FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Would you deem vapouring same as smoking?

Would you deem vapouring same as smoking?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi unusual question!noted and can fully understand non smokers do not want smokers on Fab as I recently stopped and the smell of smoke plus kissing a smoker can be a huge turn off.

However a lady I know not in Fab but in public does not date smokers but vapours !

Vapouring as far as I’m concerned was used as a tool to help smokers quit .As far as I’m concerned it’s still smoking then as I know and seen occasionally vapour individual has a cig!so pot boiling the kettle black as they say .purely just my opinion but what do others think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I vape. I smell alot better now than i did when i smoked and feel much healthier.

Thinking of doing it myself bluebell as you said healthier and smell better . Question is on Fab if a non smoker says not meet for smokers which I respect and don’t approach although have chances it in the past would you say smoker on profile?

I like to smoke with coffee and when I’m having a drink only these days

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’d view it as the same. If it’s used to help someone give up smoking then excellent but too often it just replaces it and even seems to have become rather trendy. Also, just waiting on the “Oh dear they’re full of carcinogens, so sorry” health announcement

Good on anyone who's managed to kick the fags but I dislike vaping almost as much.

I totally agree with you all , vapour liquids with all the chemicals certainly cant be good for you and yeh can be a good aid if helping to stop short term and yeh think it has now become a trend thing but should not be .

Better to go cold turkey and good luck to whoever may be trying to stop as not easy one , mind over matter

I consider as an equal put off. Some of the vape liquids leave me feeling quit ill.

Can imagine feeling queasy, can’t believe it’s big business as well and all the different exotic flavours and smells . Sadly appears more to younger generation a wee bit like acholic pop drinks and wonder if the manufacturers did that deliberate

Appeal I’m meant not appear , ...

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple  over a year ago

markinch

Yup.

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman  over a year ago

Renfrewshire

Still smoking without the smell.

I was a smoker until last week when I went on holiday, I never smoke when when my kids are around the past week ive not been able to get one.

Came home yesterday ive still not had one went cold Turkey.

Well done littlemizznaughty hope you keep it up , apart from the cash you save health be better , put the cash away and check in 6 months prob get a wee holiday out of it

"Good on anyone who's managed to kick the fags but I dislike vaping almost as much. "

I view both the same.

By *elsbells2011Couple  over a year ago

fife

With vaping being relatively new I wonder how much healthier it actually is. Not really been around long enough to compare long term effects of the oils being burned off. Guy at my work has never smoked a fag in his life but he likes the taste/smell of his vape so he buys oils with no nicotine and he’s puffing away all day

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Vaping is not "just to stop smoking" there are many vape for enjoyment ive not used nicotine for months and its nothing like amoking to be honest

By *impleSailorMan  over a year ago

on the road again

"Still smoking without the smell.

I was a smoker until last week when I went on holiday, I never smoke when when my kids are around the past week ive not been able to get one.

Came home yesterday ive still not had one went cold Turkey."

Thought Turkey would be quite wa this time of year?

(sorry could not resist)

By *xybumWoman  over a year ago

East Kilbride

"Hi unusual question!noted and can fully understand non smokers do not want smokers on Fab as I recently stopped and the smell of smoke plus kissing a smoker can be a huge turn off.

However a lady I know not in Fab but in public does not date smokers but vapours !

Vapouring as far as I’m concerned was used as a tool to help smokers quit .As far as I’m concerned it’s still smoking then as I know and seen occasionally vapour individual has a cig!so pot boiling the kettle black as they say .purely just my opinion but what do others think?"

Never read so much rubbish in my life! Vaping is nothing like smoking! I quit the fags 4 years ago and never touched once since I started vaping! I now vape because I want to not because I need to as I no longer have any nicotine in my juice.... and as for the chemicals in e juice... do your research mate! There’s no chemicals in ejuice that can’t be found in the food we eat ok! Stop reading the crap that the tobacco companies are sponsoring!

East Kilbride

"With vaping being relatively new I wonder how much healthier it actually is. Not really been around long enough to compare long term effects of the oils being burned off. Guy at my work has never smoked a fag in his life but he likes the taste/smell of his vape so he buys oils with no nicotine and he’s puffing away all day"

There is no oil in ejuice

East Kilbride

"I’d view it as the same. If it’s used to help someone give up smoking then excellent but too often it just replaces it and even seems to have become rather trendy. Also, just waiting on the “Oh dear they’re full of carcinogens, so sorry” health announcement "

Believe it or not in this country all ingredients have to be displayed on the bottles... just like the food we eat! So no hidden nasties! Man some people are so ignorant... talking about things they know nothing about!

Some amount of ill informed pish being spouted on this thread. I smoked tobacco for 30 years, since moving on to Vaping my aerobic capacity had improved dramatically, I don’t get anywhere near as many chest infections as I used to, my blood pressure has actually decreased with the extrinsic bonus of a far healthier bank balance!

East Kilbride

"Some amount of ill informed pish being spouted on this thread. I smoked tobacco for 30 years, since moving on to Vaping my aerobic capacity had improved dramatically, I don’t get anywhere near as many chest infections as I used to, my blood pressure has actually decreased with the extrinsic bonus of a far healthier bank balance! "

"Hi unusual question!noted and can fully understand non smokers do not want smokers on Fab as I recently stopped and the smell of smoke plus kissing a smoker can be a huge turn off.

Vapouring as far as I’m concerned was used as a tool to help smokers quit .As far as I’m concerned it’s still smoking then as I know and seen occasionally vapour individual has a cig!so pot boiling the kettle black as they say .purely just my opinion but what do others think?"

I hate vaping! At least smokers move away from everyone to smoke vapoirs blow rather sh*t in everyone's faces have some respect. Especially when my child is present

I find ppl who vape never have it out their hand unlike a smoker who has one every hour or so,also i was told of a nurse in the hospital cpl yrs ago not to take it up as most of the stuff hasnt been clinically tested and theres a thing called popcorn lung that could be as bad as smoking

I'm not a fan of vaping purely (as someone else said) they never seem to be out of peoples mouths and hands..

A fag will last 5 mins and then the person wont have another for 40 mins/an hour but those who vape never seem to put them down.

The artificial smell of some of the flavours makes my headache.

That said I'd rather date a vaper than a smoker.

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

"I’d view it as the same. If it’s used to help someone give up smoking then excellent but too often it just replaces it and even seems to have become rather trendy. Also, just waiting on the “Oh dear they’re full of carcinogens, so sorry” health announcement

Believe it or not in this country all ingredients have to be displayed on the bottles... just like the food we eat! So no hidden nasties! Man some people are so ignorant... talking about things they know nothing about!"

You claim we dont know what we are talking about, and another poster said we are all talking pish , blah de blah . Do i really need to be an ex smoker or a vaper to know when someone blows out a big puff of smoke into my direction that i then have to breath in and find the stench of some weird flavour disgusting, do i really need to be an expert to feel this way ? . The fact is, irrelevant to the health issues , good or bad , it is still just as repulsive as smoking to some people, myself included. The problem lies with vapers believing that since the health risks are less of a concern then thats a green light to blow their personal choice flavours into the faces of anyone and everyone around them.

We tip , its not ok .

"I’d view it as the same. If it’s used to help someone give up smoking then excellent but too often it just replaces it and even seems to have become rather trendy. Also, just waiting on the “Oh dear they’re full of carcinogens, so sorry” health announcement

Believe it or not in this country all ingredients have to be displayed on the bottles... just like the food we eat! So no hidden nasties! Man some people are so ignorant... talking about things they know nothing about!

You claim we dont know what we are talking about, and another poster said we are all talking pish , blah de blah . Do i really need to be an ex smoker or a vaper to know when someone blows out a big puff of smoke into my direction that i then have to breath in and find the stench of some weird flavour disgusting, do i really need to be an expert to feel this way ? . The fact is, irrelevant to the health issues , good or bad , it is still just as repulsive as smoking to some people, myself included. The problem lies with vapers believing that since the health risks are less of a concern then thats a green light to blow their personal choice flavours into the faces of anyone and everyone around them.

We tip , its not ok . "

That’s a bit of a generalisation on your part wouldn’t you say? You seem to be inferring that all smokers/vapers lack the most basic levels of courtesy and consideration. I don’t, (nor have I ever even when I smoked tobacco) assumed that it was OK or remotely acceptable to inflict the by products of my vices on people who were not smokers. What is galling is when people who don’t smoke or vape make out that people who do should be treated like pariahs and go around with ringing bells declaring themselves to be “unclean” almost like the leper’s of old. I stand by my assertion.....most of you are talking utter pish!

East Kilbride

We tip , its not ok . "

I dont need your wee tip ! I’m actually a considerate vaper and only do it out with the smokers in public! So don’t tar me with the same brush thanks! O and I really don’t care if you find it repulsive tbh

East Kilbride

We tip , its not ok .

That’s a bit of a generalisation on your part wouldn’t you say? You seem to be inferring that all smokers/vapers lack the most basic levels of courtesy and consideration. I don’t, (nor have I ever even when I smoked tobacco) assumed that it was OK or remotely acceptable to inflict the by products of my vices on people who were not smokers. What is galling is when people who don’t smoke or vape make out that people who do should be treated like pariahs and go around with ringing bells declaring themselves to be “unclean” almost like the leper’s of old. I stand by my assertion.....most of you are talking utter pish!"

Haha love it!

If we're onto objections about whiffs released into the air...i don't want to be knocked out by paco de real man that a guy has doused himself in while getting spruced up for a night out.

Tone it down a bit...it's sickly

Personally I think anyone who expels flatulence near or around me should be publicly flogged and branded

"Some amount of ill informed pish being spouted on this thread. I smoked tobacco for 30 years, since moving on to Vaping my aerobic capacity had improved dramatically, I don’t get anywhere near as many chest infections as I used to, my blood pressure has actually decreased with the extrinsic bonus of a far healthier bank balance! "

Would your bank balance not be even healthier if you didn’t vape either

Blantyre

We tip , its not ok .

That’s a bit of a generalisation on your part wouldn’t you say? You seem to be inferring that all smokers/vapers lack the most basic levels of courtesy and consideration. I don’t, (nor have I ever even when I smoked tobacco) assumed that it was OK or remotely acceptable to inflict the by products of my vices on people who were not smokers. What is galling is when people who don’t smoke or vape make out that people who do should be treated like pariahs and go around with ringing bells declaring themselves to be “unclean” almost like the leper’s of old. I stand by my assertion.....most of you are talking utter pish!"

Im afraid i beg to differ with your viewpoint here. I will give a simple explanation why i think im not generalising or talking pish. I am in Cyprus at the moment , just entering my second week over here. Im with a group of over 20 people , many of whom are smokers. Since Cyprus has not caught up with the smoking policies regarding smoking in public yet ALL of the smokers have chosen to stay at their tables in bars and so forth to indulge in their smoking and vaping passtimes as is their right. Funnily enough when in these bars i have yet to spot any " considerate" smoker from any individual or group stand outside for a puff. Nor have i seen ANY smokers stand outside other bars or clubs as i walk past . Now either there is no smokers in Ayai Napa or the smokers are in the bars puffing away just like the bars ive been in. It has to be one of these things. Im fairly sure its the latter.

Most of the people that are classing themselves as considerate smokers are only being considerate as there are now laws in place in the UK to stop the smoking in public. If im talking utter pish as expressed further up the thread then i simply ask , where are all these considerate smokers you speak of in Ayai Napa. ?

We tip , its not ok .

That’s a bit of a generalisation on your part wouldn’t you say? You seem to be inferring that all smokers/vapers lack the most basic levels of courtesy and consideration. I don’t, (nor have I ever even when I smoked tobacco) assumed that it was OK or remotely acceptable to inflict the by products of my vices on people who were not smokers. What is galling is when people who don’t smoke or vape make out that people who do should be treated like pariahs and go around with ringing bells declaring themselves to be “unclean” almost like the leper’s of old. I stand by my assertion.....most of you are talking utter pish!

Im afraid i beg to differ with your viewpoint here. I will give a simple explanation why i think im not generalising or talking pish. I am in Cyprus at the moment , just entering my second week over here. Im with a group of over 20 people , many of whom are smokers. Since Cyprus has not caught up with the smoking policies regarding smoking in public yet ALL of the smokers have chosen to stay at their tables in bars and so forth to indulge in their smoking and vaping passtimes as is their right. Funnily enough when in these bars i have yet to spot any " considerate" smoker from any individual or group stand outside for a puff. Nor have i seen ANY smokers stand outside other bars or clubs as i walk past . Now either there is no smokers in Ayai Napa or the smokers are in the bars puffing away just like the bars ive been in. It has to be one of these things. Im fairly sure its the latter.

Most of the people that are classing themselves as considerate smokers are only being considerate as there are now laws in place in the UK to stop the smoking in public. If im talking utter pish as expressed further up the thread then i simply ask , where are all these considerate smokers you speak of in Ayai Napa. ?"

So because a significant number of a proportion of a group of people you happen to be in the company of are inconsiderate all Vapers/Smokers are the same. You honestly can’t see how that’s a generalisation? I’m considerate due to my upbringing nothing to do with being compelled by law to do so.

By *exy-fuckersCouple  over a year ago

Perth

There is no burning involved, it’s vaporised instead (a fine mist). The liquid they mainly use is vegetable glycerin which if found in many food products.

Vaping is a lot safer than smoking or drinking alcohol, that’s for sure.

We’d class vaping in the smokers category. Would be disappointed if we met someone who said they were a non-smoker only to find out they vaped.

For those saying it’s only breathing in what we eat; the news is that you’re not supposed to breathe in food stuffs. Google popcorn lung or pulmonary aspiration.

Perth

We tip , its not ok .

Most of the people that are classing themselves as considerate smokers are only being considerate as there are now laws in place in the UK to stop the smoking in public. If im talking utter pish as expressed further up the thread then i simply ask , where are all these considerate smokers you speak of in Ayai Napa. ?"

You’re perfectly entitled to dislike vape mist, hate the smells and the practice. However, if you are in a bar having an alcoholic drink the stuff in that glass will harm you more than vape mist will.

If you have any kind of reaction at all it will be allergic, the same type of reaction when breathed in as many perfume products can instigate.

So a question, do you think it’s inconsiderate to wear perfume in the presence of others who may get an allergic reaction from it? Have you thought about this? I imagine just like many vape users that it doesn’t come into your thought process. It’s easy to be outraged by others actions, it’s much harder to question your own. It’s also easy to make an uniformed judgement on something that is seen as a social stigma.

I say this because I’m allergic to many perfume / aftershave products. It tightens my throat, it makes it hard for me to breathe and it gives me a headache that can last for days.

Would that stop you wearing perfume when out in public or only wearing products that are maybe not your favourite but are proven to be hypo-allergenic? I’d wager it wouldn’t change your behaviour at all. See where I am going?

Being a bouncer I find the Vape mist even more annoying than smoke . But I find it even more of anannoyce when you ask the fuck asshole blowing it your way to move else where and they reply it's only water. No it's not only water its ficking annoying and I hate the smell of sweets now fuck off.

"Being a bouncer I find the Vape mist even more annoying than smoke . But I find it even more of anannoyce when you ask the fuck asshole blowing it your way to move else where and they reply it's only water. No it's not only water its ficking annoying and I hate the smell of sweets now fuck off."

LOL I get this - Even if it's not harmful it's annoying and I don't want it in my air space thank ya very much

I detest vapes - they produce more of a cloud than a cigarette does and may well be less harmful to the person using it, but they cause problems for anyone with asthma who must pass through it - and it stinks so annoys even non-astmatics to an equal degree. Yeugh. And while on the subject - why is cherry 'flavour' so prevalent? I also hate cherries. Yeugh.

"Being a bouncer I find the Vape mist even more annoying than smoke . But I find it even more of anannoyce when you ask the fuck asshole blowing it your way to move else where and they reply it's only water. No it's not only water its ficking annoying and I hate the smell of sweets now fuck off.

LOL I get this - Even if it's not harmful it's annoying and I don't want it in my air space thank ya very much "

It's not even that when your talking to folk and some ass is vaping next to you it's more ignorant than anything aswell

"Being a bouncer I find the Vape mist even more annoying than smoke . But I find it even more of anannoyce when you ask the fuck asshole blowing it your way to move else where and they reply it's only water. No it's not only water its ficking annoying and I hate the smell of sweets now fuck off.

LOL I get this - Even if it's not harmful it's annoying and I don't want it in my air space thank ya very much

It's not even that when your talking to folk and some ass is vaping next to you it's more ignorant than anything aswell"

Agreed that man

It's not even that when your talking to folk and some ass is vaping next to you it's more ignorant than anything aswell

Agreed that man "

Why thank you

"We’d class vaping in the smokers category. Would be disappointed if we met someone who said they were a non-smoker only to find out they vaped.

For those saying it’s only breathing in what we eat; the news is that you’re not supposed to breathe in food stuffs. Google popcorn lung or pulmonary aspiration.

"

say what you will its disgusting. You blow that in my my sons face I wouldn't happen a second

"We’d class vaping in the smokers category. Would be disappointed if we met someone who said they were a non-smoker only to find out they vaped.

"

say what you will its disgusting. You blow that in my my sons face I wouldn't happen a second

coatbridge

"Being a bouncer I find the Vape mist even more annoying than smoke . But I find it even more of anannoyce when you ask the fuck asshole blowing it your way to move else where and they reply it's only water. No it's not only water its ficking annoying and I hate the smell of sweets now fuck off."
when you ask the fucking asshole to move eleswhere why are your legs broke i certainly wouldnt move for a meathead with attitude

coatbridge

say what you will its disgusting. You blow that in my my sons face I wouldn't happen a second "

you wafting about with bodysprays and lerfums is very similar you gonna quit that and have some thought for others ?

Perth

"

The chemicals that cause popcorn lung are banned for use in Vape Juice across Europe. Your news is incorrect!

Blantyre

We tip , its not ok .

Most of the people that are classing themselves as considerate smokers are only being considerate as there are now laws in place in the UK to stop the smoking in public. If im talking utter pish as expressed further up the thread then i simply ask , where are all these considerate smokers you speak of in Ayai Napa. ?

You’re perfectly entitled to dislike vape mist, hate the smells and the practice. However, if you are in a bar having an alcoholic drink the stuff in that glass will harm you more than vape mist will.

If you have any kind of reaction at all it will be allergic, the same type of reaction when breathed in as many perfume products can instigate.

So a question, do you think it’s inconsiderate to wear perfume in the presence of others who may get an allergic reaction from it? Have you thought about this? I imagine just like many vape users that it doesn’t come into your thought process. It’s easy to be outraged by others actions, it’s much harder to question your own. It’s also easy to make an uniformed judgement on something that is seen as a social stigma.

I say this because I’m allergic to many perfume / aftershave products. It tightens my throat, it makes it hard for me to breathe and it gives me a headache that can last for days.

Would that stop you wearing perfume when out in public or only wearing products that are maybe not your favourite but are proven to be hypo-allergenic? I’d wager it wouldn’t change your behaviour at all. See where I am going? "

From personal experience, if i smell someone elses perfume i need to be in very very close proximity to that person , an exhaled vape cloud can be 15 feet away or more dependant on wind direction. You and kola are using a defense of aftershave or perfume smells being the same but really its nothing like the same. while it is a valid point , especially to yourself , as you have allergic reactions, the people that have that alergic reaction to perfumes etc i would think are a very small minority of people. There has to be a common sense debate to a subject like vaping, by that i mean , ive heard of people being allergic to the sun and must travel in a bubble to avoid the sun, should we ban outdoor seating in cafes and bars .

There are millions of vapers how many people suffer as severely as yourself from perfumes. Again its not about numbers but simply about being realistic. We cant protect everyone from everything but when millions of people are being subjected to something BY millions of people then thats what makes the difference from your point.

coatbridge

We tip , its not ok .

Would that stop you wearing perfume when out in public or only wearing products that are maybe not your favourite but are proven to be hypo-allergenic? I’d wager it wouldn’t change your behaviour at all. See where I am going?

From personal experience, if i smell someone elses perfume i need to be in very very close proximity to that person , an exhaled vape cloud can be 15 feet away or more dependant on wind direction. You and kola are using a defense of aftershave or perfume smells being the same but really its nothing like the same. while it is a valid point , especially to yourself , as you have allergic reactions, the people that have that alergic reaction to perfumes etc i would think are a very small minority of people. There has to be a common sense debate to a subject like vaping, by that i mean , ive heard of people being allergic to the sun and must travel in a bubble to avoid the sun, should we ban outdoor seating in cafes and bars .

There are millions of vapers how many people suffer as severely as yourself from perfumes. Again its not about numbers but simply about being realistic. We cant protect everyone from everything but when millions of people are being subjected to something BY millions of people then thats what makes the difference from your point.

"

if non nicotine e liquid you consume every product that is in it.

The problem is to many believe themselves to be the centre of all existence you dont like vape mist or perfum or bodyslray or kebab smell.........move away and dont expect otbers to bow down to your whims

coatbridge

The chemicals that cause popcorn lung are banned for use in Vape Juice across Europe. Your news is incorrect! "

ahhh the fear mongering popcorn lung how many cases are there from vaping........let me help you none it was a disease at a popcorn making plant that had a fire and the staff were breathing the butter and chemicals

We tip , its not ok .

The problem is to many believe themselves to be the centre of all existence you dont like vape mist or perfum or bodyslray or kebab smell.........move away and dont expect otbers to bow down to your whims"

So what about me I work on a door and cant move away I often ask politely if the vaper can move away from the door and I'm treated like a social pariah. Oh hang on I'll just quite my job then

coatbridge

We tip , its not ok .

The problem is to many believe themselves to be the centre of all existence you dont like vape mist or perfum or bodyslray or kebab smell.........move away and dont expect otbers to bow down to your whims

So what about me I work on a door and cant move away I often ask politely if the vaper can move away from the door and I'm treated like a social pariah. Oh hang on I'll just quite my job then"

you can move away your not glued to a spot also a vaper mostly goes to the smoking area out of courtesy as its not illegal but you seem to want them to move even further away perhaps take this up with your employer.

I'm surprised some of you venture outside with the things that outrage you so much

"I'm surprised some of you venture outside with the things that outrage you so much "

The perpetually offended and enraged

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

"I'm surprised some of you venture outside with the things that outrage you so much

The perpetually offended and enraged"

I’m so angry I don’t care.

By *esssDanMan  over a year ago

Dundee

Tl;dr = If you vape, put "smoker" on your profile, then everyone is happy.

"Tl;dr = If you vape, put "smoker" on your profile, then everyone is happy."

I’m not because despite what the Nicotine Nazis might say I do not consider myself to be a smoker. Anyone whom I meet wouldn’t know anyway as I do not Vape before or during a meet....it’s called consideration and courtesy

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

People seem to vape and actually use it more than a cigarette and unlike a cigarette it still goes after a few puffs.

I think they’re disgusting but it doesn’t linger the same way as tobacco.

We tip , its not ok .

So what about me I work on a door and cant move away I often ask politely if the vaper can move away from the door and I'm treated like a social pariah. Oh hang on I'll just quite my job thenyou can move away your not glued to a spot also a vaper mostly goes to the smoking area out of courtesy as its not illegal but you seem to want them to move even further away perhaps take this up with your employer."

True but what is there in me being a doorsteward and I have to move away from the door because someone is vaping. In my opinion vaping is the same as smoking and they should move away from the my area of work theres a whole street to vape in oh hang on we a smoking area the front of the building.

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 23/05/19 21:10:32]

coatbridge

We tip , its not ok .

So what about me I work on a door and cant move away I often ask politely if the vaper can move away from the door and I'm treated like a social pariah. Oh hang on I'll just quite my job thenyou can move away your not glued to a spot also a vaper mostly goes to the smoking area out of courtesy as its not illegal but you seem to want them to move even further away perhaps take this up with your employer.

True but what is there in me being a doorsteward and I have to move away from the door because someone is vaping. In my opinion vaping is the same as smoking and they should move away from the my area of work theres a whole street to vape in oh hang on we a smoking area the front of the building. "

your area? A public space at the front of a premises is your space perhaps not.

You kind of remind me of a plumber i had in fixing my bathroom who claimed as my home was his workspace i couldnt smoke. Guess who got flung out and no pay ?

Pubs and clubs make just outside their doors the smoking area so if your not happy take it up with them you could try and invoke the 10m law wierd how that one gets ignored dont you think ? but unfortunatly it aplies to smokers not vapers there is a clear distinction even though it seems many wish it wasnt the case

East Kilbride

"Tl;dr = If you vape, put "smoker" on your profile, then everyone is happy."

I’m not a smoker though so no??? Don’t give a shit who is happy and who is not tbh lol... I don’t smell or taste of fags and don’t vape in a meet unless it’s an overnighter so just no..

East Kilbride

We tip , its not ok .

So what about me I work on a door and cant move away I often ask politely if the vaper can move away from the door and I'm treated like a social pariah. Oh hang on I'll just quite my job thenyou can move away your not glued to a spot also a vaper mostly goes to the smoking area out of courtesy as its not illegal but you seem to want them to move even further away perhaps take this up with your employer.

True but what is there in me being a doorsteward and I have to move away from the door because someone is vaping. In my opinion vaping is the same as smoking and they should move away from the my area of work theres a whole street to vape in oh hang on we a smoking area the front of the building. "

Vaping is absolutely nothing like smoking mate! Ps it’s not illegal to vape(or smoke) in the street so your into plums lol

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

It must be a really nice bomber jacket if someone thinks - this is my door - I'm standing here - I have no further career ambitions

The question was asking each individual a personal opinion. Some have said it’s their right by law and therefore will do it wherever they like. Others have raised concerns over possibilities it may be found unsafe in the future (like smoking) and that they just find it offensive. As it is the vaper that is creating the problem I would say the onus is on them to be considerate and move away from non vapers. That’s merely my opinion and others are free to disagree with that... it’s called agreeing to disagree

coatbridge

"The question was asking each individual a personal opinion. Some have said it’s their right by law and therefore will do it wherever they like. Others have raised concerns over possibilities it may be found unsafe in the future (like smoking) and that they just find it offensive. As it is the vaper that is creating the problem I would say the onus is on them to be considerate and move away from non vapers. That’s merely my opinion and others are free to disagree with that... it’s called agreeing to disagree "
by the same token everyone should move away from anyone if they do anything but exist.

As an example i and lots of others find folk using cars for short trips offensive so they shouldnt do it?

Where does the madness stop ?

By *stonDBS2Man  over a year ago

Kirkcaldy

Never had one chesty cough since changing to vaping.

Hate the smell leaft from smoking, it affects everything, clothes and house are boggin days after smoking.

I thought I’d read a wee post and everyone seems to be agitated. We are all entitled to have an opinion

"The question was asking each individual a personal opinion. Some have said it’s their right by law and therefore will do it wherever they like. Others have raised concerns over possibilities it may be found unsafe in the future (like smoking) and that they just find it offensive. As it is the vaper that is creating the problem I would say the onus is on them to be considerate and move away from non vapers. That’s merely my opinion and others are free to disagree with that... it’s called agreeing to disagree by the same token everyone should move away from anyone if they do anything but exist.

As an example i and lots of others find folk using cars for short trips offensive so they shouldnt do it?

"

Agreed in that it's human nature to differ so as you say, no matter what one person does there is likely to be one who differs. However some things happen from necessity (like cars) Vaping is entirely unnecessary (and I am aware there are others Kola ).

"I thought I’d read a wee post and everyone seems to be agitated. We are all entitled to have an opinion "

Agreed - listening to others opinions should be enlightening, perhaps expanding your thoughts etc

"I thought I’d read a wee post and everyone seems to be agitated. We are all entitled to have an opinion

Agreed - listening to others opinions should be enlightening, perhaps expanding your thoughts etc "

Who am I too judge, find it unusual that people can’t converse

"I thought I’d read a wee post and everyone seems to be agitated. We are all entitled to have an opinion

Agreed - listening to others opinions should be enlightening, perhaps expanding your thoughts etc

Who am I too judge, find it unusual that people can’t converse "

You're lucky then well done you

You're lucky then well done you "

I’m not lucky just don’t see why I’d not listen to how others see things. No one has the answers x

I’m not lucky just don’t see why I’d not listen to how others see things. No one has the answers x"

Agreed, though as you rightly point out - not everyone sees it that way, that's shown in the forums all the time to name but one example

I’m not lucky just don’t see why I’d not listen to how others see things. No one has the answers x

Agreed, though as you rightly point out - not everyone sees it that way, that's shown in the forums all the time to name but one example"

That happens in life all the time x I like if someone has a belief or an opinion. I don’t have to agree, as soon as someone says that’s rubbish or judge that’s when they don’t hold my attention

Agreed, though as you rightly point out - not everyone sees it that way, that's shown in the forums all the time to name but one example

That happens in life all the time x I like if someone has a belief or an opinion. I don’t have to agree, as soon as someone says that’s rubbish or judge that’s when they don’t hold my attention "

That is indeed your free choice to do so

That happens in life all the time x I like if someone has a belief or an opinion. I don’t have to agree, as soon as someone says that’s rubbish or judge that’s when they don’t hold my attention

That is indeed your free choice to do so "

We all make choices

coatbridge

"The question was asking each individual a personal opinion. Some have said it’s their right by law and therefore will do it wherever they like. Others have raised concerns over possibilities it may be found unsafe in the future (like smoking) and that they just find it offensive. As it is the vaper that is creating the problem I would say the onus is on them to be considerate and move away from non vapers. That’s merely my opinion and others are free to disagree with that... it’s called agreeing to disagree by the same token everyone should move away from anyone if they do anything but exist.

Agreed in that it's human nature to differ so as you say, no matter what one person does there is likely to be one who differs. However some things happen from necessity (like cars) Vaping is entirely unnecessary (and I am aware there are others Kola )."

cars are not a neccesity though infact nothing is a neccesity if you break it down far enough.

Ive never driven and no intention of starting.

It boils down to folk believing they are more important so can subjegate others into doing what they wish instead of tolerance for others and their choices.i mean look at this hoo ha over something folk are trying to vilify that is perfectly legal and the proof so far is that it is not harmful (cars are proven to be very harmful )

Perth

We tip , its not ok .

"

I respectfully disagree. Your point about the sun is irrelevant as we are talking about the impact on others of people’s behaviour / choices. You’re also using the numbers game to back up your point which doesn’t make sense. Being allergic to perfume is one of the most common allergies and a lot more people wear perfume than vape. There are also lots of non-vapers who disagree with you, like me, I don’t vape but I like the smell of it. You don’t know the thoughts of millions so your use of that is invalid.

Perfume also stays in the air much longer than vape mist, it’s designed to. You go into a room and leave, your scent remains for a short while and anyone else in that room is subjected to breathing it in. Not their choice.

The difference here is that I am not asking someone else to change their behaviour because of me. You are. I am pointing out the fact that ALL of us will do things and make choices that others don’t like or appreciate and we don’t even consider others when we do it. We ALL do this and we are ALL hypocrites.

"It must be a really nice bomber jacket if someone thinks - this is my door - I'm standing here - I have no further career ambitions "

I resent that remark I have never worn a bomber jacket!

Agreed in that it's human nature to differ so as you say, no matter what one person does there is likely to be one who differs. However some things happen from necessity (like cars) Vaping is entirely unnecessary (and I am aware there are others Kola ).cars are not a neccesity though infact nothing is a neccesity if you break it down far enough.

It boils down to folk believing they are more important so can subjegate others into doing what they wish instead of tolerance for others and their choices.i mean look at this hoo ha over something folk are trying to vilify that is perfectly legal and the proof so far is that it is not harmful (cars are proven to be very harmful ) "

Cars are necessary in the sense they are intrinsic to how our society functions but yes not necessary to life. All that is needed there is breathing, a male and a female and let nature take its course. Someone demanding a vaper should move(absolutely no use at all) is as bad as the vaper demanding the non vaper moves. The difference is the vaper is doing something that causes the problem and they most certainly do NOT need to do it. Yes that can apply to many things but here we are discussing vapers. Take yer point though

Perth

Agreed in that it's human nature to differ so as you say, no matter what one person does there is likely to be one who differs. However some things happen from necessity (like cars) Vaping is entirely unnecessary (and I am aware there are others Kola ).cars are not a neccesity though infact nothing is a neccesity if you break it down far enough.

It boils down to folk believing they are more important so can subjegate others into doing what they wish instead of tolerance for others and their choices.i mean look at this hoo ha over something folk are trying to vilify that is perfectly legal and the proof so far is that it is not harmful (cars are proven to be very harmful )

Cars are necessary in the sense they are intrinsic to how our society functions but yes not necessary to life. All that is needed there is breathing, a male and a female and let nature take its course. Someone demanding a vaper should move(absolutely no use at all) is as bad as the vaper demanding the non vaper moves. The difference is the vaper is doing something that causes the problem and they most certainly do NOT need to do it. Yes that can apply to many things but here we are discussing vapers. Take yer point though "

Unless you choose to go to a place where you know there will be vapers. That’s then your choice. For example, the lady who went to Ayia Napa (where there are no smoking laws) and then moans when folk are smoking there. Or the bouncer who stands on a door must accept that he will be subjected to what ever is happening on that public street.

I’m allergic to perfume and I try the best I can to stay away from perfume sections in department stores. It would be crazy for me to go there and say “I don’t bloody believe this!”

coatbridge

Cars are necessary in the sense they are intrinsic to how our society functions but yes not necessary to life. All that is needed there is breathing, a male and a female and let nature take its course. Someone demanding a vaper should move(absolutely no use at all) is as bad as the vaper demanding the non vaper moves. The difference is the vaper is doing something that causes the problem and they most certainly do NOT need to do it. Yes that can apply to many things but here we are discussing vapers. Take yer point though "

lol read back what you have written your inteligent go at it objectivly and you will see your bias shining.

Vaping causes a problem in the same way someone using their car to go to asda causes a problem or tam eating haggis and subjecting me to its smell causes a problem its a problem thats getting bigger and bigger who shouts loudest is right

Blantyre

"I thought I’d read a wee post and everyone seems to be agitated. We are all entitled to have an opinion "

I dont think anyone is getting agitated, we have some strong opinions on this subject and on the most part , everyone is being respectful of that opinion. I will say as i have said before, fighting your corner in defense of your opinion does not make you argumementative it just means you are willing to debate your point. Im strong willed , sometimes i maybe go on a bit too much at times but the same can be said for kola, stongly opinionated guy but get to another subject and we will be in agreement of it. People that see debate as an argument or being agitating simply dont get it , in my opinion .

Cars are necessary in the sense they are intrinsic to how our society functions but yes not necessary to life. All that is needed there is breathing, a male and a female and let nature take its course. Someone demanding a vaper should move(absolutely no use at all) is as bad as the vaper demanding the non vaper moves. The difference is the vaper is doing something that causes the problem and they most certainly do NOT need to do it. Yes that can apply to many things but here we are discussing vapers. Take yer point though lol read back what you have written your inteligent go at it objectivly and you will see your bias shining.

Vaping causes a problem in the same way someone using their car to go to asda causes a problem or tam eating haggis and subjecting me to its smell causes a problem its a problem thats getting bigger and bigger who shouts loudest is right "

your missing my point but no worries

coatbridge

Cars are necessary in the sense they are intrinsic to how our society functions but yes not necessary to life. All that is needed there is breathing, a male and a female and let nature take its course. Someone demanding a vaper should move(absolutely no use at all) is as bad as the vaper demanding the non vaper moves. The difference is the vaper is doing something that causes the problem and they most certainly do NOT need to do it. Yes that can apply to many things but here we are discussing vapers. Take yer point though lol read back what you have written your inteligent go at it objectivly and you will see your bias shining.

Vaping causes a problem in the same way someone using their car to go to asda causes a problem or tam eating haggis and subjecting me to its smell causes a problem its a problem thats getting bigger and bigger who shouts loudest is right

your missing my point but no worries "

i get your point a vaper chooses to vape when others dont like it which to me is the same as someone chooseing to use a car when tbey could walk.

The only diffrence in my mind is of the two examples only one is proven to be a detriment to our health

your missing my point but no worries i get your point a vaper chooses to vape when others dont like it which to me is the same as someone chooseing to use a car when tbey could walk.

The only diffrence in my mind is of the two examples only one is proven to be a detriment to our health "

Not my point at all but happy to leave you with that opinion as I don't think you want to see any other point of view. That is MY opinion there and you are entirely free to have your opinion on that or anything else. I'd like to add that there is no attitude in that, I'm just old enough to recognise when someone has their view and accept it. Have a nice day Kola

coatbridge

your missing my point but no worries i get your point a vaper chooses to vape when others dont like it which to me is the same as someone chooseing to use a car when tbey could walk.

The only diffrence in my mind is of the two examples only one is proven to be a detriment to our health

Not my point at all but happy to leave you with that opinion as I don't think you want to see any other point of view. That is MY opinion there and you are entirely free to have your opinion on that or anything else. I'd like to add that there is no attitude in that, I'm just old enough to recognise when someone has their view and accept it. Have a nice day Kola "

well thats a shame as from what you have written thats all i get from it that vapers choose to vape when they could go eleswhere.

I also accept you have a view but i use cars and other things to highlight that your view may be a bit biased die to your belief on vaping.

I really do see cars as a problem though.

Not my point at all but happy to leave you with that opinion as I don't think you want to see any other point of view. That is MY opinion there and you are entirely free to have your opinion on that or anything else. I'd like to add that there is no attitude in that, I'm just old enough to recognise when someone has their view and accept it. Have a nice day Kola well thats a shame as from what you have written thats all i get from it that vapers choose to vape when they could go eleswhere.

I also accept you have a view but i use cars and other things to highlight that your view may be a bit biased die to your belief on vaping.

I really do see cars as a problem though.

"

That's fine m'dear

I dont think anyone is getting agitated, we have some strong opinions on this subject and on the most part , everyone is being respectful of that opinion. I will say as i have said before, fighting your corner in defense of your opinion does not make you argumementative it just means you are willing to debate your point. Im strong willed , sometimes i maybe go on a bit too much at times but the same can be said for kola, stongly opinionated guy but get to another subject and we will be in agreement of it. People that see debate as an argument or being agitating simply dont get it , in my opinion . "

Very true I stand corrected

By *azonfabTV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

" I hate vaping! At least smokers move away from everyone to smoke vapoirs blow rather sh*t in everyone's faces have some respect. Especially when my child is present "

I think that has got little to do with vaping and more to do with inconsiderate individuals doing it among others.

I vape - zero nicotine - smoked for years, now don't. I would consider anyone else who vapes zero nic , away from others as a non-smoker.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it’s a good thread to identify the non-smokers who are actually vapers and also the people who are against vaping. Sometimes the forums add a bit more information to help decide who you would and wouldn’t meet.

Perhaps there should be a smoker, non-smoker and vaper option to avoid confusion on profiles.

" I hate vaping! At least smokers move away from everyone to smoke vapoirs blow rather sh*t in everyone's faces have some respect. Especially when my child is present

I think that has got little to do with vaping and more to do with inconsiderate individuals doing it among others.

I vape - zero nicotine - smoked for years, now don't. I would consider anyone else who vapes zero nic , away from others as a non-smoker."

fair play it rare though

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it’s a good thread to identify the non-smokers who are actually vapers and also the people who are against vaping. Sometimes the forums add a bit more information to help decide who you would and wouldn’t meet.

Perhaps there should be a smoker, non-smoker and vaper option to avoid confusion on profiles. "

You can put won't meet smokers when setting your preferences - no vaping one though that's true.

Blantyre

Perhaps there should be a smoker, non-smoker and vaper option to avoid confusion on profiles.

You can put won't meet smokers when setting your preferences - no vaping one though that's true."

Kola has had a word with Fab too. He wants a " no car users to asda" option too.

You can put won't meet smokers when setting your preferences - no vaping one though that's true.

Kola has had a word with Fab too. He wants a " no car users to asda" option too. "

Naughty devil

» Add a new message to this topic