FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Hotel Meets - who pays/offers?

Hotel Meets - who pays/offers?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So just something I’ve been thinking about recently. I prefer hotel meets cause they’re safer and most people prefer them. Now, normally I’d offer to pay, but sometimes whoever you’re meeting offers to split costs. What’s your experiences with regards to this? Do you offer? What’s the situation with couples - would a single m/f think it’s a bit weird if a couple asks them to pay? And if it’s an already booked hotel room, do you offer to maybe give the person who paid cash for costs? Just wondering - would love to hear thoughts.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"So just something I’ve been thinking about recently. I prefer hotel meets cause they’re safer and most people prefer them. Now, normally I’d offer to pay, but sometimes whoever you’re meeting offers to split costs. What’s your experiences with regards to this? Do you offer? What’s the situation with couples - would a single m/f think it’s a bit weird if a couple asks them to pay? And if it’s an already booked hotel room, do you offer to maybe give the person who paid cash for costs? Just wondering - would love to hear thoughts. "
I always either pay half of the room or if its someone Ive arranged to meet again then Sometimes pay the full cost and they pay for the room the next time around

what if it’s just a one off?

"So just something I’ve been thinking about recently. I prefer hotel meets cause they’re safer and most people prefer them. Now, normally I’d offer to pay, but sometimes whoever you’re meeting offers to split costs. What’s your experiences with regards to this? Do you offer? What’s the situation with couples - would a single m/f think it’s a bit weird if a couple asks them to pay? And if it’s an already booked hotel room, do you offer to maybe give the person who paid cash for costs? Just wondering - would love to hear thoughts. I always either pay half of the room or if its someone Ive arranged to meet again then Sometimes pay the full cost and they pay for the room the next time around "

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"what if it’s just a one off?

So just something I’ve been thinking about recently. I prefer hotel meets cause they’re safer and most people prefer them. Now, normally I’d offer to pay, but sometimes whoever you’re meeting offers to split costs. What’s your experiences with regards to this? Do you offer? What’s the situation with couples - would a single m/f think it’s a bit weird if a couple asks them to pay? And if it’s an already booked hotel room, do you offer to maybe give the person who paid cash for costs? Just wondering - would love to hear thoughts. I always either pay half of the room or if its someone Ive arranged to meet again then Sometimes pay the full cost and they pay for the room the next time around "

Communication before hand might be a good idea.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Iv paid.

Iv paid half

And someone else has paid lol

That’s true. However when it’s with a couple who’s already booked the room - and say No need for cash, I feel super weird not offering something at least? I was thinking of turning up with a bottle of wine but that sounded super cheesy.

what would be your preference?

"Iv paid.

Iv paid half

And someone else has paid lol "

"That’s true. However when it’s with a couple who’s already booked the room - and say No need for cash, I feel super weird not offering something at least? I was thinking of turning up with a bottle of wine but that sounded super cheesy. "
if you have offered and they have refuse perhaps if all goes well and you've spoke about meeting again offer to book the room next time ?

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

I'd say it's etiquette for the person who brings up where to meet to pay, if I suggest a hotel then I should pay, it would be totally unfair for me to say "let's meet in a hotel, and you've got the bill btw"

In regards to your situation I'd say honestly just offer to pay next time or take them to the hotel bar and buy them a drink

fair enough.

as a couple would you find it rude if a guy/girl does not offer, ever? - even if you’re the one to suggest?

"I'd say it's etiquette for the person who brings up where to meet to pay, if I suggest a hotel then I should pay, it would be totally unfair for me to say "let's meet in a hotel, and you've got the bill btw"

In regards to your situation I'd say honestly just offer to pay next time or take them to the hotel bar and buy them a drink "

The guy always pays...no matter who has suggested it, it's common courtesy that the man should pay for everything unless and this bit is important you both decide to go halves.

I've never let a date pay for anything and never would expect her to do either.

By *bwlookingforfunWoman  over a year ago

crawley

If someone travels longer distance, I cover the hotel.

If we meet as regular I pay my half.

I do all reservations due to personal reasons and pay up front, and many guys magicly forgot they have to pay own half, so many times I covered full cost.

If I was invited over, I wouldn't probably pay,and I wouldn't expect someone to pay if I arranged last minute meet.

"The guy always pays...no matter who has suggested it, it's common courtesy that the man should pay for everything unless and this bit is important you both decide to go halves.

I've never let a date pay for anything and never would expect her to do either."

but this isnt dating its swinging

mhm. I see. do you feel the same if you were meeting a couple, as a single guy?

"The guy always pays...no matter who has suggested it, it's common courtesy that the man should pay for everything unless and this bit is important you both decide to go halves.

I've never let a date pay for anything and never would expect her to do either."

fair enough. sounds sensible. so you ever remind the guys about thier other half? just curious.

By *cottish30Man  over a year ago

aberdeen

I always pay the room as it's me that offers to travel for a meet so if I dont travel then there would be no meet so I just pay hotel and make an overnight stay although so many folk say oh you cant travel that far,why not? It's not like I'm walking there!

I've never let a date pay for anything and never would expect her to do either.but this isnt dating its swinging "

For me it shouldn't matter what the occasion is or where it's held the gent should still pay

I've never let a date pay for anything and never would expect her to do either.but this isnt dating its swinging

For me it shouldn't matter what the occasion is or where it's held the gent should still pay "

fair enough if you are happy to do that

"mhm. I see. do you feel the same if you were meeting a couple, as a single guy?

The guy always pays...no matter who has suggested it, it's common courtesy that the man should pay for everything unless and this bit is important you both decide to go halves.

I've only ever met 2 couples on here but both and both times they where at home or in a pub/bar, I don't meet couples now would never have to think about your question.

I suppose it's down to communication prior to meeting in a hotel.

fair enough. sounds sensible. so you ever remind the guys about thier other half? just curious.

"If someone travels longer distance, I cover the hotel.

I do all reservations due to personal reasons and pay up front, and many guys magicly forgot they have to pay own half, so many times I covered full cost.

If I was invited over, I wouldn't probably pay,and I wouldn't expect someone to pay if I arranged last minute meet. "

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"That’s true. However when it’s with a couple who’s already booked the room - and say No need for cash, I feel super weird not offering something at least? I was thinking of turning up with a bottle of wine but that sounded super cheesy. "

If they're booked in anyway, don't feel bad about taking up their offer. Maybe bring a nice bottle of fizz or something. That's always a nice gesture x

If with a cpl , they might have made a day/ night of it and will be staying overnight ?? And that’s why they might refuse any payment ?

Still it will prob be noted you are decent and offered to go half

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

think it all depends on the dynamics of your arrangement.

I would probably book/pay myself if i was travelling a long distance just so i'm not stranded.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

so wrong cant even be bothered saying why

If the guy wants to pay i at least offer half.

Some take it.some wont.

If I'm meeting with my husband we pay for the hotel as more often than not we will stay there after the meet anyway.

You do whatever you are comfortable with but if the cpl asked you then they should pay as they prob staying over anyway.

Have a good meet when it happens tho

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

If we had a hotel booked and invited someone over we would not accept any money

Hehe "date"

By *eviantgent79Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

We are normally booked in to stay for another reason, so wouldn't expect anyone to contribute to our trip..a drink or two may be appreciated though Also if the room is yours, and you have paid the bill, it does make it easier to deal with any unforeseen circumstances..and security are working for you should they be needed, not that we have ever experienced such a need, but have met a few who have.

By *igs72Man  over a year ago

motherwell

My preference is to meet in a hotel as neutral ground and always a bar to meet up first if required.

As I prefer this and arrange I would automatically pay and would not ask for a contribution.

Booking a room for Saturday night if anyone interested !!

I'd expect to pay half of it, unless I already had it booked for another reason, then I'd just pay it.

But I guess it's something you'd need to discuss beforehand.

L x

Always half. I wouldn't like to feel I owe someone anything

As a couple if we invite someone to meet us a hotel we would pay . Would never expect anyone to pay towards the hotel as we would be staying over anyway .x

By *xXgemmaXxXCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

As a couple who have invited a couple of single guys to hotel meets we wouldn’t expect our guest to contribute anything towards our hotel stay and we definitely wouldn’t think them rude for not offering.

By *arroness NikkiWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I don’t mind paying half. Just depends on situation tbh x

Iv always paid as I m the one travelling plus I prefer to choose something pretty decent. They have offered sometimes and I have refused every time so they have paid for food usually.

By *bwlookingforfunWoman  over a year ago

crawley

"fair enough. sounds sensible. so you ever remind the guys about thier other half? just curious.

If someone travels longer distance, I cover the hotel.

If I was invited over, I wouldn't probably pay,and I wouldn't expect someone to pay if I arranged last minute meet. "

I'm not there to chaise the money. I most likely won't meet them again. If we agreed before meeting we go 50/50, I would make sure I do what I promised.

By *ebmarMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

When I suggest a hotel meet, I expect to pay for it in full and I will not accept to split the bill, unless I feel that it makes the lady uncomfortable. If I'm invited to have a hotel meet, then I'll offer to pay half or buy dinner or drinks ... something like that.

It all depends on the people. I'm easy so with a bit of good communication, we can always sort something that is good for both and focus on what is important - a good time

» Add a new message to this topic