FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Stood up last night

Stood up last night

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Good morning fabbers.

I was looking to my first social via Fab last night after a few messages back & forth on here in the early evening followed by a vid call on Kik an hour before meeting.

After getting ready and walking into town (in the rain), the couple were not in the bar they said they were going to be in only 15 mins prior and then have ghosted me on Fab and Kik since!

I would maybe expect this from a couple with no verifications, but they have multiple. Shame, as the woman was quite delightful. Has anyone experienced the same from a verified user?

Not a great first experience. I'll give Fab one more try...

P.S. Any women/couple available for a social this afternoon/evening? Sorry, had to get it in

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *pples123456Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

I've been up here a number of months, and had more then one not turn up, sometime it's the thrill of meeting acting out fantasies, then not following through with the meet. It happens all over the country but going to socials /clubs proves your genuine to a lot of couples. Don't take to heart it's hard for a single guy to get started into the world of swing

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sorry to here that.

Shitty thing to do.

Chin up and move forward.

By *irigramCouple  over a year ago

glenrothes

It’s happened to us many times pisses is right off

It's not just me then. At least have the decency to say you changed your mind or found an alternative..

Didn't even get a veri out of it for the vid call, and I know how many people only meet if a profile has that all important green tick.

Did you see both on your video chat?

"Did you see both on your video chat?

"

Yes, they were in their apartment ready to go out. Spoke for a good 15 mins and were into the same things etc.

Ah pretty shitty thing to do then.

If they didn't want to take it further they should have txt rather than letting you go wait for them.

You can report the profile but nothing really gets done by doing so.

Rack it up to experience and move on.

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

I was chatting with a guy for a possible meet over here in Cyprus and without any arrangements

or getting to know us he started telling me how MSD would get his 'load' if we all met up , ehhh naw aint gonna happen mate ever, was the reply. Not saying this is the case in whats happened in your experience last night but it takes the slightest wrong word or any little thing to make people change their mind and because of it they wont even give an explanation. If they are well verified as you said then they dont sound like random timewasters to me. Nor does it sound like cold feet.

That's a pretty crap thing to do, especially as you saw them both in the video. It's their loss so put it down to experience and move on. All the best OP x

Blantyre

"I was chatting with a guy for a possible meet over here in Cyprus and without any arrangements

or getting to know us he started telling me how MSD would get his 'load' if we all met up , ehhh naw aint gonna happen mate ever, was the reply. Not saying this is the case in whats happened in your experience last night but it takes the slightest wrong word or any little thing to make people change their mind and because of it they wont even give an explanation. If they are well verified as you said then they dont sound like random timewasters to me. Nor does it sound like cold feet. "

Ps , on a side note , im am 100% straight and i dont mean Fab straight

Thoroughbred straight, just read my last post back and there eas maybe the possibility of misinterpretation.

"I was chatting with a guy for a possible meet over here in Cyprus and without any arrangements

or getting to know us he started telling me how MSD would get his 'load' if we all met up , ehhh naw aint gonna happen mate ever, was the reply. Not saying this is the case in whats happened in your experience last night but it takes the slightest wrong word or any little thing to make people change their mind and because of it they wont even give an explanation. If they are well verified as you said then they dont sound like random timewasters to me. Nor does it sound like cold feet. "

It was basically a case of them saying, we're in 'Soul' in the chat (they also had posted a status update saying they were there), then I replied see you shortly. They've read my messages and since posted further statuses on here so I'm putting it down to them thinking it's okay to mess someone about, probably because I'm a newbie.

That's a crap thing to do. Wish we could name and shame!

"That's a crap thing to do. Wish we could name and shame! "

This x

Blantyre

"That's a crap thing to do. Wish we could name and shame!

This x"

Well it wasnt us , we're showing 2300 miles + away. Thats narrowed it down a little .

but even if it was sometji g he said..they should have at least have the manners to say they changed their minds and not leave the poor fella standing looking like a dick.

This xWell it wasnt us , we're showing 2300 miles + away. Thats narrowed it down a little . "

Just a tad x

This xWell it wasnt us , we're showing 2300 miles + away. Thats narrowed it down a little .

Just a tad x"

Might have to travel that far to get a meet from here. =)

Must have been a full moon last night and affected their brain cells. I enjoyed the walked in the rain, that made up for it

Happened a couple of times to me.. Doesn't take thirty seconds to send a wee message saying, "sorry. Somethings come up and we can't make it.. Or we aren't interested.."... Just chalk it up to experience op.. All you can do.

Blantyre

or getting to know us he started telling me how MSD would get his 'load' if we all met up , ehhh naw aint gonna happen mate ever, was the reply. Not saying this is the case in whats happened in your experience last night but it takes the slightest wrong word or any little thing to make people change their mind and because of it they wont even give an explanation. If they are well verified as you said then they dont sound like random timewasters to me. Nor does it sound like cold feet. but even if it was sometji g he said..they should have at least have the manners to say they changed their minds and not leave the poor fella standing looking like a dick."

No , i agree oldie. It is definitely a shitty thing to do, you know me though, i always try and see things from different angles and we do only have one side here . If it happened the way as described then totally out of order as you said , very easy to drop him a message and say you had changed your mind.

Wouldn't worry about it to much OP. You look like an attractive guy so as long as you don't come across as a diddy when talking one on one with folk then I'm sure you won't be waiting long.

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Sorry to hear that OP. As others have said it's a crap thing to do. Manners cost nothing, & it would have taken seconds to tell you it was all off. Just need to put it down to experience, & ditto to what Mrs Doggy has said.

R

By *reenEyesScotlandWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

That's very annoying for you, especially so after the video call! You would think that would have made it more likely to go ahead. Weird they've kept reading your messages and not replying. We're not all like that, just keep trying to arrange something and you'll get there in the end. I feel for you though! x

Doggy, missnaughty, greeneyes thank you for your responses. Think I need to get myself to Scotland

"Doggy, missnaughty, greeneyes thank you for your responses. Think I need to get myself to Scotland "

Glasgow, not Scotland!

Glasgow

"Doggy, missnaughty, greeneyes thank you for your responses. Think I need to get myself to Scotland

Glasgow, not Scotland!"

I was about to query that!

R

By *pples123456Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

I've just had one now.. Said outside in a blue car mmmm, so replied don't think so as no cars outside as the road been closed for the race for life so where are you.. Read and they blocked me lol

"Doggy, missnaughty, greeneyes thank you for your responses. Think I need to get myself to Scotland

Glasgow, not Scotland!"

Ok Ok he's a diddy

Glasgow, not Scotland!Ok Ok he's a diddy

"

Cheeky I've only been in Scotland for a few months so sometimes forget I'm living here

Glasgow

Cheeky I've only been in Scotland for a few months so sometimes forget I'm living here "

Unfortunately if you made that mistake last night, it doesn't take much to put people off. Still doesn't make an excuse for a no show without letting you know though.

R

I experienced this too, got ready had been keeping in touch got there and they were a no show. No explanation nothing.

Brush it off some people get cold feet and cant just simply say so.

Cheeky I've only been in Scotland for a few months so sometimes forget I'm living here "

did the weather not remind you?

Cheeky I've only been in Scotland for a few months so sometimes forget I'm living here

Unfortunately if you made that mistake last night, it doesn't take much to put people off. Still doesn't make an excuse for a no show without letting you know though.

R "

No grammatical mistakes were made last night It's all on them.

Cheeky I've only been in Scotland for a few months so sometimes forget I'm living here did the weather not remind you? "

I need the sound of bagpipes to be ringing throughout the city, on top of the weather, to keep me reminded.

Try moving to Edinburgh

It happens up here on occasions do best to put it down to experience and block them and move on . There are other genuine people up here but it seems there not up for meeting as much these days .

"Try moving to Edinburgh "

Think I'm going to have to make fleeting visits to Glasgow and Edinburgh. Aberdeen's a great night out though you know...

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Fife

"Try moving to Edinburgh "

Excellent idea

Some people get off on the fantasy chat and build up. If I get this on messages I am pretty certain its a time waster and don't arrange.

"Some people get off on the fantasy chat and build up. If I get this on messages I am pretty certain its a time waster and don't arrange. "

[Removed by poster at 19/05/19 13:41:18]

Aberdeen's a great night out though you know... .

Wait until you've been hear 5yrs

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

"It's not just me then. At least have the decency to say you changed your mind or found an alternative..

Didn't even get a veri out of it for the vid call, and I know how many people only meet if a profile has that all important green tick."

Had video calls and never gotten a veri either.

By *ortland51Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Aberdeen's a great night out though you know... .

Wait until you've been hear 5yrs "

Aberdeen is a cracking night out. Loads of variety and options.

By *toptheclocksMan  over a year ago

Stirling

Definitely happens , it’s happened a couple times to myself

Wait until you've been hear 5yrs "

It was my jokey attempt to get the women who have commented on this thread to spend a night or two in Aberdeen...

As I always say verifications mean nothing. People take too much store by them

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

Happened a few times now. Chat seems to be going good, a little flirtatious. Arranged social and left feeling like a spare pr&k, veris too.

Not nice getting your hopes up to be then let down.

Yeah unfortunately happens to everyone on here, males, fems and cpls. My last planned social was pretty much the same, left sitting in Costa for a while, the lady read my messages asking if all ok but never replied since but on all the time. Just shake it off and move on

This xWell it wasnt us , we're showing 2300 miles + away. Thats narrowed it down a little .

Just a tad x

Might have to travel that far to get a meet from here. =)

Must have been a full moon last night and affected their brain cells. I enjoyed the walked in the rain, that made up for it "

Rain would have cooled off your horn a wee bit anyway, lol

Wait until you've been hear 5yrs

Aberdeen is a cracking night out. Loads of variety and options. "

guessing your not back up here often

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Lost count of the number of no shows I've had. Seems to come with fab unfortunately. Not an ego boost at all and have been tempted to quit fab a few times because of these arseholes and time wasters.

On the up side, I've met some amazing, genuine and fun people, some of then I've even come to see as friends. And they do make all of this worthwhile x

"Lost count of the number of no shows I've had. Seems to come with fab unfortunately. Not an ego boost at all and have been tempted to quit fab a few times because of these arseholes and time wasters.

On the up side, I've met some amazing, genuine and fun people, some of then I've even come to see as friends. And they do make all of this worthwhile x"

Here's hoping whenever meet 2 comes around, they're genuine and we have a great time.

Thanks for all your messages. It just so happens that most of you (sorry fellas) would be the people I would love to meet up with. Maybe our paths will cross someday. Kx

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Shame your not closer you could come to the quiz night and meet a few people.

I hope you get your first meet soon. F x

Glasgow

Looks like a local fab member is trying to organise a social night in your area. You should get your name down.

R

By *erberaWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Sorry to hear this happened to you OP. Sadly it happens all too often on fab, I've had several no shows over the years which is why I don't often meet anyone new nowadays

Don't give up on Aberdeen yet tho, we aren't all bad

By *cottish30Man  over a year ago

aberdeen

Typical of Aberdeen area to be honest, loads of no shows from females and couples

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Typical of Aberdeen area to be honest, loads of no shows from females and couples"

It happens everywhere so Aberdeen is no different from other places.

By *erberaWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Typical of Aberdeen area to be honest, loads of no shows from females and couples"

Plenty no shows from males too so don't just knock females and couples! They are all equally guilty of wasting folks time.

Its what happens all over on a site like this, they enjoy the chase and looking at the naughty pics and chat but when it comes to actually meeting they won't appear

aberdeen

"Typical of Aberdeen area to be honest, loads of no shows from females and couples

Plenty no shows from males too so don't just knock females and couples! They are all equally guilty of wasting folks time.

Its what happens all over on a site like this, they enjoy the chase and looking at the naughty pics and chat but when it comes to actually meeting they won't appear

"

The Aberdeen mentality of thinking everyone knows everyone and scared someone knows you are in a swinging site

By *ortland51Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Typical of Aberdeen area to be honest, loads of no shows from females and couples

The Aberdeen mentality of thinking everyone knows everyone and scared someone knows you are in a swinging site "

Not everyone in Aberdeen has that mentality.

The Aberdeen mentality of thinking everyone knows everyone and scared someone knows you are in a swinging site "

Instead of feeling sorry for myself I put a few feelers out yesterday evening and ended up agreeing on meeting a woman in Stonehaven... and she showed! Haha. Had a great night into the very wee hours.

My question now is, what do you do when both users are unverified but you want to leave a veri?!

Seems one of us needs to meet with a verified user before we van verify each other?

Oh well done you!! Lol

Erm..Think that's right weirdly 2 unverified profiles can't leave veris for each other?

Your screwed again lol

The Aberdeen mentality of thinking everyone knows everyone and scared someone knows you are in a swinging site

Instead of feeling sorry for myself I put a few feelers out yesterday evening and ended up agreeing on meeting a woman in Stonehaven... and she showed! Haha. Had a great night into the very wee hours.

My question now is, what do you do when both users are unverified but you want to leave a veri?!

Seems one of us needs to meet with a verified user before we van verify each other?"

One of you go on cam and ask some one to verify you..

"Oh well done you!! Lol

Erm..Think that's right weirdly 2 unverified profiles can't leave veris for each other?

Your screwed again lol"

Thank you lol. All will be good in the end!

Central Borders

Seems one of us needs to meet with a verified user before we van verify each other?

One of you go on cam and ask some one to verify you.. "

^^^^ this!!

Get yourself in one of the chat rooms. Good to hear your meet was a success x

Seems one of us needs to meet with a verified user before we van verify each other?"

By *anon6dMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"That's a crap thing to do. Wish we could name and shame! "
yup

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Och well, at least you got the excitement of a possible meet. That's more than most guys here get.

It's only a Sin it wasn't from the place you stay ( Aberdeen ) but Stonehaven is a lovely place and pleased to hear you got it sorted .

By *ad ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

It seems to happen a lot. I have never let anyone down when I have arranged to meet but I have had a fair few let downs over the years.

I must say it is in my experience unusual that a couple don't show.

By *nowy and the GruffaloCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

We got stood up by 2 couples who both were meet verified, one had 15 verifications. It really isn’t a guarantee that someone is reliable. They may have met 15 people but messed around 50.

It is difficult getting your first meet, not sure if that’s an Aberdeen thing or if it’s the same everywhere. As someone previously mentioned everyone here is scared of meeting someone they know or people knowing what they are up to.

aberdeen

"We got stood up by 2 couples who both were meet verified, one had 15 verifications. It really isn’t a guarantee that someone is reliable. They may have met 15 people but messed around 50.

It is difficult getting your first meet, not sure if that’s an Aberdeen thing or if it’s the same everywhere. As someone previously mentioned everyone here is scared of meeting someone they know or people knowing what they are up to. "

Yes so it's not just me that finds that most folk in Aberdeen area are scared they know people on here and folk find out they are on a swingers site, discretion is meant to be a rule that's stuck by in swinging so even if you do know someone on here it should be kept quiet and move on with no hassle

By *eachy400Woman  over a year ago

Falkirk

Really wish you could name & shame, it’s so annoying when you’ve invested a lot of time chatting so someone & they’re a no show

Aberdeen does have a small swinging community but they like to keep themselves to themselves and only seem to venture out on occasions .

At one time it used to be a big thing but I guess since there club shout down they find it harder to trust others than the ones they knew from the club hence not many Socials put up , a few meets but that's cpl's wanting cpl's .

"Really wish you could name & shame, it’s so annoying when you’ve invested a lot of time chatting so someone & they’re a no show "

What happens if you name them?...

Fife

"Really wish you could name & shame, it’s so annoying when you’ve invested a lot of time chatting so someone & they’re a no show

What happens if you name them?..."

Naughty step!

You get a forum ban

Fife

"You get a forum ban "

How do you know about those?

Erm...I might have had 1 or 2..5..6

Fife

"Erm...I might have had 1 or 2..5..6 "

Don’t be modest and the rest

Whatever do you mean?

By *eachy400Woman  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Really wish you could name & shame, it’s so annoying when you’ve invested a lot of time chatting so someone & they’re a no show

What happens if you name them?..."

Haven’t actually tried it but your post is removed & you get banned from posting in the forum

Glasgow

What happens if you name them?...

Haven’t actually tried it but your post is removed & you get banned from posting in the forum "

I don't believe it happens if you put it in a status update.

R

Your status update gets removed also.

only been on here just over a month and had a few who chat and say interested then stop chat or had a cple say on thurs we want to meant you,then Friday cant as hes working,like you didn't know

I had a lady that chatted for few weeks and arranged a meet however on day of the meet family member taken to hospital so could not make I explained all this through moby number she gave me but point blankly refused to believe as the lady explained been let down with so many guys I even tried to re arrange but she said no! Was guttered! And a couple that chatted for ages and wanted to meet me then all went quite despite couple still on this I really should message but hate making myself sound desperate as I’m not

"I had a lady that chatted for few weeks and arranged a meet however on day of the meet family member taken to hospital so could not make I explained all this through moby number she gave me but point blankly refused to believe as the lady explained been let down with so many guys I even tried to re arrange but she said no! Was guttered! And a couple that chatted for ages and wanted to meet me then all went quite despite couple still on this I really should message but hate making myself sound desperate as I’m not "

"I had a lady that chatted for few weeks and arranged a meet however on day of the meet family member taken to hospital so could not make I explained all this through moby number she gave me but point blankly refused to believe as the lady explained been let down with so many guys I even tried to re arrange but she said no! Was guttered! And a couple that chatted for ages and wanted to meet me then all went quite despite couple still on this I really should message but hate making myself sound desperate as I’m not "
people are just full of shit honestly you'll find the right one eventually be pat6

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Lost count of the number of no shows I've had. Seems to come with fab unfortunately. Not an ego boost at all and have been tempted to quit fab a few times because of these arseholes and time wasters.

On the up side, I've met some amazing, genuine and fun people, some of then I've even come to see as friends. And they do make all of this worthwhile x

Here's hoping whenever meet 2 comes around, they're genuine and we have a great time.

Thanks for all your messages. It just so happens that most of you (sorry fellas) would be the people I would love to meet up with. Maybe our paths will cross someday. Kx"

Hey OP, I'd really urge you to report them, repeat offenders catch the eye of admin and they can have their profile restricted.

It helps all of us if you report.

Central Borders

I'm a sceptic as well With all the lies and bullshit I've heard I wouldn't believe it even if it was true. I'd never give you abuse for it mind, but odds are pretty slim of another attempt to meet up. Especially if you've missed the shower and shave deadline!! x

» Add a new message to this topic