FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Fake profiles and time waisters

Fake profiles and time waisters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just don't get what folk get out of making fake profiles or time waisters, do folk actually get off doing this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Seems to happen a lot. God knows what they gain out of it?!

"I just don't get what folk get out of making fake profiles or time waisters, do folk actually get off doing this "

Clearly they must, some folk as well don't like being out the loop and don't like they can't snoop on folks, some folk like the dirty chat but don't want to follow through with anything and some just like to fantasise about being someone else

Just move on and ignore tbh no oii t stressing unless they are actively causi g trouble

No point stressing over something you cannot control.block and move on.

"No point stressing over something you cannot control.block and move on."

Pretty much this

Is there a forum or anything with a list of named and shamed profiles? I guess the rule of thumb is if it's too good to be true it probably is...

No itsnot allowed, riles say just report and block let admin deal. With it

By *ound for poundMan  over a year ago

Dundee

Wasted so much time chatting then they dissappear

Lots, chat or say they wana meet judge u via a pic then block u, as also they don't show a pic

Dundee

Yeah very tedious just say sorry not interested not my type ect at least then it's respectful

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

"Lots, chat or say they wana meet judge u via a pic then block u, as also they don't show a pic "

Judging via a pic is not a bad thing, we all have to make a judgement call somewhere

Dundee

I accept that it's the no reply after sending a pic that riles me thanks but no thanks would be fine.

"I accept that it's the no reply after sending a pic that riles me thanks but no thanks would be fine. "
why it's up to the user

It don't meant there fake or a time waster

But the way I see it would folk rather have a stunning or good looks and a crap personality and a ass or bell end, or a decent person and great personality

Shit happens people cant reply to every message women get inundated with cocks pics so they're not going to reply to every message and not everyone likes the same things. I have a beard and find it difficult meeting but when I have met they've been worth the wait

I’d have thought a lot of what is said above indicates a not interested /no thanks. Baffled why that has to be in black and white

By *40ffCouple  over a year ago

lala land

Must get something from it or they wouldnt have tv shows about cat fishing lol

I know someone that makes fake profiles everywhere they are on. The reason being so they can watch people. Ugh.

Depends on your definition of time waster really! That seems to vary a lot.

Infact so does the being branded a fake.

Ultimately people can use the site however they wish. I don't question it and just do my own thing. If folk don't like it then that's their issue not mine.

If something doesn't go to plan I chalk it up to experience and move on.

Too many people throwing tantrums over strangers on the Internet

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

"But the way I see it would folk rather have a stunning or good looks and a crap personality and a ass or bell end, or a decent person and great personality "

I want to have sex with someone I am attracted to so judgement call is based on a face pic!

I think a lot of people need to come to the realisation that they won't float everyone's boat. It has nothing to do with being a fake or a time waster...they just don't want to meet you. For their own reasons. It's not impossible for people to chat for a little while and think...nope, not for me. This is entirely their prerogative. To moan about it comes across as desperate and entitled.

"I think a lot of people need to come to the realisation that they won't float everyone's boat. It has nothing to do with being a fake or a time waster...they just don't want to meet you. For their own reasons. It's not impossible for people to chat for a little while and think...nope, not for me. This is entirely their prerogative. To moan about it comes across as desperate and entitled."

Dundee

"I think a lot of people need to come to the realisation that they won't float everyone's boat. It has nothing to do with being a fake or a time waster...they just don't want to meet you. For their own reasons. It's not impossible for people to chat for a little while and think...nope, not for me. This is entirely their prerogative. To moan about it comes across as desperate and entitled."

Dundee

not at all, I've no issue with not being someone's type. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Like I've contiuosly said thanks but you are not my type or not interested goes a long way and much appreciated. Blanking someone completely is rude.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

More annoying are those who wish to appear genuine by claiming others are time wasters and hell stick with good old genuine me.....and professional

Just had a time waster this week

A couple arranging to meet as soon as the day comes they delete profile or block whatever. I dont let it bother me,

It's a nightmare

we have had the people chat till near time for meet and stop chatting or disappear lots of times.

Just dont know what they see in it

Just don't talk to people or arrange meets. Problem solved.

"I think a lot of people need to come to the realisation that they won't float everyone's boat. It has nothing to do with being a fake or a time waster...they just don't want to meet you. For their own reasons. It's not impossible for people to chat for a little while and think...nope, not for me. This is entirely their prerogative. To moan about it comes across as desperate and entitled. not at all, I've no issue with not being someone's type. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Like I've contiuosly said thanks but you are not my type or not interested goes a long way and much appreciated. Blanking someone completely is rude. "

Totally agree... Just say if you've changed your mind its not hard to do

By *forfun2k3Couple  over a year ago

Renfrewshire

When folk go to the trouble of making fake profiles to send abuse, find it quite amusing at least I know I bother them & not the other way around! L

"I think a lot of people need to come to the realisation that they won't float everyone's boat. It has nothing to do with being a fake or a time waster...they just don't want to meet you. For their own reasons. It's not impossible for people to chat for a little while and think...nope, not for me. This is entirely their prerogative. To moan about it comes across as desperate and entitled. not at all, I've no issue with not being someone's type. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Like I've contiuosly said thanks but you are not my type or not interested goes a long way and much appreciated. Blanking someone completely is rude.

Totally agree... Just say if you've changed your mind its not hard to do "

I agree it goes a long way for people to explain that they cant make iy or changed there minds

"I think a lot of people need to come to the realisation that they won't float everyone's boat. It has nothing to do with being a fake or a time waster...they just don't want to meet you. For their own reasons. It's not impossible for people to chat for a little while and think...nope, not for me. This is entirely their prerogative. To moan about it comes across as desperate and entitled. not at all, I've no issue with not being someone's type. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Like I've contiuosly said thanks but you are not my type or not interested goes a long way and much appreciated. Blanking someone completely is rude.

Totally agree... Just say if you've changed your mind its not hard to do I agree it goes a long way for people to explain that they cant make iy or changed there minds "

Just a wee bit of courtesy

Well i for one will.ket people lnow if i was to change my mind or can't make it

So i can't see why others can't

By *avenlouCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I’ve often thought this site would benefit from a scoring system. How fab you are maybe, or heat like on hotukdeals.

Long consistent chats with multiple replies with one thread would get a multiplier, length of messages give the base score. Added bonus points for logging in regularity.

Deleting messages without a reply would loose a couple of points.

Mentioning external sites like easy street could remove a ton of points to lower spammer scores.

Users could add a report for “wasted my time” without need for admin action however enough time waster reports could raise a flag with admin. Each time waster report could deduct points.

Verifications could add some points, number of photos could add points. Each admin interaction with an account could remove points.

Users could know people were serious site users by seeing how “hot” or “fab” they were at a glance. Most importantly in time wasters would likely end up with a negative score and appear below new users who would start with an even keel.

"I’ve often thought this site would benefit from a scoring system. How fab you are maybe, or heat like on hotukdeals.

Long consistent chats with multiple replies with one thread would get a multiplier, length of messages give the base score. Added bonus points for logging in regularity.

Mentioning external sites like easy street could remove a ton of points to lower spammer scores.

Users could add a report for “wasted my time” without need for admin action however enough time waster reports could raise a flag with admin. Each time waster report could deduct points.

Verifications could add some points, number of photos could add points. Each admin interaction with an account could remove points.

Users could know people were serious site users by seeing how “hot” or “fab” they were at a glance. Most importantly in time wasters would likely end up with a negative score and appear below new users who would start with an even keel."

So like Ebay with positive, neutral and negative feedback?!

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

"I’ve often thought this site would benefit from a scoring system. How fab you are maybe, or heat like on hotukdeals.

Users could know people were serious site users by seeing how “hot” or “fab” they were at a glance. Most importantly in time wasters would likely end up with a negative score and appear below new users who would start with an even keel."

Nope. It has been suggested numerous times in the forums.

Open to abuse so would never be implemented.

Just be honest and if its no, then deal with that as it is. Move on and try somewhere else. Way too many players playing games on here. Just my opinion.

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Why can't folk just accept someone doesn't fancy them?! If I don't find you attractive that's it regardless of the peronality. Doesn't make me a time waster just means I saw your face n thought naw

K

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

only those with said fake accounts can truely answer this one .

luckily some arnt as clever as they think they are and fakes always get found out in the end

I just find them all sad and obviously lacking something in their lifes

I always give everyone a chance at the end off the day I would rather have some amazing friends if there was no chemistry, hence mix n match

I've been called a fake.

Why did the female user call me it? I was not a paid subscription user. Them I ask her why aren't you a paid subscription can't afford it

well that makes you a fake to..

It happens a lot were in from. Nosey people and lots of profile with no pics, it such a shame.

Someone's Genuine...can be someone's fake.

Most times you can spot them a mile away.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I'm currently having a jolly nice chat with a "man" who claims to be in a town about 15miles away, but who Fab says is 200+ miles away. Its probably wrong, but it's good fun to watch the hole be dug.....

By *angbangFantasyWoman  over a year ago

London

"I just don't get what folk get out of making fake profiles or time waisters, do folk actually get off doing this "

I tend to find men do this more. They pretend to be other more attractive men, they pretend to be women or couples. Sad really...

By *ail_forceTV/TS  over a year ago

Dundee

Let's break this down into categories:

1. People who will never meet.

- Some have a fantasy that they want to chat about but are too scared to follow through with. They might arrange to meet but only to keep the conversation (and hence the fantasy) going. They may kid themselves on that they are gonna make that meet but after a wank their enthusiasm dies off.

- Some are in sexless relationships and would never cheat on their partner but won't get the kind of dirty chat they need to wank off to if they don't pretend to be serious about meeting.

2. People who will and do meet who cancel:

- No Mojo - I arrange meets sometimes but nearer the time I get anxious or just not horny enough to follow through.

- Shit happens - sometimes that "sorry my aunty got rushed to hospital" line is genuine.

- Bad vibes. Sometimes after arranging a meet, the chatter goes in a direction that you are uncomfy with and don't want to tell that person you think they might be nuts so you back out instead.

- Bad Faith. After arranging to meet someone they then break out the "something I have to tell you.." line which is usually something they should be upfront about before agreeing a meet. This can be very manipulative behaviour so it raises alarm bells.

Bullshitters - usually sniff them out before agreeing to meet them anyway lol

I would rather meet through a social or anything I don't get the whole let's meet and they blank u

"I would rather meet through a social or anything I don't get the whole let's meet and they blank u "

Me too

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

We always see a few new accounts at the same time start local from us and can only guess it’s a group having a laugh at a party.

There has been a few local to us that only come on to search for a cheating partner then name shame them.

» Add a new message to this topic