FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Petrol madness

Petrol madness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lide Rule OP   Man  over a year ago

Airdrie

Ok, who are guilty of the panic buying madness for fuel?... Over the last three dys ive witnessed huge queues at filling stations, some queued out off the forecourt onto the very busy A82.

Hang your heads in shame for Gods sakes!

The unions must give a weeks notice of intention to walk out...Talk of jumping the gun eh..... now most places are sold out, no doubt most who panicked have a garage full of the precious liquid.....Arseholes tht you are!

So, who filled up in a panic ????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

we were in morrison's in hamilton ast night and it was long queue and i was needing to top up our tank but there was no way i was sitting in a big queue when there was no need for it so i will do my usual fill up this weekend at somepoint.no need for the panic buying as there not on strike.

Mr Me

Had to smile at the Shell at South Queensferry, their excuse of cash only due to the card system was offline didn't ring true with the Musselburgh station.

Mind you wont run out anytime soon

Couldn't agree more....meantime they are putting millions in tax into the govt coffers while prices are higher....this will blow over, prices will fall again and Westminster will be chuckling at the stupidity of the great unwashed and congratulating themselves on a job well done.....sigh.

My truck was on fumes so i needed to put petrol in it, my petrol lawn mower became empty on Monday so yes i filled my 4x4 up and a wee jerry can for the lawn mower, you should have seen the glares i got but i needed petrol and wasnt panic buying.

Oh and it came to £93.34 ffs a joke.

"My truck was on fumes so i needed to put petrol in it, my petrol lawn mower became empty on Monday so yes i filled my 4x4 up and a wee jerry can for the lawn mower, you should have seen the glares i got but i needed petrol and wasnt panic buying.

Oh and it came to £93.34 ffs a joke."

just hoe big is the lawn mower

By *rs L and Mr DCouple  over a year ago

helensburgh

we're out of petrol ... petrol stations closed ... bloody loonies

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

went to put my usual 20 quid in on thurs and saw the queues had to try 2 garages before i could get unleaded - still only put in the 20 since the strike would only have been for 1 day anyway had it gone ahead

By *reacherUKMan  over a year ago

Livingston

The press and TV are as much to blame for giving space to these idiots.

We actually need to cut these ejits off where it hurts and start looking for decent politicians.

nope, didn't fill up.... still plenty fuel in ours

Company policy, got to fill up end of each day, readiness for the next day, just been a bit of a pain doing that simple thing, last few days.

Aston Martins need filling. My old 4x4 cost a bloody fortune .... even more now grrr

Aston Martins need filling. My old 4x4 cost a bloody fortune .... even more now grrr

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Berlin, Germany

On Friday, drove from Ayrshire to Inverness, had to fill bus first - £110 ffs.

Got to Inverness (1/4 tank gone - it's a frugal bus) to be told that the 'Sold out' signs had gone up at the Tesco filling station @ the Inches at 5pm that night.

Why are so many folk sheep?

Watched a driver put £2.50 in his tank on Friday.. 'Just in case' He probably used more waiting in the freking queue!

» Add a new message to this topic