FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Serious question

Serious question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Now this is open to any sex and age but has anyone got any idea why my Hotpoint W440G washer/ dryer keeps overheating in the drying programme .

I have googled it but no joy , bought new heater sensor and still the fooker over heats any advice would be more than welcome before I have to go fork out heaps a dosh on a washing machine fixer

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Washer dryers are shite. You’d be better with separate washing machine and a tumble dryer....not that that helps you now!

Good luck!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you made sure it’s clear of debris as in all the filters and pipe work ? Failing that I hope you’ve got some form or cover for it, sometimes you can take out an aftercare package when it’s got a fault outwith warranty

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Check the sumps

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

Depends how old it is, its sometimes just as easy buying new if outside warranty. Most mc parts are designed to fail after so long so if its an older mc then expect lots more repair bills. Unless you have extended warranties which im assuming you dont since your trying to fix it yourself,you can pay an engineer around x amount for call out and parts probably, the maths dont add up to me.

All traps are clear only has 1,washing side off machine works fine so not the Element in that part off the system , and logically I would think heat sensor would kick in if overheating and fan would come on but that's not happening or maybe it's not communicating with fan , any electrical males / females give me pointers on how to multimeter a battery pack for motor to drive fan , cheers all

You tried turning it on and off again (sorry I work in It )

Have you checked to see if it's on any of the recall lists.

If it's an overheating problem it could be the element isn't switching off when it's reached the desired temperature. Could be the temperature sensor.

I would recommend checking to see if it's on a recall list and if it's not get a professional to look at it. With all the fires being caused by these things I wouldn't take the chance.

By *akeachancepleasureMan  over a year ago

east lothian

Heating thermostat could be faulty or or it could be a blockage in the internal duck causing it to overheat

By *akeachancepleasureMan  over a year ago

east lothian

Or the airflow could be blocked aswell so will cause overheating constant

Just don't do what I did and phone up the Hotpoint helpline in a fucking rage cause it's 3rd fucking washing machine you've had in 4 yrs.....and then realise it's a Hoover you've got.

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

"Just don't do what I did and phone up the Hotpoint helpline in a fucking rage cause it's 3rd fucking washing machine you've had in 4 yrs.....and then realise it's a Hoover you've got."

Lmfao. You really are a numpty aint ya, i always thought it was an act for the forums but you really are thicker than a pun o mince aint ya.

"Just don't do what I did and phone up the Hotpoint helpline in a fucking rage cause it's 3rd fucking washing machine you've had in 4 yrs.....and then realise it's a Hoover you've got.

Lmfao. You really are a numpty aint ya, i always thought it was an act for the forums but you really are thicker than a pun o mince aint ya. "

Like shite on a stick....

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Now this is open to any sex and age but has anyone got any idea why my Hotpoint W440G washer/ dryer keeps overheating in the drying programme .

I have googled it but no joy , bought new heater sensor and still the fooker over heats any advice would be more than welcome before I have to go fork out heaps a dosh on a washing machine fixer "

Does the fan turn when on drying cycle ?

By *asterslittlewhoreCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Just don't do what I did and phone up the Hotpoint helpline in a fucking rage cause it's 3rd fucking washing machine you've had in 4 yrs.....and then realise it's a Hoover you've got."

Shit! Thats something i would do lol

By *ortland51Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Hahaha! Belter!

By *MCFUN5Couple  over a year ago

GLASGOW

Sorted? X

A big shout out to a lovely cpl who will remain nameless , they had a word with a person and they where spot on.

Plus I never knew this machine has a filter under the Element housing which had some wet fluff which in turn wasn't allowing enough air into the machine , now that is cleared my machine is working a treat .

As I said to the vol you can find an answer on here to a washer / dryer question but I canny find a woman or a cpl lol

"A big shout out to a lovely cpl who will remain nameless , they had a word with a person and they where spot on.

Plus I never knew this machine has a filter under the Element housing which had some wet fluff which in turn wasn't allowing enough air into the machine , now that is cleared my machine is working a treat .

As I said to the vol you can find an answer on here to a washer / dryer question but I canny find a woman or a cpl lol "

Well you can offer to wash their dirty drawers now and take it from there

"A big shout out to a lovely cpl who will remain nameless , they had a word with a person and they where spot on.

As I said to the vol you can find an answer on here to a washer / dryer question but I canny find a woman or a cpl lol

Well you can offer to wash their dirty drawers now and take it from there "

well the chance would be a fine think as I think the wifes be well nicer than the hubby's even tho I gather he is a trendy knicker man .

Cheers to all who gave advice

I did something similar called up about the refuse collection and I was flipping like flipper with a doze off the horn until I found out once the girl got a chance to speak that I had called Aberdeenshire Council , give her credit she asked if I wanted the Aberdeen councils number , do now I ask you I am chatting to before I go on one , think it's the Auld age kicking in

[Removed by poster at 29/04/19 22:16:41]

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

You’re doing your washing in the Hoover, no wonder they keep breaking ffs

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Creased.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Just don't do what I did and phone up the Hotpoint helpline in a fucking rage cause it's 3rd fucking washing machine you've had in 4 yrs.....and then realise it's a Hoover you've got.

You’re doing your washing in the Hoover, no wonder they keep breaking ffs "

Fuck me I just spat my tea oot. A Costa on the other hand...

» Add a new message to this topic