FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > My sexuality is none of your business...

My sexuality is none of your business...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

.....or is it?

If you're bi or gay is it important to you that people in your real,"non fab" life know this or is it none of their business? Should you make people aware to challenge prejudices and stereotypes or is it a completely private and personal matter?

Opinions welcome from everybody of every sexual persuasion obviously

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I applied for a job once and a question on the application form asked your sexuality. None of their bloody business.

"I applied for a job once and a question on the application form asked your sexuality. None of their bloody business. "

Yeah, in a work situation I get that....suppose it's all to do with promoting diversity etc.

I was meaning in your day to day interactions with work colleagues or friends.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Very few people know my sexuality, not even my family. However as someone who has been applying for a lot of jobs recently, it's very common to see the question of sexuality on an application form. I tend to put straight as I wouldn't want anyone I work for knowing I'm bi x

"Very few people know my sexuality, not even my family. However as someone who has been applying for a lot of jobs recently, it's very common to see the question of sexuality on an application form. I tend to put straight as I wouldn't want anyone I work for knowing I'm bi x"

Because of misconceptions or folk treating you differently?

I just told a work colleague I was bi last night (relevant to the conversation at the time!) but no one else in my day to day life knows except Mr. I felt quite strange afterwards.....almost relieved but no idea why!

My immediate family know, that's the only ones that matter

"Very few people know my sexuality, not even my family. However as someone who has been applying for a lot of jobs recently, it's very common to see the question of sexuality on an application form. I tend to put straight as I wouldn't want anyone I work for knowing I'm bi x

Because of misconceptions or folk treating you differently?

I just told a work colleague I was bi last night (relevant to the conversation at the time!) but no one else in my day to day life knows except Mr. I felt quite strange afterwards.....almost relieved but no idea why!"

Yes because of being treated differently. I wouldn't like the idea of my female colleagues avoiding me. It's not as if I'm going to jump on them! I'm actually very straight with people I work with x

In real life, I'm not keen on anyone shoving the intricacies of their sex life in my face, regardless of their sexuality

By *ittle Red83Woman  over a year ago

Airdrie

I dont feel its anyone else's business my sexuality ie work but those I want to know I tell x

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I remember filling out a form as a teenager. . Can't remember what it was for, but it wasn't anything really important. . . Name, age, etc. . . It asked Sex . . I wrote Twice Per Week

"In real life, I'm not keen on anyone shoving the intricacies of their sex life in my face, regardless of their sexuality "

I'd never shove anything in anyone's face and wasn't suggesting it was acceptable to do so.

But you're very quick to call out someone expressing, what you perceive to be, misogynistic opinions. I was thinking along those lines but in relation to someone being homophobic or negative towards any sexuality.

And you're right to call them out of course!

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 17/08/19 11:00:15]

coatbridge

Sexuality is no ones concern other than your partners or perspective partners (i know alot dont agree but some prefer no contact with folk who engage in same sex exploits)

"In real life, I'm not keen on anyone shoving the intricacies of their sex life in my face, regardless of their sexuality

I'd never shove anything in anyone's face and wasn't suggesting it was acceptable to do so.

But you're very quick to call out someone expressing, what you perceive to be, misogynistic opinions. I was thinking along those lines but in relation to someone being homophobic or negative towards any sexuality.

And you're right to call them out of course! "

I can understand why bi/gay people would want to declare their sexuality to friends and family. I'm not sure why anyone else would need to know

In this day and age folk should be able to walk about freely being comfortable with others without them getting butt hurt... Ffs they are teaching it in schools now!

Day to day life I'd say no.

Why would it?

You don't go about saying to folk..oh by the way I like jam in my sandwiches.just so you know

Who folk have sex with is no one else's business but theirs.

Fab on the other hand...

coatbridge

"In this day and age folk should be able to walk about freely being comfortable with others without them getting butt hurt... Ffs they are teaching it in schools now! "
which is another problem there shouldnt be

"In this day and age folk should be able to walk about freely being comfortable with others without them getting butt hurt... Ffs they are teaching it in schools now! which is another problem there shouldnt be"
they shouldn't be teaching it in school?

coatbridge

"In this day and age folk should be able to walk about freely being comfortable with others without them getting butt hurt... Ffs they are teaching it in schools now! which is another problem there shouldnt be they shouldn't be teaching it in school? "
exactly that debates for another topic though

"In this day and age folk should be able to walk about freely being comfortable with others without them getting butt hurt... Ffs they are teaching it in schools now! which is another problem there shouldnt be they shouldn't be teaching it in school? exactly that debates for another topic though "
Don't see your point but however

I'm all for schools being taught sexuality but age appropriately.loads of primary kids now have same sex parents so would help with name calling and bullying kids do hopefully.

coatbridge

Im not against sexuality im against indoctrination but its way to big an issue to be discussed here

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Haven't "came out" in my current job, but I always find that in my case the folks just don't get the bi thing, espetiallly as I've got a long term girlfriend.

The dressing they can cope with, but bi? That's just pushing it lol

Mandy

...just nipping down The Forge Market to get some "I Munch Rug" tshirts made up....get your orders in now folks

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Unless you'd want to pursue something more with someone in the "real world", don't see why it would matter. Straight people don't go about making statements that they're straight, so why would bi or gay people need to do it? Doesn't make a single bit of difference to who a person is x

"I'm all for schools being taught sexuality but age appropriately.loads of primary kids now have same sex parents so would help with name calling and bullying kids do hopefully."

By *outhsider69Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Ok I’m coming at this from the point of _iew of straight man who’s got gay relatives, who were troubled and unhappy teenagers until they came out in their 20s.

It should nobody’s decision but your own who you wish to share your sexual orientation with.

However, if either of my two teenager children became self aware that they were anything other than straight, I would hope that they would not be afraid to come out, first to family, and then to friends if they wanted to.

It’s a much more tolerant society today than when I was a teenager, and I’m not saying for second everyone has to declare their sexuality, just that no one should have to hide who they really are to loved ones, for fear of judgement.

By *outhsider69Man  over a year ago

glasgow

"...just nipping down The Forge Market to get some "I Munch Rug" tshirts made up....get your orders in now folks "

Can I order an XL while you’re picking up the t-shirts

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I have been sucking cock and munching on fanny since my teenage years and I enjoy every second. If others are interested that’s cool with me. If others have a problem with it, I don’t fucking care.

I did put on an application once as the reply you want to know my favourite position as well

My sexuality is my business. I don't even tell the people I fuck.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I did tell a guy once I was bisexual, he was cool with it and pushed his arse further back on my cock.

coatbridge

But have ya had any fems unimpale themselves when ya tell them

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"But have ya had any fems unimpale themselves when ya tell them "

No

By *ibblingnewtWoman  over a year ago

by the sea

Always best to be open about your sexuality

But it’s ultimately your choice on how you come out

One thing for sure, hiding your sexuality to your partner is totally unfair on them I’ve been on the receiving end of my husband being secretly gay and the damage was severe

"Always best to be open about your sexuality

But it’s ultimately your choice on how you come out

One thing for sure, hiding your sexuality to your partner is totally unfair on them I’ve been on the receiving end of my husband being secretly gay and the damage was severe "

Well honestly I think I knew before my ex although he still hides it now alas fab isn’t that big a place to hide out when you like it all !

Define

My sexuality I love coxk and always horny as fuck and could have sex all day every day if I could

"I have been sucking cock and munching on fanny since my teenage years and I enjoy every second. If others are interested that’s cool with me. If others have a problem with it, I don’t fucking care. "

Hope you're well Pal...

BUB

[Removed by poster at 17/08/19 16:06:55]

By *anni and RicCouple  over a year ago

York

I don't shout about being bi but I also don't care who knows and if people were to ask I would tell them. The guys do all think I want to jump them though once they find out! So narrow minded that they can't grasp I would have to be attracted to them first. I believe in promoting acceptance though and don't hide who I am (anymore!)

Ric x

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"...just nipping down The Forge Market to get some "I Munch Rug" tshirts made up....get your orders in now folks "

And ‘I Suck Cock’ printed on the back for us bisexuals.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I have been sucking cock and munching on fanny since my teenage years and I enjoy every second. If others are interested that’s cool with me. If others have a problem with it, I don’t fucking care.

Hope you're well Pal...

BUB "

I am indeed well sir, fantastically well thank you.

I hope life is good for you too

"I have been sucking cock and munching on fanny since my teenage years and I enjoy every second. If others are interested that’s cool with me. If others have a problem with it, I don’t fucking care.

Hope you're well Pal...

BUB

I am indeed well sir, fantastically well thank you.

I hope life is good for you too"

All is well as it can be Boss

By *ullpa72Man  over a year ago

Isle of Arran

I am in that should I shouldn't I frame of mind about it .I am bi but I don't play with any work colleagues male or female .It's just too much hassle As for coming out !as a guy who grew up in the dark days of oppression I still have lingering hang ups and prefer to keep quiet

" .....or is it?

If you're bi or gay is it important to you that people in your real,"non fab" life know this or is it none of their business? Should you make people aware to challenge prejudices and stereotypes or is it a completely private and personal matter?

Opinions welcome from everybody of every sexual persuasion obviously "

I get asked a lot... mainly from males who want a Daddy... what a weird concept... but I can understand it..

By *itness_FornicatorsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm open about being bi and have been for a long time. I also identified as lesbian for a lot of my adult years. B xx

" .....or is it?

Tell them to bolt and non of their business .Live and let be I say and clearly they who question you are the ones with the real problems

To be fair if anyone has a problem with your age, race or sexual preference then it's their problem. If you are a good person then that's all that matters. Live, laugh, love and let others do the same. Xxxx

My son came out last year. I knew from when he was about two. I'm incredibly proud of him and glad at 17 he felt able to. I am sad thought, that he feels he needs to hide it at work and would never tick the gay box on a job application. I understand and support his reasons, I just think it sad he feels he needs to have them at all

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"My son came out last year. I knew from when he was about two. I'm incredibly proud of him and glad at 17 he felt able to. I am sad thought, that he feels he needs to hide it at work and would never tick the gay box on a job application. I understand and support his reasons, I just think it sad he feels he needs to have them at all "

I think he will be more confident as he becomes more comfortable in those surroundings. Your love and acceptance will have helped more than you know.

Good luck to him and may he have a wonderful life being who he is.

By *ay-guy-4-str8-cockMan  over a year ago

largo

Dirty young gay guy here looking for hard straight cock to pound my ass and keep it a secret. Message me x

"My son came out last year. I knew from when he was about two. I'm incredibly proud of him and glad at 17 he felt able to. I am sad thought, that he feels he needs to hide it at work and would never tick the gay box on a job application. I understand and support his reasons, I just think it sad he feels he needs to have them at all

I think he will be more confident as he becomes more comfortable in those surroundings. Your love and acceptance will have helped more than you know.

Good luck to him and may he have a wonderful life being who he is. "

Thank you . His first proper relationship ended recently so he's certainly going through the mill . I'm currently trying to encourage him to get out and enjoy himself more now. Hopefully with time he will xx

I'm bi and got outed as a teen in school. Made for a hellish experience so I only tell close trusted friends these days. My family are old fashioned so they don't know. Tbh I only mention it if I feel its relevant cause otherwise I have to spend hours explaining how that works if I'm married to a man and all those other misconceptions

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"My son came out last year. I knew from when he was about two. I'm incredibly proud of him and glad at 17 he felt able to. I am sad thought, that he feels he needs to hide it at work and would never tick the gay box on a job application. I understand and support his reasons, I just think it sad he feels he needs to have them at all "

My son came out a few years ago as bisexual aged 17, at the time he wished he could just put a label on his head and walk through school so everyone knew then he wouldn’t need to tell people. I told him the only people he had to tell were any partners he had. All our family and his friends know and their families, he has been well supported by everyone so made it easier for him.

Like you I always thought he would be gay from as young as nursery school so being bisexual was just an added extra.

Still my boy when all said and done and couldn’t ask for a nicer boy than him

By *ddie_westMan  over a year ago

bellshill

It’s shouldnt matter as long as the person can do the job

By *e gentle 100Woman  over a year ago

Bathgate

It's people with small narrow minds that have a bee in their bonnet or the older generation (70+) that have a problem with people being gay, Bi or what ever, a person's choice in life is theirs to do as they please as I've got relations and friends that are gay, bi etc and at the end of the day we r only human xx

" .....or is it?

I’d say...

Either yes, no or perhaps

That’s a definite maybe from me, just be clear

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

" .....or is it?

Opinions welcome from everybody of every sexual persuasion obviously

I’d say...

Either yes, no or perhaps

That’s a definite maybe from me, just be clear "

I wasn’t sure but so glad you told us your opinion as it’s made things more clear for me

» Add a new message to this topic