FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Half marathon

Half marathon

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exy gent OP   Man  over a year ago

Midlothian

Who is going on Sunday? What colour band are you in and hows the training coming along?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tsallthesame77Woman  over a year ago

edinburgh

Me kind of dreading it but excited at same time, I’m silver I think.

Training went okay been on taper for a bit longer than I’d planned due to a slight niggle finding eating lots of carbs hard

Midlothian

"Me kind of dreading it but excited at same time, I’m silver I think.

Training went okay been on taper for a bit longer than I’d planned due to a slight niggle finding eating lots of carbs hard "

I'm in the black band, had a few niggling injuries along the way but back a couple of weeks now, diet isn't brilliant but fingers crossed lol

By *uilty_pleasuresCouple  over a year ago

Dundee

Hubby is running not sure his colour he is doing great, tapering off now with training....kids n me sick of pasta...lol

edinburgh

"Hubby is running not sure his colour he is doing great, tapering off now with training....kids n me sick of pasta...lol"

I know that feeling I’m sick of pasta too having a day off and eating rubbish today then got all my meals planned till Sunday morning

Midlothian

Had a hard 45 minute bootcamp yesterday and then an Indian last night, but that's it for me, not touch any alcohol in over a week and will be drinking loads of fluids

By *licker77Man  over a year ago

Stirling

Doing my first full marathon on Sunday.

You’ll all smash it

Midlothian

"Doing my first full marathon on Sunday.

You’ll all smash it"

Best of luck mate

edinburgh

You’ll all smash it"

Good luck

Dundee

Best of luck to everyone....hubby is in pink...

May you all chase your own dreams and whip their arses

By *ithardscotMan  over a year ago

Kelty

"Who is going on Sunday? What colour band are you in and hows the training coming along? "

If you ever see me running you should probably be running too

edinburgh

Weather is looking grim for Sunday going to have to go get some kind of waterproof running top today

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Good luck to all running on Sunday

Dundee

"Weather is looking grim for Sunday going to have to go get some kind of waterproof running top today "

I know looks a bit naff... just bought a cheap poncho for him and re waterproofed my waterproofs...lol

Good luck on Sunday

By *ortland51Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Good luck to all taking part.

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Weather is looking grim for Sunday going to have to go get some kind of waterproof running top today "

I ran a 10k in March....it was sleet, rain and snow in one bloody day. Forgot my gloves and I could not feel my thumbs halfway through the run.......

Good luck to all.....next race for me is on fathers day.

edinburgh

"Weather is looking grim for Sunday going to have to go get some kind of waterproof running top today

I know looks a bit naff... just bought a cheap poncho for him and re waterproofed my waterproofs...lol

Good luck on Sunday "

I think a cheap poncho is what I’ll get too

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

"Weather is looking grim for Sunday going to have to go get some kind of waterproof running top today

Good luck on Sunday

I think a cheap poncho is what I’ll get too "

A bit of light rain is a god send, great for cooling, I had the misfortune to run my first edi marathon in 29 degrees, not sure which was worse, the sun burn or the blisters

Good luck, it’ll be a great event whatever the weather, you’ll all smash it

Midlothian

Just about broke my ankle on Monday night doing my last run, typical.

Loads of ice packs and rest for plus a strapping will hopefully get me round, was hoping to break 2hours but just finishing will be a major achievement I think

edinburgh

Good luck on Sunday

A bit of light rain is a god send, great for cooling, I had the misfortune to run my first edi marathon in 29 degrees, not sure which was worse, the sun burn or the blisters

Good luck, it’ll be a great event whatever the weather, you’ll all smash it "

Light rain???? Have you seen the forecast I may land up swimming most of it

stirling

Good luck on Sunday

Good luck, it’ll be a great event whatever the weather, you’ll all smash it

Light rain???? Have you seen the forecast I may land up swimming most of it "

I haven’t, but it could be your first triathlon, get there on your bike, run a bit and swim to the finish line

Dundee

"Just about broke my ankle on Monday night doing my last run, typical.

Loads of ice packs and rest for plus a strapping will hopefully get me round, was hoping to break 2hours but just finishing will be a major achievement I think "

Oh no ....fingers crossed for you.

Stirling

You’ll all smash it

Best of luck mate "

All the best to you also. Enjoy

Stirling

You’ll all smash it

Good luck "

Wishing you a fabulous day tomorrow, enjoy it

edinburgh

How did everyone do? I struggled from mile 10 with something going twang in my hip but I finished first half in just under 3hrs so really pleased especially in those conditions

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"How did everyone do? I struggled from mile 10 with something going twang in my hip but I finished first half in just under 3hrs so really pleased especially in those conditions "

Well done to you. Hot bath and a drink tonight no doubt.

stirling

"How did everyone do? I struggled from mile 10 with something going twang in my hip but I finished first half in just under 3hrs so really pleased especially in those conditions "

Congratulations, crossing the finish line is a great achievement, you’ll be back running in no time

edinburgh

"How did everyone do? I struggled from mile 10 with something going twang in my hip but I finished first half in just under 3hrs so really pleased especially in those conditions

Well done to you. Hot bath and a drink tonight no doubt."

No drink broke out the industrial strength painkillers Nando’s getting delivered in 5 mins and Thor Ragnarok on the tv

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well done everyone who ran . To all who ran for a charity or cause, thank you

Well done to the fellow runners on here!

Heavy legs at mile 12 for me but pushed on and even managed a sprint finish on the final stretch, and a half marathon PB too, more than happy with that!

edinburgh

"Well done to the fellow runners on here!

Heavy legs at mile 12 for me but pushed on and even managed a sprint finish on the final stretch, and a half marathon PB too, more than happy with that! "

Was when you pass the finish to head out to the coast road that turn seems to never come I could have cried walked the bit back to the round about and managed to run a bit more then put the foot down, was in a world of pain but was determined I wasn’t walking the finish

The turn seemed to take forever to come! It was a little bit after that, had about a 10 second walk to stretch them out and powered on. Got my sights on the full 26.2 next year, it seems like a good idea at the moment, I'm sure that will change

edinburgh

"The turn seemed to take forever to come! It was a little bit after that, had about a 10 second walk to stretch them out and powered on. Got my sights on the full 26.2 next year, it seems like a good idea at the moment, I'm sure that will change "

I’ve signed up for another 3 half’s before end sept and at moment I dunno if I can face them sure after a sports massage tomorrow I’ll be grand though lol

stirling

"The turn seemed to take forever to come! It was a little bit after that, had about a 10 second walk to stretch them out and powered on. Got my sights on the full 26.2 next year, it seems like a good idea at the moment, I'm sure that will change

I’ve signed up for another 3 half’s before end sept and at moment I dunno if I can face them sure after a sports massage tomorrow I’ll be grand though lol "

Keep running and you’ll be fine, it’s amazing how quickly you lose your running legs when you stop training

stirling

Tough mudder in 3 weeks if anyone wants a different type of 10 mile run

edinburgh

"The turn seemed to take forever to come! It was a little bit after that, had about a 10 second walk to stretch them out and powered on. Got my sights on the full 26.2 next year, it seems like a good idea at the moment, I'm sure that will change

I’ve signed up for another 3 half’s before end sept and at moment I dunno if I can face them sure after a sports massage tomorrow I’ll be grand though lol

Keep running and you’ll be fine, it’s amazing how quickly you lose your running legs when you stop training "

Yeah I’m not gonna stop I’ve managed to do lots of stretches tonight so hip feeling mush better will be even better after I get battered at a sports massage tomorrow lol

stirling

Keep running and you’ll be fine, it’s amazing how quickly you lose your running legs when you stop training

Yeah I’m not gonna stop I’ve managed to do lots of stretches tonight so hip feeling mush better will be even better after I get battered at a sports massage tomorrow lol "

Sports massage, I feel your pain already, I had no idea my legs stretched as much as they did last one I had lol

edinburgh

Yeah I’m not gonna stop I’ve managed to do lots of stretches tonight so hip feeling mush better will be even better after I get battered at a sports massage tomorrow lol

Sports massage, I feel your pain already, I had no idea my legs stretched as much as they did last one I had lol"

It’s worth the pain though

Midlothian

Finished the half in 2hrs 10mins, shoulders are sore as are my hips, but sure will clear up.in a day or 2, might do the half in September and maybe full next year.

Well done everyone

Lanarkshire

Well done everyone

edinburgh

"Finished the half in 2hrs 10mins, shoulders are sore as are my hips, but sure will clear up.in a day or 2, might do the half in September and maybe full next year.

Well done everyone "

That’s amazing well done.

I never wanted to run again about an hour after i finished but all those stretches last night did trick not feeling so bad this am off to physio shortly and then on to Dundee half dram in 5 weeks

Midlothian

Outstanding live your vigour, will definitely do another until I break the 2hrs.

How did you find the whole experience and who did your sports massage? X

Well done. Don't forget to have a recovery run sooner rather than later.

edinburgh

"Outstanding live your vigour, will definitely do another until I break the 2hrs.

How did you find the whole experience and who did your sports massage? X"

Was good I’ve been lucky in training that it never rained so was a bit worried when seen forecast but rain was fine the wind however was something else especially at the turn to come back and across holyrood.

Got stuck at princes st gardens that bit wasn’t wide enough but all in all good.

I went to bodyworks for all my pre & post sports massages

edinburgh

"Well done. Don't forget to have a recovery run sooner rather than later. "

Haha yeah still got a bit of a tight hamstring hoping to ease it off swimming tomorrow then Saturday or Sunday get ma big girl pants on and brave a wee jog

Dundee

Well done folks

I really enjoyed the half despite the the weather and already signed up for my next half in 4 weeks time.

Going for recover run

edinburgh

"Well done folks

I really enjoyed the half despite the the weather and already signed up for my next half in 4 weeks time.

Going for recover run "

Well done this is normally short run night for me needless to say I’m restless but will defo go a swim tomorrow night

2 hrs 15 time but the weather was not great of course . Managed to go out for a 4 mile today though but legs a bit sore still.

Well done to everyone

Stirling

That’s fantastic and as others said - the joy of completing is awesome;) well done

Stirling

Well done all it was an interesting day with weather changing.

First full marathon done & the wind on last 8 miles was tough.

Midlothian

I'm thinking of doing another half in September, train properly for it and trainig and time permitted the full next year

edinburgh

"I'm thinking of doing another half in September, train properly for it and trainig and time permitted the full next year "

I’m doing Dundee in July, Perth in August and Glasgow in sept

And then will see how I feel but maybe a full next year. Although I feel Edinburgh is now my nemesis so may do the half again

Dundee

Oh Wow the running bug has trully got you..

To be honest after the Edinburgh half, I could not wait to get home and sign up to my next challenge. Dundee half in 4 weeks time and training has officaly started

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Friend of mine came over from Greece to run his 27th marathon in aid of Macmillan Cancer. He studied at Stirling Uni and considers Scotland his 2nd home.

We took him to the Cup final on the Saturday, he didn't know we had got him a ticket.

He set up a just giving page,and has smashed his "target" by nearly 250%

edinburgh

"Oh Wow the running bug has trully got you..

To be honest after the Edinburgh half, I could not wait to get home and sign up to my next challenge. Dundee half in 4 weeks time and training has officaly started

"

I’m not looking forward to the start of Dundee as it’s quite hilly but after a few miles it’s pretty much a gentle downhill

Ps it’s 5 weeks lol

Midlothian

"I'm thinking of doing another half in September, train properly for it and trainig and time permitted the full next year

And then will see how I feel but maybe a full next year. Although I feel Edinburgh is now my nemesis so may do the half again "

Absolutely brilliant, you'll do a marathon next year no problem with all this training and halfs, I really like the Edinburgh marathon festival, let me know how you find the runs and how you do, the best of luck although I've a feeling you don't need it

Midlothian

"Oh Wow the running bug has trully got you..

"

Fantastic, I wish I had more free time as I would love to do a half more often then a full, best of luck

edinburgh

"I'm thinking of doing another half in September, train properly for it and trainig and time permitted the full next year

And then will see how I feel but maybe a full next year. Although I feel Edinburgh is now my nemesis so may do the half again

Absolutely brilliant, you'll do a marathon next year no problem with all this training and halfs, I really like the Edinburgh marathon festival, let me know how you find the runs and how you do, the best of luck although I've a feeling you don't need it "

I dunno about a full maybe just one to say I’ve done it but Sunday mentally I struggled when that turn seemed to take forever to come but guess as I get fitter it’ll be easier

Lanarkshire

Absolutely brilliant, you'll do a marathon next year no problem with all this training and halfs, I really like the Edinburgh marathon festival, let me know how you find the runs and how you do, the best of luck although I've a feeling you don't need it

I dunno about a full maybe just one to say I’ve done it but Sunday mentally I struggled when that turn seemed to take forever to come but guess as I get fitter it’ll be easier "

Have you recovered physically now? x

edinburgh

I dunno about a full maybe just one to say I’ve done it but Sunday mentally I struggled when that turn seemed to take forever to come but guess as I get fitter it’ll be easier

Have you recovered physically now? x"

My hammy is a bit tight still but keeping going with the foam roller and stretches, it’s defo better than it was. Got the itch to go a wee run, gonna go a swim tonight then try a run Sunday

Lanarkshire

My hammy is a bit tight still but keeping going with the foam roller and stretches, it’s defo better than it was. Got the itch to go a wee run, gonna go a swim tonight then try a run Sunday "

not being a runner you don't realise the impact it has on runners doing marathons and halfs.

edinburgh

My hammy is a bit tight still but keeping going with the foam roller and stretches, it’s defo better than it was. Got the itch to go a wee run, gonna go a swim tonight then try a run Sunday

not being a runner you don't realise the impact it has on runners doing marathons and halfs."

Absolutely that’s why I’ve been going to regular physio and chiropractic appointments

Dundee

Some more running this evening, clocked the 200km for the Month of May on Strava, followed by some yoga and hot tub. Ready for bed.

Mr

Midlothian

I dunno about a full maybe just one to say I’ve done it but Sunday mentally I struggled when that turn seemed to take forever to come but guess as I get fitter it’ll be easier "

I done the half at musselburgh 2 years ago and fully appreciate the mental torture not knowing when the turn would come , far easier 2nd time round believe me

Midlothian

Had a week off, back on it from Monday

edinburgh

I done the half at musselburgh 2 years ago and fully appreciate the mental torture not knowing when the turn would come , far easier 2nd time round believe me "

That’s what I’m hoping lol and that it’s not as windy

Midlothian

I'm going to do the east Lothian half in September

edinburgh

"I'm going to do the east Lothian half in September "

It was a toss up between that and Glasgow for me but I have something on the weekend of the Scottish half so Glasgow it is

I'm going to be looking into a half marathon later on in the year but got some 10ks coming up and a 5k in Sunderland

If I can get motivated I might try a marathon next year

Midlothian

"I'm going to do the east Lothian half in September

It was a toss up between that and Glasgow for me but I have something on the weekend of the Scottish half so Glasgow it is "

If you ever fancy a running buddy give me a shout x

edinburgh

It was a toss up between that and Glasgow for me but I have something on the weekend of the Scottish half so Glasgow it is

If you ever fancy a running buddy give me a shout x"

The one thing that I like about running is freedom, don’t have to talk to anyone I love the solitude sorry

Midlothian

The one thing that I like about running is freedom, don’t have to talk to anyone I love the solitude sorry "

Do you fancy a social meet ?

Dundee

The one thing that I like about running is freedom, don’t have to talk to anyone I love the solitude sorry "

I agree ..that is great time to clear the mind and just focus on the road ahead with out any distractions..Good luck with the upcomming halfs

Stirling

I agree - it’s a great way to clear the mind.

Went short run yesterday but need foam roller still from marathon. Got a 1/2 & some 10k booked

The one thing that I like about running is freedom, don’t have to talk to anyone I love the solitude sorry

I agree ..that is great time to clear the mind and just focus on the road ahead with out any distractions..Good luck with the upcomming halfs "

edinburgh

I agree ..that is great time to clear the mind and just focus on the road ahead with out any distractions..Good luck with the upcomming halfs "

Thanks it’s only time I get peace and to listen to my music lol

By *kyeguyMan  over a year ago

portree

anyone doing the skye half marathon this sat

edinburgh

How’s everyone’s running going?

I’ve not managed much since Edinburgh, injury then a bad bout of tonsillitis and lots of on calls at work means I’ve done little training and I’ve got my next half in 2 weeks still 50/50 if I’ll even attempt it

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not good...I've lost the motivation to run...but really need to get back into it.

Got a 10k in Sept and I want to run it in under 50 mins. Will attempt the half marathon next year

Midlothian

"How’s everyone’s running going?

I’ve not managed much since Edinburgh, injury then a bad bout of tonsillitis and lots of on calls at work means I’ve done little training and I’ve got my next half in 2 weeks still 50/50 if I’ll even attempt it "

If you're not going to injure yourself doing it, just use it as part of your training for September x

» Add a new message to this topic