FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Mystery

Mystery

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone know why, when you do a washing with a duvet cover in it ALL the washing ends up IN the duvet????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ibiJayMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Because the washing machine abruptly switches direction causing things to fall inside.

I only ever wash the duvet by itself to make sure everything is cleaned properly

"Because the washing machine abruptly switches direction causing things to fall inside.

I only ever wash the duvet by itself to make sure everything is cleaned properly "

Hmmmm not sure that quite explains it to me but it might have something to do with it I guess, thanks!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Does anyone know why, when you do a washing with a duvet cover in it ALL the washing ends up IN the duvet????

"

You will be awash with replies on this question I think.

Let's hope it doesn't get you into soapy bubbles.

"Does anyone know why, when you do a washing with a duvet cover in it ALL the washing ends up IN the duvet????

"

If your duvet cover has buttons or similar you need to do them up before putting it inside otherwise yes all the laundry goes inside: easy solution to the problem, unless is is IKEA and the just have an opening

You're meant to wash them..? I just buy a new one....

You will be awash with replies on this question I think.

Let's hope it doesn't get you into soapy bubbles. "

(I see what you did there)

If your duvet cover has buttons or similar you need to do them up before putting it inside otherwise yes all the laundry goes inside: easy solution to the problem, unless is is IKEA and the just have an opening "

I am way to busy to go buttoning up and rebuttoning up buttons and the like lol... plus I want the SCIENCE of why it happens

"You're meant to wash them..? I just buy a new one.... "

I like you're logic madam

ooops your*

"

It's Science

It's Science "

You're a doctor?? That's IT

I can see the writing on the gravestone now.

Here lies Stephen Hawking, he unravelled some of the greatest mysteries of the universe but died unable to explain why clothes end up inside a duvet during the washing cycle. RIP Stephen Hawking.

It'll be that centrifugal force or summat.....

"I can see the writing on the gravestone now.

Here lies Stephen Hawking, he unravelled some of the greatest mysteries of the universe but died unable to explain why clothes end up inside a duvet during the washing cycle. RIP Stephen Hawking. "

Sometimes the theory that applies to everyday things also applies to complex things yanno I bet Stephen Hawking knew though lol

"It'll be that centrifugal force or summat..... "

there's no mushroom for that in the machine though

Here lies Stephen Hawking, he unravelled some of the greatest mysteries of the universe but died unable to explain why clothes end up inside a duvet during the washing cycle. RIP Stephen Hawking.

Sometimes the theory that applies to everyday things also applies to complex things yanno I bet Stephen Hawking knew though lol "

Your probably right, he figured it out the same day he watched a few good men and thought,

You want the truth, you can't handle the truth, so here you are in the forums seeking the truth.

OK I'm making a clean break from this thread now I have an Ariel to install.

Ahh you know what I'm just gonna comfort myself with a duvet day.

Sometimes the theory that applies to everyday things also applies to complex things yanno I bet Stephen Hawking knew though lol

Your probably right, he figured it out the same day he watched a few good men and thought,

You want the truth, you can't handle the truth, so here you are in the forums seeking the truth.

OK I'm making a clean break from this thread now I have an Ariel to install.

Ahh you know what I'm just gonna comfort myself with a duvet day. "

LOL but are you INSIDE the duvet

Ok you're all a bit right - according to Job Bouwman, PhD candidate on physics of medical imaging,

Answer:

Due to the left-and-right cycling of the drum

Explanation:

Washing machines predominantly cycle one way. To loosen the laundry, the drum sometimes abruptly turns the other way. Due to this opposite movement, suddenly a few liters of water bumps very forcefully into the laundry, and therefore the opening of the duvet cover will come to lie completely open. Smaller laundry falls in one piece at a time. As soon as the machine goes into centrifuge mode, the smaller laundry pieces are being pushed in further. It is very difficult for laundry that is in the duvet cover to get out.

I shall sleep tonight (in (but not IN) my freshly laundered duvet cover)

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

"

Its work of the devil...simple as that

Its work of the devil...simple as that "

I like that theory better tbh

"Ok you're all a bit right - according to Job Bouwman, PhD candidate on physics of medical imaging,

Answer:

Explanation:

Washing machines predominantly cycle one way. To loosen the laundry, the drum sometimes abruptly turns the other way. Due to this opposite movement, suddenly a few liters of water bumps very forcefully into the laundry, and therefore the opening of the duvet cover will come to lie completely open. Smaller laundry falls in one piece at a time. As soon as the machine goes into centrifuge mode, the smaller laundry pieces are being pushed in further. It is very difficult for laundry that is in the duvet cover to get out.

I shall sleep tonight (in (but not IN) my freshly laundered duvet cover) "

What do you mean "all a bit right"! I think I nailed it missus. Anyway, sweet dreams tonight in your clean beebaws.

"Ok you're all a bit right - according to Job Bouwman, PhD candidate on physics of medical imaging,

Answer:

Explanation:

What do you mean "all a bit right"! I think I nailed it missus. Anyway, sweet dreams tonight in your clean beebaws. "

Thanks

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"

I think my daz doing a project on this just now might be better when he’s not three sheets to the wind though . My problem is why when putting the quilt in the duvet cover I have to fight with the cat to get it out of the duvet .

I think my daz doing a project on this just now might be better when he’s not three sheets to the wind though . My problem is why when putting the quilt in the duvet cover I have to fight with the cat to get it out of the duvet . "

It's a CATastrophe even the scientists can't answer

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

... Smaller laundry falls in one piece at a time. As soon as the machine goes into centrifuge mode, the smaller laundry pieces are being pushed in further. It is very difficult for laundry that is in the duvet cover to get out.

I shall sleep tonight (in (but not IN) my freshly laundered duvet cover) "

I shall not sleep now. Smaller pieces of laundry, now personified, trapped and smothered by the giant duvet, trying desperately to escape!

New respect for my pillow cases and socks.

By *ittle_missknowitallWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 18/02/20 20:28:01]

"

... Smaller laundry falls in one piece at a time. As soon as the machine goes into centrifuge mode, the smaller laundry pieces are being pushed in further. It is very difficult for laundry that is in the duvet cover to get out.

I shall not sleep now. Smaller pieces of laundry, now personified, trapped and smothered by the giant duvet, trying desperately to escape!

New respect for my pillow cases and socks. "

oh dear

By *haveMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Personally I think that little plastic washing powder cup is cold and gets all wrapped up in cover cause when the machine finished it's always inside

"Personally I think that little plastic washing powder cup is cold and gets all wrapped up in cover cause when the machine finished it's always inside"

That’s one reason I changed to the liquid you just pour into the drawer

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

The laundry fairies do it for their amusement.

Especially when they are bored of stealing single socks

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

"The laundry fairies do it for their amusement.

Especially when they are bored of stealing single socks"

Nothing to do with fairies mate, it's the sock monster

Fairies, sock monsters, the Devil!!??!!!

"

I could give YOU a wet cycle in my duvet and maybe after a few spins you might come out in a fankle..but I wouldn’t say we would be totally cleaned..maybe messy.

Am just sayin

I could give YOU a wet cycle in my duvet and maybe after a few spins you might come out in a fankle..but I wouldn’t say we would be totally cleaned..maybe messy.

Am just sayin "

Am just sayin

"

Don’t laugh it’s a 9” kg load spin @ 1600rpm every 15 mins.

It may stay wet..

Am just sayin

It may stay wet.. "

A good blow should sort that

Am just sayin

It may stay wet..

A good blow should sort that "

Excuse Me !!

That’s a terrible thing too say..I’ve never felt so embarrassed.

But..OKAY.x

Am just sayin

It may stay wet..

A good blow should sort that

Excuse Me !!

That’s a terrible thing too say..I’ve never felt so embarrassed.

But..OKAY.x "

Lucky for you Dennis is still about

It's Science

You're a doctor?? That's IT "

I'm not a Duvet Doctor

It's Science

I'm not a Duvet Doctor "

That’s a shame, I might need one of those

By *uitar_antiheroMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Best thread! It’s something I always wondered & there you go. There’s actual research been done.

Next question, why does no one ever phone me until I am on the phone to someone else?

"Best thread! It’s something I always wondered & there you go. There’s actual research been done.

Next question, why does no one ever phone me until I am on the phone to someone else?"

How do you even get a signal up there ffs

It's Science

I'm not a Duvet Doctor

That’s a shame, I might need one of those "

I might need to retrain

It's Science

I'm not a Duvet Doctor

I might need to retrain "

One should always be open to that

It's Science

I'm not a Duvet Doctor

I might need to retrain

One should always be open to that "

I'm open to lots of things

It's Science

I'm not a Duvet Doctor

I might need to retrain

I'm open to lots of things "

Marmite???

It's Science

I'm not a Duvet Doctor

I might need to retrain

Marmite??? "

Maybe its meringues ?

It's Science

I'm not a Duvet Doctor

I might need to retrain

Marmite???

Maybe its meringues ?"

Meringues and marmite??? That’s sick

It's Science

I'm not a Duvet Doctor

I might need to retrain

Marmite???

Maybe its meringues ?

Meringues and marmite??? That’s sick "

True...but maybe you like it

It's Science

I'm not a Duvet Doctor

I might need to retrain

Marmite???

Maybe its meringues ?

True...but maybe you like it "

Can’t think of a worse combination, maybe pineapple on pizza

It's Science

I'm not a Duvet Doctor

I might need to retrain

Marmite???

Maybe its meringues ?

Can’t think of a worse combination, maybe pineapple on pizza "

Pineapple on pizza is awesome

It's Science

I'm not a Duvet Doctor

I might need to retrain

Marmite???

Maybe its meringues ?

Pineapple on pizza is awesome "

Olives are awesome

It's Science

I'm not a Duvet Doctor

I might need to retrain

Marmite???

Maybe its meringues ?

Olives are awesome "

Marmite, olives and pineapple on pizza are all products of a sick mind

It's Science

I'm not a Duvet Doctor

I might need to retrain

Marmite???

Maybe its meringues ?

Olives are awesome

Marmite, olives and pineapple on pizza are all products of a sick mind "

Do you have a prescription that might resolve the problem?

» Add a new message to this topic