FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > personal trainer

personal trainer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lasgowcouple07 OP   Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

hi just wondering if theres any personal trainers on here who could give me a training program or show me at one off the glasgow clubs gyms thanks and its the fem looking to get in shape lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi,

I'm no personal trainer, and looking at your photos you look pretty good to me!

Assuming you are like most people and want to lose weight and tone up I would and have done the following:

1. Alter my diet (I follow weightwatchers and attend meetings when I want to lose weight).

2. Run 3 times a week. Running is the best cardio exercise to lose weight, it can be done at the gym or outside.

3. Once close to my target weight I then start to do some resistance (weights) in addition to my cardio.

If it is a big change to your life style do one thing at a time. So:

Week 1

Improve diet, plan meals and try to follow for 16 meals out of 21 for the week.

Week 2

Follow diet (16/21 meals) and run once. If you are starting out running, try running for 4 mins Nd walking 1, do this for 20 or 25 mins.

Week 3

Follow diet as before and go running/gym twice

Week 4 - 8

As above but gym/running 3 times.

You can lengthen your running as you feel the need, after 8 weeks of this you'll probably be bored and able to to something a bit different. If you are at a gym and want to do some other cardio machines do those too, they offer a bit of variation, but try to run each visit.

I find when I start these things I go all guns blazing for a week then the second week comes along I miss one session, then try and make it up, fail to do so, misses another session and then give up totally - back to square one, but with a greater feeling of failure.

Set achievable targets, increase them only a small amount each week. DON'T have an all or nothing, allow a little bit go give and take, make sure even on your bad weeks to do one work out. Remember that nobody is perfect.

Try to plan your week, when you will train and plan your eating for each day the night before!

Sorry for the long post, as I have said I am not a personal trainer, but do have a strong interest and have been through success and failure a few times (I've eaten my body weight in Easter eggs today, so have to get moving again -like I say, nobody's perfect )

or...you could just ask 1 of the trainers at the gym you go to ,to make up a programe for you? Its free.

glasgow

already had that with the glasgow club there not really that interested at the bella with what your looking to achieve

^On a side note have you tried the new place they have opened in the Bella with the punch bags etc,it's a mini circuit and you have to do an induction first.Im going to get an induction soon and get my arse back into circuit class

glasgow

I'll check it out tomorrow when am there to see wot time the classes are, we might end up teaming up lol x

By *lay_Mate_RequiredMan  over a year ago

eadt kilbride

Hello I am a gym, aerobics and NASM Certified Personal Trainer a few pointers if you looking shed some fat via cardio or weight training, then bin your scales as they the worst way of measuring fat loss, instead use a tape measure.

don't be put off using heavy weights you wont end up looking like schwarzenegger as you don't have the balls for it, literately! You need Testosterone to bulk up and as Testosterone is mainly produced in the testicles you will be fine.

change your training program every 3/4 weeks never let your body get used to a routine

"I'll check it out tomorrow when am there to see wot time the classes are, we might end up teaming up lol x "

I never made the circuit but will be going tomorrow..at least for a sauna/steam.

i am one what is it you are look do ??

[Removed by poster at 10/04/12 02:03:02]

"i am one what is it you are look to do ?? "

The best way to tone muscle and improve fitness is swimming. Followed closely by walking. It really depends on what you want to achieve. Running is good for stamina but swimming is best all round. Walking is better than running for tone but not for stamina.

I would say it is always good to look at diet if you feel overweight and/or unfit. Steer clear of vitamin tablets. Best to find it in the diet. Fruit and greens is wise policy. Cutting out late night eating and drinking more water always improves the fitness and tone.

People spend a lot of money for a personal trainer when all you need do is sensible stuff. Being more active physically along with good diet is a wise idea that saves a lot of money. I would say add some regular Sexercise into the mix and you got a great way to get fit, stay fit and toned

By *lay_Mate_RequiredMan  over a year ago

eadt kilbride

"The best way to tone muscle and improve fitness is swimming. Followed closely by walking.

swimming is best all round. Walking is better than running for tone

"

what information are you basing this on? because i know all of the above to be untrue.

» Add a new message to this topic