FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Photography

Photography

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just been gifted a very nice Dslr camara and was wondering if anyone new of any photography classes or group around North Ayrshire or Glasgow for a noob

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Kilmarnock have a club has an annual membership fee but worth a wee nosey google is your friend . Check your local library if its still open too .

"Kilmarnock have a club has an annual membership fee but worth a wee nosey google is your friend . Check your local library if its still open too ."

Never thought of the library. Google has lots off stuff but not sure where to start

By *homCrownMan  over a year ago

West Fife

The basics are the relationship between ISO, shutter speed and aperture. Find out about depth-of-field and when you would use it.

Photo composition is important particularly the rule of thirds. Learning what elements make a good photo is often more important than the technical stuff. An award winning photo can be taken with the camera set to program mode if you capture an image that tells a story.

Hope that helps a bit.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Some

Great camera groups

On fb but best way to go is get a notepad and play about with settings and take pics using the different settings marking them down on notepad that’s how I learned and even easier now with a digital camera my first SLR was a 35mm so had to wait till I got the images developed before o knew how they looked

"The basics are the relationship between ISO, shutter speed and aperture. Find out about depth-of-field and when you would use it.

Photo composition is important particularly the rule of thirds. Learning what elements make a good photo is often more important than the technical stuff. An award winning photo can be taken with the camera set to program mode if you capture an image that tells a story.

Hope that helps a bit."

Thank you

"Some

Great camera groups

On fb but best way to go is get a notepad and play about with settings and take pics using the different settings marking them down on notepad that’s how I learned and even easier now with a digital camera my first SLR was a 35mm so had to wait till I got the images developed before o knew how they looked "

Yeah been doing that I walked around Largs on Sunday and took a few hundred pics with different settings and lenses on x

» Add a new message to this topic