway.She now lives in Australia with her family and miss her as firstly a friend then as a playmate

"Scares are sexy especially when there's a story behind them, I have a few and everytime I look at them some make me smile as I remember doing something stupid I did to get them "

I don't think someone who has scars as a result of being attacked would feel the same way about them

I've scars in double digits from various accidents and scrapes over the years. A life lived is what Ialways thought of them!

Don't mind them but I've a burn mark I cover with makeup which I'm horribly self conscious about. I'm a confident person but people really do judge, I'm talking generally, and it's sad. Personally I find scars attractive/interesting and not off putting.

» Add a new message to this topic