FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Should the forums be for meets only?

Should the forums be for meets only?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am a bit bemused at times with the forum topics.

considering this is a meeting and swingers site, I would like to look at the forum pages were the postings deal strictly with issues regarding meets only.

Favourite music, the weather or the price of fish do seem to full up the forum pages.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"I would like to look at the forum pages were the postings deal strictly with issues regarding meets only."

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/meets

There is also the meets/events tab

"I would like to look at the forum pages were the postings deal strictly with issues regarding meets only.

"

yes, but there is very limited space to fill details in there. this might be a good place to further expand information or highlight information. Or for new people to use this to look for meets who might not be used to using the meets section.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

it is a bit of both tony, i agree with what you say, but the forum also gives people the possibility to show their personality and sense of humour, that can go a long way in building trust for a meet.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

No thats what your profile is for,chat is for and the meets today section is for what more do you want ?

As dudley has said many enjoy the forums for diffrent resons be it to air some views or just for a bit of banter or advice no need for a meet today forum i dont think .

but I agree with bel canto - we could be doing with a much more active meet today session. especially in scotland x

I can see both sides of the issue. Advice or showing someone's character can be seen with what a person says on their profile and their verifications.

I don't have any issue with anyone using the forums for banter or fun, but it does seem to be all that is used for is chat, most of the time.

If there was someone wanting to use the forums as a way of gaining attention for an event or a meet, and if I was to call in lots of favours and ask friends to flood to forums with topics that had nothing to do with meeting, then that person's message might get lost.

I did chat to someone recently and I asked him why after a year he had no verifications or meets and he said that he didn't need verifications because he is known in the forums.

There are places like msn or facebook to chat or one of the relationship based websites if we would like to know someone's character.

and on that note., has anyone noticed the price of bread these days? Lol

"and on that note., has anyone noticed the price of bread these days? Lol "

Shocking innit?

Fancy a shag?

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

snows back

"snows back "

cool, maybe all of us who like men, could build a naughty snowman?? lol

By *adgeeMan  over a year ago

Richmond Park

"I would like to look at the forum pages were the postings deal strictly with issues regarding meets only.

yes, but there is very limited space to fill details in there. this might be a good place to further expand information or highlight information. Or for new people to use this to look for meets who might not be used to using the meets section. "

The restrictions in the "Meets and Party Invites" section are no different from this forum, in fact they're identical, just having a different category title.

The "Meet Today" section like Mr Edin points out, also caters for something very similar, but they are a bit more restrictive with regards to limited subject fields and amount of characters in which to populate. Both sections seem to be as useful as the other IMO and i'm sure some members choose to use both.

By *uirkygirlCouple  over a year ago

Quirkyville

Can anyone tell me where i can get a new sofa at a decent price? lol

By *z ThongzWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

The forums are for all to use , as u see on the forum people do post events such as socials so they are used for planning events , but for gangbangs and the like i think folks should put that on the meets today section and perhaps on profile. If a forum post doesnt suit dont read it , its quite straightforward really.

"Can anyone tell me where i can get a new sofa at a decent price? lol"

Dfs . Llf quirks 4 yrs interest free an first year freeeee pmsl. Wid ye like a meet with that

By *olly Gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

Personally, I can see both arguments. And I agree with both. Difficulty is that the looking to meet forum postings don't have a location in the heading which means that you have to open very post to see where the meet or event is at. Another site with which I am familiar insists on the county in the heading so yo t am see at a glance . If admin could do that on the meets forum this would be much better.

No that's what the meet/ events forum is for. This forum is for folk who also enjoy the topical discussion side of the site. However crap some of the posts are. We aren't one dimensional not everyone who is a member wants to 24/7 be concentrating on meets. If that was the case most would have left by now as let's face it it ain't easy setting up a successful meet. I enjoy the chat and forum spectre too x

But doesn't the forum get used for meets and socials also anyway? Don't be greedy ye got your own meet/events section now you want to take over the forums too lol

By *andj65Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

So wer did ma bla bla bla thread go.....

Did someone mention fish.........

Who wants a shag?

Its a forum..Look it up in the dictionary. You are given a choice of topics which include meets, so I dont see a problem. ps..LOST DOG!...Have you seen Poochy? Reward offered for his safe return.

"Its a forum..Look it up in the dictionary. You are given a choice of topics which include meets, so I dont see a problem. ps..LOST DOG!...Have you seen Poochy? Reward offered for his safe return."

please, try to be polite. we have never spoken before but yet have blocked me. Should you wish to unblock me, I'm happy to give you some lessons in manners. There are ways to disagree and be nice about it.

I do not need someone to tell me to use a dictionary or imply that I have some kind of problem expressing myself or have literacy problems...

had a lovely piece of halibut the other day..no but really, i've always thought of the forums as the social side of the site. meets section for meets, and the forum for blowing off steam. some of the posts are a bit silly though

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

No.........

Tend to agree with the original post. It's a sex site. If your only friends are online you should probably get out more, failing that there are plenty of websites and forums specifically for idle chit chat.

"Tend to agree with the original post. It's a sex site. If your only friends are online you should probably get out more, failing that there are plenty of websites and forums specifically for idle chit chat. "

thanks for that!

By *olly Gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

"I do not need someone to tell me to use a dictionary or imply that I have some kind of problem expressing myself or have literacy problems..."

Erm - we have not spoken or met so have no wish to offend but I think that was a tad unfair - I think its obvious the comment was simply guid auld banter

note to self - will i be added to the block list lololol

"I do not need someone to tell me to use a dictionary or imply that I have some kind of problem expressing myself or have literacy problems...

Erm - we have not spoken or met so have no wish to offend but I think that was a tad unfair - I think its obvious the comment was simply guid auld banter

note to self - will i be added to the block list lololol"

no, i see no reason to block you, x

"Tend to agree with the original post. It's a sex site. If your only friends are online you should probably get out more, failing that there are plenty of websites and forums specifically for idle chit chat. "

Goodness, its not just chit chat but "idle" chit chat?

All a bit school teachery this is it not? What you must talk about in forums?

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"I am a bit bemused at times with the forum topics.

considering this is a meeting and swingers site, I would like to look at the forum pages were the postings deal strictly with issues regarding meets only.

Favourite music, the weather or the price of fish do seem to full up the forum pages.

"

I disagree. The forums here are great as they are, theres lots of scope to just use them to set up meets if thats all you are after, but some of us also like to discuss different topics and hear others views on those topics.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

And there we have it, the reason why many single guys have a problem getting meets!

Its not a "sex site", its a swinging site, and in our view there is a good deal of difference between the two definitions!

We use the chatrooms for "idle chit chat", where we talk to our friends, many of whom are miles away, its a convienient way of doing so. And I doubt if the other websites and forums would tolerate the subject matters discussed in here and the chatrooms lol!

Internet is my only friend

O
"

And there we have it, the reason why many single guys have a problem getting meets!

Its not a "sex site", its a swinging site, and in our view there is a good deal of difference between the two definitions!

We use the chatrooms for "idle chit chat", where we talk to our friends, many of whom are miles away, its a convienient way of doing so. And I doubt if the other websites and forums would tolerate the subject matters discussed in here and the chatrooms lol! "

The reason most single guys can't get meets is because they have no intention of meeting, they only want to tittilate themselves by talking about it. Moreover, the majority are probably as inept at getting a ladies interest online as they likely are in person

Tend to agree with the original post. It's a sex site. If your only friends are online you should probably get out more, failing that there are plenty of websites and forums specifically for idle chit chat.

Internet is my only friend :-

Doesn't seem likely to change if you hide your profile

» Add a new message to this topic