FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Mental Wellbeing

Mental Wellbeing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Maybe not the right site to say this but I hope everyone looks after themselves.

This could set ppl back or cause bring forward issues that were quiet before now.

Say if you're not OK.

I'd happily talk with anyone if they feel they need it....

Right, off my soapbox

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yup agreed. Don’t feel alone there’s always people about to chat to. That’s my fear if I’m told I’ve to go off work for 12 weeks - managing to resist it so far

"Yup agreed. Don’t feel alone there’s always people about to chat to. That’s my fear if I’m told I’ve to go off work for 12 weeks - managing to resist it so far "

I'm the same, I'm happy to be the last one going in

I'm waiting on you getting pelters for this post OP but fair play.

I think a lot of people will struggle psychologically through this.

"Yup agreed. Don’t feel alone there’s always people about to chat to. That’s my fear if I’m told I’ve to go off work for 12 weeks - managing to resist it so far

I'm the same, I'm happy to be the last one going in"

I’m on the frontline so having to keep going but it’s kept me busy and not giving me time to think. In saying that I’m on a week leave so need to be careful #itsoknottobeok xx

By *otrock-cplCouple  over a year ago

Glenrothes

I'm still cracking on at the farm as you all need to eat and drink so not had loads of time to process things.

Holly is thankfully working at home.

More than happy to chat to anyone who needs to talk XXX

I was feeling really down about the whole thing. I was overwhelmed and really emotional most of last week. I've worried about my sons, the juggle between making sure they are OK, and being home schooled enough whilst still working full time.

My loneliness that's always there, ramped up massively and it's been tough.

However today I embraced technology, and met with friends virtually, got a bit merry and giggled the day away and danced most of the night.

My sons likely think I've lost the plot.

It's amazing how much we take for granted the rest of the time.

I hope that everyone is OK and is also avoiding all the hate that seems to have come from this.

Be kind to yourselves and each other xx

I know this will be swamped with other replies. But if anyone needs to I'm always available to chat.

Look after your mental health folks.

By *idas ManMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

I’m not sure many will admit to it cos it’s gonna be detrimental to the reasons why they’re here and don’t want the women folk to see them as weak. Machismo and all that. That said, my mental health is shit and I’m losing. Keep talking and stay safe

While I was driving to work last night I drive over the forth crossing as the roads were very quiet. I noticed about 10 cars parked up with people still sitting in them which I found very strange. Then about 500 yards up the road saw the blue lights and road shut just under a flyover. I then noticed a man lying on the road blood everywhere with the police working on him. I haven't been able to stop thinking about this today how bad things must be in this persons life to end it this way.

"While I was driving to work last night I drive over the forth crossing as the roads were very quiet. I noticed about 10 cars parked up with people still sitting in them which I found very strange. Then about 500 yards up the road saw the blue lights and road shut just under a flyover. I then noticed a man lying on the road blood everywhere with the police working on him. I haven't been able to stop thinking about this today how bad things must be in this persons life to end it this way."

Crikey...do you know for sure what happened?

"While I was driving to work last night I drive over the forth crossing as the roads were very quiet. I noticed about 10 cars parked up with people still sitting in them which I found very strange. Then about 500 yards up the road saw the blue lights and road shut just under a flyover. I then noticed a man lying on the road blood everywhere with the police working on him. I haven't been able to stop thinking about this today how bad things must be in this persons life to end it this way.

Crikey...do you know for sure what happened?"

Yeah guy jumped over flyover.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"While I was driving to work last night I drive over the forth crossing as the roads were very quiet. I noticed about 10 cars parked up with people still sitting in them which I found very strange. Then about 500 yards up the road saw the blue lights and road shut just under a flyover. I then noticed a man lying on the road blood everywhere with the police working on him. I haven't been able to stop thinking about this today how bad things must be in this persons life to end it this way.

Crikey...do you know for sure what happened?Yeah guy jumped over flyover."

That is awful. Hope you ok.

It’s going to be tough people , make a to do list and try focus. If we sit about doing nothing that’s where we can struggle trust me I know ,

Keep smiling people and feel free to chat x

If people adhere and follow the advice given hopefully this covid19 will pass and the NHS won't be swamped with people later with mental health problems as we will be able to get out longer which will aid our mental health . I fully understand how this can affect you due to me being stuck inside for 3weeks 12hrs aday without getting any sunlight or fresh air . So lets stay safe and hope it leaves us soon

By *ilverminxWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

What a thoughtful post.

Think this is hard on so many people. I changed jobs 3 weeks ago and so trying to find my feet in semi-unfamiliar surroundings while dealing with coronavirus, arguing with the ex over childcare and trying to keep parents safe. Being a shift worker means you don’t have structure anyway but this is so much worse. Fab is a nice little escape from reality and it’s nice to see that people care about each other.

"I'm waiting on you getting pelters for this post OP but fair play.

I think a lot of people will struggle psychologically through this. "

I thought so too, just worried about ppl atm. Worth reaching out

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I couldn't agree more. No one should feel they are on their own.

I worry that a lot of the people I work with in my job will have relapses in their rehab due to this situation and not being able to provide the same level of support as before. The mental strain can be very hard when you feel alone. If anyone is struggling but doesn't want to talk to people on here there are a few different texting services and apps you can get to talk to people which I'll happily share.

Stay safe everyone. Spread love and understanding and not the virus

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

My mental wellbeing is going in a steady decline.

I'll not moan about it though, I'll just see where it leads.

Mandy

I suffer from depression on a daily basis have for several years including stress and anxiety. But been cycling on a daily basis weather permitin

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Mental health is why i walk alot. It is the only thing that helps clear my head.

Yes it's a mind battle every day for mental year's

"Mental health is why i walk alot. It is the only thing that helps clear my head."

Thank u...

Thot it get slatted for this

"Yes it's a mind battle every day for mental year's "
Thank u...

Thot it get slatted for this

By *oneybadger67Man  over a year ago

Near there

"Mental health is why i walk alot. It is the only thing that helps clear my head."

Why get slated for mental health it's an invisible and mental chemical imbalance in the brain, does not mean people can catch it

By *ockothenorthMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Hope everyone is looking out for anyone vulnerable or with mental health issues during these tough times. Had the misfortune to witness a poor guy being fished out the tay after jumping from the road bridge on Tuesday .must be a really bad time for people with issues at the moment, look out for them and each other

"Hope everyone is looking out for anyone vulnerable or with mental health issues during these tough times. Had the misfortune to witness a poor guy being fished out the tay after jumping from the road bridge on Tuesday .must be a really bad time for people with issues at the moment, look out for them and each other "

Poor, poor guy. It's like there's a whole other pandemic out there just now besides corona.

By *ill-Ian KissesCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere over there

I was watching Lorraine on GMB (which I don’t normally get the chance to as I’d be working)

She openly admits to having mental struggles and asks everyone; whether celebrity or not how are they coping and a lot have said they’ve struggled. There was one guy today who does fun ‘dance’ videos on YouTube but had said his mental health is that bad, his brain was telling him to kill himself on Tuesday. His coping was to acknowledge it and to wait it out rather than let it overwhelm him.

I’ve been trying to keep active and use my music to help me (love singing along. Albeit badly ) and to do a wee walk/be in sunshine, read a book.

Just talk to someone; whether it’s on here, Samaritans or a friend. It’s unusual times for us all, so we need to look out for each other.

Millie x

» Add a new message to this topic