FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Santander ATM machine at the Yumbo

Santander ATM machine at the Yumbo

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustusboth2013 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

As a Santander customer, I’ve always used this machine at the Yumbo (bar a couple of occasions in PDI where I used the one near the Kasbah and one walking down Avd. Tirajana towards the Cita) to withdraw my money and convert to Euros.

The machine previously would cleverly suggest whether you take a Yes charge in GBP or No for Euros. So to avoid DCC it was always a No. Happy Days.

This year, I’ve noticed that they’ve updated the messaging to Withdrawal With Conversion; Withdrawal Without Conversion.

Obviously gone for the Without Conversion, as this should avoid the machine being my best friend and converting for me.

Thought I’d share this as if like us, you’ve been using this ATM for years in PDI, it threw us off and caught us off guard.

#Pavlov

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *NightingaleCouple  over a year ago

Watching

Good advise for everyone as you say you should always withdraw in the local currency.

Were in Spain at the moment and have noticed that you need to keep a sharp eye on the card payment machines when you "scan and go" they sometimes give you the option of Euros or Sterling but half the time they've pulled the machine away and the cashier hits the option button for you.

Worth keeping an eye on if your lucky enough to be outside of the uk and you'll save some money

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic