FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Update on testing from Canarian Weekly

Update on testing from Canarian Weekly

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eddy and legs OP   Couple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Looked like Friday is the day of reckoning

The president of the Canary Islands, Angel Victor Torres, and the Minister of Tourism, Yaiza Castilla, revealed that a negative test result that was carried out within 72 hours of travelling to the islands, will be a requirement for anyone staying in licensed holiday accommodation.

This means that a negative test result will not be mandatory to enter the islands at this point, but it is necessary when checking into:

- Hotels

- Aparthotels

- Rural hotels

- Timeshare Resorts

- Holiday apartment complexes

- Any accommodation with a ‘VV’ classification.

This applies to international travellers, EU travellers, national travellers from the mainland, and even local residents if they want to stay in a hotel or ‘holiday’ accommodation, as when they check in, they become ‘tourists’.

This does not apply to people staying in their own property on a residential complex, or their own residential property, but if they are residents in an apartment on a holiday complex, then they will need to check with reception.

The government have proposed this way of ensuring safety for travellers and residents, after Aena said no to testing tents at airports, and hoteliers said no to testing in receptions and paying for the tests, as it also falls in-line with their Covid Insurance policy via Axa that covers anyone staying in legally registered holiday accommodation.

The decree for this proposal is scheduled to be signed off on Friday, and if it is, will be printed in the Boletin Oficial (BOC) on Saturday. Legally from the next day, Sunday November 1st, it could be implemented as a requirement, but it won’t be, it will be somewhere between the 8th and the 15th of the month.

Castilla said that it will take at least a week to implement correctly and let tour operators, travel agents, embassies, and hotel chains, inform clients across Europe of the new requirement, and for them to have time get a PCR or Anti-Gen test in time to travel, but it will be a maximum of 15 days from the date of decree. Until the date it is implemented, no travellers need the test results to stay in the Canaries.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

Well, easy enough if the antigen quickie test is included as per the report. If it keeps the island open, gotta be done.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Still a long way to go, talking about the islands testing at hotels if you can’t test from your home country as well.

Also there is now €1,000,000 fund for airlines to bring more people to the island and also a bonus for extra flights.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

All sounds good to me

the wetlands

"Still a long way to go, talking about the islands testing at hotels if you can’t test from your home country as well.

Also there is now €1,000,000 fund for airlines to bring more people to the island and also a bonus for extra flights. "

Something needs to happen because were looking at a week in December.

I am 1000% behind testing but it needs to be fair and easy.

£900 for flight and hotel fine but add £189 x 2 for tests or even £120 each if boots get up and running in northern ireland isn't happening, maybe next year.

By *illynmintCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Will be fun getting a test for a flight on 26th December

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I'm flying early Monday. Hopefully it won't be in force by then as not much time to get it organised.

By *our LamourCouple  over a year ago

'near that London'

"Will be fun getting a test for a flight on 26th December "

Been discussing all day since we heard of this idea .... we are due to fly on the 28th December

It’s all fine and we’ll saying you need to have a valid cert. Biggest challenge is being able to get a test and the results in time for the holiday. It’s not cheap either which will put a lot of people off.

Madeira are offering free tests to people who don’t have a valid negative test. You have to self isolate at your hotel until the results come back. Friends of mine flew out yesterday and were tested at the airport when they arrived. Room service in the hotel and results were received at 4am. They are advising 12 hour turn around on testing so can afford to lose the first night of the holiday.

By *edonist 2Couple  over a year ago

Fylde Coast.

"Will be fun getting a test for a flight on 26th December "

Us too!

"It’s all fine and we’ll saying you need to have a valid cert. Biggest challenge is being able to get a test and the results in time for the holiday. It’s not cheap either which will put a lot of people off.

Madeira are offering free tests to people who don’t have a valid negative test. You have to self isolate at your hotel until the results come back. Friends of mine flew out yesterday and were tested at the airport when they arrived. Room service in the hotel and results were received at 4am. They are advising 12 hour turn around on testing so can afford to lose the first night of the holiday.

"

So something like this is being talked about just now out here. But turn around time is going to be much faster.

As i Said, still a lot more to come out over the next few days.

the wetlands

"It’s all fine and we’ll saying you need to have a valid cert. Biggest challenge is being able to get a test and the results in time for the holiday. It’s not cheap either which will put a lot of people off.

"

The issue I see with that is if anyone test positive how many seats either way will be quarantine for 14 days !!!

the wetlands

So something like this is being talked about just now out here. But turn around time is going to be much faster.

As i Said, still a lot more to come out over the next few days. "

What needs to happen is the airlines set up local testing stations and everyone on tbe flight gets tested between 2 and 4 days before departure.

They use the rapid test kits and even though they aren't 100% accurate the test can be randomly repeated on arrival.

100+ people in a flight must make it financially viable for them to set up "clinics" possibly in conjunction with airports who also need footfall.

All the stakeholders need to work together if it's going to be successful, not people trying to randomly get tested all over the place.

Just my opinion yours may vary

The Airlines should be using the €150,000 the government are giving them. But the airports have said they don’t want testing in the airport.

Now maybe a portable testing unit just outside the airport (in the carpark) would work. But the price of the testing should come down so it don’t put people off.

the wetlands

"The Airlines should be using the €150,000 the government are giving them. But the airports have said they don’t want testing in the airport.

Now maybe a portable testing unit just outside the airport (in the carpark) would work. But the price of the testing should come down so it don’t put people off. "

I still think it needs to be prior to departure not tested on arrival in GC that's too late IMHO

"The Airlines should be using the €150,000 the government are giving them. But the airports have said they don’t want testing in the airport.

Now maybe a portable testing unit just outside the airport (in the carpark) would work. But the price of the testing should come down so it don’t put people off. "

Let’s face it, the car parks are empty so testing at the airport and quarantine till results are available is best option.

By *exysinnersCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere in the South West

Looks like this is going to scupper our plan to leave Greece on the 14th and fly to Tenerife on the 15th . There's no way we'd be able to get a test in time.

The only viable option for us would be to be tested on arrival in Tenerife.....Not a lot is going to plan this year.

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich & London

Wonder if Tui will do this for the UK too?

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/tui-pay-tests-dutch-tourists

"Wonder if Tui will do this for the UK too?

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/tui-pay-tests-dutch-tourists"

Don't hold your breathe after my dealings with them recently

Now maybe a portable testing unit just outside the airport (in the carpark) would work. But the price of the testing should come down so it don’t put people off.

I still think it needs to be prior to departure not tested on arrival in GC that's too late IMHO"

Totally agree, what if you tested positive? 14 days Isolation in a hotel room ?

the wetlands

I still think it needs to be prior to departure not tested on arrival in GC that's too late IMHO

Totally agree, what if you tested positive? 14 days Isolation in a hotel room ?"

Exactly, and possibly 10-20 other people sat near to you on the plane too !!!

chelmsford

"I'm flying early Monday. Hopefully it won't be in force by then as not much time to get it organised. "

It most likely won't be Sally, think they are talking 8th November, at the earliest

I agree about pre flight testing. But this has been worked on for 4 months and there is still no real clear plan.

Whatever happens, we need to make sure the islands stay clear of this virus. We are starting to see Hotels open that have been closed since March. Still not seen any real tourists just the odd one here and there. Hopefully TUI follow suit as the Dutch TUI and do free testing.

But definitely we are starting to see a buss in the locals the odd flights that are coming in are now full and not the 15/20 passengers that it’s been for months. November is now starting to look like it could be a real good starting point for tourism

GC is doing outstanding when it comes to the virus. Numbers are that low it’s not really worth talking about. Tenerife need to start to do a bit more work and El Hierro.

Tourism starts this weekend and so does the cruise lines.

Leeds

"I'm flying early Monday. Hopefully it won't be in force by then as not much time to get it organised.

It most likely won't be Sally, think they are talking 8th November, at the earliest "

Phew. Thanks for the reassurance

chelmsford

"I agree about pre flight testing. But this has been worked on for 4 months and there is still no real clear plan.

Whatever happens, we need to make sure the islands stay clear of this virus. We are starting to see Hotels open that have been closed since March. Still not seen any real tourists just the odd one here and there. Hopefully TUI follow suit as the Dutch TUI and do free testing.

But definitely we are starting to see a buss in the locals the odd flights that are coming in are now full and not the 15/20 passengers that it’s been for months. November is now starting to look like it could be a real good starting point for tourism

GC is doing outstanding when it comes to the virus. Numbers are that low it’s not really worth talking about. Tenerife need to start to do a bit more work and El Hierro.

Tourism starts this weekend and so does the cruise lines.

"

I hope they do stay clear of the virus, our rates are going up all the time, so the need for testing visitors is vital, but hey,looks like you're going to get busy, very soon!

chelmsford

"I'm flying early Monday. Hopefully it won't be in force by then as not much time to get it organised.

It most likely won't be Sally, think they are talking 8th November, at the earliest

Phew. Thanks for the reassurance"

You have a lovely holiday x

Couple of things I’m not sure off , if you are to be tested at hotels , you could infect a lot of people before you get to the hotel , airport , plane ,getting your baggage, transfer to hotels etc , so it can only take one person and so many peoples holidays could be ruined, I still think the uk government will reverse the two week quarantine again as soon as Covid cases rise again in gran can which is likely with most countries now letting people fly there without quarantining upon return ,

chelmsford

"Couple of things I’m not sure off , if you are to be tested at hotels , you could infect a lot of people before you get to the hotel , airport , plane ,getting your baggage, transfer to hotels etc , so it can only take one person and so many peoples holidays could be ruined, I still think the uk government will reverse the two week quarantine again as soon as Covid cases rise again in gran can which is likely with most countries now letting people fly there without quarantining upon return , "

My understanding is that the proposal is that you get a negative test in this country, within 72 hours of leaving for your holiday

the wetlands

"Couple of things I’m not sure off , if you are to be tested at hotels , you could infect a lot of people before you get to the hotel , airport , plane ,getting your baggage, transfer to hotels etc , so it can only take one person and so many peoples holidays could be ruined, I still think the uk government will reverse the two week quarantine again as soon as Covid cases rise again in gran can which is likely with most countries now letting people fly there without quarantining upon return ,

My understanding is that the proposal is that you get a negative test in this country, within 72 hours of leaving for your holiday "

It seems a little more complicated than that

You can't check into a controlled hotel or apartment without a test but you can fly.

the wetlands

Looks like there won't be any germans there for at least a month, they're locked down until December, no unessential travel, emphasis on stay at home

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

"Looks like there won't be any germans there for at least a month, they're locked down until December, no unessential travel, emphasis on stay at home"

Certainly not as many anyway.

Doesn't come into force until Monday though lol

In addition, Unnecessary travel is strongly discouraged, so not breaking the law if they do.

Time will tell

the wetlands

"Looks like there won't be any germans there for at least a month, they're locked down until December, no unessential travel, emphasis on stay at home

Certainly not as many anyway.

Doesn't come into force until Monday though lol

In addition, Unnecessary travel is strongly discouraged, so not breaking the law if they do.

Time will tell"

Just as the canarian were given a glimmer of hope too ....

I guess the UK will follow suit very soon

chelmsford

"Couple of things I’m not sure off , if you are to be tested at hotels , you could infect a lot of people before you get to the hotel , airport , plane ,getting your baggage, transfer to hotels etc , so it can only take one person and so many peoples holidays could be ruined, I still think the uk government will reverse the two week quarantine again as soon as Covid cases rise again in gran can which is likely with most countries now letting people fly there without quarantining upon return ,

My understanding is that the proposal is that you get a negative test in this country, within 72 hours of leaving for your holiday

You can't check into a controlled hotel or apartment without a test but you can fly.

"

Yes, so where do get the test?

By *UN-ALMan  over a year ago

Near Fenwick

So if you have a test prior to flying and it posts positive, surely you can not go to the airport and fly ?

East kilbride

"So if you have a test prior to flying and it posts positive, surely you can not go to the airport and fly ? "

That is correct. You would not be allowed to board without a Neg certificate.

If you were positive then you should be isolating and nowhere near an airport.

Would have though that was common sense

[Removed by poster at 29/10/20 07:39:42]

Leeds

After a positive test you must isolate for 10 days, not 14.

By *olce and GabbanaCouple  over a year ago

St Neots, UK

So is the bottom line that we have to have a PCR test within 72 hours of departure with a negative result?? We had to get one done for Cyprus three weeks ago and show the certificate prior to boarding!

the wetlands

"After a positive test you must isolate for 10 days, not 14."
that's a huge relief

the wetlands

Yes, so where do get the test? "

They're talking of sending you to the medical centre

St Neots, UK

Just picked this up from the FCO website:

Testing/screening on arrival

On arrival, travellers entering Spain from the UK will not be required to self-isolate.

However, you will be subject to the following three requirements:

It is mandatory for all passengers travelling to Spain to fill out and sign an online form 48 hours prior to travel, providing the Spanish Ministry of Health with contact information and details of any known history of exposure to COVID-19. You can do this on the Spain Travel Health website or downloadable app. On completion, you will be issued a personal and non-transferable QR code which you must show (electronically or hardcopy) at airport health controls on arrival

Temperature check

Undergo a visual health assessment

Anyone who presents symptoms or fails one of the above requirements will be seen by a health professional.

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Think there is an announcement by the canarian govenor on friday about negative tests being required 72 hours before travelling to the islands.

Hope it all sorted for xmas break

the wetlands

"Just picked this up from the FCO website:

Testing/screening on arrival

On arrival, travellers entering Spain from the UK will not be required to self-isolate.

However, you will be subject to the following three requirements:

It is mandatory for all passengers travelling to Spain to fill out and sign an online form 48 hours prior to travel, providing the Spanish Ministry of Health with contact information and details of any known history of exposure to COVID-19. You can do this on the Spain Travel Health website or downloadable app. On completion, you will be issued a personal and non-transferable QR code which you must show (electronically or hardcopy) at airport health controls on arrival

Temperature check

Undergo a visual health assessment

Anyone who presents symptoms or fails one of the above requirements will be seen by a health professional."

The canaries are now treated differently than mainland Spain and may introduce new rules tomorrow.

St Neots, UK

Think we'll wait before booking and see what they say. Don't want to fork out another £140 each on the PCR tests again!!

the wetlands

"Think we'll wait before booking and see what they say. Don't want to fork out another £140 each on the PCR tests again!!"

Same here then we'll all be locked in again anyway

By *annottsMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Watching

Same, watching this topic with a great deal of interest.

By *ozapperMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

What's happened to this 'quick cheap test' that was being raved about a few weeks ago for about £15 and available from chemists?

I have had to have 4 in the last few weeks for business travel and it's getting expensive as well as inconvenient trying to get the timing right.

By *ingerjo_leeCouple  over a year ago

swinton

Gutted got fuerteventura booked Jan and gran canaria booked March 2021 and don't really wanna pay for tests to go away not over 100 quid each

Wonder if easy jet will transfer flights to the following year

By *ricky41Man  over a year ago

London

Going next Friday to my own place in the canaries. Will I need proof that it's my own place I'm going to i wonder and what sort of proof will they need? Will follow this thread with intrigue

chelmsford

"Going next Friday to my own place in the canaries. Will I need proof that it's my own place I'm going to i wonder and what sort of proof will they need? Will follow this thread with intrigue "

My understanding of the OP is that you don't need it to enter the island, but you do need it to check into licensed accommodation, so you should be ok. We should know more tomorrow

East kilbride

"Gutted got fuerteventura booked Jan and gran canaria booked March 2021 and don't really wanna pay for tests to go away not over 100 quid each

Wonder if easy jet will transfer flights to the following year "

Guy's there are tests being rolled out by Boots in the coming weeks. Others will follow and the costs will be significantly less the £100.

Spain themselves are suggesting that tests in the region of 20/30 euros are likely and would be acceptable

St Neots, UK

"Gutted got fuerteventura booked Jan and gran canaria booked March 2021 and don't really wanna pay for tests to go away not over 100 quid each

Guy's there are tests being rolled out by Boots in the coming weeks. Others will follow and the costs will be significantly less the £100.

Spain themselves are suggesting that tests in the region of 20/30 euros are likely and would be acceptable"

We've just come back from Cyprus and that's what they charge there (€20)...we paid £139 each and had to travel in to London to get it...more chance of getting infected going to get the test done judging by the behaviour of sone of the general public there!! It seems, as always, that some are making mega bucks in this country on this, capitalising on people who just want to have a holiday!!

chelmsford

Spain themselves are suggesting that tests in the region of 20/30 euros are likely and would be acceptable

We've just come back from Cyprus and that's what they charge there (€20)...we paid £139 each and had to travel in to London to get it...more chance of getting infected going to get the test done judging by the behaviour of sone of the general public there!! It seems, as always, that some are making mega bucks in this country on this, capitalising on people who just want to have a holiday!!"

I think it's a good idea, but the cost will put many off...

the wetlands

[Removed by poster at 29/10/20 17:07:02]

the wetlands

We've just come back from Cyprus and that's what they charge there (€20)...we paid £139 each and had to travel in to London to get it...more chance of getting infected going to get the test done judging by the behaviour of sone of the general public there!! It seems, as always, that some are making mega bucks in this country on this, capitalising on people who just want to have a holiday!!

I think it's a good idea, but the cost will put many off..."

If the airlines are serious then they need to join forces and employ a company to do testing for less than £25 a head.

Theres a big difference in overheads from a company doing 20 or 30 private tests a day to a group doing hundreds or thousands a day.

There's a huge business opportunity

BUT

Who would set this up knowing we'll probably return to full lockdown in two weeks (when it's too late again) and quarantine will be brought back.

Too much uncertainty otherwise a few of us would definitely start it in Belfast.

chelmsford

I think it's a good idea, but the cost will put many off...

If the airlines are serious then they need to join forces and employ a company to do testing for less than £25 a head.

Theres a big difference in overheads from a company doing 20 or 30 private tests a day to a group doing hundreds or thousands a day.

There's a huge business opportunity

BUT

Who would set this up knowing we'll probably return to full lockdown in two weeks (when it's too late again) and quarantine will be brought back.

Too much uncertainty otherwise a few of us would definitely start it in Belfast."

The draft is law. It's not as clear as we'd hoped. This is what we know...

Visitors to the Canary Islands who stay in tourist accommodation will need to take a test within 72 hours of departure. A paper or digital certificate is acceptable. If you arrive without a negative test certificate you will be denied entry to your accommodation unless you agree to have a test asap.

The test will not be required for anyone arriving in the next ten days.

The text says you need "a diagnostic test for active infection by COVID-19... approved by your national health authorities".

It does not specify what type of tests will be accepted so we are waiting for clarification.

Visitors who don't stay in tourist accommodation don't have to take a test but are encouraged to do so to keep the Canary Islands safe for everyone.

By *av_55Man  over a year ago

NE

"The draft is law. It's not as clear as we'd hoped. This is what we know...

Visitors to the Canary Islands who stay in tourist accommodation will need to take a test within 72 hours of departure. A paper or digital certificate is acceptable. If you arrive without a negative test certificate you will be denied entry to your accommodation unless you agree to have a test asap.

The text says you need "a diagnostic test for active infection by COVID-19... approved by your national health authorities".

It does not specify what type of tests will be accepted so we are waiting for clarification.

Visitors who don't stay in tourist accommodation don't have to take a test but are encouraged to do so to keep the Canary Islands safe for everyone."

Thank you for update

Leeds

Yes thank you for sharing.

By *lake ElleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

Thank you for sharing xx

"Going next Friday to my own place in the canaries. Will I need proof that it's my own place I'm going to i wonder and what sort of proof will they need? Will follow this thread with intrigue

My understanding of the OP is that you don't need it to enter the island, but you do need it to check into licensed accommodation, so you should be ok. We should know more tomorrow "

We've been holding back waiting for an announcement.

Reading the boots site they say their test is not currently approved as a pre-flight testing service, which requires a PCR test and for results to be processed via a registered lab and a different test will be required

Think we're about to give up on 2020 and count the days to our booked 2021 hols

By *ecretpassion100Couple  over a year ago

Walsall

https://www.thelocal.es/20201028/explained-what-we-know-about-canary-islands-plan-to-introduce-covid-tests-for-tourists

the wetlands

"Going next Friday to my own place in the canaries. Will I need proof that it's my own place I'm going to i wonder and what sort of proof will they need? Will follow this thread with intrigue

My understanding of the OP is that you don't need it to enter the island, but you do need it to check into licensed accommodation, so you should be ok. We should know more tomorrow

Reading the boots site they say their test is not currently approved as a pre-flight testing service, which requires a PCR test and for results to be processed via a registered lab and a different test will be required

Think we're about to give up on 2020 and count the days to our booked 2021 hols"

Boots currently do a 24 hour pcr lab based test which is approved. We registered for it but haven't hd it done yet. Also £120

MHRA approved LAMP testing may be coming soon which can give a result in under an hour.

How is the Heathrow £80 rapid testing acceptable ?

By *cared and curiousCouple  over a year ago

Jarrow

Watching with interest....

By *ilent_runningMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth, Notts & Spain

"Going next Friday to my own place in the canaries. Will I need proof that it's my own place I'm going to i wonder and what sort of proof will they need? Will follow this thread with intrigue "

In these difficult times we travel with a copy of our deeds for our second residence and the padron for our main(habitual) residence.

Should cover all the angles, we hope.

Visitors who don't stay in tourist accommodation don't have to take a test but are encouraged to do so to keep the Canary Islands safe for everyone."

I take it there is going to be rapid testing facilities / walk in centres set up for people who arrive without a Pcr test?

Think we're about to give up on 2020 and count the days to our booked 2021 hols

Boots currently do a 24 hour pcr lab based test which is approved. We registered for it but haven't hd it done yet. Also £120

MHRA approved LAMP testing may be coming soon which can give a result in under an hour.

How is the Heathrow £80 rapid testing acceptable ?"

We found a four night break for all Inc, for 136pp Inc flights if we have to pay 120 each for a test it almost doubles the cost and i can't justify booking it at that price hopefully they'll bring the price down but I fear another full uk lock down will scupper out hopes anyway

Fylde Coast.

Visitors who don't stay in tourist accommodation don't have to take a test but are encouraged to do so to keep the Canary Islands safe for everyone.

I take it there is going to be rapid testing facilities / walk in centres set up for people who arrive without a Pcr test? "

I’ll be surprised if the airlines let you on a flight this end without a test x

the wetlands

I take it there is going to be rapid testing facilities / walk in centres set up for people who arrive without a Pcr test?

I’ll be surprised if the airlines let you on a flight this end without a test x"

Apparently they have no legal right to ask that's part of the problem in implementation of the draft proposal

Fylde Coast.

Apparently they have no legal right to ask that's part of the problem in implementation of the draft proposal"

That’s interesting.

Leeds

"

We found a four night break for all Inc, for 136pp Inc flights "

How can a hotel make a profit charging about £20-25 a night including all meals and drinks ?

the wetlands

Apparently they have no legal right to ask that's part of the problem in implementation of the draft proposal

That’s interesting."

It SEEMS that's why they are asking hotels to do it.

the wetlands

Latest

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/Council-agrees-decree-negative-test-results#ath

Hey guys just a little info I got from our hotel manager "VIP Apartmentoes Nogel" weve been told that medical centres and doctors are putting out info as of last night 29th Nov informing hotels & apartments that they will be providing tests for Covid 19 after you arrive on the island at a cost of no more then €30.

Our hotel have very kindly offered to arrange tests for both my wife and myself and told us it's no problem to arrange and get the test done asap after we check in. We were also informed by hotel manager that it's not a problem to stay until the test is complete.

Unfortunately I can't say what the story with our hotel will be if any of our tests come back positive "Cringe"

So a bit of a mixed bag but at least it heading in the right direction xx

the wetlands

"Hey guys just a little info I got from our hotel manager "VIP Apartmentoes Nogel" weve been told that medical centres and doctors are putting out info as of last night 29th Nov informing hotels & apartments that they will be providing tests for Covid 19 after you arrive on the island at a cost of no more then €30.

Our hotel have very kindly offered to arrange tests for both my wife and myself and told us it's no problem to arrange and get the test done asap after we check in. We were also informed by hotel manager that it's not a problem to stay until the test is complete.

Unfortunately I can't say what the story with our hotel will be if any of our tests come back positive "Cringe"

So a bit of a mixed bag but at least it heading in the right direction xx"

Seems like a glimmer of good news then

My concern would be the number of other passengers stuck into quarantine if one or more people test positive after having flown with the virus.

To u need to take a test before u fly out

We just need confirmation that we can get tested on arrival, or at the hotel etc.....as our plans won't give us enough time in between countries to get a test.

Nottingham

I will get tested before I leave the UK. If I test positive will still be able to get a refund on the holiday.

If I wait until I arrive in GC to get a test and then test positive will have to self isolate in hotel.

Unfortunately we're not going to have the time to get tested in the UK so it's going to have to be GC

Leeds

"Unfortunately we're not going to have the time to get tested in the UK so it's going to have to be GC"

I thought the regulation didn't start for another ten days

By *ackwithabang2000Couple  over a year ago

Stoke

Surely you should be tested before you fly.. To be tested on arrival and test positive would be a nightmare.

By *i winkersCouple  over a year ago

manchester

So from reading that article it says 10 business days which I think would make it Friday 13th November it comes into force?

Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 30/10/20 18:48:08]

By *ot.Irish.Wife.CplCouple  over a year ago

Cork , Munster ,Maspalomas , Citi ,

we are due to fly on Saturday 7th simple question

Fo we need negative test results that taken within 72h

"we are due to fly on Saturday 7th simple question

Fo we need negative test results that taken within 72h"

From what I can gather you'll be ok on the 7th as the rules won't be in force at that point.

By *aucySouWestersCouple  over a year ago

Devon

Looks like it's irrelevant now

By *cared and curiousCouple  over a year ago

Jarrow

"Looks like it's irrelevant now "

What is?

chelmsford

My understanding is that your carrier/travel company will inform you when to get the test.

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

Hoping to travel on the 12th but not booking until it’s clear on SpTH & that’s only if we are not back in full lockdown!!

chelmsford

"Hoping to travel on the 12th but not booking until it’s clear on SpTH & that’s only if we are not back in full lockdown!!"

So much uncertainty all round, hope you get away

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

"Hoping to travel on the 12th but not booking until it’s clear on SpTH & that’s only if we are not back in full lockdown!!

So much uncertainty all round, hope you get away "

Cheers, just wish we’d stayed in Lanzarote now, much safer

chelmsford

"Hoping to travel on the 12th but not booking until it’s clear on SpTH & that’s only if we are not back in full lockdown!!

So much uncertainty all round, hope you get away

Cheers, just wish we’d stayed in Lanzarote now, much safer "

"Unfortunately we're not going to have the time to get tested in the UK so it's going to have to be GC

I thought the regulation didn't start for another ten days"

To be honest it's all a little confusing with dates being banded about. We're out on the 2nd nov and back on the 9th nov so by what I've been reading officially we won't need a test because the decree won't officially come into force until after we've left the island. Saying that we're all ready with our QR codes from SpTH app. What a nightmare I really hope our struggle for a week of nudity will be worth it.

By *av_55Man  over a year ago

NE

Well that’s my holiday up the creek

Re book for Boxing Day

Just had an update from a local source this morning, (Apartments Nogal) via email. The testing does not come into effect officially until the 10th Nov and by what we've been told is not a requirement for staying in official accommodate on GC. Though saying that a valid QR code from the SpTH website is required. So there you go kids.

chelmsford

"Just had an update from a local source this morning, (Apartments Nogal) via email. The testing does not come into effect officially until the 10th Nov and by what we've been told is not a requirement for staying in official accommodate on GC. Though saying that a valid QR code from the SpTH website is required. So there you go kids."

It's a requirement to stay in licensed holiday accommodation, I'm not sure what 'official ' accommodation is

No travel abroad for the next month, maybe longer

chelmsford

"No travel abroad for the next month, maybe longer "

the wetlands

"No travel abroad for the next month, maybe longer

"