FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Non Bunny Ball

Non Bunny Ball

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hiya just wondering if anyone is in the same position as us ...paid for hotel in Fife for the bunny ball and intending to come over for a 'Non bunny ball' - would be great to pull together some plans...

kate xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lay_N_cum2Couple  over a year ago

Somewhere in Scotland

hi

yes there are a few who have booked hotels and will be using them we were thinking of meeting up 4 drinks if any1 is intrested or will we get the same support as the bunny ball pmfl

By *r D and Mrs LCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

"hi

yes there are a few who have booked hotels and will be using them we were thinking of meeting up 4 drinks if any1 is intrested or will we get the same support as the bunny ball pmfl "

Speaking of the bunny ball, shall we expect our money back any time soon?

By *bking1669Man  over a year ago

Dundee

Hi Aphrodite,

have a hotel booked and am meeting up with Mad cow so a few drinks pre- After 8 would be cool.

Somewhere in Scotland

regarding YOUR money back for the buny ball the ppl who asked for their money back got it the rest went to charity.

however if you would like a refund then feel free to let us know but we are sure your chq was distroyed

"regarding YOUR money back for the buny ball the ppl who asked for their money back got it the rest went to charity.

however if you would like a refund then feel free to let us know but we are sure your chq was distroyed "

hiya i was actually going to discuss repayment details with you at the weekend hun...i'll get my addy details to you asap

kate x

By *andj65Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"regarding YOUR money back for the buny ball the ppl who asked for their money back got it the rest went to charity.

however if you would like a refund then feel free to let us know but we are sure your chq was distroyed

hiya i was actually going to discuss repayment details with you at the weekend hun...i'll get my addy details to you asap

kate x"

Us also...

Jo..

Somewhere in Scotland

we did mail every who had paid over 4 weeks ago most got back to us we cant keep wating for ppl 2 get back to us or we could still be paying in december ffs

but heres the dwal you want you money back fine you can have it on sat this will be the cut off date

By *andj65Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"we did mail every who had paid over 4 weeks ago most got back to us we cant keep wating for ppl 2 get back to us or we could still be paying in december ffs

but heres the dwal you want you money back fine you can have it on sat this will be the cut off date "

We didnt get no mail tho Jim did fone you after you cancelled....

Dont know if we be ther sat but you have our addy anyways..

"we did mail every who had paid over 4 weeks ago most got back to us we cant keep wating for ppl 2 get back to us or we could still be paying in december ffs

but heres the dwal you want you money back fine you can have it on sat this will be the cut off date "

hi totally agree there shouldnt be an expectation for you to hold onto the money for eternity, but equally the ball itself was anticipated this weekend therefore i dont think it unreasonable for me to wait till then to discuss the matter with you.

as it happens i have weighed the additional costs of fuel etc to fife from glasgow against the already paid cost of £25 hotel room and have decided to not travel.

therefore i will email my address privately, bearing in mind i am one of the people who showed interest, committed and paid for the event.....it had my full support

Somewhere in Scotland

thats fine

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just my opinion, but as an event organiser you have a responsibility to the people that you organise events for, if you can not or will not go through with the event, then a refund is the least you can do.

If you can afford to run the event without selling / getting all the money from ticket sales, then you shouldnt really be putting them on, this will only put people off buying tickets to future events just in case they get cancelled.

Somewhere in Scotland

we contacked everone who paid their money and asked for their adderss most ppl got back to us telling us if they wanted their money back or to send it to a charity

as for running the social we have run more than a few and they have all been fine we had to cancell due to ppl not paying their money by the cut off date and we felt it was unfare to ask the ppl who had paid to pay more the venew hold 150 ppl and onlt 43 paid so plz get your facts right

By *avy42 n jazCouple  over a year ago

Ayr

atomicraven,

myself and jan run the ayrshire socials, we had put posts up who wants to come, over 130 people showed intrest,

so we booked a hall and had to pay up front for it, £150,00

plus pay for d,j

and food,

costs running up to nearly £500,

then people cancel and we were left with a big bill,

yes people should pay up front before anything is booked,

so i understand why bunny ball was cancelled,

not enough income to cover out goings due to people pulling out,

the ayrshire social still running, but if people cancell as they did in bunny ball this will be our last also

Somewhere in Scotland

thanks guys someone who knows wot its about

By *avy42 n jazCouple  over a year ago

Ayr

we defo know what its all about,

we try to keep the socials as low cost as possible, less cost for them more come,

but then some people saying cant make it a week before event thats not even paid,

makes us mad sometimes, but them that cancell and do not tell us or ignore us, we black mark them,

if you decide to run another social night, we would love to help you get it up n going with you

sorry, i know you dont know me, but please ... dont try and tell me how to organise events or what the costs etc are

I run an events company, i organise events for a living and yes, i have had to pay for the likes of the SECC upfront so know exactly what is involved when doing it. Its a risk you always take when you plan events, but i've certainly never cancelled an event because i didnt cover my own costs. At the end of the day, that would be my fault and not the fault of those that have paid for the space.

By *az n davy42Couple  over a year ago

Ayr

correct we do not know you, if you run an events company, for a company they will have insurance etc, people of the chat site do it at their own free will,

and do it for enjoyment of others and for meets not to make money like a company does,

so do not shoot down people if you know your self how hard things are to run,,,,

Davy

i've also run socials on this site, and havent sold enough tickets to cover all of the costs. And no, i didnt cancel those events either, i simply paid the difference myself. Its along the lines of taking responsibility for starting something and seeing it through.

Ayr

so gather you are working and can afford to pay out £500 plus if no one turns up that say there going.

End of day, people that say they are going, putting their names down on head count also have a responsibilty in paying up, not just the person organising it,

p,s, may i say i have never seen any of your social nights in forums or we may of come to them also,,, Davy

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

When I first started doing socials, I lost a helluva lot of money because of people not showing on the night.

As a single parent (at the time) and working part time this was a huge pill to swallow but I stuck at it and eventually managed to have successful nights.

For what it's worth, I've seen a couple of events that Atomic has run altho we weren't able to attend

Ayr

We are not having a go at anyone lil just feel that sometimes you have no option but to cancel. We nearly had to with the last ayrshire one but we did manage to raise enough to cover costs in the end.

As you will know we do this cause we want to make it a fun night for all and it is just more that costs etc are based on ppl paying up once they say they want to come and then let others down. But it is unfair to blame the ppl organising it if there is not enough interest in the end.

I'm sorry that you've never seen my socials, last one was october 2011 and the one before that was sept 2010, i always hold them in edinburgh.

Perhaps we should follow jacs and sioux's and roxys examples and start to organise FREE entry events and drinks nights for people. That way, once an event is organised, there is no fear of it being cancelled. As i personally would never sign up to an event, pay for a hotel, organise babysitters and buy outfits just to be told that it has been called off at the last minute.

Not wanting to add fuel to this but as someone who goes to most not all socials for folk to give anyone a hard time for cancelling a social due to folk not paying isn't right.why should anyone be out of pocket due to the fact they were only trying to orginize a fun night? Auds x

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Might be the end of the socials if folk try to organise and are let down by folk cancelling at the last minute without paying and leaving the organisers to foot the bill as a lot of ppl couldnt afford that sort of outlay.

My sympathies are with play here, we have been to a cpl of thier socialss and they were good nights.

Actually we now only go to certain folks socials that we know and trust.think too many try then realise its not easy try to cut corners and it ends up a riot

Ayr

we have done a few now and know it is not easy but we certainly dont try and cut corners but agree i think some ppl think it is all so easy. I could not go to them before cause of my dad but now i have the time to organise them and love doing so and seeing everyone enjoying themselves. We are getting to know the people who will always pay and those we have to chase and yep those we will not even talk about lol

"Not wanting to add fuel to this but as someone who goes to most not all socials for folk to give anyone a hard time for cancelling a social due to folk not paying isn't right.why should anyone be out of pocket due to the fact they were only trying to orginize a fun night? Auds x"

"Actually we now only go to certain folks socials that we know and trust.think too many try then realise its not easy try to cut corners and it ends up a riot "

By *uirkygirlCouple  over a year ago

Quirkyville

Im in agreement with the Bunny Ball being cancelled, I sure as hell wouldnt be willing or able to afford to cover the costs of people that had canceled and were not able to pay.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Wouldn't be much fun only having 40 odd people in a venue for 150.

Not much of a choice then about cancelling.

People should send a stamped addressed envelope in the event of it being cancelled so that cheques can be returned.

By *r D and Mrs LCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

however if you would like a refund then feel free to let us know but we are sure your chq was distroyed "

Actually you have cashed our cheque. We posted our cheque no. 000866 on the 12th of March which you cashed and left our account on the 15th of March. You then sent us a message telling us we were "very lucky" and got ticket number 26.

As for asking people to contact you regarding "THEIR MONEY", we never received any message from you and it seems we are not the only ones who did not receive that message.

As for donating "OUR" money to charity, you have no right to donate "OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY without their permission.

We are not into the habit of stirring things up or involve ourselves in arguements or shit throwing so we did not say anything or post anything in the forum and kept our contact with you private.

You however seem to be upset we mentioned "OUR" money so let us now say it for the record. WE DID MESSAGE YOU PRIVATELY THE SAME DAY YOU ANNOUNCED THE CANCELLATION OF THE BALL AND OFFERRED TO TAKE OVER IT WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR INVOLVEMENT AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MONEY AND NUMBERS. WE DID NOT RECEIVE A REPLY OR EVEN SO MUCH AS A COURTESY ACKNOWLEDGMENT ALTHOUGH YOU HAVE READ OUR MESSAGE STRAIGHT AWAY.

We did not persue it or push you because we thought you may have some personal reasons to not to want the ball to go ahead and it is your event after all and none of our business.

Have you really and seriously wanted it to go ahead, you could have let us take over it and take responsibility for it and for any money shortfall and the event would have gone ahead and all would have enjoyed it and no one would have lost money for hotel rooms they will not use.

and yes as an organiser, you have responsibility to others who made arrangements may be with work or

family, booked hotels and paid money. We thought about alternative venue but that means those who booked hotels would have to book again elsewhere and no use to them.

We feel that the ball could have gone ahead if you really wanted it to.

EVEN AT THIS STAGE, WE ARE STILL OPEN TO TAKING IT OVER AND COVER ANY SHORTFALL OF MONEY IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT IT GOING AHEAD.

As for OUR money, we are sending you our address and we expect OUR refund at the same speed we sent it to you, thank you.

"Not wanting to add fuel to this but as someone who goes to most not all socials for folk to give anyone a hard time for cancelling a social due to folk not paying isn't right.why should anyone be out of pocket due to the fact they were only trying to orginize a fun night? Auds x"

Well said

The above post is absolute slur on these good ppls names they have done social and balls before yous were even on here and for yous to slag them in an open forum makes yous seem nasty and vindictive,

Why didnt yous put it on here wen it got cancelled that yous wer willing to pay the shortfall or r yous doing it now to make urselfs look good.

Thats a lot of yous

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"Perhaps we should follow jacs and sioux's and roxys examples and start to organise FREE entry events and drinks nights for people."

Thanks Elle, stick my name down + 1

By *llyandjimCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

Anyway, getting back to the subject this thread started as, we've booked and paid for a hotel this Saturday so will be using it regardless. We'd be interested in meeting up if others are in same position.

I've paid £60 for two Kevin Bridges tickets,,how much was a ball ticket?

Was he playing at the Bunny Ball?

Naw, the,,, Alm,,, Ala,,,, offt forgot rite name of it myself,lol

We like Kevin Bridges, did he cancel a date then?

Added one,,,dunfermline, yonks away yet, start of december 2012.

Cool, cheers will google it. ta

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

what on in december

Its unfortunate that it got cancelled, for folks to take the time out to create such things is great, so so sooo many simply dont create them nor indeed make the effort to simply confirm they are attending them.

When you have the best intentions, the enthusiasm to make events like that happen, then watch it gradually become a chore/hard work then i totally understand the cancel option.

"Thats a lot of yous "

lol, love the use of non words

"The above post is absolute slur on these good ppls names "

Actually it's not if you read it properly.

happy our money went to charity

"happy our money went to charity "

Same here

By *1cebren4uWoman  over a year ago

clydebank

Actually there was a post about the ball being cancelled and Play n cum asking for ppl to mail them to advise them to mail them to either ask for the money to be returned or give it to charity.

Theres a saying that ppl have selective hearing well it seems to be like that in the forum where ppl have selective reading too lol ppl can read some post and not others.

I have known them for seven years or so and this post makes them look so bad like being crooks when all they have done in the past is arranged fabby evenings.

Why have ppl left it so long to moan and use a bit of discretion too mail the ppl instead of putting it up for a shitty debate in the forum.

Totally agree Brennie....

please note my original post was in relation to an alternative to the ball and anybody having plans....no mention of money refund or the cancellation of the original ball

x

By *llyandjimCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

We're going out regardless. Make the most of the hotel and hit the town

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

So who is up for meeting up for drinks and possibly head on to After8 in the evening?

By *untimes8Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 14/04/12 16:42:15]

By *ALKER33Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

See you at the after 8 mad

By *araidWoman  over a year ago

the west (ish)

"Thats a lot of yous "

I'll send in my sheepdog to round 'em up.

By *bking1669Man  over a year ago

Dundee

I was one of the "yous" and had a great time.

» Add a new message to this topic