FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Dundee Social May 2020

Dundee Social May 2020

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ncandilado OP   Couple  over a year ago

Dundee

Ultimate Uniforms Deuxième Partie!

Hello all you sexy fabbers

After many of you asking, and our disappointment at not being able to throw a Halloween social, we are super excited to announce we ARE hosting another Dundee Social on Saturday 16 May 2020!

Ultimate Uniforms Deuxième Partie! Part two! Our last 'Ultimate Uniforms' social was so good that we're doing it again and we can't wait to see you all in sexy uniforms! We'll have some great prizes for best dressed. Any uniform goes, or come as you like, fancy dress is always optional, but fun is not!

We've got a DJ for the night, a buffet and a private venue organised! All you have to do is come and mingle with friendly, like minded people from all over Scotland.

This will be a 'no play' social event in the centre of Dundee, close to the train station, the bus station, and several nice hotels.

We like a good mix of males, females and couples so will be limiting the number of single guys to match the number of single females. You must also be a verified member of fab.

All proceeds, and donations on the night, will raise money for Marie Curie, a charity very close to our hearts.

A non refundable payment of £15 per person is required to secure your place on the guest list, you will not be added to the list until payment is received.

So if you'd love a great night out with lots of fun, flirting, frolicking and meeting fab friends message us for payment details.

We can't wait to do it all again, let's have another fabulous night!

Kat & Geo xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oney4uCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 12/01/20 12:42:59]

Glasgow

Count us in. Xx

By *awaiianguyMan  over a year ago

East Ayrshire

Never been to a social in Dundee, and would love to come along

By *undeeSingleMan  over a year ago

Dundee

Count me in as always.

By *heSofaDestroyersCouple  over a year ago

HereAndThere

Hey guys pop us down

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can we be added too please? Sounds great!

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

Add us to the list please (his vixen at play)

Dundee

"Count us in. Xx"

Well it wouldn't be happening without you guys

Dundee

[Removed by poster at 12/01/20 15:54:12]

Dundee

Thank you everyone for your interest, we're sending out payment details to you all.

K & G x

By *orfarCoupleCouple  over a year ago

aberdeen

Send us details. Please. Xx

By *ab timeWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

Count me in

By *unswingcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Arbroath

Count us in

Definitely interested x

Hello there, I am fairly newish, I would be interested in attending your social event. I haven't spoke with you guys before but I do post on the forums from time to time. Thanks in anticipation xx

Dundee

Messaged you all, lots of interest already! Very exciting xxx

By *irdie972Man  over a year ago

forfar

Send me details please

Hi. I'd love to come along to the event so if you could send me details I can secure my place.

Would love to come along x

By *urxxMan  over a year ago

montrose

Hi,very interested in going to a Dundee social again,could you send details plz,,

Dundee

[Removed by poster at 12/01/20 19:47:38]

By *akemepurrWoman  over a year ago

Fife

I’m up for it! Xx

I really wanna say yes but last time has left me a little apprehensive if I'm totally honest

"I really wanna say yes but last time has left me a little apprehensive if I'm totally honest"

Can you explain why?

Dundee

Please let us know what is making you apprehensive as we would like the opportunity to put your mind at ease.

Thanks

K & G x

We'd be interested in coming along

"Please let us know what is making you apprehensive as we would like the opportunity to put your mind at ease.

Thanks

K & G x"

Just the expense of the last one I had hotel and childcare etc all booked for months in advance and coming from Greenock was a fair trek and it was a bit last minute to cancel, don't get me wrong was great that someone organised a last minute get together but when you've really been looking forward to. Something for months the while weekend ended up being a total letdown for me

By *attooed gentMan  over a year ago

anywhere everywhere

"Please let us know what is making you apprehensive as we would like the opportunity to put your mind at ease.

Thanks

K & G x

Just the expense of the last one I had hotel and childcare etc all booked for months in advance and coming from Greenock was a fair trek and it was a bit last minute to cancel, don't get me wrong was great that someone organised a last minute get together but when you've really been looking forward to. Something for months the while weekend ended up being a total letdown for me

"

You won’t be in Scotland this weekend anyway you’re away to the nw200 for the week

Dundee

Thanks

K & G x

"

Thank you for getting back to us and we're really sorry this happened to you and we couldn't go ahead with the previous social.

On reflection it looks like our Halloween Social thread wasn't clear enough, it was meant to be a gauging interest thread because at no point had we ever booked a venue or confirmed the event or asked anyone for payment. Yes it was a late decision not to go ahead but we couldn't because we didn't have a venue. Sorry we didn't realise you had made such detailed plans, we wouldn't ask anyone for payment or to make plans unless we have confirmed it's going ahead.

On this occasion we are happy to confirm we do have a venue booked and the social will be going ahead, payment messages are going out to those putting their names down and quite a few people have paid and are confirmed on the guest list already.

We hope this reassures you this is definitely going ahead and we're sorry for your previous experience.

K & G x

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Sounds good but need to check with friends as have a few gigs over the next few months and can’t remember the dates

Hopefully I’m free as haven’t been to dundee for a while!!

By *ottieBBWWoman  over a year ago

West of Scotland

I would be interested in coming along too x

Hey, count me in please. I've never been before but would love to. X

By *ac a feeCouple  over a year ago

dundee

on way back from Newcastle , will be checking works diary once home

By *ornyhousewifedundeeWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

Place secured and I’m looking forward to it.

Thanks

K & G x

Thank you for getting back to us and we're really sorry this happened to you and we couldn't go ahead with the previous social.

On reflection it looks like our Halloween Social thread wasn't clear enough, it was meant to be a gauging interest thread because at no point had we ever booked a venue or confirmed the event or asked anyone for payment. Yes it was a late decision not to go ahead but we couldn't because we didn't have a venue. Sorry we didn't realise you had made such detailed plans, we wouldn't ask anyone for payment or to make plans unless we have confirmed it's going ahead.

On this occasion we are happy to confirm we do have a venue booked and the social will be going ahead, payment messages are going out to those putting their names down and quite a few people have paid and are confirmed on the guest list already.

We hope this reassures you this is definitely going ahead and we're sorry for your previous experience.

K & G x"

I did pay deposit for it along with others and my deposit was returned on the day before you cancelled it on the forum

By *irdie972Man  over a year ago

forfar

Deposit paid, first social so bit nervous and wondering if anyone up for meeting socially before the day or earlier on that night before going along so don’t have to walk in myself or be sitting at bar myself??

Sounds great. I’d be up fo that again

Dundee

"Deposit paid, first social so bit nervous and wondering if anyone up for meeting socially before the day or earlier on that night before going along so don’t have to walk in myself or be sitting at bar myself?? "

I always arrange a presocial drinks just for this very reason. I will put info in here a bit closer to the time.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Fife

Thanks

K & G x

K & G x"

To be fair you did take deposits and also stated in a forum post a month or so beforehand that even although you were still working on a venue people should get prepared for it to go ahead then didn’t post up for a while.

By *anTouchThisCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

We're in, just need to decide which uniforms to wear.

Dundee

Can we please stick to the facts, it's very important people know the truth.

We only ever received ONE payment and we never asked that person to make a payment, or sent any payment details to them. In fact those posting on the forum were specifically told we will not be sending out payment details until the venue is confirmed. This payment was refunded before we announced that we regrettably could not secure a venue.

An update in the post 10 weeks prior to the proposed event stated "we'll try our very best to sort a venue this week so you can all go ahead and start getting ready for the social". Now this definitely could have been worded better, we meant once a venue is sorted THEN you can all start getting ready for the social. Poor wording on my behalf. We would never ask for money or for people to book things without having a venue confirmed.

At the end of the day we're just trying to get a lot of awesome and like minded people together to have a great night, it takes a lot of time and planning, but we love doing it just so everyone can have fun and money is raised for a great cause. There was absolutely no intention for anyone to loose out on anything and bringing it up now on a thread about a new social can have such a negative impact on making this night successful.

Fortunately we have a great track record of managing the socials and hundreds have kindly supported them and continue to do so, as do the wonderful new people that attend. They all know we are genuine honest people that are just doing our best. We are not to blame if someone takes it upon themselves to make plans and payment for an event that has not yet been confirmed. Even though this is the case we still feel bad about it and have apologised.

If anyone has any doubts or queries please pm us directly, so we can allow this thread to be about the upcoming social.

We are very much looking forward to organising another event and hope you are all looking forward to the night!

Thanks

Kat xxx

By *40ffCouple  over a year ago

lala land

Depending on date of my exams we would definitely be interested in attending xx

By *ogue78Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I would be very interested.

Visit Dundee a lot due to my son being there, so could easily stay for a party ??

By *stlookinWoman  over a year ago

Perth

[Removed by poster at 14/01/20 14:33:01]

By *stlookinWoman  over a year ago

Perth

Thanks

K & G x

K & G x

To be fair you did take deposits and also stated in a forum post a month or so beforehand that even although you were still working on a venue people should get prepared for it to go ahead then didn’t post up for a while.

"

This was indeed the case Tands the OP then disappeared for weeks giving no information until the event was cancelled very last minute after people had booked time off, accommodation etc etc

Dundee

I've been to quite a few socials organised by the OPs, and I can vouch that they are honest people just trying to give others an opportunity to meet and have fun.

It was unfortunate that the last social had venue issues leading to its cancellation and I am not put off attending other events organised by them. As Kat has stated, perhaps the communication could have been clearer and they have apologised for that, plus any hassle caused. No one was defrauded or misled in any way.

I'm looking forward to this night, and obviously those who are unhappy about last time are not obliged to attend.

Have been lucky enough to have been involved with a few socials organised by OP.

Don’t believe they tried to dupe anyone and it was unfortunate that the last social had some issues.

If you don’t trust them then quite simple. Don’t get involved with this social!!!

We've paid our deposit and very much looking forward to the event. Thanks very much for organising

I can see why some are apprehensive given the last non social.suppose proof is in this social being a success then maybe on after in the future.

Good luck

Dundee

Know the OP from many of their previous socials and really looking forward to another good night.

We would definitely be interested x

I've paid my deposit and I'm very much looking forward to my first ever social. I'm a little nervous but I'm sure once im there my nerves will go quickly. X

Dundee

"I've paid my deposit and I'm very much looking forward to my first ever social. I'm a little nervous but I'm sure once im there my nerves will go quickly. X"

If you feel nervous about going into social alone i will be organising my usual presocial drinks. Give you chance to meet a few folks before hand.

By *heSofaDestroyersCouple  over a year ago

HereAndThere

"I've paid my deposit and I'm very much looking forward to my first ever social. I'm a little nervous but I'm sure once im there my nerves will go quickly. X

If you feel nervous about going into social alone i will be organising my usual presocial drinks. Give you chance to meet a few folks before hand."

We get nervous too

"I've paid my deposit and I'm very much looking forward to my first ever social. I'm a little nervous but I'm sure once im there my nerves will go quickly. X

If you feel nervous about going into social alone i will be organising my usual presocial drinks. Give you chance to meet a few folks before hand.

We get nervous too "

I guess most people will get nervous, good nerves though and yeah if there is away for me to meet up for pre drinks first then I'm in for that too. X

I'm interested in this, be lovely to meet old and new friends

I would be interested in coming along..

Dundee

We've sent payment details to everyone who has expressed an interest.

Thanks to everyone who has already paid, you are on the guest list!

It looks like it's going to be another fabulous night.

Thank you all for your support!!

Dundee

Will get my payment sent over next week when I get paid.

Dundee

"Will get my payment sent over next week when I get paid."

That's absolutely fine. We know you're good for it!

Dundee

"Will get my payment sent over next week when I get paid.

That's absolutely fine. We know you're good for it! "

What about my payment though lol

By *icole.TV/TS  over a year ago

Paisley

Hello, I'm interested in coming along again xx

By *e_frenchMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Hi guys,

I would love to attend it.

Can you count me in?

X

We'd like to come along as well

Investigating the logistics off this, would love to come along

By *3xypair4lotsoffunCouple  over a year ago

Tayside

We are interested in coming x

Dundee

"Investigating the logistics off this, would love to come along "

You are welcome to join us but you will need to message us so that we can send you the payment details as we are out of your age range and can't message you.

"Investigating the logistics off this, would love to come along

You are welcome to join us but you will need to message us so that we can send you the payment details as we are out of your age range and can't message you. "

I will message once I have checked out if I can realistically attend due hotel/ travel costs and confidence, lol

I went to my first social on my own and was also very optimistic. 8 met some lovely people and everyone was so welcoming! I'd reccomended just coming along! xx

Dundee

"I went to my first social on my own and was also very optimistic. 8 met some lovely people and everyone was so welcoming! I'd reccomended just coming along! xx "

This is lovely to hear and great of you to say so. Everyone who attends is just so friendly and welcoming. And there's always pre-social drinks organised by Dundee Single, for those that want to get together before hand xxx

Dundee

"I went to my first social on my own and was also very optimistic. 8 met some lovely people and everyone was so welcoming! I'd reccomended just coming along! xx

This is lovely to hear and great of you to say so. Everyone who attends is just so friendly and welcoming. And there's always pre-social drinks organised by Dundee Single, for those that want to get together before hand xxx "

The last social was the very first one I’d been to. I was really scared, almost to the point I didn’t go. But I went to the pre drinks and everyone made me feel welcome and it turned out a good night.

Dundee

"I went to my first social on my own and was also very optimistic. 8 met some lovely people and everyone was so welcoming! I'd reccomended just coming along! xx

This is lovely to hear and great of you to say so. Everyone who attends is just so friendly and welcoming. And there's always pre-social drinks organised by Dundee Single, for those that want to get together before hand xxx "

Yeah I will be organising the normal pre-drinks. Closer to event i will start up a thread for this.

dundee

cannot confirm until mid March..

Dundee

This is lovely to hear and great of you to say so. Everyone who attends is just so friendly and welcoming. And there's always pre-social drinks organised by Dundee Single, for those that want to get together before hand xxx

The last social was the very first one I’d been to. I was really scared, almost to the point I didn’t go. But I went to the pre drinks and everyone made me feel welcome and it turned out a good night. "

Except for trying to knock yourself out with a bottle of wine.

Dundee

The last social was the very first one I’d been to. I was really scared, almost to the point I didn’t go. But I went to the pre drinks and everyone made me feel welcome and it turned out a good night.

Except for trying to knock yourself out with a bottle of wine."

Haha, yeas that was rather awkward, was really sore too. But saved the wine and didn’t get a black eye. I’ll just hold onto you the next time

Dundee

"cannot confirm until mid March.."

That's fine. Plenty of time and we'll let you know when we get near capacity for the venue.

By *quire12Man  over a year ago

Blairgowrie Scotland

Cheers Kat and Geo, paid, thanks for the confirmation and thanks for organising another bound to be great event.

We are looking forward to it.

dundee

thanks , gives time after hols to sort out shifts

By *ail_forceTV/TS  over a year ago

Dundee

im in, any excuse for a party xx

Dundee

We'll get ours paid on payday, think we may have decided on costumes

Paid

By *northodox LoversCouple  over a year ago

West Lothian

We would be interested depending on the date

Glasgow

"We would be interested depending on the date "

The date is the post at the top.

By *irigramCouple  over a year ago

glenrothes

Hi we are interested. Can you put our names down please? X

By *eather47Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Right i gonna be at this one head all clear now big black cloud away put me down for a plus one as well xxxx

Dundee

"Hi we are interested. Can you put our names down please? X"

Absolutely! We'll send the payment details shortly.

Can you please send us the payment details ??

Dundee

"Can you please send us the payment details ??"

Absolutely! We'll be sending another batch out shortly.

[Removed by poster at 09/02/20 02:45:24]

Can I put my name down ?

Put us down as well x

Is there still spaces for single guys as I'd love to attend

"Is there still spaces for single guys as I'd love to attend"

Just to add, if theres any single ladies going that like me hasnt been to a social and wants someone to meet and go in with then I'd be happy to do that. Be easier for both so to speak.

Dundee

"Is there still spaces for single guys as I'd love to attend

Just to add, if theres any single ladies going that like me hasnt been to a social and wants someone to meet and go in with then I'd be happy to do that. Be easier for both so to speak."

There will be predrinks open to all for this very reason.

"Is there still spaces for single guys as I'd love to attend

Just to add, if theres any single ladies going that like me hasnt been to a social and wants someone to meet and go in with then I'd be happy to do that. Be easier for both so to speak.

There will be predrinks open to all for this very reason."

Perfect thankyou!!

Payment sent and looking forward

Interested single guy here was at one about a year ago loved it. Please let me know

Dundee

"Interested single guy here was at one about a year ago loved it. Please let me know "

We've sent you the payment details.

Dundee

3 months until this event and the guest list is filling up nicely!

By *ighlandballsMan  over a year ago

Tayside

Please put my name down for social

Dundee

"3 months until this event and the guest list is filling up nicely! "

Heres looking to a fun evening then. Will there be discounted entry to Kudos afterwards?

Dundee

Will send our payment today!

Dundee

Already been looking for outfit ideas. Looking forward to it.

By *erthguy39Man  over a year ago

Perth

[Removed by poster at 20/02/20 12:45:31]

By *erthguy39Man  over a year ago

Perth

Anyone who attends the social will receive discounted entry to kudos. We will be open until 3am.

Anyone got their outfit sorted yet xx

"Anyone got their outfit sorted yet xx "

Yeah, we have something in mind x

Dundee

Have a couple ideas in mind.

Payment will be sent on Wednesday and I have an idea what to wear

I better get the thinking cap on. And I won't woose out this time on wearing it yous all looked smoking at the last Dundee social ultimate uniform night!!

By *ound for poundMan  over a year ago

Dundee

Any space left for single guys?

By *heonix316Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Looking forward to this, now to start the Uniform hunt xx

We've got ours. Just got to get a couple of extras

Hi there

I’d be interested in coming along if you’re still taking names. I will send a PM due to filters

I’m in uniform every day at work so don’t think me turning up in mine will be much fun for me lol

Will be coming myself from Aberdeen so would be good to maybe meet up beforehand as I don’t know Dundee very well xx

Dundee

"Hi there

I’d be interested in coming along if you’re still taking names. I will send a PM due to filters

I’m in uniform every day at work so don’t think me turning up in mine will be much fun for me lol

Will be coming myself from Aberdeen so would be good to maybe meet up beforehand as I don’t know Dundee very well xx "

A regular ‘friend’ of mine organises pre drinks before hand in a local bar. Info of that will be posted nearer time. It’s good for breaking ice before heading to the social

Dundee

Christ, better get organised with costuming!

Never been to a meet yet but would love to come

Dundee

Just a wee update regarding the current coronavirus situation.

At present the social is definitely going ahead.

As we don't know what the future holds, and it may be out of our control, we have taken the decision to make your payment REFUNDABLE, should we be forced to cancel the event.

We will be closely following government guidelines, and our venue's policies, and should it not be possible to hold the social we will then provide the refund.

We hope this assures you all that if the worst case scenario happens you will not be out of pocket. Please note a lot of hotels in Dundee are also offering new refund policies for existing and new bookings to give guests flexibility.

If you have not yet booked or paid please be assured your payment is refundable should the event not be able to go ahead.

At present we are very hopeful the situation will be more positive by the time the social comes around.

Please do not hesitate to pm us with any questions.

In the meantime keep well and keep your hands clean

Love

K & G xxx

Glasgow

Thanks for the p date i was going to book a hotel at the end of this month but not to sure ifi would get my money back if the event didnt take place so i will just wait and see

Glasgow

meant the up date

"Thanks for the p date i was going to book a hotel at the end of this month but not to sure ifi would get my money back if the event didnt take place so i will just wait and see "

I’ve booked mine to pay on arrival as I’m not 100% sure yet that I’ve got the nerve to come on my own so that way I don’t lose out xx

Dundee

"Thanks for the p date i was going to book a hotel at the end of this month but not to sure ifi would get my money back if the event didnt take place so i will just wait and see

I’ve booked mine to pay on arrival as I’m not 100% sure yet that I’ve got the nerve to come on my own so that way I don’t lose out xx "

If you join us for predrinks you wont be on your own.

Dundee

What’s the thinking on this being cancelled now and postponed to later in the year? Can’t think it’s all going to be back to normal for the original May date.

Dundee

Like everyone else in the UK right now, we are unsure what the next few months will bring and hope that all of our fab friends are safe and well at this difficult time.

It looks highly unlikely that any of us will be meeting or socialising anytime soon and the social event planned for Saturday 16 May will NOT be going ahead.

We are facing the possibility of limited movement across the UK for several months and think the earliest that we should consider for an alternative date is September.

Another Halloween Social in October is probably the best option.

We are hoping that the venue will allow us to move the date, rather than cancel the booking, so that we don't lose the deposit.

In the meantime, we can either refund your payment or hold it as your payment for the next event.

If you have already paid, please let us know if you would like a refund and we'll get it to you as soon as we can.

Thanks for your support and understanding and we hope that we are in a position to announce an alternative date in the near future.

Stay safe!

Kat & Geo xx

Dundee

Sorry it’s had to be called off but much safer too. Look forward to hearing about a rescheduled date. If I can ask for my deposit to be refunded please.

dundee

"Like everyone else in the UK right now, we are unsure what the next few months will bring and hope that all of our fab friends are safe and well at this difficult time.

It looks highly unlikely that any of us will be meeting or socialising anytime soon and the social event planned for Saturday 16 May will NOT be going ahead.

We are facing the possibility of limited movement across the UK for several months and think the earliest that we should consider for an alternative date is September.

Another Halloween Social in October is probably the best option.

We are hoping that the venue will allow us to move the date, rather than cancel the booking, so that we don't lose the deposit.

In the meantime, we can either refund your payment or hold it as your payment for the next event.

If you have already paid, please let us know if you would like a refund and we'll get it to you as soon as we can.

Thanks for your support and understanding and we hope that we are in a position to announce an alternative date in the near future.

Stay safe!

Kat & Geo xx

"

By *urvy ChloeWoman  over a year ago

Angus

How can you be sure we will be out of lockdown by then?! Even if we are, a large social gathering wouldn’t be very sensible....

Hi sorry for the delay in replying but we were hoping for some news on this lockdown relaxing. Hope everyone is keeping well. What do you think the chances of the Halloween meeting going ahead? Would we best just get our deposit back and pay for the next social if/when it finally happens?

I'll just wait and see what transpires with regards to the Covid situation guidelines and decide at a later date about refund ect.

Things looking for the social ?? Pubs opening on Wednesday

Dundee

"Things looking for the social ?? Pubs opening on Wednesday "

That doesn't mean that mass gatherings can go ahead

Dundee

Hi Everyone

Firstly we hope you have all been keeping safe and well!

We have taken the decision to not go ahead with Social. We don't see it being likely that large events will be able to go ahead any time soon and with social distancing measurements required it would be impossible to hold a safe social.

Today we have refunded everyone's payment, as we don't want to hold on to it with no date for the future.

For the time being we are not thinking of organising any events until circumstances improve regarding covid, and goodness knows when that will be.

If you have any questions or there are any issues with your refund please pm us. We've not been on fab much lately because we are not meeting but we will be keeping an eye out for your messages.

We've absolutely cherished your support for the event and do hope we can all meet up sometime next year!

Take care and stay safe

Kat & Geo

Xxx

Dundee

"Hi Everyone

Firstly we hope you have all been keeping safe and well!

We have taken the decision to not go ahead with Social. We don't see it being likely that large events will be able to go ahead any time soon and with social distancing measurements required it would be impossible to hold a safe social.

Today we have refunded everyone's payment, as we don't want to hold on to it with no date for the future.

For the time being we are not thinking of organising any events until circumstances improve regarding covid, and goodness knows when that will be.

If you have any questions or there are any issues with your refund please pm us. We've not been on fab much lately because we are not meeting but we will be keeping an eye out for your messages.

We've absolutely cherished your support for the event and do hope we can all meet up sometime next year!

Take care and stay safe

Kat & Geo

Xxx"

Magic, received and thanks. Sad it's not going ahead but the sensible decision given the circumstances. Looking forward to the next one!

Money received thanks. Hopefully things will settle down soon Stay safe x

» Add a new message to this topic