FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Jade Goody ~Cervical Cancer

Jade Goody ~Cervical Cancer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Some of you may be aware that today its three years since Jade Goody

passed away from cervical cancer which was so sad at such a young age leaving two young children .

Most of my good friends from here know i sufferd from cervical cancer myself in 2002 and also just two weeks ago underwent another op for womb cancer i know i had another post on this a few months ago but since its jades anniversary and i always post on her anniversary just urging all you fems to make sure you have your smears when they are due and always report anything to your gp thats unusual for you it only takes a few mins but those few mins could save your life so please dont put it off .

Also to all you guys out there make sure u do those checks and if you do find something that you think is worrying then get to your Gps and have it checked out.

Be healthy people and dont put off things till another day

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Her legacy was to encourage more people to go for check ups which in the year she died and year after multiplied 10 fold, however now there has been a dramatic reduction in those going for a check up to nearly the levels before she announced her diagnosis. Not good

"Her legacy was to encourage more people to go for check ups which in the year she died and year after multiplied 10 fold, however now there has been a dramatic reduction in those going for a check up to nearly the levels before she announced her diagnosis. Not good "

No its not good Brian but when these things are brought to your attention it makes you think a lot so if it makes just one woman go for her check up then some good has come of posting xxxx

By *uirkygirlCouple  over a year ago

Quirkyville

I had my Yearly Smear just 2 weeks ago x

By *uirkygirlCouple  over a year ago

Quirkyville

"Her legacy was to encourage more people to go for check ups which in the year she died and year after multiplied 10 fold, however now there has been a dramatic reduction in those going for a check up to nearly the levels before she announced her diagnosis. Not good "

There would be a natural reduction in the amount of woman going for smears... If they all got smears in the same year it would mean that they next time they were due (given that everything was normal) would be in 3 years time....

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"Her legacy was to encourage more people to go for check ups which in the year she died and year after multiplied 10 fold, however now there has been a dramatic reduction in those going for a check up to nearly the levels before she announced her diagnosis. Not good

There would be a natural reduction in the amount of woman going for smears... If they all got smears in the same year it would mean that they next time they were due (given that everything was normal) would be in 3 years time...."

The above would apply if every single female who were due a check up went for one. Half the cancer rate is from woman who have never even had a screening.

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

I had mine in January! No matter how much I hate them, I've had abnormal smears and the offending cells removed so I always make sure I go!

Can't believe it's 3 years ago since she died tho

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i had my smear test just last year i will always get it done even if i didnt scott would make me go as his sister died from it just before jade died from it

i agree to all women make sure you get checked defo could save a life

xxxx

"I had mine in January! No matter how much I hate them, I've had abnormal smears and the offending cells removed so I always make sure I go!

Can't believe it's 3 years ago since she died tho "

I know lil i do this post every year since jade died and every year it just seems like yesterday since i last posted on it .

By *ewels74Woman  over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

Never had one...i kinda just forget whenever i get mail to go ...

"Never had one...i kinda just forget whenever i get mail to go ..."

omg i cant believe uve never had one get one booked lady or else lol

i had cervical cancer 4 yrs ago i had a radical hysterectomy i was lucky it was cleared but we do need to remember those who werent so lucky xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

By *z ThongzWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I used to hate going for them and didnt for 12 years although in the last six years i have gone when called and although its embarassing and uncomfortable its great to know all is well , get checked ladies please xxxx

I had my smear not that long ago and never miss any appointments, cos ive had abnormal smear tests in the past so always go now xxxxxx

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

an additional point to make to all those ladies out there is even when your smear comes back clear if you find anything changes between smears get it checked out by your doctor. my smear was normal last feb yet come dec i was told i had cancer of the womb. this was after extra bleeding between periods, sometimes severe pain after sex and generally feeling like shit when no other symptoms were present.

stay healthy ladies xxxxxxx

"an additional point to make to all those ladies out there is even when your smear comes back clear if you find anything changes between smears get it checked out by your doctor. my smear was normal last feb yet come dec i was told i had cancer of the womb. this was after extra bleeding between periods, sometimes severe pain after sex and generally feeling like shit when no other symptoms were present.

stay healthy ladies xxxxxxx"

Exactly the same as me Rhona my last smear was in jan 2011 and by nov 2011 i was diagnosed with womb cancer symptoms slightly diffrent to you very heavy bleeding and extrem pain ...Im a Great believer in your body alarming you to when something isnt right but sometimes things do go undetected like when i first had cerivical cancer i had no symptoms at all i was diagnosed in dec 2001 and had my treatment for it in feb 2002 please go for your regular check up and if something doesnt feel right have it checked out xxxxx

By *gag001Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Can I give a guy's view on this.

I lost my sister inlaw(A's older sister) to cancer when she was 39. As a family we were absolutely devastated to lose someone who was such an influence on us all. She left a husband and a young family.

Medicine has moved on so much in the last ten years, so much so, that if a diagosis had been made earlier then things might have been so much diferent.

We discuss this often as a couple and we make sure that A has all her tests and our girls will too...one thing I'll be happy to be accused of being a bully about!

The donations we have all made to the cancer charities have helped find some excellent cures and strategies in dealing with this increadibly challenging illness, none of us can be complacent, not even the guys...just make sure if you find something that's not right, you re-act!

Preaching over......

AMEN!!

By *eenonfun2Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I agree with all the above about getting checked regularly. I have had a large portion of my cervix removed and go for yearly colposcopies.

It only takes 5 minutes to get checked out.

xx

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

My close pal is having an operation on Thursday to remove lumps from her womb, not sure if they are malignant or not yet.

Jac you give me hope that she'll be OK and soon back on her feet.

x

"My close pal is having an operation on Thursday to remove lumps from her womb, not sure if they are malignant or not yet.

Jac you give me hope that she'll be OK and soon back on her feet.

x"

Awwww Falcon hunni i know you will be so worried about her just be there for her no matter the outcome ...i will say a wee prayer for her that things will work out ok xxxxx

"I agree with all the above about getting checked regularly. I have had a large portion of my cervix removed and go for yearly colposcopies.

It only takes 5 minutes to get checked out.

xx"

God i hated colposcopies so not a nice experiance at all but hey as i said before when you know each time you go its helping to save ur life its such a small price to pay ..just hated when that chair began to tilt lol

» Add a new message to this topic