FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Gran Canaria November contd.

Gran Canaria November contd.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubo OP   Couple  over a year ago

East kilbride

Blatharer,

Jet2 should have notified you before now.

All their Sunday November flights from Glasgow or Edinburgh were suspended a couple of weeks ago. Were showing as "fully booked"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *latharerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow CC

I knew they had cancelled everything until 1st, but they had continued with the information that they were definitely flying on the 1st.

But, that was them just getting round to informing me.

Shame, I've always found them to be a great service

Flying from Edinburgh instead. So fingers crossed.

4th attempt at this holiday.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Meant to fly sunday to fuerte with jet2 bad boarding cards ect they cancelled 20 minits ago 3rd holiday this year s**t

Glasgow CC

"Meant to fly sunday to fuerte with jet2 bad boarding cards ect they cancelled 20 minits ago 3rd holiday this year s**t"

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had boarding pass in the app. Ready to rock

By *ubkidMan  over a year ago

University

Hi guys, I’ll be in Playa del Ingles for one month from next Saturday. Say hi if you’re going (praying nothing is cancelled on us!)

By *unskiss99Couple  over a year ago

where ever you like

Ours is still on for 1st from Leeds the flights every Tuesday thru Nov Show as fully booked which I guess means cancelled

By *tokie62Man  over a year ago

stoke-on-trent

i have just checked on jet2 flights and they are still operating on the 1st. i am flying on the 3rd from birmingham and i am still optimistic that it goes ahead

East kilbride

"Ours is still on for 1st from Leeds the flights every Tuesday thru Nov Show as fully booked which I guess means cancelled "

Yes fully booked means cancelled

stoke-on-trent

Try Manchester or Birmingham they are still quoting prices for November flights

By *av_55Man  over a year ago

NE

Newcastle still flying through November as booked mine Monday

By *arnsleyduoCouple  over a year ago

Barnsley

Wizz air from doncaster has some great deals

Barnsley

"Wizz air from doncaster has some great deals"

F@@k wizz air they just cancelled our flights for tuesday !!

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Oh foook. Have they told you why???

By *hiterosesCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

Hope ours is OK tomorrow am....

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Wizz air from doncaster has some great deals

F@@k wizz air they just cancelled our flights for tuesday !!"

TUI have Monday flight with hotels

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

Don’t like to be a harbinger of doom but last time Spain locked down folk got stuck in campsites and hotel rooms unable to move for weeks.

Already, Ireland, Germany, France and now Belgium have locked down, I think it’s only a matter of days before Spain and even the UK follow suit.

Barnsley

We will not be beaten!

Rebooked same day with jet2 from mcr .

3rd time lucky lol

By *hropshire1970Man  over a year ago

North Shropshire

I will be in Puerto Rico de Gran Canaria from the 7th November, any ladies about??

By *ary_JosephCouple  over a year ago

South Shields

"Don’t like to be a harbinger of doom but last time Spain locked down folk got stuck in campsites and hotel rooms unable to move for weeks.

Already, Ireland, Germany, France and now Belgium have locked down, I think it’s only a matter of days before Spain and even the UK follow suit.

We've discussed this and arrived at the conclusion that we are happy to be 'stuck' in GC for a lockdown.... we've did the UK lockdown and a sunny lockdown will win every time...

"

Herne Bay

"Don’t like to be a harbinger of doom but last time Spain locked down folk got stuck in campsites and hotel rooms unable to move for weeks.

We've discussed this and arrived at the conclusion that we are happy to be 'stuck' in GC for a lockdown.... we've did the UK lockdown and a sunny lockdown will win every time...

As we are rather the sun

"

GC will NOT be in lockdown anytime soon.

Anyone thinking differently is completely wrong.

By *av_55Man  over a year ago

NE

"GC will NOT be in lockdown anytime soon.

Anyone thinking differently is completely wrong. "

That’s what I want to here

Totally different to mainland so hopefully air bridge stays open

These people depend on tourism as do the air lines of England Germany and Holland

hopefully see everyone in November

Only Tenerife is on the high side for numbers. The other islands are very low.

Hopefully the testing gets fixed ASAP and we can stay open for business.

"GC will NOT be in lockdown anytime soon.

Anyone thinking differently is completely wrong. "

Fingers crossed it stays that way till 24th of Nov when I'm due to come over.

By *i winkersCouple  over a year ago

manchester

I have faith it will be fine just remember keep washing your hands

By *ustonce1Man  over a year ago

Leicester

oh dear looks like LOCKDOWN WEDNESDAY

is going too stop us from going Saturday 7th

By *ot.Irish.Wife.CplCouple  over a year ago

Cork , Munster ,Maspalomas , Citi ,

we are also due on sat 7rh

not looking good

stoke-on-trent

i thought you could still travel to the airports during lockdown?

South Shields

"i thought you could still travel to the airports during lockdown?

"

You can on tier 3 but new tier 4 may restrict us... we'll just have to wait and see.

By *eenonfun2Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Blatharer,

Jet2 should have notified you before now.

All their Sunday November flights from Glasgow or Edinburgh were suspended a couple of weeks ago. Were showing as "fully booked""

We had one day cancelled from our hols, back on Saturday instead of the Sunday we had booked. Hopefully still on for the 17th Nov.

By *ueanddave2Couple  over a year ago

Broughton-in-Furness

Staying in villa (Tauro) 05/11 to 12/11 hopefully!

with private heated pool.

Any guys ,couples and friends welcome .

East kilbride

Hope some of you guys make it. We arrived today and it is warm ?? already been naked ????

Glasgow CC

"Hope some of you guys make it. We arrived today and it is warm ?? already been naked ????"

It was scorching today

East kilbride

Well first night was more or less what we expected. Cita yumbo like ghost towns. Certainly some bars and restaurants open but not many people in them. Real shame for the island and now likely to get worse.

Ended up having midnight fun in our jaccuzi at Venus so not all bad??

By *rednwilma1Couple  over a year ago

york

keep us updated with your trip, good to hear .......

Herne Bay

"Well first night was more or less what we expected. Cita yumbo like ghost towns. Certainly some bars and restaurants open but not many people in them. Real shame for the island and now likely to get worse.

Ended up having midnight fun in our jaccuzi at Venus so not all bad??"

We are arriving Monday seems very quiet then

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Michael Gove just confirmed no travel for holidays abroad, only work or critical reasons, from Thursday...

South Shields

"Michael Gove just confirmed no travel for holidays abroad, only work or critical reasons, from Thursday..."

Does that mean the airlines will refund flights? The jet2.com website is quite vague.

chelmsford

"Michael Gove just confirmed no travel for holidays abroad, only work or critical reasons, from Thursday...

Does that mean the airlines will refund flights? The jet2.com website is quite vague."

Not sure, I think a package they will refund or amend. Flights work differently, they may amend it to a future date...good luck x

By *ensual but Naughty2Couple  over a year ago

South Suffolk

"Michael Gove just confirmed no travel for holidays abroad, only work or critical reasons, from Thursday...

Does that mean the airlines will refund flights? The jet2.com website is quite vague."

Our return flight was cancelled so I have literally just cancelled our flights to GC with Jet2 this minute on the phone and asked about cancelling flights:

If Jet2 cancel one or more of your flights then you are offered either a credit note (online) or full cash refund (has to be done by telephone) for one or both flights.

If your flight hasn't been cancelled then normal terms and conditions apply but they said just wait as it's almost certain they will be cancelled if flying during the lockdown period.

Cancelling took about 2-3 minutes and it was absolutely no problem.

By *ensualcouple99Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

Does that mean the airlines will refund flights? The jet2.com website is quite vague.

Our return flight was cancelled so I have literally just cancelled our flights to GC with Jet2 this minute on the phone and asked about cancelling flights:

If Jet2 cancel one or more of your flights then you are offered either a credit note (online) or full cash refund (has to be done by telephone) for one or both flights.

If your flight hasn't been cancelled then normal terms and conditions apply but they said just wait as it's almost certain they will be cancelled if flying during the lockdown period.

Cancelling took about 2-3 minutes and it was absolutely no problem."

Same here, took five minutes to get through on the phone but quick and easy to cancel and get full refund once through. Had an email confirmation of cancellation within two minutes of putting phone down. Slightly easier than Ryanair, still waiting for refund of June flights from them!

By *wFunGuy4YouMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

Ryanair are crap. They are refusing to offer me a credit note or refund as the flight is still active and going ahead. Anyone else having that issue too

By *urpurseCouple  over a year ago

North West

Lastminute dot com are the same.

We are flying out tomorrow. We will still go as long as jet2 can get us back on Thursday. The lady at Jet2 was saying that they will try and get everybody flown back before Thursday. That's wrong though, as holiday travel is only banned for outbound flights from the UK from Thursday.

"Lastminute dot com are the same.

We are flying out tomorrow. We will still go as long as jet2 can get us back on Thursday. The lady at Jet2 was saying that they will try and get everybody flown back before Thursday. That's wrong though, as holiday travel is only banned for outbound flights from the UK from Thursday. "

Airlines won’t charter a plane to pick up a few people,with no one going out there the plane will be empty, it’s cheaper just to cancel the flight , if anyone wants to fly this week be prepared to be left stranded out there

By *enandlisaCouple  over a year ago

Burnley'ish

We are flying out tomorrow. We will still go as long as jet2 can get us back on Thursday. The lady at Jet2 was saying that they will try and get everybody flown back before Thursday. That's wrong though, as holiday travel is only banned for outbound flights from the UK from Thursday.

Airlines won’t charter a plane to pick up a few people,with no one going out there the plane will be empty, it’s cheaper just to cancel the flight , if anyone wants to fly this week be prepared to be left stranded out there "

Stranded?

May we suggest you read up on international travel laws and the rights of UK citizens when in other countries before making such rash and completely inaccurate comments.

By *rgasmicFunCouple  over a year ago

Gwent

Airlines won’t charter a plane to pick up a few people,with no one going out there the plane will be empty, it’s cheaper just to cancel the flight , if anyone wants to fly this week be prepared to be left stranded out there

Stranded?

May we suggest you read up on international travel laws and the rights of UK citizens when in other countries before making such rash and completely inaccurate comments."

Lock down in England from the 1st Nov, fights out and in from England stopped from the 5th giving people chance to get home, ti stop the spread of this bloody virus, looks like if you are out there you are on your own. good luck.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Omg whatever next

North Shropshire

Bugger, just moved flights due to the lockdown coming and now flying with Jet2 on tuesday!! Might get 2/3 days over there now!!!

North West

Stranded?

May we suggest you read up on international travel laws and the rights of UK citizens when in other countries before making such rash and completely inaccurate comments.

Lock down in England from the 1st Nov, fights out and in from England stopped from the 5th giving people chance to get home, ti stop the spread of this bloody virus, looks like if you are out there you are on your own. good luck."

Lockdown starts on the 5th. And it’s only outbound holiday flights after the 5th that will be cancelled. Business flights will continue. Jet2 have announced on Twitter that all outbound flights will continue until the 5th. They also say that if you are already on holiday then stay until the end of your break. It’s also their duty to get you back. They can’t leave you to fend for yourself. Inbound flights after the 5th are ok too. They would only have to get you out of Gran Canaria if they were having a similar lockdown, which they aren’t. In fact, their infection rate is way lower than ours.

stoke-on-trent

thank you for putting some correct information rather than people just jumping to conclusion or posting their own[unverified]news

i am due to fly on tuesday so far i have checked in and recieved my qr code i have had 6 months staying at home all alone so sod it i want some sun if i get stranded over there i will just have to lump it 5star hotel i think i can manage

By *cared and curiousCouple  over a year ago

Jarrow

Good luck stokie..

I know your pain.

Go for the sun

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Stranded?

Lock down in England from the 1st Nov, fights out and in from England stopped from the 5th giving people chance to get home, ti stop the spread of this bloody virus, looks like if you are out there you are on your own. good luck.

Lockdown starts on the 5th. And it’s only outbound holiday flights after the 5th that will be cancelled. Business flights will continue. Jet2 have announced on Twitter that all outbound flights will continue until the 5th. They also say that if you are already on holiday then stay until the end of your break. It’s also their duty to get you back. They can’t leave you to fend for yourself. Inbound flights after the 5th are ok too. They would only have to get you out of Gran Canaria if they were having a similar lockdown, which they aren’t. In fact, their infection rate is way lower than ours. "

Doesn't their duty to get you back only apply if you booked a holiday and not flights ?

By *eatherJerryCouple  over a year ago

local

[Removed by poster at 01/11/20 17:52:57]

local

[Removed by poster at 01/11/20 17:53:50]

local

Stranded?

Lockdown starts on the 5th. And it’s only outbound holiday flights after the 5th that will be cancelled. Business flights will continue. Jet2 have announced on Twitter that all outbound flights will continue until the 5th. They also say that if you are already on holiday then stay until the end of your break. It’s also their duty to get you back. They can’t leave you to fend for yourself. Inbound flights after the 5th are ok too. They would only have to get you out of Gran Canaria if they were having a similar lockdown, which they aren’t. In fact, their infection rate is way lower than ours.

Doesn't their duty to get you back only apply if you booked a holiday and not flights ?"

Finally sense on here

chelmsford

"thank you for putting some correct information rather than people just jumping to conclusion or posting their own[unverified]news

i am due to fly on tuesday so far i have checked in and recieved my qr code i have had 6 months staying at home all alone so sod it i want some sun if i get stranded over there i will just have to lump it 5star hotel i think i can manage

"

Enjoy

North West

Stranded?

Doesn't their duty to get you back only apply if you booked a holiday and not flights ?"

Yes, and we have the holiday package with last minute so we are covered.

North West

"thank you for putting some correct information rather than people just jumping to conclusion or posting their own[unverified]news

"

Good for you! Same sentiment here. Especially after BJ opened the canaries a week or so back. If we have to be delayed getting home by a day or two, we can live with that

By *rgasmicFunCouple  over a year ago

Gwent

"

5.0 news ITV, govt confirmed from 5th Nov all travel to and from England and around England to be business only,but if wales re-opens on the 9th Cardiff airport should be up and running.

North West

5.0 news ITV, govt confirmed from 5th Nov all travel to and from England and around England to be business only,but if wales re-opens on the 9th Cardiff airport should be up and running."

That’s likely to be correct. But returning holiday makers will be allowed to travel. Just nobody coming here for a holiday.

There is no way airlines are going to be flying people out in the next few days only to send out droves of planes to pick everybody up before Thursday.

If they happen to cancel just before we travel tomorrow, fair enough. But if they fly us out then it’s highly unlikely a fleet of aircraft will fly into Gran Canaria to collect us on Wednesday night.

North West

This is the quote from the itv news website:

“ Those who are already on holiday will be able to return to the UK but do not have to cut their holidays short,”

By *forfuntimesCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

We were due to fly on 14th.. decided to bite the bullet and are now flying on 3rd & will probably stay until 5th December.

Taking work with us - fortunate that we can work anywhere with decent internet - and actually have 2 weeks off from 14th...

Not going to do lockdown over here again - much rather be sat in the sunshine...

North West

"We were due to fly on 14th.. decided to bite the bullet and are now flying on 3rd & will probably stay until 5th December.

Taking work with us - fortunate that we can work anywhere with decent internet - and actually have 2 weeks off from 14th...

Not going to do lockdown over here again - much rather be sat in the sunshine..."

Sounds like the perfect lockdown

By *rSwaggerMan  over a year ago

Northants

Its pretty simple.

If you're flying Monday Tuesday Wednesday then still go. They wont fly you out for your holidays to then demand you home 24 hours later.

You have a contract with the airline and thier duty is to return you to the uk on your given return dates.

In fact it is cheaper for them to send out empty planes than leave them grounded and pay all those compensation claims.

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"We were due to fly on 14th.. decided to bite the bullet and are now flying on 3rd & will probably stay until 5th December.

Not going to do lockdown over here again - much rather be sat in the sunshine..."

We’re staying at the Buenos Aires and they have wireless router in every room. Have to say it’s been a great connection, which is not only used for our work, but also our iptv.

Going through a vpn to be on the safe side though as internet connectivity in public places/hotels isn’t the most secure.

If you don’t have a vpn, drop us a line and I’ll tell you more x

Herne Bay

On our way today looking forward to some sun

Leicester

must be bloody STUPID!!!!

Herne Bay

Sounds great very jealous

chelmsford

"On our way today looking forward to some sun "

Enjoy your holiday

chelmsford

"must be bloody STUPID!!!!"

They are not stupid, they are making a personal choice, which they are at liberty to do.

"must be bloody STUPID!!!!

They are not stupid, they are making a personal choice, which they are at liberty to do."

I agree if you want to travel go.

We should be going on the 29th we still would if allowed its safer there than here..

chelmsford

They are not stupid, they are making a personal choice, which they are at liberty to do.

I agree if you want to travel go.

We should be going on the 29th we still would if allowed its safer there than here.. "

Yes it certainly is at the moment

By *lentyinthetanksirMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

F@@k wizz air they just cancelled our flights for tuesday !!"

Hey guys, I managed to book whizz Tuesday 3rd returning Saturday 7th... flights 11.10 from Donny. So far it all seems full steam ahead?! What did they cancel on you??!! I only booked yesterday ie Sunday 1st?

Leicester

what a SURPRISE SAMISS BEING THE OUTSPOKEN RULER OF GRAN CANARIA !!!!

Barnsley

Hey guys, I managed to book whizz Tuesday 3rd returning Saturday 7th... flights 11.10 from Donny. So far it all seems full steam ahead?! What did they cancel on you??!! I only booked yesterday ie Sunday 1st? "

They cancelled both our flights the 3rd and 17th

chelmsford

Hey guys, I managed to book whizz Tuesday 3rd returning Saturday 7th... flights 11.10 from Donny. So far it all seems full steam ahead?! What did they cancel on you??!! I only booked yesterday ie Sunday 1st?

They cancelled both our flights the 3rd and 17th "

Sorry to hear that...

By *lentyinthetanksirMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Seems really odd. Was it the 11.10 flight out on the 3rd?! I wonder if they cancelled a plane then put another on retrospectively??!! Most odd how they can cancel you a few days ago, but let us book yesterday. Here’s hoping it gets off the ground anyway. X

Barnsley

"Seems really odd. Was it the 11.10 flight out on the 3rd?! I wonder if they cancelled a plane then put another on retrospectively??!! Most odd how they can cancel you a few days ago, but let us book yesterday. Here’s hoping it gets off the ground anyway. X"

Yes it was the 11.10.

Maybe they couldnt do the return?

We rebooked from mcr with jet 2

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

"must be bloody STUPID!!!!"

The down side is that the lockdown might continue though December or beyond potentially stranding folk in GC.

Not too much of a problem if you don’t have work to go back too but complicated if GC goes into Lockdown as well.

The measures in mainland Spain were the most severe in Europe during the last Lockdown.

Wouldn’t fancy spending weeks in a hotel room no matter how nice the weather!

By *forfuntimesCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Seems really odd. Was it the 11.10 flight out on the 3rd?! I wonder if they cancelled a plane then put another on retrospectively??!! Most odd how they can cancel you a few days ago, but let us book yesterday. Here’s hoping it gets off the ground anyway. X

Yes it was the 11.10.

Maybe they couldnt do the return?

We rebooked from mcr with jet 2"

Looking at the flight schedule... looks like they have dropped the Tuesday flight after tomorrow... but still flying on Saturdays....

Herne Bay

The down side is that the lockdown might continue though December or beyond potentially stranding folk in GC.

Not too much of a problem if you don’t have work to go back too but complicated if GC goes into Lockdown as well.

The measures in mainland Spain were the most severe in Europe during the last Lockdown.

Wouldn’t fancy spending weeks in a hotel room no matter how nice the weather!"

GC or U.K. to be locked down in wonder what we’ll choose ??

North Shropshire

I was ment to be flying out Sunday, but moved it to tomorrow. Will be in Peuto Rico till sunday

Flying on Sunday to tenerife

North West

Flight was cancelled flying back with Jet2 yesterday. Transferred to a TUI flight flying to Birmingham first then Manchester. Lastminute sorted it all out. Our hotel (Waikiki) shutting next week for a couple of months.

Had a great time over there. Dunes are definitely open no signs to say don’t go on them, and no police. Local said police sometimes turn up in the morning and ask people to leave. No fines though. Kiosks are shut but plenty of people on beach when the sun is out.

» Add a new message to this topic